Why does God allow suffering?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus came to me and called my name daily foe 3 years before I accepted Him as my Savior and Lord. He knew the things that were happening to me, and the things I had done... and told me that life was not His plan for me, calling me daily ...He was persistent, although I put Him off for 3 years.

He is not ignorant of what goes on in this world. When you want to do something well, you have to study it out, know it inside and out, count the cost before you enter into it. Not knowing details could mean major mistakes.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're talking complete nonsense. For, what is the difference between not knowing what will occur, but realizing that it occurred after the fact? There comes a point where one has to start putting two and two together, meaning, the simple process of induction will force you to realize what is about to occur under certain circumstances. Thus, one can forecast the future, obviously. Even humans do this daily, not with impeccable precision or accuracy, but to the degree that it reveals that an omniscient will be able to do so.

Now, this is just stated to undermine your premise, not to conclude that God has limited knowledge, whether voluntarily or not.
God is omniscient and sovereign.

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, there is difference between knowing the outcome and the steps to get there.
Is Jesus our bridge to the Father or not? You're not grasping what sin does to a good infinite creator God. You also want to pretend awful things don't happen here.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again, there is difference between knowing the outcome and the steps to get there.
Is Jesus our bridge to the Father or not? You're not grasping what sin does to a good infinite creator God. You also want to pretend awful things don't happen here.
Well, there are only two options then: God established what will occur before He created all things, or that His infinite knowledge and wisdom allows Him to perceive what the future holds.
Either way, evil in the world, which there undeniably is to a prevalent degree, is not due to His being unable to foresee or prevent it, but rather, He categorically allows it. Did He not precipitate the flood, the earthquake under Corah's rebellion, the serpents in the desert, the Assyrian or Babylonian captivities, the destruction of Jerusalem and the temples (586BC, 70AD)?
In a previous post on this thread, I attempted to explain why - to what degree can God intervene in human history, until His participation entirely removes and inhibits human free will and choice?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Things changed when Jesus got here.
God's ontology changed when Jesus arrived, how so, I thought the He was immutable?
And, no, God did not alter His providence nor immanence once Jesus arrived.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At all times, “God is our comfort in the midst of suffering” (2 Corinthians 1:3–7). 11. “We are invited to join [Christ] in emptying ourselves for the sake of others so that we might also share in his glory” (Philippians 2:5–11). 12.

God allows emotional suffering in our lives is because he knows that sometimes there is nothing that will increase our passion to pursue him more than this pain. And when we seek the Lord and find his love and comfort, we experience far more joy and satisfaction in the Lord than the suffering we endured.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if God can come back and know something after it happened because He had limited Himself the first time? Does the mean God can still be all knowing and give us the ammo to answer why bad things happen here?
Bad things happen here because of satan.

God does allow suffering, even good people suffer some times because of satan and God has to let it happen. But God can see 360 degrees, you can see less than 180 degrees. For instance, God can see that the suffereing of the good will only last a few moments, and then they will be with him for eternity.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember all of America did not give up on Trump. Over half of the voters voted for Trump. America was stolen from Trump.

Umm no,.. the election was stolen from Trump.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For us to know God is for God to know us.
God is only going to allow the people He knows into Heaven, so stop sinning.

I think it is because God gives all of humanity free will. The absence of any suffering in our world and in our lives would effectively negate and defeat the purpose of free will.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Asking satan a question doesn't require that God didn't know the answer. It just required satan to give account of his doings and also, it is now there for our understanding.
Yes GOD asked Questions , yet he already knew the answer .
Look at even at JESUS . He asked them where shall we get bread for all this people .
BUT IT says HE KNEW already , HE just asked them to prove them .
GOD knows all sister . Yes He does . Correct sister . THE LORD knows everything . Nothing IS HIDDEN from HIM .
Yes indeed my dear sister . Let us praise the glorious LORD .

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suffering brings a dependance on God. It also produces spiritual maturity. It puts things in perspective. When you are suffering you realize that a lot of problems are just not that big of a deal. In my personal experiences when my suffering has been the greatest that is when God lets me know he is there with me. It's a conundrum for me. I want to hear from God all the time but its far and few in-between when I do. Do I want to suffer tremendously to hear the voice of God? Yes in a way I do. It's worth it. But at the same time I want the pain to be gone. Come soon Lord Jesus and cleanse this fallen corrupt planet. I long for the age of no more pain and death.

Reactions: April_Rose