Why does God prevent many people from coming to faith in Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your belief that Christ will fail in the mission that His Father gave Him is founded upon a lie that is taught in the apostate church. That lie teaches that mankind must make a "free will" decision to be saved. Mankind has no such ability to make that decision in the marred condition in which we were made. Mankind can only make that decision AFTER Christ comes to us and gives us the free gift of the Spirit.

Amen. Jesus said as much but they don't believe even him. You are right. So many misunderstand because of the false doctrines in which they were indoctrinated.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is Satan released after the thousand years?
So the Gospel can reach the whole earth (land.) Of course that 1,000 years are not literal, though some suggest they are. I see the binding of satan - happening in Acts. I could be wrong though.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Eternally Grateful,
Your understanding of God's Word is based upon your "works" based belief system. You believe that man has something within themselves that can allow them to have faith in Christ.
No,

I do not believe that at all

and you have just joined the ranks of your other fatalistic God hating slandering calvinist brothers

You should be proud.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe that God is loving but also that God punishes people forever. Are not your beliefs contradictory?
They would only be contradictory if we had the calvinist view that God only died for a select view

Since I believe God died for every man woman and child who ever lived.. Then no, it is not contradictory at all

Again, why do you want to blame God because people chose to reject him?

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe God so loved the world he gave his only son. That everyone has the chance to have condemnation removed from them.

Stop blaming God for peoples unbelief.
Amen,

It started in the Garden with Adam and Eve. They were given free-will - they both decide to disobey God when they had the perfect oppertunity to go to him and ask him questions. Instead they both made the choice to disobey, after a sweet lie came from an fallen Angel who freely choose to beguile eve, and Adam brought death to us all...

Thanks Adam. Eve showed gratitude when the Lord gave her a child, you dont hear anything from adam. He probably was hugging a tree not wanting to be put out the garden... It was probably his pride of why you never hear about him ever again. He was probably angry at God, for putting him out.

You know people are gonna have to live with the decisions they lived with, and what they taught, and what they did with their time... in the end. When they are judged by God, for all the good and bad...

best to remain in christ and if people gonna think and believe contrary to what is truth thats between them and God.

I gotta try to stop wasting mine.

All the best @Eternally Grateful

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's gift of life comes every day when a person wake up.

Whether or not they are thankful to God for that life is up to them.

They may reject him, but God still calls to them - however if they dont want nothing to do with him here and in the afterlife they will stay outside of the Kingdom... JEsus was sent and died and paid for their sins, and they can have relationship by going to the cross, dying there with Christ, being buried, with Christ, and being raised with Christ. That is the power of God to salvation founded in the Gospel, that no one should be ashamed of.

That is what the bible states. God chooses to let people decide...

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. Jesus said as much but they don't believe even him. You are right. So many misunderstand because of the false doctrines in which they were indoctrinated.
Dear Patrick1966,
Yes, not only is it difficult to break someone free of their indoctrination they received in the apostate church, it is impossible for us to do it. Only Christ has the ability to do it. However, Christ does use believer's like us to teach them the truth after He has given them the ability to "see".
However, the believers who Christ makes "ready" are few in number and hard to find, especially on the forums.

Christ even said this about the power of Satan's deceptions:

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

In addition to the power of Satan's deceptions, the carnal nature even has a preference for what Satan teaches.

Luke 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

The carnal nature of mankind has a preference for contributing their own "works" toward salvation. The teaching of Free Will is its foundation and is what they use to justify why unbelievers were not saved and never will be. They never say that it was because Christ simply chose not to do His spiritual work within them at this time.

Remember that Revelation says that the Elect must "keep" the sayings of the prophecy. Have you ever experienced the teaching of Revelation chapter 10:8-11? Ezekiel chapter 3 is the key to unlocking what it teaches. It is fulfilled shortly after a believer is converted (shown in verses 6 & 7). I have experienced it many times and I'm sure you have, too.

Joe

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Patrick1966,
Yes, not only is it difficult to break someone free of their indoctrination they received in the apostate church, it is impossible for us to do it. Only Christ has the ability to do it. However, Christ does use believer's like us to teach them the truth after He has given them the ability to "see".
However, the believers who Christ makes "ready" are few in number and hard to find, especially on the forums.
Well the first thing you should do is not think you’re not a part of the apostate church. And that you have everything correct.

The pharisee thought this.. and most went to their grave thinking they were correct. When they di not know God at all

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're being rhetorical to win an argument rather than honestly engaging in discussion to advance each other's understanding.
I am just stating a fact.

You said I contradicted myself. I did not

If anyone is not honestly engaging it is you by continuing to make a statement about what I believe that is not true

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's better to stick to saying "Love God, obey his commandments, and love one another". Once one goes beyond that pride gets in the way and feelings get hurt. The aforementioned is all that really matters. Whether or not they understand God's methods is irrelevant to salvation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's better to stick to saying "Love God, obey his commandments, and love one another". Once one goes beyond that pride gets in the way and feelings get hurt. The aforementioned is all that really matters. Whether or not they understand God's methods is irrelevant to salvation.
Got to make sure we are saved first. Or we can say those things all day long they will just be words

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Patrick says that Satan will be saved so Patrick will be fine. But Satan won't be saved. So will Patrick be with Satan forever and ever?

Rev 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful