Why don’t you believe Satan has been defeated?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As significant as the destruction of Jerusalem was in 70ad, believe me, it pales into insignificance when compared to what is to take place before Christ's second coming in glory. Those texts I quoted are not to be cast aside as irrelevant to the discussion and explained away as pertaining only to Israel. Read them again. Then read again the scriptures elsewhere which state that mountains shall be vast into the sea, that plains will become chasms, that islands will disappear. Yes, the earth itself will be made new... But not yet.

You said you were not a futurist then say this?

you’re confusing. One day we will die and you’ll have your second coming it all happens individually now… I’m not sure I should take your word for anything though just as people shouldn’t take mine, @Brakelite

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe I’m going to be one a new heaven or new earth, but be in the spiritual realm with God but some people do believe they will go on and be on another new earth…

Maybe you guys are right about that I don’t wanna have a body anymore after losing this one… thank you for sharing though @Brakelite

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes your right stunnedbygrace but that was to much.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you guys are right about that I don’t wanna have a body anymore after losing this one…

5 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands. 2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing. 3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies.4 While we live in these earthly bodies, we groan and sigh, but it’s not that we want to die and get rid of these bodies that clothe us. Rather, we want to put on our new bodies so that these dying bodies will be swallowed up by life. 5 God himself has prepared us for this, and as a guarantee he has given us his Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You wrote so much I couldn’t understand I don’t need you to point out scriptures to me, just be direct, @Brakelite.
I'm sorry, but this informs me of your spiritual condition rather than my grammatical content. You prefer me to use my own words instead of scripture? Did you not read where those texts referred literally to the entire planet? Reel to and fro like a drunkard? Slain people scattered from one end of the earth to the other, and never to be buried? Think about that. 7 billion lost souls dead and decaying on the surface of the earth until they are resurrected at the end of the 1000 years. Who will be alive on earth during that time? Only Satan and his angels. Bound by circumstances of having no-one to tempt. Everyone is dead. Except for the bride who are in heaven with their Savior. They come back to the earth for they are the meek who inherit. But not until the 1000 years is up... They come back with the new Jerusalem to repopulate the earth... For ever. Then, and only then, will there be no more death, no more Satan, no more sin.

Lucifer began a rebellion based on charges of selfish mismanagement and arbitrary law making. He began a slanderous political campaign designed to take over the throne of glory. If God has already destroyed Satan before those accusations have been answered, then does not God's execution of Satan confirm his accusations that God is unjust, arbitrary, and power focused rather than love focused?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I wanna go be with God… in a spiritual body… not on a new earth with another body of flesh…

some people believe they are gonna actually have fleshly bodies again though, I don’t know how they get around what you shared there stunnedbygrace. Heavenly bodies I don’t know what that is like but I know while we are here on this earth we build up our spiritual bodies by serving God and storing things up in our spiritual treasury.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Brakelite, I don’t mind you using scripture I just don’t feel like reading all of what you shared just to make one point. I’m spiritually fine because of the Lord Jesus Christ. You just have problems with what I been saying I guess I don’t know?

Im not worried if you are concerned about me because of me just trying to get you to be direct with me. I don’t feel like reading super long post.

Aside from that Revelation is one heck of a book to study, we can’t do it here in 10 minutes and be satisfied by the result. You’re a smart person though do write a lot and I can tell.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole point of this posting was

Why don’t you believe Satan has been defeated and no one has answered me that question.

I don’t believe Satan has been defeated because I don’t believe Revelation has been completed yet it hasn’t happen.

Simple stuff you guys. Come on.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote so much I couldn’t understand I don’t need you to point out scriptures to me, just be direct, @Brakelite.

Well…he gave the whole passage but he was kind enough to bold the part he wanted to really draw your focus to, so…start there. Here it is: 33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

Does slain bodies from one end of the earth to the other end of the earth sound localized to only Jerusalem?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Because earth can stand for a certain localized area.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The whole point of this posting was

Why don’t you believe Satan has been defeated and no one has answered me that question.

I don’t believe Satan has been defeated because I don’t believe Revelation has been completed yet it hasn’t happen.

Simple stuff you guys. Come on.
Like I said I'm my last post. He had been defeated in as much as his power has been broken, and his legal entitlement to the earth now negated. But his ideas are still alive and very well, and the vast majority of people on the earth still believe them.
A. That God is to be feared.
B. That sin cannot be overcome.
C. That God's laws cannot be obeyed.
D. That God is holding back stuff that is for our good.
E. That God cannot be trusted.
F. That Satan had a better way of living and style of government. You even repeated one of Satan's own ideas. That obedience to God's laws are not required. Same lie he told Eve. Did God really say....????

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostles were waiting for the great and dreadful day of the Lord in their time, day and age. Just read Malachi. They would know all about it because they were Jewish and had the Old Testament.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Because earth can stand for a certain localized area.

“From one end of the earth to the other end of the earth” = localized only to Jerusalem? Can you give the verses that informed you on that?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said I'm my last post. He had been defeated in as much as his power has been broken, and his legal entitlement to the earth now negated. But his ideas are still alive and very well, and the vast majority of people on the earth still believe them.
A. That God is to be feared.
B. That sin cannot be overcome.
C. That God's laws cannot be obeyed.
D. That God is holding back stuff that is for our good.
E. That God cannot be trusted.
F. That Satan had a better way of living and style of government. You even repeated one of Satan's own ideas. That obedience to God's laws are not required. Same lie he told Eve. Did God really say....????

I could see that as viable. Darkness still hasn’t gone away, and never will except for those who come to the light of the world.

As I also stated before I believe darkness still exist and we wrestle with “spirit of greed”, “spirit of manipulation”, “spirit of hatred”.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The apostles were waiting for the great and dreadful day of the Lord in their time, day and age. Just read Malachi. They would know all about it because they were Jewish and had the Old Testament.
Indeed they were. And I explained fully why God hid from them the real time of His coming.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From one end of the earth to the other end of the earth = localized only to Jerusalem? Can you give the verses that informed you on that?

check Greek translation of the word earth: we didn’t have a Bible in English for a long time.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed they were. And I explained fully why God hid from them the real time of His coming.

Then why the hell did they encourage people to be watching? The times and signs that Jesus gave where not just for show. Jesus also explained this.

Matthew 24

I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass from the scene until all these things take place

Status
Not open for further replies.