Why don’t you believe Satan has been defeated?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don’t get me wrong I understand that most believe that revelation is not completed yet, but if you would consider the contents and context of that book at written to 7 churches in Asia Minor, and that things were soon to come shortly to pass, why is it most Christian churches today continue to repeat that Yeshua is still coming back today, 2000 years later?

Why is it people don’t accept it as the truth of a coming to pass for them in that area and time? Some say John wrote many years after the destruction of Jerusalem, but then why doesn’t the revelation John write say “and don’t be like those who had fallen in Jerusalem”, or why doesn’t it say this is “for a future generation”.

Do not get me wrong I love you either way even if your a futurist but think for yourself for a moment, what is your hope in?

Is it in the destruction of everything you know now that is around you for Jesus to come back and vindicate for you on your behalf when the contents and context of the Bible almost always from Genesis to About Acts maybe 5? Is dealing with the nation of Israel upon until Paul shows up and goes out to the gentiles but also writes to a Jewish audience as well?

It’s hard for me to understand why people continue to believe that Satan is still around when he was a key player while the Law was intact but the Law is gone, it was done away with, the Law was given to Jewish people not Gentiles but people act as though sometimes they need to obey the Law given from Moses to the Israelites: it is useful but only useful to bring people to Christ.

So why is you don’t believe this?

“And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:10‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Revelation 20:10

Even if Satan and his demons/fallen angels were completely and utterly destroyed, do you think the work of God in the earth would therefore be finished?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just made a statement… @stunnedbygrace.

@Brakelite - the only thing left to do is to believe and seek after God and become a child of his and love God and love others while here on earth… to share what Jesus has done for all people and that we can have peace with God and no more afterlife worries or sorrows because we know one day we will go and be with the King. The earth will remain here forever and there will never be an end to people entering the kingdom if they so desire.

Good question.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone has anymore questions I’ll try my best to answer them. No promises though. Gonna try to get some rest. Good night to all.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
if you would consider the contents and context of that book at written to 7 churches in Asia Minor
All letters were not only immediate to the 7 churches at that time, but also prophetic, 4 of those churches Jesus intimated would be there at His second coming, which Matthew, had not yet taken place. Paul, John, Peter, Jude, all wow of the second coming as yet future.
KJV Revelation 2:18, 25-26
18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

KJV Revelation 3:1
1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
(KJV 1 Thessalonians 5:2-4
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
KJV 2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.)

KJV Revelation 3:7, 10-11
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, (a final day event) to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

KJV Revelation 3:14
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
KJV Revelation 3:15-19
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

The letter to the Laodiceans is a message to the church of today. If you cannot recognize this, you are in trouble.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a good sound reason why God did not reveal the length of time until His second coming. It would be so people didn't get complacent, disillusioned, or fearful. A good analogy for this is to be found in the purposes of Christopher Columbus.
Montgomery, in his American History,2 edition of 1902, pages 8, 9, speaking of the theory that moved Columbus to start out on his voyage, and the carrying out of his plan of reaching the East Indies by sailing west, says:— “Columbus thought that he could improve on the King of Portugal’s project. He felt certain that there was a shorter and better way of reaching the Indies than the track Diaz had marked out. The plan of the Genoese sailor [Columbus] was as daring as it was original. Instead of sailing east, or south and east, he proposed to sail directly west. He had, as he believed, three good and solid reasons for such an undertaking: First, in common with the best geographies of his day, Columbus was convinced that the earth was not flat, as most men supposed, but a globe. Secondly, he supposed this globe to be much smaller than it is, and the greater part to be land instead of water. Thirdly, as he knew nothing, and surmised nothing, of the existence of the continent of America or of the Pacific Ocean, he imagined that the coast of Asia or the Indies was directly opposite Spain and the western coast of Europe. The entire distance across to Cipango, or Japan, he estimated would probably not exceed about four thousand miles. “His plan was this: He would start from Europe; head his ship westward toward Japan, and follow the curve of the globe until it brought him to what he sought. To his mind it seemed as sure and simple as for a fly to walk around an apple. “If successful in the expedition, he would have this immense advantage: He would enter the Indies directly by the front door, instead of reaching them in a roundabout way, and by a sort of side-entrance, as the Portuguese must. “We see that this man, who understood practical mathematics, geography, and navigation as well as any one of his day, was right on the first point,—the shape of the earth,—but utterly wrong on the other two. It was a fortunate mistake. “Yet, singularly enough, his errors were in one respect a help to him. The mistake that he made in regard to the distance was a most fortunate one. Had Columbus correctly reckoned the size of the globe, and the true length of such a voyage, he probably would not have sailed, since he would have seen at once that the proposed Portuguese route was both far shorter and cheaper. Again, could he have imagined or in any way foreseen that the American continent lay right across his path, that, in itself, might not then have induced him to start on a voyage of discovery, for his object was not to find a new country, but a new way to an old one.”

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If anyone has anymore questions I’ll try my best to answer them. No promises though. Gonna try to get some rest. Good night to all.

But your op was asking questions as if you wanted us to give an answer for our hope and our looking forward to His coming again. So I answered about this hope. But what you wanted instead was questions you would try your best to answer…?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All letters were not only immediate to the 7 churches at that time, but also prophetic, 4 of those churches Jesus intimated would be there at His second coming, which Matthew, had not yet taken place. Paul, John, Peter, Jude, all wow of the second coming as yet future.
KJV Revelation 2:18, 25-26
18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

KJV Revelation 3:1
1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
(KJV 1 Thessalonians 5:2-4
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
KJV 2 Peter 3:10
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.)

KJV Revelation 3:7, 10-11
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, (a final day event) to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

KJV Revelation 3:14
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
KJV Revelation 3:15-19
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

The letter to the Laodiceans is a message to the church of today. If you cannot recognize this, you are in trouble.

I don’t understand what your saying, nor believe what you are saying at all.

All the Bible contents are structured in such a way as to being for them then.

Not to say there is not some spiritual applications we can find through out the letters, however the thing is… it all has to be kept in context. So all the passage you find that deal with Jesus was since he prophecied about his coming again, which would be for…

That generation then, (40 years worth of time).

To get out of that context then I believe it would only leave futurism viable which you are free to believe if you desire. It doesn’t matter to me what people believe, I’m just sharing what is noticed in the first post.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But your op was asking questions as if you wanted us to give an answer for our hope and our looking forward to His coming again. So I answered about this hope. But what you wanted instead was questions you would try your best to answer…?

You may participate and say as you please, it’s up to you.

All are welcome.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a good sound reason why God did not reveal the length of time until His second coming. It would be so people didn't get complacent, disillusioned, or fearful. A good analogy for this is to be found in the purposes of Christopher Columbus.
Montgomery, in his American History,2 edition of 1902, pages 8, 9, speaking of the theory that moved Columbus to start out on his voyage, and the carrying out of his plan of reaching the East Indies by sailing west, says:— “Columbus thought that he could improve on the King of Portugal’s project. He felt certain that there was a shorter and better way of reaching the Indies than the track Diaz had marked out. The plan of the Genoese sailor [Columbus] was as daring as it was original. Instead of sailing east, or south and east, he proposed to sail directly west. He had, as he believed, three good and solid reasons for such an undertaking: First, in common with the best geographies of his day, Columbus was convinced that the earth was not flat, as most men supposed, but a globe. Secondly, he supposed this globe to be much smaller than it is, and the greater part to be land instead of water. Thirdly, as he knew nothing, and surmised nothing, of the existence of the continent of America or of the Pacific Ocean, he imagined that the coast of Asia or the Indies was directly opposite Spain and the western coast of Europe. The entire distance across to Cipango, or Japan, he estimated would probably not exceed about four thousand miles. “His plan was this: He would start from Europe; head his ship westward toward Japan, and follow the curve of the globe until it brought him to what he sought. To his mind it seemed as sure and simple as for a fly to walk around an apple. “If successful in the expedition, he would have this immense advantage: He would enter the Indies directly by the front door, instead of reaching them in a roundabout way, and by a sort of side-entrance, as the Portuguese must. “We see that this man, who understood practical mathematics, geography, and navigation as well as any one of his day, was right on the first point,—the shape of the earth,—but utterly wrong on the other two. It was a fortunate mistake. “Yet, singularly enough, his errors were in one respect a help to him. The mistake that he made in regard to the distance was a most fortunate one. Had Columbus correctly reckoned the size of the globe, and the true length of such a voyage, he probably would not have sailed, since he would have seen at once that the proposed Portuguese route was both far shorter and cheaper. Again, could he have imagined or in any way foreseen that the American continent lay right across his path, that, in itself, might not then have induced him to start on a voyage of discovery, for his object was not to find a new country, but a new way to an old one.”

This doesn’t have anything to do with the original post. But thank you for sharing.

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Revelation, Jesus defeats Satan and locks him in a pit for a thousand years. During that thousand years, Jesus rules and peace is on Earth. Then Satan is released from the pit along with his beast. Satan scourges the planet for 42 months. Most people die. Then Jesus throws Satan into the lake of fire and destroys the world. Since we have not had the millennial peace I assume Satan is still loose and on the prowl.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the past 2000 years Hell and Jesus coming back has been a fear tactic for some people on churches to keep people coming back to church… waiting for his return when he came for the church bride of that day in Age…

If one could get past these church traditions and see the word for what it is saying, and seek out historical evidence by internal evidences and see that Jesus did come back already for the bride the 144,000 of the twelves tribes, and understand that Jesus has overcame all things they wouldn’t live in fear anymore.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The earth will remain here forever and there will never be an end to people entering the kingdom if they so desire.
KJV Isaiah 2:12, 17-21
12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
KJV Isaiah 24:16-23
16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.
17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.
18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
KJV Jeremiah 4:23-28
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
KJV Jeremiah 25:17-33
17 Then took I the cup at the LORD'S hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:
18 To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;
19 Pharaoh king of Egypt, and his servants, and his princes, and all his people;
20 And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,
21 Edom, and Moab, and the children of Ammon,
22 And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea,
23 Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners,
24 And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mingled people that dwell in the desert,
25 And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,
26 And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth: and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.
27 Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.
28 And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.
29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.
30 Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.
31 A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.
32 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KJV Isaiah 2:12, 17-21
12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
17 And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day.
18 And the idols he shall utterly abolish.
19 And they shall go into the holes of the rocks, and into the caves of the earth, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
20 In that day a man shall cast his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which they made each one for himself to worship, to the moles and to the bats;
21 To go into the clefts of the rocks, and into the tops of the ragged rocks, for fear of the LORD, and for the glory of his majesty, when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.
KJV Isaiah 24:16-23
16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.
17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.
18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
KJV Jeremiah 4:23-28
23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
KJV Jeremiah 25:17-33
17 Then took I the cup at the LORD'S hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me:
18 To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;
19 Pharaoh king of Egypt, and his servants, and his princes, and all his people;
20 And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,
21 Edom, and Moab, and the children of Ammon,
22 And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea,
23 Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners,
24 And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mingled people that dwell in the desert,
25 And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,
26 And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth: and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.
27 Therefore thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.
28 And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thine hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.
29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.
30 Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.
31 A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.
32 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth.
33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.

Using scripture like this doesn’t prove any point. Just use your words.

The Jewish culture understood their earth and heaven, and the earth and heaven were made new once the destruction of Jerusalem came and all of their history was wiped away in 70Ad.

Their heaven and earth where destroyed to allow the new heaven and earth which is the new convenient came into play.

People who believe the earth is gonna be wiped away may not understand they had their heaven and earth they understood. It was wiped away at the destruction of Jerusalem.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV Daniel 2:45
45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
@MatthewG
When did the above take place? And you didn't answer my question as to whether God's work is finished seeing supposedly Satan and his angels are no more. Who is deceiving you for example that you cannot see, understand, or believe what I was saying regarding the letters to the churches? And by the way. I am no futurist.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did answer your question.

I believe everything falls back to revelation, and the destruction of Jerusalem….

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wrote so much I couldn’t understand I don’t need you to point out scriptures to me, just be direct, @Brakelite.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Using scripture like this doesn’t prove any point. Just use your words.

The Jewish culture understood their earth and heaven, and the earth and heaven were made new once the destruction of Jerusalem came and all of their history was wiped away in 70Ad.

Their heaven and earth where destroyed to allow the new heaven and earth which is the new convenient came into play.

People who believe the earth is gonna be wiped away may not understand they had their heaven and earth they understood. It was wiped away at the destruction of Jerusalem.
As significant as the destruction of Jerusalem was in 70ad, believe me, it pales into insignificance when compared to what is to take place before Christ's second coming in glory. Those texts I quoted are not to be cast aside as irrelevant to the discussion and explained away as pertaining only to Israel. Read them again. Then read again the scriptures elsewhere which state that mountains shall be cast into the sea, that plains will become chasms, that islands will disappear. Yes, the earth itself will be made new... But not yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.