Why I am leaving this forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joshua David

Feb 10, 2011
You know, I get so sick and tired of people claiming that because I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, that I will run out and fall down and worship the Antichrist, and that unless I embrace the belief that Jesus is a sick and perverted wife-beater, who relishes the thought of allowing his bride to suffer under the hand of the Antichrist that I am going to take the Mark the first chance I get.

Rev 13:7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

I have to believe that the Saints in Revelation are the Church, and that they will be overcome. To me this is the same as a man taking his wife, you know the one who he claims to love and cherish, that he takes his wife to this other man to let him beat her. And what is the reason? Oh that's right, it is because she needs to be purified. Gotcha. Now according to some of the people on this forum, if we dare to suggest that we don't agree with this version of Jesus, then we will be so misguided that we will run out and not only worship the Antichrist, but we will be first in line to take his Mark, and spend eternity in Hell.

Now, let's forget about the fact that I believe that when Jesus catches us away, I firmly believe that he is going to carry us to Heaven, so anyone who is on the earth, and claims to be Jesus Christ, I would immediately disregard as a false prophet. Let's not mention the fact that Scriptures are very, very clear about what will happen when Jesus does physically return to the earth, it will only be after the Tribulation, he will touch down on the Mount of olives, which will split along a fault located there with one half going one way and the other half going the other. Let's totally disregard the fact that the scriptures are very clear about what the AC will do, how he will treat the world governments, and the Tribulation Saints, and what events are surrounding Jesus' second coming.

If we are wrong then, we are going to totally throw out all of the study that we have done about Jesus' coming and about the Antichrist, and totally fall for the AC's lie, hook, line, and sinker. This is perhaps the most idiotic and childish thing that could have been said. This is even more offensive then the people who claim that we are going to be so heartbroken that we were wrong about the pretribuation rapture, we are going to run out and take the mark the first chance we get.

You know there is a real difference between defending your stance on a topic, as in a post tribulation rapture, and constantly attacking another person's stance. I really do not have a problem with a person standing up and defending what they believe to be true. I really don't have a problem with a person starting a thread and stating why they believe the way they do. I really don't. But I am sick, sick, SICK of constantly coming on here and seeing post, after post, after post, after post, after post, after post attacking the position of the pretribulation rapture, posts that question the dedication of people who believe in the pretribulation rapture, posts that question the Salvation of people who believe in the pretribulation rapture, posts that question the intelligence of people who believe in the pretribulation rapture, posts that question the love of God of people who believe in the pretribulation rapture, posts that imply or state out right that people who believe in the pretribulation rapture are demon possessed and are serving the devil.

The problem here is that there is a fundamental lack of respect when it comes to the pretribulation rapture. Notice I did not say lack of agreement, I said lack of respect. There is a lack of respect for the position, which is bad enough, but there is also a vast lack of respect for the people, your brothers and sisters, who hold that position. And this is something that I just can't take anymore.

Now you may ask, "IF the pretribulation position is wrong, then why do I have to respect it?" I will tell you. Because it is the only way to have meaningful discussion on the topic. I try very very hard to be respectful to other people, even if, and especially if, I disagree with them. I am not here claiming that I am always successful. But, I try very hard to always make the attempt. I will say, "Well I disagree with you about that, and this is why", which is totally different than, "You are wrong, and will take the Mark and you will go to Hell and be damned for all eternity." Am I the only one who notices this fact? Or is it that since most of the people on this site believe in the posttribulation rapture, that the people who believe in the pretribulation rapture are fair game? Is that it?

There have been other boards on the internet that I have joined that have been pre-tribulational. I left them because they were not respectful of people who believed in a post tribulational rapture. I defended the post tribulationist so much, that most of them didn't really know what I believed.

In closing, let me say that I do not consider myself anything but a student of the Word. I know that the only thing that I know for sure is that I don't know it all, and if you truly feel that I am wrong in my interpretation, then all I can ask you to do is to pray for me. I wish you all God's blessing. Know that I will not stop studying, I will not stop learning.

Good luck

Your brother in Christ,

Joshua David

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006

... "You are wrong, and will take the Mark and you will go to Hell and be damned for all eternity."

Bye! You are the one that said, "you will go to Hell and be damned for all eternity" not us. You cannot show one place where I ever said that.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I tend to agree with the leading post for this thread, except that I've been accused of being back slid or non-Christian because I think the pre-trib rapture assertion is escapist rubbish.

Why leave the site when there are so many other subjects to discuss and share?

The main problem with rapturists is that for them the entire gospel pivots upon this illogical doctrine.

Whatever happened to the sacrifical death and RESURRECTION of Christ Jesus?

Is it not more important to focus on the deliverance provided by Jesus Christ than pointless wishful hopes for an evacuation by Star Trek's Enterprise crew?

I and many others have been through some hard times in life. I hereby testify as to the help I've received IN and THROUGH troubles by Christ. Never did see Capt. Kirk anywhere in there.

"Beam me up, Scotty things are getting sticky down here". Nonsense. Absolute childish nonsense.

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
I think it is important to cool off when things get heated like they were between you and Veteran. Usually you two are pretty level headed but I saw things get kinda out of hand and I only heard pre-trib/no rapture for a while. I sometimes need to take some time off and evaluate what direction my conversations are going with people on the board. After a certain point the agenda can turn from discussion to bashing or simply trying not to be bashed.

Our love is tested when we talk about issues we care about, but there comes a point when we have to choose "Would I rather die for the idea/belief I am discussing or the individual I am discussing it with?" Kind of a perspective leap, but there are only a few core beliefs I hold onto with everything that I would die for before someone else, and doing so could save that someone else. So I will defend the identity of Christ in me and His work, but as soon as I lose sight of love, I am no longer a defender but an offender of truth.

Would we rather be known for defending to the death the rapture (and differing views) or the love Christ lived and died for that will last much longer than the end of time?

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I think with any Christian forum, you will have disagreements because some doctrines can be interpreted differently. Now, there are some doctrines I believe are pretty clear-cut because the bible states them plainly, without symbolism, without parable and without allegory. In that case, there are a few essentials to the faith that are not negotiable and to do so is to make something literal into allegory. In that case, one can make the bible say anything they want when they simply reinterpret the passage to fit their subjective notions. But when the rest of the doctrines are open to interpretation, then one has to ask himself if the forum he is on tends to agree or disagree more with what he believes and is trying to say. I agree that if anything that is stated is fired upon, then it may be time to move on. How much one can tolerate disagreements is up to them.

As for the rapture, I never found such a topic that causes more controversy and division in the church. For that reason, I never stated my position too often, and even when I did, I was not too dogmatic about it. I realize that all the viewpoints and arguments have validity and this is one of those issues that for me makes about as much sense as if we should debate if the bus will arrive at 4 o'clock or later at 6 o'clock ---- but the thing is it will come and just be ready. If the bus arrives before the storm, great, but if it starts raining until it comes, then take shelter. Simple as that.

Now that I was pretty nice about the whole thing, I'm going to make just a tad of a poke. I don't know who all is involved, and it's not for me to even care, but based on a lot of what I read here and what people say, many (but not all) of the posters I suspect follows after a certain preacher sitting behind an impressive desk and calls his critics yo-yo's--- and that goes for rapture doctrine as well. Yet the man has no regard of something plainly stated in scripture, that of the Hebrew calendar. He invents his own and thus keeps the feasts at the wrong times which is very dangerous. The Lord made it simple: The year started if the new moon was visible and the barley was ready. Genesis says the sun, moon and stars were created for the signs and seasons --- all were to be used, not just a solar calendar which is Baal worship. So, how can he teach such a thing? Simple. He teaches the children of Israel were children of light and therefore if one is of the light and not darkness, it "stands to reason" that they would only like the sun and disregard the moon of the night. This is a primary example of what I stated earlier two paragraphs up where something plainly stated is being turned into symbolism and thus "one can make the bible say anything they want" to fit their severe delusion.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JoshuaDavid...

I believe in seven church ages

I am Charismatic (Laodicean)... I do like the contemporary worship and Joel Ostee
I am Pentecostal (Philadelphian)... I believe that the Holy Spirit dwells in Chrisitian's hearts at different degrees.... Some not at all... To others they are drunk in it.
I am Sardisean (Protestant).... I like studying the reformation
I am Thyatirean (Catholic)... I like the way the Catholics do up their rituals.
I am a dispensationalist.... I believe that we are in the time of the black horseman / Laodicean church age.
I am post trib.... I believe that when the anti-Christ makes his scene... We are out of here! - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Now where am I going to find a board that holds all of these beliefs as true?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
….

As for the rapture, I never found such a topic that causes more controversy and division in the church. For that reason, I never stated my position too often, and even when I did, I was not too dogmatic about it. I realize that all the viewpoints and arguments have validity and this is one of those issues that for me makes about as much sense as if we should debate if the bus will arrive at 4 o'clock or later at 6 o'clock ....

The problem with your analogy of the “4 o'clock or later at 6 o'clock” bus is that they are not the same bus but two different buses. The 6 o’clock bus is the one we want but some will have gotten on the 4 o’clock bus.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The problem with your analogy of the “4 o'clock or later at 6 o'clock” bus is that they are not the same bus but two different buses. The 6 o’clock bus is the one we want but some will have gotten on the 4 o’clock bus.

... the tender mercies of the yankees are cruel. - Proverbs 12:10

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry JD you seem like a nice person

nothing personal but the reason its never solved and it never will be is because it just simply is not written it never was...

There is no secret coming there is only a gathering to the Lord when he returns once ...You have decided it punishment for his bride....
God never says that its punishment its a refining yes.
It's the very idea of a Rapture that keeps most from learning about our gathering.

All wisdom comes from God not man and when one blinds himself with a teaching of men he is blinded to Gods wisdom.

Its called Rapture Theroy because a theroy can never be proved only implied ...That is the problem you nor anyone has been able to prove it ....Only imply it but God never says it .... Christ never taught it ...

The problem I see is no wants to study the gathering to our Lord and what God says about it ,,,

They only to read half truths and implied facts and that I find very sad. Because God does tell us about this gathering.

I dont think I ever spoke much about Rapture to you but Im sure it would have solved nothing had I done so.

Here is a large mainline church that speaks to this very subject if you are interested.
http://www.worldtoco...#!Item=558779,1

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
JD's point is that many of those here who disagree with his belief in the Pre-Tribulation rapture didn't treat him as a brother.

The attacks on those who believe the Pre-Tribulation have not been kind and do not reflect well on the body of believers.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I am post trib.... I believe that when the anti-Christ makes his scene... We are out of here! - 2 Thessalonians 2:3

Now where am I going to find a board that holds all of these beliefs as true?

You really mean you are Pre-trib, right?

Belief that our gathering to Christ is when the Antichrist arrives is the Pre-trib doctrine, not a Post-trib doctrine. Study to show thyself approved of God.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You really mean you are Pre-trib, right?

Belief that our gathering to Christ is when the Antichrist arrives is the Pre-trib doctrine, not a Post-trib doctrine. Study to show thyself approved of God.

Pre-Trib! Yes! My goodness! I try to live my life everyday awaiting the sound of the trumpet. With that said I did a video supporting Isaac Newtons 2060 AD end date as close...

If God wanted us to know exact timelines he would have gave us more scripturally... I say there! As long as we don't deny the resurrection all together I think we should have a respect of opinions here.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi JD!

I'm really sorry to hear that you are leaving this forum dear brother and you are right...not everyone is kind when it comes to other peoples beliefs. I have my own opinion on this subject and have found [as you have] in my search for a well balanced Christian forum....more who believe in the pre-trib doctrine than they do in post or no trib. I have encountered these same attacks with pre-tribbers on other forums and find it refreshing to find even a handful who believe what I do. When it comes down to it, it really does not matter what I or others believe regarding endtime eschatology because we will soon find out the truth of these matters. In the end...what is important is that we love one another which is the true mark of a believer...[John 13:34] :)

Blessings dear friend and much love!

Shalom
!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
...Here is a large mainline church that speaks to this very subject if you are interested.
http://www.worldtoco...#!Item=558779,1

Just so everyone knows David C. Pack of The Restored Church of God "is committed to preserving and teaching all the truths that Herbert W. Armstrong and the Worldwide Church of God taught!" (from: http://www.thercg.org/hwa.html#c ). Some of his stuff is good; some of it isn't so you must discern.

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
JD...you know how I fell about disagreements....I love you with every breath, will miss reading your post and knowing that disagreements and strong statements cause you to leave just breaks my heart...You know we all can not be right about God's Word, but we all can be wrong....Lifting you to the Father and wishing you all the best....live each day as our last day on earth and looking forward to meeting you when we gather with the Lord....LOVE YOU JD.........:(

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I will certainly miss reading your posts. I have not agreed with everything you believe, but we are brothers in Christ. Before you go, I just want to let you know that I appreciate the clarity, fair-minded, reasonable and loving manner in which you communicate. Also, I understand your frustration, I felt the same way about 6 months ago. If you change your mind, you are certainly welcome here!

Blessings

avoice

May 17, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know the thing that bothers me about this is most non beilvers of Pre trib Rature didnt wake up one day and decide well Im not going to believe in a Pre Trib Rapture ....

Every one I know that doesnt belive it, are good bible students who search the word ..and when you approach the Word as God told us to no preconceived ideas, as a child and just learn from Him ...

There just is no Pre Trib Rapture written at all in scripture no secret coming ....its just not there no big conspiracy or Non Rapture cults or religions its just not there ....

So Non Rapture believers have no reason to argue about what doesnt exist .... Its the believers in a Pre Trib Rature that start all the arguments by claiming something is there thats not ...then they get upset because non beievers wont listen to what isnt written ....its not an argument of beliefs ....

Its an argument of what is in the Bible and what isnt ....

If someone came on this site and said Christ was shot and thats how he died
we would all be screaming thats not written and be putting up scripture to prove otherwise.

Its the same with Pre Trib Rapture it is not written in fact no one has ever claimed it is ... Not even those who teach it Its implied ..only if you heard the doctrine before you read the scriptures ....

one can never learn Pre Trib Rapture from just reading the Word alone ....you must first hear it from men
Which is why its mainly an American doctrine and was never taught before 1830.

What is said is that we gather to the Lord and God tells us when this is but its not befrore the tribulation

but men then take verse's out of context to say look this could imply a Pre Trib Rapture and you get upset when we put it into context and try to show thats not whats said .....

As brothers and sisters in Christ we are to use the Word to correct wrong doctrine ..If its not written its wrong.
If its only implied its not written. This isnt a diiferance of understanding in a doctrine, like Hell or baptism or any other thing we debate thats written ..Its a debate over implied theroy vs not written in the Word.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know the thing that bothers me about this is most non beilvers of Pre trib Rature didnt wake up one day and decide well Im not going to believe in a Pre Trib Rapture ....

Every one I know that doesnt belive it, are good bible students who search the word ..and when you approach the Word as God told us to no preconceived ideas, as a child and just learn from Him ...

There just is no Pre Trib Rapture written at all in scripture no secret coming ....its just not there no big conspiracy or Non Rapture cults or religions its just not there ....

So Non Rapture believers have no reason to argue about what doesnt exist .... Its the believers in a Pre Trib Rature that start all the arguments by claiming something is there thats not ...then they get upset because non beievers wont listen to what isnt written ....its not an argument of beliefs ....

Its an argument of what is in the Bible and what isnt ....

If someone came on this site and said Christ was shot and thats how he died
we would all be screaming thats not written and be putting up scripture to prove otherwise.

Its the same with Pre Trib Rapture it is not written in fact no one has ever claimed it is ... Not even those who teach it Its implied ..only if you heard the doctrine before you read the scriptures ....

one can never learn Pre Trib Rapture from just reading the Word alone ....you must first hear it from men
Which is why its mainly an American doctrine and was never taught before 1830.

What is said is that we gather to the Lord and God tells us when this is but its not befrore the tribulation

but men then take verse's out of context to say look this could imply a Pre Trib Rapture and you get upset when we put it into context and try to show thats not whats said .....

As brothers and sisters in Christ we are to use the Word to correct wrong doctrine ..If its not written its wrong.
If its only implied its not written. This isnt a diiferance of understanding in a doctrine, like Hell or baptism or any other thing we debate thats written ..Its a debate over implied theroy vs not written in the Word.

Great post. This is such a non-issue! Disagreement is certainly not grounds for criticizing brothers and sisters in Christ.

Everyone should just take a break from this topic and get back to issues that matter like how many angels can fit on the head of a pin......

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought up Baptist and then switched to Pentecostal after the Holy Spirit came into my heart. The thing that the Baptist and the Pentecostals have in common is that they believe in the pre-trib rapture. Which I still hold on to. The bible says that it will happen in the times like Noah when everyone will be about their everyday routines. If this happened at the end of Revelations Seven trumpets how would there be ordinary routines after reading about the Antichrist, seven seals, and then seven trumpets? After the seventh trumpet we will return with Christ to live a 1,000 years.

How... Pray tell... Could we return with Christ if we weren't first raptured away to begin with?

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I was brought up Baptist and then switched to Pentecostal after the Holy Spirit came into my heart. The thing that the Baptist and the Pentecostals have in common is that they believe in the pre-trib rapture. Which I still hold on to. The bible says that it will happen in the times like Noah when everyone will be about their everyday routines. If this happened at the end of Revelations Seven trumpets how would there be ordinary routines after reading about the Antichrist, seven seals, and then seven trumpets? After the seventh trumpet we will return with Christ to live a 1,000 years.

How... Pray tell... Could we return with Christ if we weren't first raptured away to begin with?

Do you ever read our posts, rock, we've answered that question several times. Read the posts!