Why I believe in the rapture.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
FALSE.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Sure they are: Rev 20:4-5, - ONLY the Trib martyrs will be resurrected when Jesus Returns.
The rest of the dead must wait for another 1000 years

I don't need to highlight this statement, it is clear and undeniable.
Any other fanciful notions, like 'glorified bodies' in the Millennium, are false and will not happen.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but you are confusing tribulation with wrath.

Hello CL, as this is the first interaction with you is there a name you prefer me using?

Actually, I am not confusing the two, I personally am "pre-wrath" in my eschatology and this is a fundamental distinction we make.... When does the Wrath of God Begin. For me the tribulation began when Christ ascended to heaven and the lamb was found worthy to open the seals, the fifth seal being A number of those who are to be martyred for the faith which will be completed when the Antichrist make's war on the saints and overcomes them....Aka the wrath of Satan. You see, every saint that is martyred is another soldier in the army of the LORD! (Can I get an Amen!)

John Himself in revelation clearly states he is "companion in tribulation".... This is the thing Most prophecy scholars are missing, or are mistaken on. Read Revelation 5 carefully, notice how at first no one was found worthy to open the seals, until the Lamb of God arrived.... this is a direct reference to the ascension of Christ, 10 days later we had Pentecost, and Seals began to be opened, and the stoning of Stephen marked the opening of the fifth seal, and all five continue to this day, only now these pangs are increasing, increasing in intensity, etc.

I actually agree with you on the church ages from what I have read in your comments here. Thyatira is the RCC, Sardis is Protestantism, Philadelphia is Fundamentalism/ Methosism, and Laodicea is Pentecostalism/holiness. We are living in the final age, the age of Laodicea, and though all the previous churches exist throughout the world, the post modern church is the "spirit of the age". In other words we are all in need of the instruction found in that letter to overcome, for this is the age of the seduction of Christianity not the persecution, and the mark of the beast is seduction more so than a persecution.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure they are: Rev 20:4-5, - ONLY the Trib martyrs will be resurrected when Jesus Returns.

Read my comment above, the tribulation began in the first century, when Christ ascended, as found in Revelation 5:1-5, with particular attention to verse 5. Then Revelation 1:9 where John says he is a fellow companion in tribulation.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Read my comment above, the tribulation began in the first century
The trials and tribulations of Christians are not the same as "the Tribulation". Which will be a unique event in world history. So you are rather confused.

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Dan 12:1)

The world is approach this period sooner than expected.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The thing that bothers me about your view is that you are making Christianity out to be a death cult, saying you have to die in order to live in the millennium. Paul says those who are alive and remain will be transformed, which clearly speaks of putting on the Spiritual body. (1 Corinthians 15:50-52)

The trials and tribulations of Christians are not the same as "the Tribulation". Which will be a unique event in world history. So you are rather confused.

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. (Dan 12:1)

The world is approach this period sooner than expected.

Actually I am not confused, I meant what I said, and John agrees with me as found in Revelation 1:9. Daniel 12:1 is speaking of the GREAT tribulation..... For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (Matthew 24:21)

Notice the Similarity of the severity of this time in the two verses, and this is The wrath of Satan, who knows his time is short, and he makes war on the saints and overcomes them..... no protection for the saints, Which will be a rapid acceleration of the army of the LORD.

You see when you study revelation carefully, you will see that there is a distinct time when repentance is found no more in mankind, and up until that point the purpose of tribulation is to lead to repentance. When the wrath of God begins is when the rapture occurs.

I am well aware of Your eschatology as I was Brought up under those teachings, But these are details the Holy Ghost has shown me in my studies. I do not condemn anyone who views eshatology the way you do, Nor do i see it as an essential of the faith, and I believe God has purposely concealed (sealed up) this understanding so as to confuse the adversary of His Plans.... Just remember God is in control despite the Devil's best efforts to hinder the church....!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of Questions when the rapture will take place, But the main reason i believe there will be a rapture is that this is how God has acted in the past.

The righteous chosen ones have never been allowed to see the wrath of God.
Noah was sealed in an ark, Lot and His family were told not to look back. Israel and their families were protected by the passover blood, and we as the church are made righteous by the blood of the lamb of God will be protected.

Whether this rapture is as they show in movies or some other form of protection I do not think Scripture is clear, but I do know the church, the saints will not witness the Wrath of God.... The wrath of Satan and the wrath of the lamb are two different things all together.

National Israel on the other hand will witness the wrath of God, and drink of the cup of the wrath of God till they are drunk and then be spared.

The mid trib rapture is pre mark, pre wrath, and premillennial.

Paul tells us when the rapture occurs: after the AOD and the son of perdition is revealed.

That’s mid trib, in the middle of Daniels 70th week.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The thing that bothers me about your view is that you are making Christianity out to be a death cult, saying you have to die in order to live in the millennium. Paul says those who are alive and remain will be transformed, which clearly speaks of putting on the Spiritual body. (1 Corinthians 15:50-52)
You have read me quite wrongly.
Only the living will go into the Millennium. Which includes the Trib Martyrs who will be brought back to life. Mortal life, that si; but their second death will not affect their eventual immortality. Revelation 29:6

You use of 1 Cor 15:30-56 is a mistake. That prophecy is about what happens at the Great White Throne Judgment; AFTER the Millennium.
Proved by how Death will be no more then, Revelation 21:4

Reactions: Helen

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

End of the age of the gentiles, yes.

Actually I am not confused, I meant what I said, and John agrees with me as found in Revelation 1:9. Daniel 12:1 is speaking of the GREAT tribulation..... For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. (Matthew 24:21)

Notice the Similarity of the severity of this time in the two verses, and this is The wrath of Satan, who knows his time is short, and he makes war on the saints and overcomes them..... no protection for the saints, Which will be a rapid acceleration of the army of the LORD.

You see when you study revelation carefully, you will see that there is a distinct time when repentance is found no more in mankind, and up until that point the purpose of tribulation is to lead to repentance. When the wrath of God begins is when the rapture occurs.

I am well aware of Your eschatology as I was Brought up under those teachings, But these are details the Holy Ghost has shown me in my studies. I do not condemn anyone who views eshatology the way you do, Nor do i see it as an essential of the faith, and I believe God has purposely concealed (sealed up) this understanding so as to confuse the adversary of His Plans.... Just remember God is in control despite the Devil's best efforts to hinder the church....!
Since the Millennium is clearly revealed in Revelation 20, you are the one who is FALSELY CLAIMING that there is no Millennium. Therefore you have identified yourself as a false teacher by denying what the Bible affirms.

BEWARE OF FALSE TEACHERS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS ARE WARNED ABOUT.

FALSE.
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Jesus is the firstfruits of the first resurrection, this resurrection is ongoing until Jesus comes again, when those souls will receive their heavenly bodies, and rule and reign with Christ a thousand years. That is why "THEY" are blessed.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (1 Corinthians 15:23)

You’re actually very right, that’s what it SAYS, and it gets ignored because it’s very inconvenient to the consensus eschatology.
I have long been aware of the fact that the martyrs- which also have the highest reward in heaven, BTW - are the only ones resurrected, as a first fruits rapture,at the start of the millennium - and,as it clearly says: the rest of the dead wait a thousand years.
I’ve just had that on the eschatology back burner, for quite a while.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thess. 4: 'The dead in Christ shall rise first...'

Show me where that says that particular rapture and resurrection occurs at the start of the millennium.

I’ll wait.

Show me where it says there can’t be a first fruits resurrection at the start of the millennium, before the one in 1 Corinthians 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4.

Do you understand what the term FIRST FRUITS means?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Show me where that says that particular rapture and resurrection occurs at the start of the millennium.

I’ll wait.

Show me where it says there can’t be a first fruits resurrection at the start of the millennium, before the one in 1 Corinthians 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4.

Do you understand what the term FIRST FRUITS means?
"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept." (1 Corinthians 15.20)

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4.16-18)

@Curtis, Sir; I'm not sure where you are coming from in your doctrine, but I'll stick to what those quoted passages say, anyway, thank-you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply wrong.
The First Resurrection was Jesus, When He Returns from heaven, He will bring the souls of the Trib martyrs with Him. They will be brought back to life.
The rest of the dead await the GWT Judgment, after the Millennium. Revelation 20:5-15

Here is where you go right off the rails.
When does Jesus get final and total control? AFTER the last attack, as described in Revelation 20:7-10
THEN; all the people who have ever lived will be raised to stand before God on His Great White Throne.
There is one time of resurrection for all, this takes place on the (Last Day) at the Second Coming of Jesus Christ

There are (Two) resurrections on this (Last Day) the righteous are blessed to be in the (First Resurrection) to eternal life, on such the (Second) death resurrection has no power.

1.) (First) Resurrection To Life
2.) (Second) Resurrection To Damnation, The Second Death

Revelation 20:6KJV

The (Last Day) Resurrection Of All Below

John 5:28-29KJV
28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth;
they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:39-40KJV
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:21-24KJV
21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

The (Last Day) Judgement

John 12:48KJV
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and,as it clearly says: the rest of the dead wait a thousand years.
I’ve just had that on the eschatology back burner, for quite a while.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. (1 Corinthians 15:23)

Are the dead in Christ not In the possession of Christ now? Is the second coming of Christ something that happens at the end of the millennium? No, Christ comes to rule before the millennium, which is the second coming.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply wrong.
The First Resurrection was Jesus, When He Returns from heaven, He will bring the souls of the Trib martyrs with Him. They will be brought back to life.
The rest of the dead await the GWT Judgment, after the Millennium. Revelation 20:5-15

Here is where you go right off the rails.
When does Jesus get final and total control? AFTER the last attack, as described in Revelation 20:7-10
THEN; all the people who have ever lived will be raised to stand before God on His Great White Throne.
When Jesus Christ Returns It Will Be (The End) Not The Start Of A Millennial Kingdom On Earth

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

(Death Is Swallowed Up In Victory)

1 Corinthians 15:21-26 & 51-54KJV
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end,
when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are the dead in Christ not In the possession of Christ now? Is the second coming of Christ something that happens at the end of the millennium? No, Christ comes to rule before the millennium, which is the second coming.
Amen, 100% Correct!

When Jesus Christ Returns It Will Be (The End) Not The Start Of A Millennial Kingdom On Earth

As scripture clearly teaches below in 1 Corinthinas 15:23-24 , when Jesus Christ returns then comes (The End)

Many disregard (Then Cometh The End) as they desire to see a mortal Millennial Kingdom on earth, after the coming of Jesus Christ

afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, not a Millennial Kingdom on this earth as many falsely claim

(Then Cometh The End)

24 Then cometh the end,

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You’ll have take that up with God, i would say, because Revelation says only the martyrs out of the tribulation rule with Jesus for the thousand years.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept." (1 Corinthians 15.20)

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4.16-18)

@Curtis, Sir; I'm not sure where you are coming from in your doctrine, but I'll stick to what those quoted passages say, anyway, thank-you.

You didn’t show where it says that it happens at any specific time, such as at the start of the millennium. That’s because it doesn’t say that.

Jesus rose two thousand years ago, so His being risen from the dead isn’t when the rapture happens, BTW.

Shalom Aleichem

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Millennium is clearly revealed in Revelation 20, you are the one who is FALSELY CLAIMING that there is no Millennium. Therefore you have identified yourself as a false teacher by denying what the Bible affirms.

Revelation 20:1-6 Isnt A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth, Dont Be Deceived

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

1.) Physical Earthly Kingdom?
2.) Physical Earthly Throne?
3.) Physical Mortal Humans?

The Above Claims (Don't Exist)

Revelation 20:1-6 Is 100% In The Lords (Spiritual) Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ

100% Spiritual Realm, No "Literal" Time

2 Peter 3:8KJV
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Revelation 20:1-6KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Then Cometh The End)

24 Then cometh the end,

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There Will Be No 1,000 Year Millennial Kingdom Upon This Earth, Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV
3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV
5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.