WHY I COULD NEVER CHOOSE TO BE A PROTESTANT. (one stupid thread title is as good as another)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Protestants claim to be invisible Catholics, which is an oxymoron.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this one did work for me but not the other one - anyway alas and sadly to be a Protestant eventually mostly ends up in being a blasphemer against the Holy Spirit and that is unforgiveable - twinc
...anyway alas and sadly to be a Catholic eventually mostly ends up in being a blasphemer against the Holy Spirit and that is unforgiveable...
Hollow and meaningless words.
I would tend to agree with all of these statements...for who has seen Christ "as He is" according to 1 John 3:2?

One cannot say he has received Christ or the Holy Spirit, if he looks for Him yet to come in the flesh. If that person looks for Jesus to return in the flesh, he has rejected Him in spirit - which one may repent of, but is otherwise unforgivable...for no one can be grafted in who does not receive Him in spirit, this is unbelief.

Reactions: amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I couldn't open the Original Post...
We have 'done' the Catholic thing to death, I was looking forward to reading the Protestant one. lol :(

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
good for you, any chance you keeping that to your self?
Sure, just tell that to the ignorant anti-Catholic that opened the thread "Why I could Never Choose to be Catholic" and I'll see about deleting this one.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't open the Original Post...
We have 'done' the Catholic thing to death, I was looking forward to reading the Protestant one. lol :(
Too funny...Helen:D
Then can we have a site about the Radical reformers that went even further that the reformers of Protestant movement? pls pls

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Romanist" is a fictitious term, invented by the Anglicans in the 16th century as an insult because they want to keep the term "Catholic" for themselves. They failed.

'Catholic' as referring to the Roman Church is the 'fictitious' term. Catholic refers to the entire Church of Jesus Christ.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the Protestant one. 150 reasons why I Could Never be a Protestant.

I know that my friend...but I can't read the darn thing...it says "Not Available"

Lets forget the blinking Catholic vendetta and have some Protestant bashing instead...this whole Site is soaked in 'Catholic pro or con posts.' It leaks over into EVER thread...even if we talked about cheese buns...it would end up somehow being about Catholics.....
...people just can't help themselves :D
No wonder so many people have "left the stage" and we no longer see them..the "active" membership is getting less and less by the day. :(
I am amazed we still have as many active members as we do!
So, have at it bro...I am listening. :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Too funny...Helen:D
Then can we have a site about the Radical reformers that went even further that the reformers of Protestant movement? pls pls

Hey there APAK.....Go for it bro. ( :) enjoyed your photo in the photo thread)
Which by the way, I first read it as " The Potato thread"...so took a look to see why anyone was writing about potatoes!! :D :D :D

We need some fresh threads.
I feel like yawning every time I come on Site now, and read the same old endless list of thread, and even the posts in them are the same now in each thread. "Certain people" just repeat and repeat the same stuff. YAWNNN

On second thoughts .... I personally think there should be a total ban on the words Catholic and Protestant, and they should be bleeped out. ********
I am about ready to SCREAM!!!
So, in your new thread....no actual reference to the C's or the P's. :D

I am almost at the point where I am ready to just SPAM every single Thread with life giving encouraging scripture every time there is a slanging match between a Catholic and Protestant ...and if the ban me, they ban me.
If we took out the Caths v Prots posts on this forum Site..there would be very little content.
I am missing so many "good people" who once posted. Sigh

@lforrest :D

Reactions: amadeus and APAK