WHY I COULD NEVER CHOOSE TO BE A PROTESTANT. (one stupid thread title is as good as another)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH, FOR YOUR SUPERIOR SPIRITUAL RENDING OF ME! --- YOU SHOULD AT LEAST TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE ALL BRAINWASHED, LIKE YOUUR BROTHER BOL SAY'S!!!!

YOUR CLAIM TO ALL AUTHORITY, FROM THE APOSTLE PETER, AS YOUR CLAIM AS PETER BEING THE FIRST POPE, IS DEAD!

THE SAD THING IS, IS THAT MOST OF ALL CHRISTIANITY STILL CLING'S TO SOME OF YOUR SACRED TRADITION'S

AS FOR ME I WILL CONTINUE TO BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE, AND LET GOD SORT US OUT!!

AND BY THE WAY, I ONLY READ YOUR FIRST AND LAST STATEMENT'S IN YOUR REPLY. WHICH WAS ENOUGH OF YOUR RANTING'S FOR ME. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And so you have dogmatically declared!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can't find any evidence of this accusation. Can you provide your evidence? I am curious about this.

Thank you, Mary
There is no evidence. Aspen is employing a type of sarcasm called absurdum nauseum (a sick joke) Take him with a very large grain of salt.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why remain loyal to an institution that claims its authority is ABOVE the very source from which they acknowledge their authority is derived? "Sunday is our mark of authority...the (Catholic) church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact." Catholic Record, 1923....Such a statement can only be attributed to men who are blinded by the god of this world himself.
Hi Phoneman,

Let me see if I got this right. You quoted from a newspaper article written by an unknown author who put his opinion in the said article and you are suggesting that the opinion expressed by that unknown person in that obscure article is a dogma/belief/doctrine of the Catholic Church??

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a means of disciplining church members for the edification, maintenance of purity, and preservation of the institution as a whole, God granted His church the power of "binding and loosing" members. This power does not apply to the RCC because:

1. The RCC proves itself to be without Holy Spirit discernment by insisting that our Almighty God and Creator has subjugated Himself to the whims and desires of sinful, erring, Vatican homosexuals and pedophiles whose dress, customs, and rituals are lifted from the textbook pages of Paganism 101.

2. The RCC is an apostate organization which does not trace its roots to Christ, but to the period after Constantine legalized Christianity - when true Christians boldly stood against paganism at great peril to their own lives while their faithless counterparts cowered in fear in their "safe spaces", but shoved their way forward to the principal positions of authority to seize upon the advantages that state-sanctioned Christianity had to offer once Constantine's fagots and lion's jaws ceased to threaten anyone who professed loyalty to Christ. Paul the Apostle so often predicted this would happen after his death

3. The RCC claims this power is exclusive to leadership only, although Textus Receptus based New Testaments (KJV and pretty much all Protestant Bibles that existed before the 20th century) places leadership on equal footing with the laity in matters of church affairs.
Hi Phoneman,

According to your theory Jesus proved he was without the Holy Spirit since he chose sinners as His Apostles. Every Protestant church has homosexuals and pedophiles so that disqualifies them from being The Church that Jesus started. So what Church is left? Your Church??? What church do you attend??

Do you really believe the dress, customs and rituals are lifted from the pages of paganism?? Or do you just not know history?

Who were the Church leaders BEFORE Constantine legalized Christianity? BTW.....Did you know that Constantine didn't legalize Christianity???

Would you care to try again or continue to spew lies??

Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So my question is:
Is the Holy Spirit confused by telling all these different reformers that they were right?
Or are all these men who are claiming that they are following the lead of His Spirit which has caused their vision to grow clearer as their walk with Him continues confused? Did these men truly meet the Master and were these men truly filled with the Holy Spirit and has He been teaching them?

Well Mary...your question never changes does it. You just repeat the same thing over...just like Twinc does.
After all these months, as you are still asking I guess God never did give you an answer.
For all I know you were asking the same question for not only months but for years!!

Even though , I remember once trying to explain to you that the bible is an over all picture...not just one view from one position.
I even used the elephant analogy .... 4 peoples descriptions from four different positions from where they were each standing. None wrong.
the elephant did indeed have a tusk, he did indeed have a tail, he did indeed have four legs and he did indeed have big ears...but, not one of those descriptions was wrong, but not one of those descriptions was the whole elephant...or the whole picture.
We are each at different places in our walk..we each have a different view from where we stand. God is dealing with us each very differently.

Take off your blinkers Mary. You have tunnel vision.
You are not a foolish woman...so ...I have to just guess that you ask the same questions over and over just to try and annoy people...but sadly not as a genuine inquiring question.

No doubt, in a few months we will be back here again at this very same place once more.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Truth and pia

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Well Mary...your question never changes does it. You just repeat the same thing over...just like Twinc does.
After all these months, as you are still asking I guess God never did give you an answer.
For all I know you were asking the same question for not only months but for years!!

Even though , I remember once trying to explain to you that the bible is an over all picture...not just one view from one position.
I even used the elephant analogy .... 4 peoples descriptions from four different positions from where they were each standing. None wrong.
the elephant did indeed have a tusk, he did indeed have a tail, he did indeed have four legs and he did indeed have big ears...but, not one of those descriptions was wrong, but not one of those descriptions was the whole elephant...or the whole picture.
We are each at different places in our walk..we each have a different view from where we stand. God is dealing with us each very differently.

You are not a foolish woman...so ...I have to just guess that you ask the same questions over and over just to try and annoy people...but sadly not as a genuine inquiring question.

No doubt, in a few months we will be back here again at this very same place once more.:rolleyes:

imho and in truth nothing wrong with the same consistent questions as with the many inconsistent answers claimed to be coming from the Holy Spirit - twinc

Reactions: Marymog

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Amadeus,

So my question is: Is the Holy Spirit confused by telling all these different reformers that they were right? Or are all these men who are claiming that they are following the lead of His Spirit which has caused their vision to grow clearer as their walk with Him continues confused? Did these men truly meet the Master and were these men truly filled with the Holy Spirit and has He been teaching them?

Curious Mary
God is NOT the author of confusion. When believers hold conflicting and even contradictory beliefs if they have the Holy Spirit in them it is because some of them or all of them are in some measure quenching the Holy Spirit of God. The result is a mixed answer consisting of some truth and some falsehood. Of course, some people while claiming to have the Holy Spirit of God in them do not and therefore do not hear from God at all. This last is the problem as I see with many who say they are believers and includes both Catholics and Protestants and others.

As to the reformers to which you refer, how would I know that they were or were not filled with the Holy Spirit unless God told me? He has not.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As to the reformers to which you refer, how would I know that they were or were not filled with the Holy Spirit unless God told me? He has not
I just got through reading Helens response to the same exact post, from the same lady....She's sure is gung ho lol

Reactions: amadeus

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Phoneman,

According to your theory Jesus proved he was without the Holy Spirit since he chose sinners as His Apostles. Every Protestant church has homosexuals and pedophiles so that disqualifies them from being The Church that Jesus started. So what Church is left? Your Church??? What church do you attend??

Do you really believe the dress, customs and rituals are lifted from the pages of paganism?? Or do you just not know history?

Who were the Church leaders BEFORE Constantine legalized Christianity? BTW.....Did you know that Constantine didn't legalize Christianity???

Would you care to try again or continue to spew lies??

Mary
Mary, what does Jesus' choice of sinful disciples have to do with anything? He chose them, taught them, charged them, and sent them into the world to "teaching all things whatsoever I have commanded you". The RCC teaches all things that are contrary to Scripture, agree with paganism, and insists that anyone who disagrees is a heretic worthy of death.

Homosexuality/pedophilia/statutory rape doesn't condemn a church - except if its leadership sanctioned, as in the case of the RCC.

A blind man can see Catholicism has baptized so much paganism that it can never be confused with the church of Jesus Christ depicted in Scripture. Shaved head? Celibacy? Repetitious prayer? So called "Holy Water"? Dagon (Satan) "fish hat"? Just a few examples of how the Papal Antichrist has corrupted the church.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Phoneman,

Let me see if I got this right. You quoted from a newspaper article written by an unknown author who put his opinion in the said article and you are suggesting that the opinion expressed by that unknown person in that obscure article is a dogma/belief/doctrine of the Catholic Church??

Curious Mary
Mary, do you not realize that this quote comes from THE CATHOLIC MIRROR? You seem to be grossly uninformed about how extensive the RCC has gone to boast that it has the authority to change the Sabbath from the 7th to the 1st day of the week, thereby proving that its authority is above the Bible. Please read "Rome's Challenge", a series of articles published by the RCC which argue this long held position of the Catholic church - an argument to which Protestants have no answer.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 27-28 is the only verses needed to shutdown the SDA. Talk about hypocrital - you accuse catholics of warping scripture to their own ends? Wow

B

brakelite

Mark 27-28 is the only verses needed to shutdown the SDA. Talk about hypocrital - you accuse catholics of warping scripture to their own ends? Wow
Can you clarify Mark 27-28 please?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just got through reading Helens response to the same exact post, from the same lady....She's sure is gung ho lol
And that descriptive phrase is usually applied to combat soldiers. Zeal is good if it is rightly directed. What is right but that which is Good? Jesus said that there was only One Good that being God!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Zeal is good if it is rightly directed.
That it is for sure, but boy oh boy can it ever lead to endless troubles when pointed in the wrong direction, as we can clearly see through quite a few posts on this forum alone......Sorry, I meant no disrespect to soldiers, and thank you....I shall try not to use that phrase again, it is commonly used here in Oz as someone who's just full on, in either a good or a bad way....

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The truthful answer to Mary's question is an embarrassment to Protestantism, which is why you find her questions so annoying.
The whole thing is a far more complex matter than Protestants usually comprehend, because they have been taught only one way of looking at things: sola Scriptura and anti-institutionalism, and anti-Catholicism (either subtle or more pernicious opposition).

What is straying from God’s word is the very notion of denominationalism, which is always considered an outrage in the NT; the rejection of apostolic succession, and of, e.g., bishops (plainly present in the NT), or belief in a non-literal Eucharist, or a baptism that doesn’t regenerate, or sola Scriptura or faith alone (separation of justification and sanctification): all the host of unbiblical teachings that are in Protestantism. That’s why I left the system; wanting to follow biblical teachings more closely, traditional moral teachings, and the historic Christian Church.
Dave, this is the key issue. I asked: “Is the church under the authority of God’s words or not?” Your answer was: “yes.” But then just one sentence later, you wrote: “It’s not a matter of one thing being “under” the other.”
Exactly. You are not really saying “yes”. You are trying to say “both.” But that is not what Paul is saying in Gal. 1:8-9. He says that he -even as an apostle- is to be rejected if he strays from God’s word. If he strays from God’s words then he is “accursed” and he commands the Galatians to reject him. Why would he issue such a command unless his own authority -apostle though he was- is derivative from God’s words?
It’s “under” the authority of the Bible in the sense that it will not contradict what is in the Bible. It is not “under” it in terms of the authority of the Bible being intrinsically superior to the authority of the Church. The Bible presents both and never implies that one is “higher” than the other...
...I’ve been playing your game all along. You want Scripture; I am giving it to you. Protestantism fails that test. I keep talking about the Jerusalem Council: a very “biblical” thing. You have consistently ignored it because it doesn’t fit in with your preconceived notions of authority, that come from man-made traditions. I have given you plenty of Scripture. All you can do is repeat Gal 1;8-9 over and over. After I answer that in ten different ways, it gets old when you repeat it for the eleventh time.If you want to cry “Bible, Bible” then at least give us more of it than one passage! If all you can do is repeat your mantra, and you refuse to interact with opposing arguments, then the dialogue will soon be over.
Dialogue with a Calvinist: Was Paul a "Lone Ranger"?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That it is for sure, but boy oh boy can it ever lead to endless troubles when pointed in the wrong direction, as we can clearly see through quite a few posts on this forum alone......Sorry, I meant no disrespect to soldiers, and thank you....I shall try not to use that phrase again, it is commonly used here in Oz as someone who's just full on, in either a good or a bad way....
No disrespect seen by me as a former soldier . Consider that this place, this forum, is probably one of the better places in my own experience among Christian forums. That is not much of a compliment to the place or to mankind as a whole, is it? But, God does have a plan and it is progressing, whether we are on His side in that plan or not. It certainly would behoove anyone to get on His side, if they are not already...

Reactions: pia and mjrhealth

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mary, what does Jesus' choice of sinful disciples have to do with anything? He chose them, taught them, charged them, and sent them into the world to "teaching all things whatsoever I have commanded you". The RCC teaches all things that are contrary to Scripture, agree with paganism, and insists that anyone who disagrees is a heretic worthy of death.

Homosexuality/pedophilia/statutory rape doesn't condemn a church - except if its leadership sanctioned, as in the case of the RCC.

A blind man can see Catholicism has baptized so much paganism that it can never be confused with the church of Jesus Christ depicted in Scripture. Shaved head? Celibacy? Repetitious prayer? So called "Holy Water"? Dagon (Satan) "fish hat"? Just a few examples of how the Papal Antichrist has corrupted the church.
People who buy into your hate speech are generally uneducated funnymentalist morons. Did you complete gr. 5?

I don't answer cluster bomb/shot gun tactics. It's evidence you don't want to discuss one thing at a time, you are only interested in stupid Catholic bashing. Nothing is harder to open than a closed mind.

Maybe one day you will grow up and put away your comic book theology.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mary, do you not realize that this quote comes from THE CATHOLIC MIRROR? You seem to be grossly uninformed about how extensive the RCC has gone to boast that it has the authority to change the Sabbath from the 7th to the 1st day of the week, thereby proving that its authority is above the Bible. Please read "Rome's Challenge", a series of articles published by the RCC which argue this long held position of the Catholic church - an argument to which Protestants have no answer.
That's right. The Apostles had the audacity to shift the primary day of worship from Saturday to Sunday, because Jesus had the audacity to rise from the dead on Sunday. THE NERVE OF HIM!!!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No evidence.

Again, no evidence.

This is typical 7th Day Adventist hate propaganda. No context for each of his phony man charges as a coward wouldn't give any.
I'll discuss any ONE item of your rant. But like I said, you are too much of a coward to face up to your lies. You are not representative of most of Protestantism, as most Protestants have outgrown the pope/anti-Christ stupidity that started 500 years ago, and not before.
One more thing, phony man. The thread title is why I could never be a Protestant. It's not a soapbox for your anti-Catholic psychosis.

Last edited: