WHY I COULD NEVER CHOOSE TO BE A PROTESTANT. (one stupid thread title is as good as another)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't reach the site you gave. Nice title though.

I watch at times on TV churches on Sunday morning. Of all of them I will say the Roman church is the most worshipful. Protestant churches have been going into the area of entertainment instead of worship for years so that many times you may as well be at a pop concert. Church Of Christ is an alternative because they don't allow any musical instruments. That used to sound bad, but now it doesn't seem so bad.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons to not become a Protestant. Just as there are for not becoming a Romanist. Who would be willing to admit and accept the need for reform? Neither probably. So, I never try to convert one to Protestantism. Only to Jesus Christ. Be born-again as Christ says. Then find a body of believers that meet regularly and meet and worship Jesus Christ with them.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Then find a body of believers that meet regularly and meet and worship Jesus Christ with them.
or you could do what Paul did, go and study on your own for three years first.
i guess no one ever gives this advice tho huh?
wonder why not

of course you gotta find Jesus hiding from the Two Greeks who came to worship Him on your own too, i guess

Reactions: Truth

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009
Well perhaps another access way will be given. Does this relate somehow to access to God or at least a type or shadow?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
That one doesn't work either.

this one did work for me but not the other one - anyway alas and sadly to be a Protestant eventually mostly ends up in being a blasphemer against the Holy Spirit and that is unforgiveable - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this one did work for me but not the other one - anyway alas and sadly to be a Protestant eventually mostly ends up in being a blasphemer against the Holy Spirit and that is unforgiveable - twinc
Ah yes, now the one by Dave Armstrong has worked now. But your words twinc jump right out of the truth with that easy declaration of blasphemy. I guess that you believe it, but many of us believe something else and what God does is weighs and ponders of our hearts rather than the doctrines we hold or the church with which we fellowship.

On the 150, I only read the very first one which is this:

"1. Best One-Sentence Summary: I am convinced that the Catholic Church conforms much more closely to all of the biblical data, offers the only coherent view of the history of Christianity (i.e., Christian, apostolic Tradition), and possesses the most profound and sublime Christian morality, spirituality, social ethic, and philosophy."

That to me is a mere statement of man's rationale which was never what Jesus taught or lived when he lived as a man on planet Earth being tempted by all the temptations of man.

If all I had was the teachings of the CC and my brain to logically consider, I guess I could have written such a statement myself at one time. But teachings [even correct ones] and study of good things without the Holy Spirit leading would still only have resulted for me in a weariness of the flesh. I speak for no other man although I suspect that others understand my experience.

But I have met the Master and His Holy Spirit has filled me and has been teaching me. This last is not a mere desire but an experience which has changed me since I walked away from Catholicism.... Since then I have been seeking His face and following the lead of His Spirit. I do have a vision which now grows clearer as my walk continues and I approach the face to face. Never did I even have a distant vision of what I have now when I was a sincerely devout Catholic. I am not saying what I had was evil, but the light that I had then was darkness compared to the Light in which I now walk.

Give God the glory!

Jesus came to bring Life and I am no longer a dead man. That did not happen until I had walked away from the CC and into His arms. As a Catholic I was hungry and thirsty for His righteousness, but until I was drawn into Him, the hunger was not sated nor the thirst quenched.

This is why I could never again be a Catholic. God has called me to elsewhere and I am following His call.

Indeed, give God the glory!

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dave Armstrong simply copied Loraine Boettner’s work, Roman Catholicism, a book published in 1962 by Presbyterian and Reformed Publishing Company of Philadelphia.

And got rich off it.

Last edited:

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

...anyway alas and sadly to be a Catholic eventually mostly ends up in being a blasphemer against the Holy Spirit and that is unforgiveable...

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
so i guess blasphemy against the Spirit is becoming clearer anyway huh
at least to any Catholic or Prot with eyes

...and You redeemed people for God by Your blood from every tribe and language and people and nation.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I couldn't reach the site you gave. Nice title though.

I watch at times on TV churches on Sunday morning. Of all of them I will say the Roman church is the most worshipful. Protestant churches have been going into the area of entertainment instead of worship for years so that many times you may as well be at a pop concert. Church Of Christ is an alternative because they don't allow any musical instruments. That used to sound bad, but now it doesn't seem so bad.

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons to not become a Protestant. Just as there are for not becoming a Romanist. Who would be willing to admit and accept the need for reform? Neither probably. So, I never try to convert one to Protestantism. Only to Jesus Christ. Be born-again as Christ says. Then find a body of believers that meet regularly and meet and worship Jesus Christ with them.

Stranger
"Romanist" is a fictitious term, invented by the Anglicans in the 16th century as an insult because they want to keep the term "Catholic" for themselves. They failed.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dave Armstrong simply copied Loraine Boettner’s work, Roman Catholicism, a book published in 1962 by Presbyterian and Reformed Publishing Company of Philadelphia.

And got rich off it.
That is a lie.