Why, if God is sovereign, is there a global pandemic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Has the Almighty become less than before?
Is He losing His grip on things?
Or is there another reason why things are the way they are?
Is this judgement on us, His people?
Are we, as a whole, walking towards a cliff, and is He, in His faithfulness, allowing pain to drive us back to Him?
Are we putting Him first, despising all others in comparison, including ourselves?
Have we become arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned about the less fortunate.
Do we replace mercy with excuses?
Are we, for His sake, willing to lose our lives that we might find them?
Are we close to a terrible war and one-world government?
Are we willing to repent?
Will this thread be ignored?
Hello @The Viking Jew,

Why have we had other serious outbreaks of disease throughout history, which have had to be overcome? The global spread of this particular virus is because of the habits of humans now, and the ready availability of transportation to any part of the world. So the question to be asked is:- What brought in sickness and death into the world? SIN!

Satan is the god of this world, and this is man's day.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Questionably. But it is more than likely that this bogus pandemic is a part of this development: For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. (Mt 24:7.8)

Viral pandemics are pestilences. But coronavirus was a BIOWEAPON against humanity by design. God was not behind the evil conspiracy to bring the whole world under bondage to COVID tyranny. This was the work of Satan through his evil minions in governments and various agencies.

From God's perspective this is a test for genuine Christians who are being forced to abandon corporate worship, or to drastically modify it so that it becomes worthless. Christians must stand up to COVID tyranny and defy the powers that be, since we are to render to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's (worship and fellowship while assembling together).

As of now, the Constitutions of Western countries are still valid, therefore the courts are still for recourse against government tyranny. A superior court in Weimar, Germany has ruled that the lockdowns are not only unconstitutional, but an assault on human dignity. European lawyers are calling this crimes against humanity.

Everything about this pandemic is bogus and based on lies. Everything. Yes, the virus is another strain of flu, and ordinary hygiene would have been enough to prevent its spread. But the death rates in various countries are about 0.1 percent or less, which means less than 1,000 people in 1,000,000 (one million) die from this infection. The death rate in Sweden which had no lockdowns was 0.079%. That is not a pandemic at all. The death rate in Canada is about 0.042%.

But the daily fear-mongering and the unconstitutional lockdowns, masking, and distancing were designed to bring the world into bondage, and the conspiracy was a success. The bogus vaccines are the next development, which will eventually change into the Mark of the Beast through nanotechnology, gene therapy and vaccine passports. Christians must TOTALLY reject these vaccines and all government restrictions, all of which are bogus. The plan is (1) depopulation and (2)destabilization. This includes the destruction of lives, livelihoods, and businesses.
Hello @Enoch111,

With respect this is your own interpretation of events and their causes, and there is no evidence to support it.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @Enoch111, With respect this is your own interpretation of events and their causes, and there is no evidence to support it.
There is a TON of evidence which obviously cannot all be posted here. Why not do some serious research to dig out the evidence for yourself?
God definitely did NOT cause this lab-manufactured bioweapon pandemic. And some courageous pastors are showing that they will obey God rather than men in the matter of keeping their churches open (and also taking their governments to court for violating their constitutional freedoms). Even Paul demanded his day in court before Caesar.

We already know that the UK has become a Fascist state because of this so-called pandemic. The police interfered with a Catholic service over there for absolutely no reason.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has the Almighty become less than before? Is He losing His grip on things?
Are we, as a whole, walking towards a cliff, and is He, in His faithfulness, allowing pain to drive us back to Him?
Are we putting Him first, despising all others in comparison, including ourselves?
There is a pandemic to reset the reformation which is broken(also to fulfill prophecy).

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is a TON of evidence which obviously cannot all be posted here. Why not do some serious research to dig out the evidence for yourself?
God definitely did NOT cause this lab-manufactured bioweapon pandemic. And some courageous pastors are showing that they will obey God rather than men in the matter of keeping their churches open (and also taking their governments to court for violating their constitutional freedoms). Even Paul demanded his day in court before Caesar.

We already know that the UK has become a Fascist state because of this so-called pandemic. The police interfered with a Catholic service over there for absolutely no reason.

Hello @Enoch111,

There has been an official investigation into the cause of this pandemic, and lab-manufacture has been ruled out as a possible cause. As for the pastors you speak of, they would be better served in serving their own community by obeying their governments decisions, and behaving lawfully.

As to the UK becoming a fascist state, that is simply ridiculous! The police only act when laws are being violated. These rules and regulations are in place to keep people safe, and are for a limited duration. It is for us to pray for those in authority over us, and not to seek to make their lives harder by not obeying the rules they feel they have to impose for our safe-keeping.

So, I thank God for those in authority over us, and pray that they will be given the wisdom to govern lawfully and well.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Addy

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Why, if God is sovereign, is there a global pandemic?

God IS God!

Reactions: Truman

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I doubt an infinite omnipotent Being has "lost His grip" on things! ;) As He explained in the Scriptures, He is in the process of judging the world. He just hasn't yet finished the process of "gathering the world together" for judgment. In other words, until the process is complete judgment will continue to develop until the whole world will be held accountable.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Questionably. But it is more than likely that this bogus pandemic is a part of this development: For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. (Mt 24:7.8)

Viral pandemics are pestilences. But coronavirus was a BIOWEAPON against humanity by design. God was not behind the evil conspiracy to bring the whole world under bondage to COVID tyranny. This was the work of Satan through his evil minions in governments and various agencies.

From God's perspective this is a test for genuine Christians who are being forced to abandon corporate worship, or to drastically modify it so that it becomes worthless. Christians must stand up to COVID tyranny and defy the powers that be, since we are to render to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's (worship and fellowship while assembling together).

As of now, the Constitutions of Western countries are still valid, therefore the courts are still for recourse against government tyranny. A superior court in Weimar, Germany has ruled that the lockdowns are not only unconstitutional, but an assault on human dignity. European lawyers are calling this crimes against humanity.

Everything about this pandemic is bogus and based on lies. Everything. Yes, the virus is another strain of flu, and ordinary hygiene would have been enough to prevent its spread. But the death rates in various countries are about 0.1 percent or less, which means less than 1,000 people in 1,000,000 (one million) die from this infection. The death rate in Sweden which had no lockdowns was 0.079%. That is not a pandemic at all. The death rate in Canada is about 0.042%.

But the daily fear-mongering and the unconstitutional lockdowns, masking, and distancing were designed to bring the world into bondage, and the conspiracy was a success. The bogus vaccines are the next development, which will eventually change into the Mark of the Beast through nanotechnology, gene therapy and vaccine passports. Christians must TOTALLY reject these vaccines and all government restrictions, all of which are bogus. The plan is (1) depopulation and (2)destabilization. This includes the destruction of lives, livelihoods, and businesses.
Hello @The Viking Jew,

Why have we had other serious outbreaks of disease throughout history, which have had to be overcome? The global spread of this particular virus is because of the habits of humans now, and the ready availability of transportation to any part of the world. So the question to be asked is:- What brought in sickness and death into the world? SIN!

Satan is the god of this world, and this is man's day.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Hi, Chris. I find solace in knowing the eyes of others are open, and are opening, to what is transpiring in our day. Before Israel became the Jewish state, the dark powers of this world tried to prevent it by attempting to exterminate the Jews. As the house of Israel, aka the ten "lost" tribes, or "Ephra'im," is awakening to who they are, the enemy appears to once again be planning to stop us Hebrews, this time, perhaps, by planning a world-wide final solution. They will fail, and Yeshua will return, setting up His millennial reign. The storm clouds are gathering, I hear the sound of thunder, and I so hope I'm wrong, but I hear the sound of war. I will gladly be a martyr for my Lord; it's my children and my grandchildren that I'm personally concerned about. - If interested, there is an Ephra'imite Facebook group, "Messianic Israel Alliance," that you may find interesting. - Truman :) Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Shalom.

Reactions: friend of

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God set things in motion and the laws He created govern the universe.

god steps in when He chooses for His purposes and glory.

We live in a fallen sinfilled world. this is the reason we have a pandemic. This pandemic is mild compared to some others like th e spanish flu of 1918- 55 million dead.

or the Black Plague of the middle ages which killed almost 1/4 of Europe!

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No doubt in my mind COVID 19 is something initiated by a satanic agenda. But, God permitted it. Big difference between what God's perfect will is and His permissive will. I suspect what God may use this for has a lot to do with the "church". We've hardly even begun to see all the long term effects of COVID, but it is very likely to completely undermine the economic structure, government and organization of pop-culture churchianity. The Lord warned us a shaking will come...of both heaven and the earth. And He has a purpose in the shaking. Everything that can be shaken will be shaken to destruction.....so that nothing will be left but what cannot be shaken.
Hebrews 12:27 NKJV — Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.

The only thing that isn't going to shake is the Kingdom....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will also reveal hearts....in the shaking, will we pick up our "rights".....or our cross?
hopefully our cross , cause our rights , what we are entitled to IS THE SECOND DEATH .
were it not for Christ that is what is our right and what we are entitled too . Whom this offends it offends .
BUt as i said , ALL I EVER EARNED for myself and have right too , IS THE SECOND DEATH .
Now you all excuse me , WHILE I PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD for HIS MERCY , HIS GRACE GIVEN ME IN JESUS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks need to bring the biblical JESUS to this entitled generation and remind them of their rights .
And then show them the way out of what all of man kind is entitled too , THE SECOND DEATH .
The way out IS JESUS . and whom this offends it will offend . But TRUTH IT IS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It will also reveal hearts....in the shaking, will we pick up our "rights".....or our cross?
Rights - you have the right to remain silent...permanently!
I first picked up my cross and it wasn't long until there was a whole lot of shakin' going on! lol
God is so good! :)

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@The Viking Jew, Not that it makes a huge difference in anything, I share your sense that war is coming. There is an awful lot pointing toward that outcome, and I suspect the shaking for Americans will get quite severe when it does

Rudometkin

Sep 14, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said God caused this.

Of course God caused it.

He is God. Nothing within creation happens apart from Him righteously causing and controlling it.

In the beginning, God... Did you miss that? He is the ultimate cause. In the beginning, God...

Isaiah 45:7
“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

Deuteronomy 32:39
“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.”