Why, if God is sovereign, is there a global pandemic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has the Almighty become less than before? Is He losing His grip on things?
Or is there another reason why things are the way they are?
Is this judgement on us, His people?
Are we, as a whole, walking towards a cliff, and is He, in His faithfulness, allowing pain to drive us back to Him?
Are we putting Him first, despising all others in comparison, including ourselves?
Have we become arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned about the less fortunate.
Do we replace mercy with excuses?
Are we, for His sake, willing to lose our lives that we might find them?
Are we close to a terrible war and one-world government?
Are we willing to repent?
Will this thread be ignored?
Why do you assume that God's plan for you, me, or this world was one akin to a perfectly smooth cruise ship ride? Wherein everyone is just to be pampered and entertained all day?

That's not how God or His plan works.
We are called to action, and each consistently going though a refiners fire.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As plagues go, this one is mild. Why do so many people assume it's going to usher in the end of the world?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course God caused it.

He is God. Nothing within creation happens apart from Him righteously causing and controlling it.

In the beginning, God... Did you miss that? He is the ultimate cause. In the beginning, God...

Isaiah 45:7
“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

Deuteronomy 32:39
“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.”
God didn't cause sin. He allowed it. Scripture says he holds everything together . .it doesn't say that he causes everything.

Reactions: pompadour

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course God caused it.

He is God. Nothing within creation happens apart from Him righteously causing and controlling it.

In the beginning, God... Did you miss that? He is the ultimate cause. In the beginning, God...

Isaiah 45:7
“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

Deuteronomy 32:39
“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.”
It is my belief that God is in control of every sub-atomic particle in creation, and that they exist due to His will. This pandemic exists because of Him.
"No one can understand the full extent of Your sovereign plan, no one can comprehend the good and evil that You send." - Truman the Levite :)

Reactions: Rudometkin

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As plagues go, this one is mild. Why do so many people assume it's going to usher in the end of the world?
COVID was deliberately mis-labeled a pandemic so that the world would become fearful and go into bondage. But God only ALLOWS evil. To claim that God is responsible for evil (or decrees evil) is total nonsense.

It is not going to usher in "the end of the world" but the beginning of the 3 1/2 year reign of the Antichrist. There is much more to come after that, culminating in the eternal reign of Christ.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
COVID was deliberately mis-labeled a pandemic so that the world would become fearful and go into bondage. But God only ALLOWS evil. To claim that God is responsible for evil (or decrees evil) is total nonsense.

It is not going to usher in "the end of the world" but the beginning of the 3 1/2 year reign of the Antichrist. There is much more to come after that, culminating in the eternal reign of Christ.
I agree on the first paragraph.
Not so sure on the other. I suspect a lot of folks thought the end was near at any major catastrophe in history.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot more than just a global pandemic happening :) the bigger picture, including the yet to be realized effects of the pandemic indicate something unusual is unfolding

Michael1985

Sep 30, 2020
British Columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Has the Almighty become less than before? Is He losing His grip on things?
Or is there another reason why things are the way they are?
Is this judgement on us, His people?
Are we, as a whole, walking towards a cliff, and is He, in His faithfulness, allowing pain to drive us back to Him?
Are we putting Him first, despising all others in comparison, including ourselves?
Have we become arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned about the less fortunate.
Do we replace mercy with excuses?
Are we, for His sake, willing to lose our lives that we might find them?
Are we close to a terrible war and one-world government?
Are we willing to repent?
Will this thread be ignored?

I don't consider God a micromanager of world affairs. Some good things happen, and some bad things happen.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh the plagues will get much worse upon this earth before its all said and done .
Covid is ushering in ONE THING . THE FULL EFFECT OF THE GLOBAL BEAST SYSTEM . THAT is what its ushering in .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't consider God a micromanager of world affairs. Some good things happen, and some bad things happen.
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face to you and give you peace.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot more than just a global pandemic happening :) the bigger picture, including the yet to be realized effects of the pandemic indicate something unusual is unfolding
OH there is something unfolding all right . ITS called the global beast digitlized system .
We are witnessing what was foretold many , many days , months , years , decades , centuries , even millenia , Ago .
What do we really think this digitlized system Five G is all about .
A hint , they dont spend five trillion dollars so you can download a game ten seconds faster . ITS FOR another agenda .
They just sell it through conveniance . But beleive me , its all about a system in which they will have power and control over .
But this was all foretold . Let us cling to Christ and be built up in sound doctrine .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
o one should regard God as a "micromanager". But the Bible says that God rules in the affairs of men. Had the Western politicians and leaders bowed their knees to God, and sought to do His will, we would not be seeing the evil that has come upon the world. They all betrayed their countries and their constituents, and only God knows their motives for this MAJOR BETRAYAL.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
o one should regard God as a "micromanager". But the Bible says that God rules in the affairs of men. Had the Western politicians and leaders bowed their knees to God, and sought to do His will, we would not be seeing the evil that has come upon the world. They all betrayed their countries and their constituents, and only God knows their motives for this MAJOR BETRAYAL.
you left one KEY important thing out . And the CHURCHES fell in bed with the men and sold their flocks out .
Its one thing for the world to do evil , but its even far worse when a peoples CLAIM JESUS NAME and yet do
every bit as much evil as does the world and support sin and even attack those who would try and set them on the right path again .
Its not looking too good these days . BUT for the lambs , though we will soon face heavier and heavier persecution , GOD IS WITH US
and our end is GOOD in CHRIST . SO let the KING be praised and fear not man or what he can do .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take heart in the LORD . For no matter what is or what is to come against the lambs
i want us all to remember ONE THING . ONE WORD . ONE NAME .
Ready ..........................
drum roll please ........................................................................IMMANUEL . GOD IS WITH US .
PRAISE the GLORIOUS LORD and fear not man or what he can do to us . JUST sound out the truth of the glorious gospel
and learn and do all things JESUS taught and later the aposetls would teach .
Try to compare The timing of THIS LIFE , TO THE TIMING OF ETERNITY . YEAH . ETERNITY IS FOREVER .
And for those who LOVE THE LORD , THEY SHALL INDEED LIVE FOREVER WITH GOD .
PRAISE the glorious LORD . AND HE is with us through it all . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OH there is something unfolding all right . ITS called the global beast digitlized system .
We are witnessing what was foretold many , many days , months , years , decades , centuries , even millenia , Ago .
What do we really think this digitlized system Five G is all about .
A hint , they dont spend five trillion dollars so you can download a game ten seconds faster . ITS FOR another agenda .
They just sell it through conveniance . But beleive me , its all about a system in which they will have power and control over .
But this was all foretold . Let us cling to Christ and be built up in sound doctrine .
And be willing to die for Him.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all who are able , LEAP UP and dance a jig of praise UNTO the GLORIOUS LORD .
For all others , raise those hands and praise HIS HOLY NAME .
IMMANUEL . Feast on the beauty of that name . AND KNOW HE IS WITH US . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING .
Ponder on that . What great hope we have , whose HOPE IS IN THE LORD . Sing it .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For all who are able , LEAP UP and dance a jig of praise UNTO the GLORIOUS LORD .
For all others , raise those hands and praise HIS HOLY NAME .
IMMANUEL . Feast on the beauty of that name . AND KNOW HE IS WITH US . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING .
Ponder on that . What great hope we have , whose HOPE IS IN THE LORD . Sing it .
Amen! Sing it!!!