Why, if God is sovereign, is there a global pandemic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Standing in the streets of the New Jerusalem, I was looking into Jesus' eyes, as He was looking into mine.
No more death, no more mourning, no more crying, or pain!

Reactions: Mantis

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Word of the LORD is as honey to the taste of a lamb .
As a song of upmost beauty are HIS words , the savoir of life unto all who do take heed .
The song is beautiful no matter who accepts or rejects it . For the glorious gospel of Christ is a song of upmost beauty as IS HIS EVERY
saying . Many reject the beautiful song unto their own demise . But the song is of pure beauty .
As is every Word of GOD . LET the LORD be praised my friends .
And be on gaurd . Satan sleeps not as is roaming about as a roaring lion taking captive many at his will .
WE must resist him by faith in Christ . SO learn the biblical Christ well .
For as even satan who is darkness can appear as an angel of Light , do not be suprised at all
that his ministirs can lead christian churches . That is a solid truth my friends .
I say this out of great love for the people . Learn those bibles , examine to see whether you walk in the true faith
Examine to see if you follow JESUS CHRIST , or some other jesus which feeds the flesh , WHICH aint JESUS but rather
its The dark one and his men who create another image of Christ . And that image is of the spirit .
BUT NOT the SPIRIT OF CHRIST , but of ANTI CHRIST . I love you all my friends . ITS why i often warn as well .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an important topic. Lots of Christians really need to come to terms with this. The Lamb who was slain will one day split open and consciously set in motion a judgment (Revelation, 4th seal), and 25% of the whole world's population will die in a single judgment. If He did that today, 200 million bodies would be needing burial...in a very short time. Learning who He is, and why that is the most loving and merciful thing He could possibly do is something we need to apprehend.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a lot of Christians who fail to let Him reveal Himself in that way, will be caught up in the judgment.....and die. And that too will be a manifestation of His love and mercy. Maranatha....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets expand on this thought my friend . explain , cause you might be right .
Here is my opinion....

The reformation started right, then it went the wrong direction.

It became denominations with partial truth.

The reformation was designed by God to get mankind back to Acts 2.

God had to hit the reset button, evacuate the churches and make them less needed by the congregants.

Folks are now having to reboot their thinking via the Lord Jesus being their lone Shepherd.

Jesus Himself will now have to lead the reformation back to Acts 2, since man will never do it.

Man has proved it for all to see.

Reactions: Jostler

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard as it may be to hear for many western Christian ears, much of what Jesus is doing in what He is allowing, is intended to sweep the Foundation clean of all the "temples men have built on it...and build His Church, according to His design. The gates of he'll will not prevail against THAT church. Maranatha....come quickly Lord.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is my opinion....

The reformation started right, then it went the wrong direction.

It became denominations with partial truth.

The reformation was designed by God to get mankind back to Acts 2.

God had to hit the reset button, evacuate the churches and make them less needed by the congregants.

Folks are now having to reboot their thinking via the Lord Jesus being their lone Shepherd.

Jesus Himself will now have to lead the reformation back to Acts 2, since man will never do it.

Man has proved it for all to see.
Oh chastening is coming . Some will wake up , but be on triple gaurd there will also be a huge movement that is false .
Yes , i speak of the false unity we are one movement . Have nothing to do with it .

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 13:7 (NKJV)
7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh chastening is coming . Some will wake up , but be on triple gaurd there will also be a huge movement that is false .
Yes , i speak of the false unity we are one movement . Have nothing to do with it .
Lord Jesus, please bring us back to the unity of the faith that was once delivered to the saints.

Reactions: amigo de christo

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has the Almighty become less than before? Is He losing His grip on things?
Or is there another reason why things are the way they are?
Is this judgement on us, His people?
Are we, as a whole, walking towards a cliff, and is He, in His faithfulness, allowing pain to drive us back to Him?
Are we putting Him first, despising all others in comparison, including ourselves?
Have we become arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned about the less fortunate.
Do we replace mercy with excuses?
Are we, for His sake, willing to lose our lives that we might find them?
Are we close to a terrible war and one-world government?
Are we willing to repent?
Will this thread be ignored?
Then again read the book of Revelation, or many of the bible stories that talked about plagues. It would be one thing to question God's intention if he promised a tiptoe through the tulips life in the bible. But he says in his Word that these things have or will come to pass. What do the stories say as to why? Yes, my personal belief is that this has to do with repentance. And one other thing. Keep in mind Satan is the god of this world. So how do we expect the world to behave with someone that screwed up who thinks he's God to be worshipped? I always jest about the New World Order and the Georgia Guidestones. People get upset when they see that this world should be limited to 500 million people, but I jest that's all the people Satan knows how to manage in the Kingdom he wants. God said be fruitful and multiply so this earth can sustain many,many people unlike the environ-mental naysayers.

Reactions: Truman and Jostler

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord Jesus, please bring us back to the unity of the faith that was once delivered to the saints.
YES to the unity of THE FAITH . And not unto the unity for the sake of unity which omits truth for sake of unity .
WE had better be on quadruple gaurd . we have us a massive huge swelling of a false unity growing unlike anything i ever seen .

Reactions: Truther

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John was right and so was paul . If any other comes and brings another gospel , if even we do or an angel from heaven , let them be accursed .
And ROME brings us a false all inclusive social gospel . SO why would we have unity WITH THAT . Watch out folks . watch out .

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has the Almighty become less than before? Is He losing His grip on things?
Or is there another reason why things are the way they are?
Is this judgement on us, His people?
Are we, as a whole, walking towards a cliff, and is He, in His faithfulness, allowing pain to drive us back to Him?
Are we putting Him first, despising all others in comparison, including ourselves?
Have we become arrogant, overfed, and unconcerned about the less fortunate.
Do we replace mercy with excuses?
Are we, for His sake, willing to lose our lives that we might find them?
Are we close to a terrible war and one-world government?
Are we willing to repent?
Will this thread be ignored?
Why are you doubting Him?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES to the unity of THE FAITH . And not unto the unity for the sake of unity which omits truth for sake of unity .
WE had better be on quadruple gaurd . we have us a massive huge swelling of a false unity growing unlike anything i ever seen .
Amen, all false religions are unified, lest they fail.

Unity of the faith that was once delivered to the 1st century saints is what I am speaking of.

Reactions: Truman

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During both World Wars preachers around the earth busied themselves trying to convince all and sundry that the end was nigh . . .

The end was nigh then, and even nigher now. This generation shall not pass until all is fulfilled.

Jesus said:

Luke 12
[34] For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
[35] Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
[36] And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
[37] Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
[38] And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
[39] And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
[40] Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
[41] Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?
[42] And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
[43] Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
[44] Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.
[45] But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
[46] The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
[47] And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
[48] But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Reactions: Truther

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course God caused it.

He is God. Nothing within creation happens apart from Him righteously causing and controlling it.

In the beginning, God... Did you miss that? He is the ultimate cause. In the beginning, God...

Isaiah 45:7
“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

Deuteronomy 32:39
“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.”

Yes indeed God causes all these calamities, and the Scriptures that you cite bear witness of this fact. People reject Him and His way, so He turns around and recompenses their evil right back own their own heads.

Moreover, God created righteousness and He created evil. He warns us to not partake of evil, and if we do, He recompenses evil with evil.