Why "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus lamented over Israel and Jerusalem who had before killed the prophets sent to them, and were also rejecting and would crucify their promised Messiah, He quoted with much regret and as if it were even a threat, a verse from Psalm 118, a prophetic psalm of David, saying:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’
The reason He quoted the one line of the psalm was because the whole psalm was relevant. In saying the one sentence, He was saying--showing, that all that was happening had been written before--and yes, it is true, whoever rejects what and whom the Lord sends--will not see Him, that is except in the Judgement.

These are the prophetic words that Christ was referring to:

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.

2 Let Israel now say,
“His mercy endures forever.”
3 Let the house of Aaron now say,
4 Let those who fear the Lord now say,

5 I called on the Lord in distress;
The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
6 The Lord is on my side;
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
7 The Lord is for me among those who help me;
Therefore I shall see my desire on those who hate me.
8 It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in man.
9 It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in princes.

10 All nations surrounded me,
But in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
11 They surrounded me,
Yes, they surrounded me;
12 They surrounded me like bees;
They were quenched like a fire of thorns;
For in the name of the Lord I will destroy them.
13 You pushed me violently, that I might fall,
But the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord is my strength and song,
And He has become my salvation.

15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation
Is in the tents of the righteous;
The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.
16 The right hand of the Lord is exalted;
17 I shall not die, but live,
And declare the works of the Lord.
18 The Lord has chastened me severely,
But He has not given me over to death.

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness;
I will go through them,
And I will praise the Lord.
20 This is the gate of the Lord,
Through which the righteous shall enter.

21 I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.

22 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This was the Lord’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, I pray, O Lord;
O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
We have blessed you from the house of the Lord.
27 God is the Lord,
And He has given us light;
Bind the sacrifice with cords to the horns of the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will praise You;
You are my God, I will exalt You.

29 Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The voice of rejoicing and salvation

reminds me of 2 Corinthians 6:7-10 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, [8] By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; [9] As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed; [10] As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.

Tecarta Bible

Reactions: ScottA

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I’m not trying to hijack your thread. You post to help with Hope yea? To me the above is hopeful “The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tents of the righteous”
What that says to me “in the tents” “the voice of rejoicing and salvation is” …I don’t see literal tents but what Paul spoke of as his body the tent, a traveling tent where “the voice of rejoicing and salvation” is …for example “rejoice, I say it again, Rejoice!

Again, not to hijack your thread but Isaiah 66:5 stands out to me: Hear the word of the Lord, you that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

from Isaiah what stands out is there saying they say “let the Lord be glorified” and then they cast you out …He will appear to your joy? He will appear a second time Unto salvation “The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tents of the righteous” …?

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not trying to hijack your thread. You post to help with Hope yea? To me the above is hopeful “The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tents of the righteous”
What that says to me “in the tents” “the voice of rejoicing and salvation is” …I don’t see literal tents but what Paul spoke of as his body the tent, a traveling tent where “the voice of rejoicing and salvation” is …for example “rejoice, I say it again, Rejoice!

Again, not to hijack your thread but Isaiah 66:5 stands out to me: Hear the word of the Lord, you that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

from Isaiah what stands out is there saying they say “let the Lord be glorified” and then they cast you out …He will appear to your joy? He will appear a second time Unto salvation “The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tents of the righteous” …?
Indeed, we have every reason to be filled with joy!

I guess I wasn't thinking that when I posted the tread--but it is indeed what I was wanting to say is missing, and why. I will make a new post here and elaborate.

Thanks!

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To come in the name of someone is to come as someone’s agent or representative.
Except that the one who comes "in the name of the Lord" is the LORD Himself! Now ain't that remarkable? And He will come at His Second Coming to fulfil what He said to the Jews.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I was feeling when I started this tread, was the sorrow that comes from realizing our dilemma--that with such a great need to hear from our God, the track record of God's people is...to reject it, and to kill those whom He sends.

Just imagine after thousands of years such disgrace that would cause the need to send someone to "make straight the way of the Lord", only to have Him and most of those He sent after Him, crucified!

Then to be told the next age--our own age--this current age, that the plan was not that we had "all truth", but that "we could not bear it" then, so the Holy Spirit would be sent to "lead us into all truth"; and that in sending the Holy Spirit Jesus had given gifts, that:

He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. Ephesians 4:11-16
Yes--even prophets. Meaning that those sent were to a big part of the means by which we were and are to be lead into the promise of "all truth." And yet we the people of God are still rejecting those sent, just as Jesus foretold:

Mark 13:9
But watch out for yourselves, for they will deliver you up to councils, and you will be beaten in the synagogues. You will be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony to them.
That is..."for a testimony to" rulers and kings...but delivered and beaten by the people of God. Yes, and we are still doing it. It has even gotten so bad that those who tickle the ears get famous, while the real servants sent by God get categorically dismissed as heretics.

And yes, there are false prophets and teachers too. Historically, four hundred to one against Elijah. And oh, if anything it has gotten worse--everyone has a platform and a website! Nonetheless, we have been left with the clear words from God that are spirit and must be spiritually discerned, and being told that we should hear what the spirit says to the churches--it is only Satan who would come against those who are actually, really sent by God.

Another thing: Yes, Elijah called down fire against the four hundred false prophets and slue them with the sword--but. But let us not forget what Jesus said speaking of the things He Himself as one sent had done:

John 14:12
Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
Greater--greater than fire from heaven, or walking on water? Yes, because what was done of old was a mere foreshadowing. What then is greater than flames of fire called down from heaven, if actual flames and fire are only a foreshadowing and what was to come would be "greater" according to Jesus? Well...the answer is also written:

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

John 4:24
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Hebrews 12:29
For our God is a consuming fire.

Hebrews 1:7
And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire.”
The prophets of old were persecuted and killed--but now the one unforgivable sin is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

Take care.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Except that the one who comes "in the name of the Lord" is the LORD Himself!

That’s not how agency works. The agent is expressly someone who is not the principal but is considered to be.

Now ain't that remarkable?

“Remarkable” isn’t the word I would use in my response, if I were going to choose a word to respond with.

And He will come at His Second Coming to fulfil what He said to the Jews.

The first coming of the Messiah (the agent) was a few years before the 1st century A.D. The second coming of the Messiah (the agent) is still yet future.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“The person sent is as the person who sends.”

(Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Abridged in One Volume, p. 69)

Apostolos (Greek) and shaliach (Hebrew) are synonymous concepts in Judaism.

Jesus of Nazareth is the Father’s apostolos / shaliach.

The person sent [Jesus, the Son] is as the person who sends [Yahweh, the Father].

Jesus isn’t the Father. Jesus isn’t Yahweh.

Jesus is as the Father. Jesus is as Yahweh.

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ASV preserves the name of God and makes this Psalm even more beautiful.

“Oh give thanks unto Jehovah; for he is good; For his lovingkindness endureth for ever. 2 Let Israel now say, That his lovingkindness endureth for ever.

3 Let the house of Aaron now say, That his lovingkindness endurethfor ever. 4 Let them now that fear Jehovah say, That his lovingkindness endureth for ever.

5 Out of my distress I called upon Jehovah: Jehovah answered me and set me in a large place. 6 Jehovah is on my side; I will not fear: What can man do unto me?

7 Jehovah is on my side among them that help me: Therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. 8 It is better to take refuge in Jehovah Than to put confidence in man.

9 It is better to take refuge in Jehovah Than to put confidence in princes. 10 All nations compassed me about: In the name of Jehovah I will cut them off.

11 They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: In the name of Jehovah I will cut them off. 12 They compassed me about like bees; They are quenched as the fire of thorns: In the name of Jehovah I will cut them off.

13 Thou didst thrust sore at me that I might fall; But Jehovah helped me. 14 Jehovah is my strength and song; And he is become my salvation.

15 The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tents of the righteous: The right hand of Jehovah doeth valiantly. 16 The right hand of Jehovah is exalted: The right hand of Jehovah doeth valiantly.

17 I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of Jehovah. 18 Jehovah hath chastened me sore; But he hath not given me over unto death.

19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will enter into them, I will give thanks unto Jehovah. 20 This is the gate of Jehovah; The righteous shall enter into it.

21 I will give thanks unto thee; for thou hast answered me, And art become my salvation. 22 The stone which the builders rejected Is become the head of the corner.

23 This is Jehovah’s doing; It is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which Jehovah hath made; We will rejoice and be glad in it.

25 Save now, we beseech thee, O Jehovah: O Jehovah, we beseech thee, send now prosperity. 26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of Jehovah: We have blessed you out of the house of Jehovah.

27 Jehovah is God, and he hath given us light: Bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar.
28 Thou art my God, and I will give thanks unto thee: Thou art my God, I will exalt thee.

29 Oh give thanks unto Jehovah; for he is good; For his lovingkindness endureth for ever.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, we have every reason to be filled with joy!

I guess I wasn't thinking that when I posted the tread--but it is indeed what I was wanting to say is missing, and why. I will make a new post here and elaborate.

Thanks!

thinking more on your topic of what “until you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.” I’ve forgotten what it means to me. Let me clarify why I say I’ve forgotten…I’ll study something that has significance to me then as time moves on I forget that study so I’m trying to recall “until you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.” To me it is not bestowing a title upon one but instead the giving of a blessing. To me the: You won’t see Me until…is a movement from as long as you curse and bless not you won’t see Christ…movement to “bless and do not curse.”
then you will see Christ.

Why I say this is because of one example I can think of: Paul going to them and their accusation of wanting proof Christ was speaking in Paul. To me they don’t see Christ speaking in Paul because of cursing as the passage lays out in the urging to “do no wrong.” Even though you don’t see Christ speaks in me ..Paul says “I trust you will know I’m not as one who fails”, even though you consider me a reprobate(a matter of perception of the the one who sees, what do they see? A reprobate ..or do they see Christ?)What I hear is a profound you ask for proof of Christ speaking in Me …but until you bless him who comes in his name in “do no wrong” and continue instead “to choose to do wrong” even though this I desire “your perfection” …you will not see Christ speaks in me. because you curse and do not bless…therefore still do not see. Paul says “not that we appear approved” but “do no wrong” even though “you see us not as approved”.

I could be wrong but could that be why you really started this thread? Being accused Christ speaks not in you? If there is remotely any truth in that is partly why you started this thread…then the question is can any prove Christ speaks in you or see Christ until they bless instead of to curse? To me and I know I do a poor job of clearly saying what I think it means … personally sometimes I want to cry, beg, plead that Christ is in Me and why do you (not you personally but when I’m hurt) why go about to hurt me? Do you not see Him? Am I not a sister? My concern though is my own motive of do I need to appear approved to validate myself or do I truly want Christ to be seen? I don’t know. Another verse is about casting the beam out of your own eye..THEN(reminds me of not seeing Christ until) (Then, until) You can see clearly your brother to help your brother remove his. To me Paul modeled this “seeing clearly” urging them Christ was in them to bless and not curse in “I trust you will know Christ speaks in us” but you will not see Christ until you do no wrong even though you now only see us reprobate, I trust you will see we are not those who fail.

again…thinking that is partly why you started this thread of killing those sent to you..
A big question then to consider “why is Christ not seen”? “Why are those sent, you kill?”…until you bless (and not curse) him who comes in His name.

I could be seriously wrong but to be blunt what I think you want is “Yes Scott, dearly beloved brother… we now see Christ speaks in you.” “We see now you haven’t been lying or insane or making things up or trying to deceive that eyes be made shut, but blessed IS Christ!” Am I way off?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thinking more on your topic of what “until you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.” I’ve forgotten what it means to me. Let me clarify why I say I’ve forgotten…I’ll study something that has significance to me then as time moves on I forget that study so I’m trying to recall “until you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.” To me it is not bestowing a title upon one but instead the giving of a blessing. To me the: You won’t see Me until…is a movement from as long as you curse and bless not you won’t see Christ…movement to “bless and do not curse.”
then you will see Christ.

Why I say this is because of one example I can think of: Paul going to them and their accusation of wanting proof Christ was speaking in Paul. To me they don’t see Christ speaking in Paul because of cursing as the passage lays out in the urging to “do no wrong.” Even though you don’t see Christ speaks in me ..Paul says “I trust you will know I’m not as one who fails”, even though you consider me a reprobate(a matter of perception of the the one who sees, what do they see? A reprobate ..or do they see Christ?)What I hear is a profound you ask for proof of Christ speaking in Me …but until you bless him who comes in his name in “do no wrong” and continue instead “to choose to do wrong” even though this I desire “your perfection” …you will not see Christ speaks in me. because you curse and do not bless…therefore still do not see. Paul says “not that we appear approved” but “do no wrong” even though “you see us not as approved”.

I could be wrong but could that be why you really started this thread? Being accused Christ speaks not in you? If there is remotely any truth in that is partly why you started this thread…then the question is can any prove Christ speaks in you or see Christ until they bless instead of to curse? To me and I know I do a poor job of clearly saying what I think it means … personally sometimes I want to cry, beg, plead that Christ is in Me and why do you (not you personally but when I’m hurt) why go about to hurt me? Do you not see Him? Am I not a sister? My concern though is my own motive of do I need to appear approved to validate myself or do I truly want Christ to be seen? I don’t know. Another verse is about casting the beam out of your own eye..THEN(reminds me of not seeing Christ until) (Then, until) You can see clearly your brother to help your brother remove his. To me Paul modeled this “seeing clearly” urging them Christ was in them to bless and not curse in “I trust you will know Christ speaks in us” but you will not see Christ until you do no wrong even though you now only see us reprobate, I trust you will see we are not those who fail.

again…thinking that is partly why you started this thread of killing those sent to you..
A big question then to consider “why is Christ not seen”? “Why are those sent, you kill?”…until you bless (and not curse) him who comes in His name.

I could be seriously wrong but to be blunt what I think you want is “Yes Scott, dearly beloved brother… we now see Christ speaks in you.” “We see now you haven’t been lying or insane or making things up or trying to deceive that eyes be made shut, but blessed IS Christ!” Am I way off?
I understand you and I will answer.

I am humbled more than enough to deny anything of or for myself, but at the same time I must be honest that I have heard from God, was caught up in the spirit, and sent by Him to a task I know I have no ability of myself to fulfill.

So, yes, I have been in that place where those before me have also been sent, which I know are as great as Moses or David or Paul, but also as unbecoming and seemingly insignificant as one who smiles when a smile is what God has called for; and it has put me in a position to feel the reason for that very thing to have been said by Christ who also suffered even more than any prophet sent by God. So, I suppose this thread is a reminder of what God's people have been guilty of regarding those who are sent, and still are, because as I can attest and as it is my witness--God's people even now are still rejecting those who are sent and the message that has been assigned them.

The present need, however, is really the motivation. Which is that following the foretold falling away and great apostacy that began with the coming of antiChrist since that time of the church's founding--what shall be done? Shall we continue to prefer the "lie" that was the cause strong delusion, propagated by those evil servants of believing that "My master is delaying his coming?" Or shall we turn from the "lie" that was told by those false teachers that were foretold and warned about?

Just as every other generation before us, we too have a choice to make...and that choice is the same as it has always been, it is the choice between life and death. God set it before Adam and Eve, Moses set it before Israel, and Jesus has set it before the church...which has failed to heed the warning. And yet it is also written and therefore I do not need to claim it of myself--which I have not done of anything, but that being "lead unto all truth" in addition to "a falling away" was also foretold.

This thread is therefore an appeal, that we should indeed see the error and turn from this great apostacy that we were taught, just as it was written of our times.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand you and I will answer.

I am humbled more than enough to deny anything of or for myself, but at the same time I must be honest that I have heard from God, was caught up in the spirit, and sent by Him to a task I know I have no ability of myself to fulfill.

So, yes, I have been in that place where those before me have also been sent, which I know are as great as Moses or David or Paul, but also as unbecoming and seemingly insignificant as one who smiles when a smile is what God has called for; and it has put me in a position to feel the reason for that very thing to have been said by Christ who also suffered even more than any prophet sent by God. So, I suppose this thread is a reminder of what God's people have been guilty of regarding those who are sent, and still are, because as I can attest and as it is my witness--God's people even now are still rejecting those who are sent and the message that has been assigned them.

The present need, however, is really the motivation. Which is that following the foretold falling away and great apostacy that began with the coming of antiChrist since that time of the church's founding--what shall be done? Shall we continue to prefer the "lie" that was the cause strong delusion, propagated by those evil servants of believing that "My master is delaying his coming?" Or shall we turn from the "lie" that was told by those false teachers that were foretold and warned about?

Just as every other generation before us, we too have a choice to make...and that choice is the same as it has always been, it is the choice between life and death. God set it before Adam and Eve, Moses set it before Israel, and Jesus has set it before the church...which has failed to heed the warning. And yet it is also written and therefore I do not need to claim it of myself--which I have not done of anything, but that being "lead unto all truth" in addition to "a falling away" was also foretold.

This thread is therefore an appeal, that we should indeed see the error and turn from this great apostacy that we were taught, just as it was written of our times.

I thought about just not responding back but you took the time to fully answer back. My thing is if I don’t be upfront with someone even if they think I’m crazy or extremely wrong, they won’t be able to address what I’m thinking for correction or help with it. In no way criticizing but I don’t feel like that answered my question but instead in a way avoided it. The topic is until you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. My point was even if you were caught up in the Spirit and sent by Him for a task…as Paul, or Moses or even as one who smiles when a smile is needful…how can Christ be seen until “you say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord”? Not meaning you, but instead as you have experienced the so-called(pun intended in regards to topic of in His name) the dirty word “spiritualize” to be avoided at all cost…yet it does make me consider believing not every spirit..

Instead of “cursed is he who comes in the name of the Lord”? I wonder if the question is avoided to keep a futuristic of what is to come in “until your say blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord”? Which to me and I’m admitting I could be completely wrong is simply what Paul spoke of: that they could not and would not see Christ speaking in Him, because they continued to curse and not bless. Powerful (Imo) is what Paul said “but I trust you will” …for a while now that has come to mean “Faith” in that which is unseen, that even as unseen whom you love, “waiting” for Christs appearance.” Paul “trusted in” had “Faith in” until Christ be formed in you. Even unseen…which to me helps and comforts aligning in why “you will (without a doubt) have need of patience”

There is the verse about bless not only those who love you, but those who hate you. To me that is what Paul is urging of them because of his asking “do you know hate me because I tell you the truth” “do no wrong, even though you consider me reprobate.” To me: you will not see Christ until you bless him who comes in his name. Is simply “bear fruit of the Spirit of God.” Where if you have seen Christ you have seen the Father; bringing forth Fruit.” To me, that is for yesterday, today, and to come.

does any of that make sense?
Why is it so important to me?
Because of my daily life?
I have Hope and want to not doubt, but instead have Faith, Patience, and “I trust you will see” in those around me…believing still God restores what is loss and brings forth something better than before. To me it is personal …in that which is unseen, you do love, and “trust” that while (yet)unseen, Christ is being formed to be seen; made manifest. Even though everything pushes back “nah. This is bad.”

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus lamented over Israel and Jerusalem who had before killed the prophets sent to them, and were also rejecting and would crucify their promised Messiah, He quoted with much regret and as if it were even a threat, a verse from Psalm 118, a prophetic psalm of David, saying:

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”​
The reason He quoted the one line of the psalm was because the whole psalm was relevant. In saying the one sentence, He was saying--showing, that all that was happening had been written before--and yes, it is true, whoever rejects what and whom the Lord sends--will not see Him, that is except in the Judgement.

2 Let Israel now say,
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
11 They surrounded me,
Yes, they surrounded me;
But the Lord helped me.
I will go through them,
21 I will praise You,
27 God is the Lord,
For His mercy endures forever.​

Do you think that those who come in the name of Jehovah today are just as blessed as those who came in His name in Jesus' day Scott?

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ ”​

2 Let Israel now say,
I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
11 They surrounded me,
Yes, they surrounded me;
But the Lord helped me.
I will go through them,
21 I will praise You,
27 God is the Lord,
For His mercy endures forever.​
It was prophetic announcement of His First Coming entrance into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, the crowd of Jews recognized Him as the Lord.
Then in Matthew 23 He gave seven woes to the Pharisees and any unbelievers. He cursed them and finished with You won't see me again until you say Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.
So here again the same prophecy repeated but for the Second Coming of Christ to Jerusalem. When every eye sees Him, they will utter these words as they did 1990 years ago on Palm Sunday. The Jews will finally receive the Lord Jesus at His Second Coming.