Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Where did you get that? From the written Word?

And He said a LOT of other things in His written Word.

No contradiction. It is clear that Satan is always attacking God's written Word.

Yes, what he has said is written in the Bible. And it all points to Him! :)

The word point to the Living Word, Jesus Christ! Isn't it marvelous? Hallelujah! :)

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That's always one of the greatest responses of fear that disables people to believe in and follow the Spirit... that you can't trust your heart... and I agree... without Christ you can't trust your heart... but as Christ says... those that believe in Him.. out of their hearts flow rivers of living water... so once again we see people denying that Christ has changed anything...

Someone else might argue well what about your mind... there's no way you can trust your mind... and you're right... without Christ you can't trust your mind... but we can trust the mind of Christ... that those who believe have... so once again we see people denying that Christ changed anything.

People think they believe Jesus because they follow man made religion... yet they reject what Jesus taught... and if we don't believe what Jesus taught we don't believe in Jesus...

I think it's a real bummer that people are saying that people are in danger because we won't believe that a book is the Word of God and the key to knowing the Father... the hypocrisy being that they're not believing what Jesus who is the Word of God is saying in the testimonies to Him about Himself being the only true key to knowing the Father...

Then people go on to say they can't trust the Spirit of God... or Christ in us... but they go on to trust men interpreting the bible to them... and in doing so they trust corruptible man over the incorruptible God... I'd trust the Holy Spirit over the smartest theologian on the planet... but you know... in the last days they heap up for themselves teachers... and they learn and learn and learn without ever coming to the truth... the truth is Christ alone... He is the way...

So come to Him... and let the dead be buried with their dead religion...

Reactions: Fire-7

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Amen Robbie!

It is amazing how we can fool ourselves! People will come telling us we can't trust ourselves, and yet they trust that WE can interpret the Bible.

The key is Christ, and I would say that includes putting on his character; if we remain humble and broken, looking to God and trusting in him, he will not betray us or let us down! The Almighty God will come to the rescue of those who look to Him with a contrite heart.

THAT is how you don't trust yourself, but rather trust the Lord.

If we say we trust a book, ink and paper, we really just trust OURSELVES with the book, and our interpretation of it. We must completely deny our selves and in all humility surrender ourselves to Christ for his leading. Then he will indeed open our understanding to the scriptures!

Our eyes are to be on Him!

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

A natural man reading the Bible does nothing unless the Spirit awakens him.

Perhaps I'm not understanding the point you are trying to make, here.

That says nothing to support the idea that Christians do not need the Bible. It supports the idea that humans need the Holy Spirit to understand it.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I can't help but wonder why there is such debate raging over Jesus versus the Bible? I mean, seriously? Quite obviously the book itself is not God. Quite obviously a person can be saved and have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them without having access to the book. But why must so many push the book away? Did not God give it to us just as He gave His Son? The Bible may not be what saves us, but it gives us so much information of the one who does! Surely those of us that have the Holy Spirit within us feel a rejoicing when we read scripture? We feel that resonating of truth as we read praises to God...affirmations of Jesus as the Christ!
The Bible is a love letter to us from our God! How can we not treasure it and read it? How can we not use it to learn of God and His interactions with His people down through the years? Surely we must see that if God has given it to us, it is to be used for and to His glory?

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... and the biggest hypocrisy is people who say the Spirit of God in you can't be trusted and then they go on to follow another man's understanding... they follow pastors who interpret to people such things as, "Don't lean on your own understanding but trust in the Lord with all your heart" to mean something like, "Don't lean on your own understanding but trust in my interpretation of the bible with all your heart" haha

So in other words they are saying, "Don't lean on your understanding.. lean on mine" haha... No thanks... I'll not lean on my understanding but trust in the Lord... which means I'll lean on the understanding of Christ in me... and if He isn't in me I better seek Him... because without Him in me I'm not His...

And no Ducky... those who don't follow Jesus are deceived by satan... and as we continue to proclaim the teaching of Jesus you continue to reject them because they don't agree with your religion... so you need to realize you're the one that's in danger...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Perhaps I'm not understanding the point you are trying to make, here.

That says nothing to support the idea that Christians do not need the Bible. It supports the idea that humans need the Holy Spirit to understand it.

Yes! If the Holy Spirit is the one who makes you understand things, then isn't he the one you are actually following and being taught by? We are led of the Spirit. The Bible is a great tool through which the Spirit can teach us. But the Spirit is not handicapped, he can teach us something directly. The Bible is also greatly usefull to the Lord to confirm to us what he is showing us.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I'm not saying anything you're saying about the bible Rach so I don't really know where you get that from and nobody is pushing the book away... I'm just not making the book God and I'm rejecting that without the book God can't speak to us... which you seem to agree with...

Do I think the written testimonies are good for correction? Yes...

Do I think the written testimonies are good to point people to Jesus? Yes...

Do I think the first testimonies both that are written and were spoken were the beginning of the word going out which is why we believe in the Word? Yes...

Do I read those testimonies pretty much every day? Yes...

Do I think that those testimonies were the Word in the beginning that were with God and were God? No... I believe Jesus Is

Do I believe that the One sitting on the horse in the Revelation of Jesus Christ Who's name is the Word of God is a book? No... I believe He is Jesus...

Do I think the only way to the Father is through a book? No... I believe it's through Jesus...

This is where the division is... the division is whether Christ changes anything on the cross... do we still know about God through the written word... or do we now know God through His Living Word in us Who is Jesus... Christ in us...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yeah... and the biggest hypocrisy is people who say the Spirit of God in you can't be trusted and then they go on to follow another man's understanding... they follow pastors who interpret to people such things as, "Don't lean on your own understanding but trust in the Lord with all your heart" to mean something like, "Don't lean on your own understanding but trust in my interpretation of the bible with all your heart" haha

So in other words they are saying, "Don't lean on your understanding.. lean on mine" haha... No thanks... I'll not lean on my understanding but trust in the Lord... which means I'll lean on the understanding of Christ in me... and if He isn't in me I better seek Him... because without Him in me I'm not His...

And no Ducky... those who don't follow Jesus are deceived by satan... and as we continue to proclaim the teaching of Jesus you continue to reject them because they don't agree with your religion... so you need to realize you're the one that's in danger...

I agree Robbie. Here's a doozie that hit me like a ton of bricks once... I was reading 1st John and the Lord just opened my understanding on this. I had read it before, but I never understood it like this.

[sup]1 John 2:26[/sup] These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you. [sup]27[/sup] But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will[sup][e][/sup] abide in Him.

It's an amazing passage! It is Christ in us who teachs us. That anointing is in the body, so it is also in our brothers and sisters! What we must learn is to abide in Him! The Spirit teaches us that...

I'm not saying anything you're saying about the bible Rach so I don't really know where you get that from and nobody is pushing the book away... I'm just not making the book God and I'm rejecting that without the book God can't speak to us... which you seem to agree with...

Do I think the written testimonies are good for correction? Yes...

Do I think the written testimonies are good to point people to Jesus? Yes...

Do I think the first testimonies both that are written and were spoken were the beginning of the word going out which is why we believe in the Word? Yes...

Do I read those testimonies pretty much every day? Yes...

Do I think that those testimonies were the Word in the beginning that were with God and were God? No... I believe Jesus Is

Do I believe that the One sitting on the horse in the Revelation of Jesus Christ Who's name is the Word of God is a book? No... I believe He is Jesus...

Do I think the only way to the Father is through a book? No... I believe it's through Jesus...

This is where the division is... the division is whether Christ changes anything on the cross... do we still know about God through the written word... or do we now know God through His Living Word in us Who is Jesus... Christ in us...

I second that... Amen.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah Prentis... I'm glad you hear what you read...

Otherwise John must have been following satan because he obviously wasn't following the written New Testament since John writing about the anointing teaching them being how they abide in Jesus was before the New Testament was compiled... haha

And yeah... I can hear that clearly... and I believe it... we have One Teacher... and His name is Jesus... and He is in His... and the Father is in Him... and because of that anointing we are taught by God... when we read the bible we are taught by Him... when we walk down the street we are taught by Him... from the time we wake up until the time we fall asleep we are taught by Him... even sometimes we are taught by Him in our dreams... He is the way...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yeah Prentis... I'm glad you hear what you read...

Otherwise John must have been following satan because he obviously wasn't following the written New Testament since John writing about the anointing teaching them being how they abide in Jesus was before the New Testament was compiled... haha

And yeah... I can hear that clearly... and I believe it... we have One Teacher... and His name is Jesus... and He is in His... and the Father is in Him... and because of that anointing we are taught by God... when we read the bible we are taught by Him... when we walk down the street we are taught by Him... from the time we wake up until the time we fall asleep we are taught by Him... even sometimes we are taught by Him in our dreams... He is the way...

Yes! Christ teaches us in all things and through all things! That is why it is not like religion; it's not a few hours a week... It's his life in us, all the time!

ALL things work for the good of those who love Him!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... that's the revelation the Lord gave me through the parable of the tree and the branches... a branch doesn't break off from the tree and reconnect on Sunday and maybe on Wednesday or maybe at best for a bit of time each day... a branch is connected to the tree 24 hours a day 7 days a week and never separates itself from the tree because it understands that without receiving it's life from the tree non stop it shrivels up and dies and will never bare fruit... the only way to bare fruit is to stay in a constant connection to Christ through His Spirit living in us constantly... it will never be obtained through walking into a building or reading a book... because the connection has to be constant... and never ending...

Thanks for the fellowship Prentis... it's very refreshing to have someone testify to the Way, the Truth, and the Life... the only Way to the Father...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Yeah... that's the revelation the Lord gave me through the parable of the tree and the branches... a branch doesn't break off from the tree and reconnect on Sunday and maybe on Wednesday or maybe at best for a bit of time each day... a branch is connected to the tree 24 hours a day 7 days a week and never separates itself from the tree because it understands that without receiving it's life from the tree non stop it shrivels up and dies and will never bare fruit... the only way to bare fruit is to stay in a constant connection to Christ through His Spirit living in us constantly... it will never be obtained through walking into a building or reading a book... because the connection has to be constant... and never ending...

Thanks for the fellowship Prentis... it's very refreshing to have someone testify to the Way, the Truth, and the Life... the only Way to the Father...

Amen brother!

And thanks for the fellowship also... It's a blessing!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I knew it would come down to this. 'We who follow the Bible are the one's in danger'. That is from Satan.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
No... those who don't follow Jesus are in danger... you can read the bible all you want... but if your interpretation of the scriptures cause you to reject Christ the way the Pharisees did then you are in danger... and this is what will happen if you don't make Christ your foundation... and His Spirit your eyes and ears... without the Spirit you are both deaf and blind... and without Jesus in you.. you're not His...