Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phillip

Jan 2, 2012
And as much as I want to know God and be His closest friend, I feel that He doesn't really want to get to know me, but is just out to play mind games with me.

And so also will He honor that role you have pre-determined of Him toward yourself in your imagination. As you imagine Him to be, so will you respond according to your imagination. He willl honor your decision of Him and will grant you that which you have determined is your just desserts as a result. Which holds what for reward for you?

However, a humble heart will seek out the Mind of the Lord, to know His goodness and mercy and forgiveness and empowering to become a son of God. And that person will receive their corresponding reward of their faith of Him who is the Father of all good gifts from above.

Peace

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
God is love.

Yes indeed, Hallelujah, Helmet, God is Love.

And so also will He honor that role you have pre-determined of Him toward yourself in your imagination. As you imagine Him to be, so will you respond according to your imagination. He willl honor your decision of Him and will grant you that which you have determined is your just desserts as a result. Which holds what for reward for you?

However, a humble heart will seek out the Mind of the Lord, to know His goodness and mercy and forgiveness and empowering to become a son of God. And that person will receive their corresponding reward of their faith of Him who is the Father of all good gifts from above.

Peace

For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: "That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged."* Romans 3:3&4

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
The bible says God is good. It does not say He is mean. If we see God as mean we have not judged Him properly. We need to look at both sides of the coin. In heaven our understanding will be increased. If God had anything to hide He would rather make us dumber don't you think?

Buzzfruit said:
Let me ask you this. If a person were to ask you what is the fate of all those pagan Nations that God had commanded the Israelites to drive out or killed, what would you tell that person? Your answer will determine if you know God's basic plan or not.
:) A popular question. I would tell them to consider Nineveh, Sodom and Gomorrah. All non-Jewish cities. God reached out to them all! Only Nineveh repented, made right with God and was spared.