Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
I was going to use a more philosophical, intellectual title to address this matter, but the bible itself says of itself that it is so simple that a fool shouldn't err. So, like a child, I'm keeping it simple, because there really is no other way to put it.

I was born and raised in the pentecostal church. I no longer claim Christianity, but in my search for knowing God, I still listen to sermons. The sermons I listen to are usually by black hellfire and brimstone preachers, because that;s what I'm most familiar with. I don't know if you're familiar with a man named G Craig Lewis. But if you are, then you have an idea of the type of ministers I listen to. What I honestly have a hard time understanding is why it feels to me that God is hell-bent on sending me to hell?

You might think that I'm exaggerating when I make this statement, but I am by no means being overdramatic. I try very hard to believe that when these preachers say "God loves you but hates your sin," that they mean it. I try with everything within me to believe that these people really love me. But I have to be honest. I have never felt love coming from these preachers. I always feel that they are just saying what they have been taught to say, if they aren't just in it for the show. I do believe that some of them are genuine and sincere. But you can also be sincerely wrong.

even all of these testimonies I have ben hearing over the years of people who died and went to hell, and were brought back to tell about it. I listen closely, and what I gather is that it is very hard to make it into Heaven. And I don;t undertand if God really wants people in Heaven, why He made it so hard to get in. It just doesn't seem right. It seems to me like He plays favorites. But why create people just to throw them in hell. It's almost like He enjoys it. Even many preacher talk as if they're glad there is a hell and glad you're going. It's like if you don't live up to THEIR standard (personal hidden agenda), you can't do anything right, and for that you ARE going to hell. I also don;t understand why God is so hard on homosexuals when He created the very biology that made them that way. And don;t tell me that they weren't born that way, because I am one.

Unless you have seen things through, of course, you cannot fully understand where I'm coming from, and most of this is just hot air to you. And this is another thing; Christians are poor listeners and bad at understanding. They just love to judge others so they can (secretly... and often unconsciously)feel better about themselves. I know this because I've spent my lifetime (29 years) around them. I've seen Christians of every kind, so I know what I'm talking about. But I would literally be here for a couple of days describing to you all of the contradictions I have observed throughout this exclusive belief system.

And as much as I want to know God and be His closest friend, I feel that He doesn't really want to get to know me, but is just out to play mind games with me. I'm not being irreverent or sacrilerious: I'm just being honest. It makes me not feel like praying, even though I want to. It makes me not want to read the bible, because it's full of contradictions (and don't tell me there aren't, when they are very blatant). God just seems, to me, to be the cruelest, most cold blooded, hard hearted, unforgiving, stone faced, dominating, ruthless, non caring, bi-polar, sadistic, spiteful, wicked terrorist of all time.

Have you seen this recent testimony of a girl, Angelica Zambrano, who claims to have gone to hell for 23 hours and saw Selena Quintanilla, Michael Jackson, and children in hell?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZFI7R4ZxKQ&feature=related

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fire I am glad you are back!

I've missed your posts
smile.gif

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
You might be one of the rare good ones in your congregation Fire-7 sometimes you just can't sugarcoat the message of obedience and punishment. Certain men are made to sharpen eachother and it can be hard to show genuine love for eachother sometimes. Try to work at it, maybe go in and see one of the preachers on an off day the bible tells us to look for the kingdom as if it were hidden treasure and you will find good things and you will be delighted. From the preachers point of view some of the people are just terrible houses of up to 50 unclean spirits talking in different voices stabbing eachother in the back using church like a place to spread gossip. I could go on about how wretched and fraudulent some of these "people" are but there are much better things to focus on in church.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isn't fire a homosexual? So Aspen, why do you have so many unChristian friends?

"A friend of the world is the enemy of God."

Hey - that is exactly what the Pharisees accused Jesus of!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Hey - that is exactly what the Pharisees accused Jesus of!
Stop defending homosexuals Aspen. They are headed for Hell, with those who defend them.

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[sup]b[/sup] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop defending homosexuals Aspen. They are headed for Hell, with those who defend them.

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[sup]b[/sup] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality

SIMMER DOWN!

Call off the dogs.......I said hello and I miss your posts.....

It did not involve sex or a vote to support gay anything......

You really have a problem Ducky - get a life.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
SIMMER DOWN!

Call off the dogs.......I said hello and I miss your posts.....

It did not involve sex or a vote to support gay anything......

You really have a problem Ducky - get a life.
YOU are the one supporting YOUR homosexual friends.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YOU are the one supporting YOUR homosexual friends.

YOU are attacking me for being civil.

YOU need to take it to Jesus - you know, the guy who eat with sinners and ask God to forgive the people who were murdering Him because 'they know not what they do'

Check yourself.

By the way, your attacks are actually answering the OP. God appears mean when He is represented by cruel people.

I am not sure how you can be so merciful about the death penalty and so cruel to people you consider greater sinners than yourself.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
YOU are attacking me for being civil.
No, I'm not attacking you, just your unGodly doctrine.
YOU need to take it to Jesus - you know, the guy who eat with sinners and ask God to forgive the people who were murdering Him because 'they know not what they do'

Check yourself.
No, the "guy" who said 'a friend of the world is the enemy of God'.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm not attacking you, just your unGodly doctrine.

No, the "guy" who said 'a friend of the world is the enemy of God'.

How is saying hi to someone being a friend to the world?

Luke 15:2
But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're being dishonest Aspen. You said you have "CLOSE" homosexual friends. Stop lying to yourself and us.

Luke 15:2
But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
[font="tahoma][font="Verdana][b][url="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+15:2&version=31"]Luke 15:2[/url][/b]
But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”[/font] [/font]

"A friend of the world is the ENEMY of God." Homosexuals are of "the world".

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

Fire-7, there are many groups who proclaim they have the truth. There are many who proclaim that they have witnessed the supernatural. I don't know who that person was in the video, I can assure right now, God alone decides where to send people. Mat_10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You asked that you wish to know Truth. I can tell you what Truth is. Truth is based on Scripture ALONE, and is NOT contradicted by Scripture! If it is contradicted by Scripture and cannot logically explain the contradiction, then either the Bible is wrong, or the doctrine is wrong. Stop listening to the voices of others and listen to God. Read his Word and find out for yourself about him. Don't just listen to people yabbing away. I can take the Scriptures and wind up all different ways to be saved, but Jesus said there is ONE way. I'll tell you how I can do it? By just looking at a few verses, not the whole lot! Many people claim Scriptural back-up, true, but does the WHOLE Scripture back them up? No. Find out for yourself. Read yourself. Ask questions and most of all, pray. Ask him to show you.

You said, Why is God so mean? He can be whatever you wish him to be. God manifest himself in flesh to save you, however, if you do not accept what he has done and follow him, the very same saviour will be your judge. Joh_12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I was going to use a more philosophical, intellectual title to address this matter, but the bible itself says of itself that it is so simple that a fool shouldn't err. So, like a child, I'm keeping it simple, because there really is no other way to put it.

I was born and raised in the pentecostal church. I no longer claim Christianity, but in my search for knowing God, I still listen to sermons. The sermons I listen to are usually by black hellfire and brimstone preachers, because that;s what I'm most familiar with. I don't know if you're familiar with a man named G Craig Lewis. But if you are, then you have an idea of the type of ministers I listen to. What I honestly have a hard time understanding is why it feels to me that God is hell-bent on sending me to hell?

You might think that I'm exaggerating when I make this statement, but I am by no means being overdramatic. I try very hard to believe that when these preachers say "God loves you but hates your sin," that they mean it. I try with everything within me to believe that these people really love me. But I have to be honest. I have never felt love coming from these preachers. I always feel that they are just saying what they have been taught to say, if they aren't just in it for the show. I do believe that some of them are genuine and sincere. But you can also be sincerely wrong.

even all of these testimonies I have ben hearing over the years of people who died and went to hell, and were brought back to tell about it. I listen closely, and what I gather is that it is very hard to make it into Heaven. And I don;t undertand if God really wants people in Heaven, why He made it so hard to get in. It just doesn't seem right. It seems to me like He plays favorites. But why create people just to throw them in hell. It's almost like He enjoys it. Even many preacher talk as if they're glad there is a hell and glad you're going. It's like if you don't live up to THEIR standard (personal hidden agenda), you can't do anything right, and for that you ARE going to hell. I also don;t understand why God is so hard on homosexuals when He created the very biology that made them that way. And don;t tell me that they weren't born that way, because I am one.

Unless you have seen things through, of course, you cannot fully understand where I'm coming from, and most of this is just hot air to you. And this is another thing; Christians are poor listeners and bad at understanding. They just love to judge others so they can (secretly... and often unconsciously)feel better about themselves. I know this because I've spent my lifetime (29 years) around them. I've seen Christians of every kind, so I know what I'm talking about. But I would literally be here for a couple of days describing to you all of the contradictions I have observed throughout this exclusive belief system.

And as much as I want to know God and be His closest friend, I feel that He doesn't really want to get to know me, but is just out to play mind games with me. I'm not being irreverent or sacrilerious: I'm just being honest. It makes me not feel like praying, even though I want to. It makes me not want to read the bible, because it's full of contradictions (and don't tell me there aren't, when they are very blatant). God just seems, to me, to be the cruelest, most cold blooded, hard hearted, unforgiving, stone faced, dominating, ruthless, non caring, bi-polar, sadistic, spiteful, wicked terrorist of all time.

Have you seen this recent testimony of a girl, Angelica Zambrano, who claims to have gone to hell for 23 hours and saw Selena Quintanilla, Michael Jackson, and children in hell?
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Look, here's the thing. Heaven is God's house. It's HIS place. He has given us so many opportunities to accept His offer of going there. He even allowed His own Son to be killed by us, so that we could go there. His Bible is full of warnings for us, entreats to us. So many times has God said to us "repent...repent...repent! Repent and believe before it's too late!" So if we refuse the conditions to enter HIS house...how can that in any way be seen as God being mean and wanting us all to go to Hell?
What it does mean Fire, is that people are blind and stubborn, wanting to persist in their own sins, their own lifestyles, their own beliefs of what is right and wrong. Every single one of us is born sinful; be it a pride problem, an honesty problem or a sexual problem. Sin is a part of our nature, from birth...but this is by no means a reason to accept such a sinful nature as normal, natural and acceptable to God. I mean this with all love, praying and hoping that you will have your heart and mind opened to see the truth...but people go to hell because they make the choice. They think they have the right to label God's rules unfair and mean, seemingly forgetting that He is GOD...the maker of everything. It is His right, no others, to make rules, to make decisions. Every single one of us rebelled against Him and deserve hell. Yup...deserve it. We know God is not mean, that He is loving, because despite us deserving it, He allowed His own Son to be murdered, so that we may have the chance to go to heaven.
That's what the gospel comes down to. I'm sorry some have made you feel bitter about God, but if you truly want to know who He is...read the bible yourself...and for goodness sake, find a preacher/pastor who does the same thing. There are many good men out there who only preach the word and only for the benefit of the gospel. You need to stop trying to defend the fact that you're gay and look past that. My sins are just as bad and pervasive, but I can fight them because I realise that they put me at odds with God. It's ONLY with His help that I have any chance what so ever, of putting them behind me. You seem so keen to defend your sexual preference and using it as a reason that God is 'mean', that you are missing the wonder of what God is really offering you. Freedom, peace, cleansing and an eternity with Him!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Love your honesty Fire... way better to confess that you're not really believing and having trouble understanding than to act like you do when you really don't...

Keep being honest with God...

I personally can relate to you because I've had many of those some accusations against God pop into my own head... and I to see that the bible contradicts itself... but Jesus to me is a perfect picture of Love... and He's my foundation... if I built my relationship with God on the bible... or christianity... or anything other than knowing Jesus I would have written God off long ago...

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Love your honesty Fire... way better to confess that you're not really believing and having trouble understanding than to act like you do when you really don't...

Keep being honest with God...

I personally can relate to you because I've had many of those some accusations against God pop into my own head... and I to see that the bible contradicts itself... but Jesus to me is a perfect picture of Love... and He's my foundation... if I built my relationship with God on the bible... or christianity... or anything other than knowing Jesus I would have written God off long ago...

Robbie, if the Bible contradicts itself, please tell me which is wrong: you or the Bible? You see, if the Bible contradicts itself, it cannot be trusted as the Word of God. If that is the case, how can we really know Jesus, since the Bible's entire message is about Jesus? If you cannot stand on the Bible, you have no foundation whatsoever! The moment you say the Bible cannot be trusted, you have just removed any possible support for yourself. From experience, if the Bible 'contradicts' it is more than probable that we are looking at it from the wrong perspective. The Bible cannot contradict or it is not trustworthy and therefore we are all lost, since we cannot be sure which parts of the Bible are trustworthy!