Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
It is truly sad that there aren't MANY in here defending God's Holy Word from these attacks against it in the name of religion. Very sad.

ron

Aug 15, 2011
True indeed. The defense comes by pointing out Satan's attacks on God's Word so that others don't get ensnared also, as the attackers have been ensnared.

I am glad we are not saved by doctrine - aren't you Ducky? If we were, we would all be Hell-bound.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I am glad we are not saved by doctrine - aren't you Ducky? If we were, we would all be Hell-bound.
God gave us the Bible to be believed and obeyed. Those who do are not 'Hell-bound'. The Bible is filled with doctrine.

Including the doctrine of Jesus Christ.

ron

Aug 15, 2011
Doctrinal errors are not going to damn a person; focusing more on the mechanics and externals of doctrine rather than on a heart change is going to damn people, whether they are dead right or dead wrong. People who cling to the Bible and doctrine like a transitional object / idol / 'blankie" are missing the whole meaning of religion and scripture! Learning to tie your shoe is a useless skill for marathon running if you do not use it to operate a shoe lace and actually run the race. You can defend the purpose and practical design of the shoe lace all day long, but it is like a clanging gong without taking the next step of application.

Many people get application of God's Word confused with indoctrination of others. Application of God's Word results in love - indoctrination results in bondage and empty religion.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Doctrinal errors are not going to damn a person;
Sure will. All who deny Jesus/God are antiChrists.

1 John 2:22-23 (NKJV)
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

1 John 4:2-3 (NKJV)
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

And those who chop up God's Word to please themselves will also be 'damned' forever.

Revelation 22:19 (NKJV)
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Doctrine indeed will decide salvation.

ron

Aug 15, 2011
Sure will. All who deny Jesus/God are antiChrists.

1 John 2:22-23 (NKJV)
22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

1 John 4:2-3 (NKJV)
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

And those who chop up God's Word to please themselves will also be 'damned' forever.

Revelation 22:19 (NKJV)
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Doctrine indeed will decide salvation.

Denying Christ is different from knowing doctrine. People will be saved without reading the Bible or even entering church. People who have heard of Christ and believe He is God and spend there lives practicing His love will be saved. It doesn't take an armchair theologian to be saved. There will be no test at the gates of Heaven.

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
>>Doctrine indeed will decide salvation.

>>People who have heard of Christ and believe He is God and spend there lives practicing His love will be saved.

Actually, neither are correct. Doctrine does not save; only belief in Christ our Lord and Savior will save us from eternal damnation. And practicing his love is something we should do, but only by faith in God and His Son are we actually saved.

John 3:16 - For hGod so loved ithe world,9 jthat he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not kperish but have eternal life.
Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Denying Christ is different from knowing doctrine.
You wouldn't know about Jesus/God without Bible doctrine. That's why you cannot keep from quoting what the Bible says about Jesus. You do it over and over. The Bible is God's written Word.
People will be saved without reading the Bible or even entering church.
I don't doubt that, but we have Bibles and will be held accountable for what is written in the Bible.
People who have heard of Christ and believe He is God and spend there lives practicing His love will be saved. It doesn't take an armchair theologian to be saved. There will be no test at the gates of Heaven.
The Bible is filled with doctrine. Jesus said if we do not obey His Words we will not enter His Kingdom. Many who TRULY believe in Jesus will burn in Hell forever.

Matthew 7:21-22 (NKJV)
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

Matthew 7:24-27 (NKJV)
24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

We will be judged by God's Word, Bible doctrine. I.E.

Luke 6:46-49 (NKJV)
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say? 47 Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock. 49 But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell. And the ruin of that house was great."

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I disagree with the part about many who TRULY believe in Jesus will burn in hell. But we really are on the same page. Jesus said if you say you love me and keep not my sayings (which are in the Bible ) you are a liar. Thus, they don't really love Jesus.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Well I disagree with the part about many who TRULY believe in Jesus will burn in hell. But we really are on the same page. Jesus said if you say you love me and keep not my sayings (which are in the Bible ) you are a liar. Thus, they don't really love Jesus.
These don't believe?

Matthew 7:21-22 (NKJV)
22 Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

Thanks for sharing.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble! James 2:19

Are you saying they will be in Heaven?

calbhach

Feb 16, 2011
I wrote this post in another thread, but I'm going to quote it for everyone to read here as well:

When I went to the Youth Evangelism Conference in Oklahoma City this year, the preacher who gave the massage described “belief” kind of like this:

God's Word says that all who believe in Him shall have everlasting life, right?

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Well, if the literal meaning of this true, then all people--humans, angels and demons alike--who believe in God's existence will be saved. In this instance, even Satan himself would be saved, because he believes that Jesus died on the cross to save people from their sins, even though he despises it. However, we all know that Satan will NOT be saved in the end. He's going to be cast into the fire.

Revelation 20:10 - And the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

This must mean, then, that there is a deeper meaning of belief. Not only to believe that He exists and what he did for us, but also to acknowledge Him with love and respect, and to have faith that His Word is pure, holy and true.

I guess, then, there are two kinds of belief. One is a believe that something exists, and the other is a faith that that entity will do (and have actually done) what they proclaim.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrote this post in another thread, but I'm going to quote it for everyone to read here as well:

I loved your post the first time and I love it now!

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
The meanning of Jh. 3:16 is that God so loved the world (orderly arrangment) that He sent His Son to restore the original orderly arrangment. It wasn't about anything else, because if in order, all else functions properly. Most don't want order because they don't want to be accountable to anyone. Yea, I hear you , It's just me and Jesus. God will not operate outside His order! Dry? now you know why.