Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
God can seem mean some times because His ways are higher than ours. But God is love and is not capable of being mean.It is our own warped view of Him that sees Him as being mean.. The more we know Him and spend time with Him, the less likely we are to see Him as being mean. He is love with no meaness in Him.

Reactions: KingJ and justaname

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
God can seem mean some times because His ways are higher than ours. But God is love and is not capable of being mean.It is our own warped view of Him that sees Him as being mean.. The more we know Him and spend time with Him, the less likely we are to see Him as being mean. He is love with no meaness in Him.

Indeed, God is love. :)

But in this we must not forget he is severe. Loving, but severe. 'consider both the goodness and the severity of God'!

It is important if we will be sober and wise.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A

When God seems to be mean it is because people don't know what He is doing. But when you understand God and know what He is doing it will never enter your mind that He is mean.

qwerty

Dec 13, 2011
Fire-7, there are many groups who proclaim they have the truth. There are many who proclaim that they have witnessed the supernatural. I don't know who that person was in the video, I can assure right now, God alone decides where to send people. Mat_10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

You asked that you wish to know Truth. I can tell you what Truth is. Truth is based on Scripture ALONE, and is NOT contradicted by Scripture! If it is contradicted by Scripture and cannot logically explain the contradiction, then either the Bible is wrong, or the doctrine is wrong. Stop listening to the voices of others and listen to God. Read his Word and find out for yourself about him. Don't just listen to people yabbing away. I can take the Scriptures and wind up all different ways to be saved, but Jesus said there is ONE way. I'll tell you how I can do it? By just looking at a few verses, not the whole lot! Many people claim Scriptural back-up, true, but does the WHOLE Scripture back them up? No. Find out for yourself. Read yourself. Ask questions and most of all, pray. Ask him to show you.

You said, Why is God so mean? He can be whatever you wish him to be. God manifest himself in flesh to save you, however, if you do not accept what he has done and follow him, the very same saviour will be your judge. Joh_12:4

Yes but hoe do we know the bible is real?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God seems to be mean it is because people don't know what He is doing. But when you understand God and know what He is doing it will never enter your mind that He is mean.

Based on our viewpoint of God seemingly being mean, it should cross our minds - if it doesn't and we just overlook it or pretend that it is good, we are guilty of betraying the morality God gave us.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Based on our viewpoint of God seemingly being mean, it should cross our minds - if it doesn't and we just overlook it or pretend that it is good, we are guilty of betraying the morality God gave us.

Let me ask you this. If a person were to ask you what is the fate of all those pagan Nations that God had commanded the Israelites to drive out or killed, what would you tell that person? Your answer will determine if you know God's basic plan or not.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you this. If a person were to ask you what is the fate of all those pagan Nations that God had commanded the Israelites to drive out or killed, what would you tell that person? Your answer will determine if you know God's basic plan or not.

I have no problem answering you question, but I refuse your judgment about whether I measure up to your opinion of 'God's basic plan'.

The OT is filled with Nationalism attributed to God; the destruction of the Pagan nations by the Israelites is a prime example.

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Yes but hoe do we know the bible is real?

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1Co 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1Co 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
1Co 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
1Co 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
1Co 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
1Co 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
1Co 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1Co 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1Co 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
1Co 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
1Co 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
1Co 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
1Co 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

The answer is a simple little word called FAITH. Just like the evolutionist has faith that somehow that blob of gelatin became a living human being over billions of years of death.

qwerty

Dec 13, 2011
ok but what if my i doubt my faith sometimes(i.e. DO i really believe this?) isn't that wrong?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok but what if my i doubt my faith sometimes(i.e. DO i really believe this?) isn't that wrong?

No. Doubt often leads to growth. An unexamined life is not worth living.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Just take it to Jesus and He will help you straighten it out just like He did with Thomas. I think it is much worse to be in denial or ignore our doubts and avoid dealing with them.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
I have no problem answering you question, but I refuse your judgment about whether I measure up to your opinion of 'God's basic plan'.

The OT is filled with Nationalism attributed to God; the destruction of the Pagan nations by the Israelites is a prime example.

You still did not answer my question.....unless of course that is your answer. And a lack of knowledge is not a sin nor does it mean that I am condenming you. It just means you don't know. So there is really no shame in not knowing only in insisting on being ignorant.

qwerty

Dec 13, 2011
No. Doubt often leads to growth. An unexamined life is not worth living.
Just take it to Jesus and He will help you straighten it out just like He did with Thomas. I think it is much worse to be in denial or ignore our doubts and avoid dealing with them.

yes but it seems hopeless i cant find much answers to my doubts and in between im sinning and...its a mess.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Again take it to Jesus and He will help you eliminate your doubts and increase your faith and trust in Him. do not struggle with trying to walk like Him, just get your hand in His and walk with Him. He knows all your faults and weaknesses and is not put off by them, so just be honest, don't try to hide anything from Him and He will work it all out by the power of HolySpirit.

christs-love

Sep 23, 2011
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to use a more philosophical, intellectual title to address this matter, but the bible itself says of itself that it is so simple that a fool shouldn't err. So, like a child, I'm keeping it simple, because there really is no other way to put it.

I was born and raised in the pentecostal church. I no longer claim Christianity, but in my search for knowing God, I still listen to sermons. The sermons I listen to are usually by black hellfire and brimstone preachers, because that;s what I'm most familiar with. I don't know if you're familiar with a man named G Craig Lewis. But if you are, then you have an idea of the type of ministers I listen to. What I honestly have a hard time understanding is why it feels to me that God is hell-bent on sending me to hell?

You might think that I'm exaggerating when I make this statement, but I am by no means being overdramatic. I try very hard to believe that when these preachers say "God loves you but hates your sin," that they mean it. I try with everything within me to believe that these people really love me. But I have to be honest. I have never felt love coming from these preachers. I always feel that they are just saying what they have been taught to say, if they aren't just in it for the show. I do believe that some of them are genuine and sincere. But you can also be sincerely wrong.

even all of these testimonies I have ben hearing over the years of people who died and went to hell, and were brought back to tell about it. I listen closely, and what I gather is that it is very hard to make it into Heaven. And I don;t undertand if God really wants people in Heaven, why He made it so hard to get in. It just doesn't seem right. It seems to me like He plays favorites. But why create people just to throw them in hell. It's almost like He enjoys it. Even many preacher talk as if they're glad there is a hell and glad you're going. It's like if you don't live up to THEIR standard (personal hidden agenda), you can't do anything right, and for that you ARE going to hell. I also don;t understand why God is so hard on homosexuals when He created the very biology that made them that way. And don;t tell me that they weren't born that way, because I am one.

Unless you have seen things through, of course, you cannot fully understand where I'm coming from, and most of this is just hot air to you. And this is another thing; Christians are poor listeners and bad at understanding. They just love to judge others so they can (secretly... and often unconsciously)feel better about themselves. I know this because I've spent my lifetime (29 years) around them. I've seen Christians of every kind, so I know what I'm talking about. But I would literally be here for a couple of days describing to you all of the contradictions I have observed throughout this exclusive belief system.

And as much as I want to know God and be His closest friend, I feel that He doesn't really want to get to know me, but is just out to play mind games with me. I'm not being irreverent or sacrilerious: I'm just being honest. It makes me not feel like praying, even though I want to. It makes me not want to read the bible, because it's full of contradictions (and don't tell me there aren't, when they are very blatant). God just seems, to me, to be the cruelest, most cold blooded, hard hearted, unforgiving, stone faced, dominating, ruthless, non caring, bi-polar, sadistic, spiteful, wicked terrorist of all time.

Have you seen this recent testimony of a girl, Angelica Zambrano, who claims to have gone to hell for 23 hours and saw Selena Quintanilla, Michael Jackson, and children in hell?

To Fire-7, Jesus Christ has told me,tell him I love you.

qwerty

Dec 13, 2011
doe
I am assuming you mean the Bible. As many as you can get your hands on and study it often. It is the most important book ever. It's the ONLY book that tells you why you were born…..what is the purpose for your existence.

do other religions have books like this(that tell them there purpose)?