Why is God So Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robbie, how old are you?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
my belief is that the life of Jesus before dying on the cross is a perfect revelation of the Father and when He speaks it is God speaking...
Sorry Robbie, but all of that was written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, not by God. Now you're believing men instead of God. You're contradicting yourself.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
haha... seriously... the saddest thing is you guys don't even realize you're following the same pattern as the Pharisees... starting like you're just interested in reasoning and then eventually turning to manipulating and twisting words and eventually making stuff up that was never said in order to bare false witness... I mean... can you guys even stop for a second... look in the mirror... be honest with yourselves about what you're doing and then repent? or does pride have such a deep hold on you that's it's not possible?

I'm really hoping for the best for you guys... but consider the dust shaken... FHII.. Duckybill... Groundzero and Rach know that I won't be responding to any of you guys as you're now all hidden... but seriously... may the morning star rise in all of your hearts... and know this... I don't condemn any of you... I hope the Father forgives you all... and blesses you all... even though right now I'm feeling pretty angry about all the lies and manipulative false accusations that you've brought against me... but heck... it's pretty much the experience I've had when dealing with religious people from day one... as it was with Christ... so it is with all the children of the free woman...

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robbie, how old are you?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
I'm really hoping for the best for you guys... but consider the dust shaken... FHII.. Duckybill... Groundzero and Rach know that I won't be responding to any of you guys as you're now all hidden... but seriously... may the morning star rise in all of your hearts... and know this... I don't condemn any of you... I hope the Father forgives you all... and blesses you all... even though right now I'm feeling pretty angry about all the lies and manipulative false accusations that you've brought against me... but heck... it's pretty much the experience I've had when dealing with religious people from day one... as it was with Christ... so it is with all the children of the free woman...
Enough of playing the victim. I hope God forgives you for using your axe on His Word.

Revelation 22:19 (NKJV)
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
You're a liar Rach... Show me where I said that what Jesus said before His death on the cross didn't count you liar... the Lord rebuke you... my belief is that the life of Jesus before dying on the cross is a perfect revelation of the Father and when He speaks it is God speaking... I would never say what you say I said... also I never said, "I'm equal to Christ'... He's the name above all other names... I'm nothing... so you bare false witness and make stuff up I never said... and I'm done with you already...

The side you're seeing of me is the side you've made up as you continue to bare false witness against me... I expect you to prove that I said that what Christ said before He died on the cross doesn't count or I expect a public apology from you or else the moderators need to deal with your false accusation... I'm over your lies...

The Lord seriously rebuke you...

Robbie, I am wondering how this got so far out of control? I am convinced that there is a rampant problem of miscommunication going on here. No matter how many times I have tried to agree with you on certain points, you have seemingly flung insults at me. And then, when I repeat what I understood you to have said, you accuse me of lying and basically of being a terribly person. Well, yes, I am a sinner, and no doubt I have many issues...one of them apparently not understanding you correctly...but be assured that I am born again, and that the Holy Spirit works within me daily...and for that I am unbearably grateful.
Below are your quotes...the ones that I took to mean certain things. I do apologise if I mistook your meanings, but I would also ask you to back off in your own accusations...and there are plenty of those too.

"Thanks for the reference from before Christ died on the cross... but guess what... Good News!!! a couple things have changed since then... haha " (post #322)

"I don't need the bible to understand this Rach... you do... that's why I'm using the bible... the same way Jesus didn't need the scriptures in order to understand the things of God because He has God's Spirit... but He used them for those that wouldn't have acknowledged Him otherwise... as it is with you...

Nobody knows the things of God except the Spirit of God... we who have received the Spirit of God have the mind of Christ...

But the things of the Spirit are foolishness to those that don't have it..." (post #335)

You may think I've twisted your intended meaning in these posts, but if I have, it truly wasn't done on purpose...this is honestly what I saw in what you wrote. You probably don't have any want to believe me at this point...but it is the truth.
As far as 'public apologies' go...consider this: have I accused you of being unsaved? Of being a heretic? Of being an unwitting fool of Satan? No, I most certainly haven't, because I don't believe you are. But you, brother, have accused me of being a liar, of not having the Spirit, of being in denial, and of being a part of a dead religion. You are calling for the Lord to rebuke me. Now if I had perhaps answered you in malice, twisted your words purposely and for my own intent, if I had accused you of being a false Christian...well then,yes, perhaps the Lord should rebuke me...and I should accept it. But I have not done those things, all I have done is tried to make you see what I believe. I have agreed with you in regards to the Spirit. I have agreed with you in regards to us being able to know Jesus and preach Jesus without a bible in hand. The ONLY thing I have disagreed with you about, and have debated with you about...is the reliability of scripture. That's all. And for that, you apparently saw fit to accuse me of the above things. So perhaps Robbie, you should retire for a moment, pray, talk to the Holy Spirit; maybe re read my posts, and really think whether I ever deserved the labels you threw at me. Whether I really deserve to 'be reported'...simply for sticking up for the book God wrote for His children. If you really think I do deserve it...well, I suppose bring it on.
I pray that you will be able to take a deep breath and see what's really going on here.
And I will pray that from here on in, that I can understand your posts, and don't accidental accuse you of saying something your not. Actually, I might pray that about everyone's posts!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I'm 37... but I look young... thanks to Jesus and His ocean... haha

Here's me and all my friends that I love... hehe

I'm the one resting my head on the guy with the white shirts chest... day before he got married...

My friends rule!!!

282640_1452830256729_1712471896_717766_1687373_n.jpg

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What I honestly have a hard time understanding is why it feels to me that God is hell-bent on sending me to hell?

Apparently you didn't 'get it' even after listening to all those sermons.

THE LAW convicts of sin, while grace provides the ability to repent and accept Christ.

Simple.

That is the way of changing lives. It's worked for thousands of years because that's the way we are.

Have you ever served in the military?
The first thing that's done is to teach the ex-civilian that his way of thinking, acting, doing, and being are all wrong.

"There is the right way and the wrong way and the Marine way."

It is a new way of living from the clothing to the behavior to the goals set for behavior.

And no one EVER became a Marine until he completely and totally turned his back on his civilian life and ways.

Why is this method of training so successful? Because a change of life REQUIRES A CHANGE OF LIVIING.

The news that hell fire awaits ought to be a strong incentive to change one's life, behavior and outlook, unless one is a fool and desires to challenge God; the one who is the keeper of the door to the flames as well as the door to life.

It is never a surprise to hear the incessant prattlings of those who believe that God has somehow made a mistake with heaven and hell.
If we are to be judged accordingly, all would be consigned to the flames. That is justice for no one cares about or seeks God. Not a single soul.

But God is merciful in that He has mingled mercy with grace and has opened the book of life to some.

Apparently that's wrong too.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
I was going to use a more philosophical, intellectual title to address this matter, but the bible itself says of itself that it is so simple that a fool shouldn't err. So, like a child, I'm keeping it simple, because there really is no other way to put it.

I was born and raised in the pentecostal church. I no longer claim Christianity, but in my search for knowing God, I still listen to sermons. The sermons I listen to are usually by black hellfire and brimstone preachers, because that;s what I'm most familiar with. I don't know if you're familiar with a man named G Craig Lewis. But if you are, then you have an idea of the type of ministers I listen to. What I honestly have a hard time understanding is why it feels to me that God is hell-bent on sending me to hell?

You might think that I'm exaggerating when I make this statement, but I am by no means being overdramatic. I try very hard to believe that when these preachers say "God loves you but hates your sin," that they mean it. I try with everything within me to believe that these people really love me. But I have to be honest. I have never felt love coming from these preachers. I always feel that they are just saying what they have been taught to say, if they aren't just in it for the show. I do believe that some of them are genuine and sincere. But you can also be sincerely wrong.

even all of these testimonies I have ben hearing over the years of people who died and went to hell, and were brought back to tell about it. I listen closely, and what I gather is that it is very hard to make it into Heaven. And I don;t undertand if God really wants people in Heaven, why He made it so hard to get in. It just doesn't seem right. It seems to me like He plays favorites. But why create people just to throw them in hell. It's almost like He enjoys it. Even many preacher talk as if they're glad there is a hell and glad you're going. It's like if you don't live up to THEIR standard (personal hidden agenda), you can't do anything right, and for that you ARE going to hell. I also don;t understand why God is so hard on homosexuals when He created the very biology that made them that way. And don;t tell me that they weren't born that way, because I am one.

Unless you have seen things through, of course, you cannot fully understand where I'm coming from, and most of this is just hot air to you. And this is another thing; Christians are poor listeners and bad at understanding. They just love to judge others so they can (secretly... and often unconsciously)feel better about themselves. I know this because I've spent my lifetime (29 years) around them. I've seen Christians of every kind, so I know what I'm talking about. But I would literally be here for a couple of days describing to you all of the contradictions I have observed throughout this exclusive belief system.

And as much as I want to know God and be His closest friend, I feel that He doesn't really want to get to know me, but is just out to play mind games with me. I'm not being irreverent or sacrilerious: I'm just being honest. It makes me not feel like praying, even though I want to. It makes me not want to read the bible, because it's full of contradictions (and don't tell me there aren't, when they are very blatant). God just seems, to me, to be the cruelest, most cold blooded, hard hearted, unforgiving, stone faced, dominating, ruthless, non caring, bi-polar, sadistic, spiteful, wicked terrorist of all time.

Have you seen this recent testimony of a girl, Angelica Zambrano, who claims to have gone to hell for 23 hours and saw Selena Quintanilla, Michael Jackson, and children in hell?

I am new to this forum so I don't know if anyone here has asked you this question. Have you ever sat down and do a serious Bible study? I ask this because much of the things that are taught in many Church are not necessarily things that are in the Bible or they are a distortion of what is said in the Bible. For starters: nowhere does it say in the Bible that anyone will go to Heaven. It is the Earth we will live on when Jesus said the meek shall inherit the Earth.

Matthew 5:5 (ASV)
[sup]5 [/sup]Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Jesus is coming back not to take us to Heaven but He is coming back to live with us on the Earth.

The point that I am making is that some pastors/ministers make God out to be what He is not......an angry and mean God that can't wait to punish. Remember it was the Father who sent His Son to die for mankind. Jesus told His disciples that when they see Him they are seeing the Father.....the Son tells us what His Father is like by how He lived. So study the Bible to learn about God and what He is like. It is better to listen to what the scriptures have to say and pay less attention to what one might hear in Church......unless of course that they are saying is supported in the Bible, in particularly the New Testament when it comes to Christian living, New Covenant and God is like.

ron

Aug 15, 2011
Apparently you didn't 'get it' even after listening to all those sermons.

THE LAW convicts of sin, while grace provides the ability to repent and accept Christ.

Simple.

That is the way of changing lives. It's worked for thousands of years because that's the way we are.

Have you ever served in the military?
The first thing that's done is to teach the ex-civilian that his way of thinking, acting, doing, and being are all wrong.

"There is the right way and the wrong way and the Marine way."

It is a new way of living from the clothing to the behavior to the goals set for behavior.

And no one EVER became a Marine until he completely and totally turned his back on his civilian life and ways.

Why is this method of training so successful? Because a change of life REQUIRES A CHANGE OF LIVIING.

The news that hell fire awaits ought to be a strong incentive to change one's life, behavior and outlook, unless one is a fool and desires to challenge God; the one who is the keeper of the door to the flames as well as the door to life.

It is never a surprise to hear the incessant prattlings of those who believe that God has somehow made a mistake with heaven and hell.
If we are to be judged accordingly, all would be consigned to the flames. That is justice for no one cares about or seeks God. Not a single soul.

But God is merciful in that He has mingled mercy with grace and has opened the book of life to some.

Apparently that's wrong too.

This is a serious question. Do you treat your creations in the same manner? It is either the RJP way or the pit of fire? Seriously?! Would you kill your children for not believing in your view of God? Or believing and trusting in your position as the head of the household, installed by God? If not, why not?

-Aspen

ron

Aug 15, 2011
Are you always in attack mode? That's pretty brutal Aspen. Where's the love???

It is brutal and honest. It is interesting that you zeroed in on the brutality part so quickly.....oh yeah, based on your concept of God, I am speaking your language.

Following the logic and applying the literal teaching of brutal doctrines needs to be explored. After all, we are supposed to be imitating God, right?

I was going to use a more philosophical, intellectual title to address this matter, but the bible itself says of itself that it is so simple that a fool shouldn't err. So, like a child, I'm keeping it simple, because there really is no other way to put it.

I was born and raised in the pentecostal church. I no longer claim Christianity, but in my search for knowing God, I still listen to sermons. The sermons I listen to are usually by black hellfire and brimstone preachers, because that;s what I'm most familiar with. I don't know if you're familiar with a man named G Craig Lewis. But if you are, then you have an idea of the type of ministers I listen to. What I honestly have a hard time understanding is why it feels to me that God is hell-bent on sending me to hell?

You might think that I'm exaggerating when I make this statement, but I am by no means being overdramatic. I try very hard to believe that when these preachers say "God loves you but hates your sin," that they mean it. I try with everything within me to believe that these people really love me. But I have to be honest. I have never felt love coming from these preachers. I always feel that they are just saying what they have been taught to say, if they aren't just in it for the show. I do believe that some of them are genuine and sincere. But you can also be sincerely wrong.

even all of these testimonies I have ben hearing over the years of people who died and went to hell, and were brought back to tell about it. I listen closely, and what I gather is that it is very hard to make it into Heaven. And I don;t undertand if God really wants people in Heaven, why He made it so hard to get in. It just doesn't seem right. It seems to me like He plays favorites. But why create people just to throw them in hell. It's almost like He enjoys it. Even many preacher talk as if they're glad there is a hell and glad you're going. It's like if you don't live up to THEIR standard (personal hidden agenda), you can't do anything right, and for that you ARE going to hell. I also don;t understand why God is so hard on homosexuals when He created the very biology that made them that way. And don;t tell me that they weren't born that way, because I am one.

Unless you have seen things through, of course, you cannot fully understand where I'm coming from, and most of this is just hot air to you. And this is another thing; Christians are poor listeners and bad at understanding. They just love to judge others so they can (secretly... and often unconsciously)feel better about themselves. I know this because I've spent my lifetime (29 years) around them. I've seen Christians of every kind, so I know what I'm talking about. But I would literally be here for a couple of days describing to you all of the contradictions I have observed throughout this exclusive belief system.

And as much as I want to know God and be His closest friend, I feel that He doesn't really want to get to know me, but is just out to play mind games with me. I'm not being irreverent or sacrilerious: I'm just being honest. It makes me not feel like praying, even though I want to. It makes me not want to read the bible, because it's full of contradictions (and don't tell me there aren't, when they are very blatant). God just seems, to me, to be the cruelest, most cold blooded, hard hearted, unforgiving, stone faced, dominating, ruthless, non caring, bi-polar, sadistic, spiteful, wicked terrorist of all time.

Have you seen this recent testimony of a girl, Angelica Zambrano, who claims to have gone to hell for 23 hours and saw Selena Quintanilla, Michael Jackson, and children in hell?

He is not mean. People have been assassinating God's character for centuries. He has been maligned. God is love. Any teaching to the contrary is a misinterpretation.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Is this your new witnessing tool for spreading your brutal gospel? Taunting Christians? Nice....
Just replying to YOUR comment: "Would you kill your children for not believing in your view of God?
-Aspen"

Where's the love that you are always demanding from others?

ron

Aug 15, 2011
How about showing some love Aspen?

That's your opinion, since you give ZERO proof. Nothing new.

LOL....your private interpretation of scripture proves nothing Ducky. 'The Dwarfs are for the Dwarfs!' hahaha You could be sitting right in the middle of heaven hunkered down in a trench waiting for the enemy.....not having an inkling of where you are....safe in your own personal bunker of certainty....

Just replying to YOUR comment: "Would you kill your children for not believing in your view of God?
-Aspen"

Where's the love that you are always demanding from others?

That is a great question for your god, Ducky....why does he throw his children into a lake of fire?

Of course that is my whole point which you are refusing to acknowledge...too painful?

Oh right, when God does it, it is love!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
LOL....your private interpretation of scripture proves nothing Ducky. 'The Dwarfs are for the Dwarfs!' hahaha You could be sitting right in the middle of heaven hunkered down in a trench waiting for the enemy.....not having an inkling of where you are....safe in your own personal bunker of certainty....
What interpretation??? The Genesis Flood is clearly taught is several places in the Bible. I.E.

Matthew 24:37-39 (NKJV)
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Are you calling Jesus a liar?

ron

Aug 15, 2011
What interpretation??? The Genesis Flood is clearly taught is several places in the Bible. I.E.

Matthew 24:37-39 (NKJV)
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Are you calling Jesus a liar?

Pointing out your stubborn ignorance has nothing to with Jesus's reference to the Flood myth.