Why Jews were Made, not Born

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are moving off topic.

Not hardly. In discussing this topic of yours you brought up these things concerning 'physical, spirit, and kingdom' in post (#89). Thus it must be addressed. It is not off topic. It is perfectly on topic and needs to be discussed.

Stranger

D

Dave L

Not hardly. In discussing this topic of yours you brought up these things concerning 'physical, spirit, and kingdom', in post (#89). Thus it must be addressed. It is not off topic. It is perfectly on topic and needs to be discussed.

Stranger
We are discussing the origin of the Jews and trying to stay on topic.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are discussing the origin of the Jews and trying to stay on topic.

You're the one that brought it up in post (#89). Thus it had to be answered. And has been answered. Now you want to get back to your first statement, which will only take us back along the same path to my questions in (#171).

And we are staying on topic. You are just not liking the way it is going.

Stranger

D

Dave L

You're the one that brought it up in post (#89). Thus it had to be answered. And has been answered. Now you want to get back to your first statement, which will only take us back along the same path to my questions in (#171).

And we are staying on topic. You are just not liking the way it is going.

Stranger
I like the way it's going if we stay on topic. We should be discussing your questions in the millennial thread, not this one. This is about the origin of the Jews.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the way it's going if we stay on topic. We should be discussing your questions in the millennial thread, not this one. This is about the origin of the Jews.

We are on topic. Answer the questions in post (#171).

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's take kingdom ideas to the Millennium thread and keep this one on topic.

Pay attention. Go back to page 4 and read the course of the argument. See especially post (#73) where you went on about Israel as a kingdom of priests, living stones, a kingdom who will reign on earth, and the millennial kingdom.

My response to you was that the Church was a priesthood, just not the same body as Israel. (#78) In (#80) I said believing Israel was Israel. She will be both physical and spiritual. Just like the Church. Only different bodies.

This brought your response in (#89) where you said this assumes a physical kingdom of God on earth. And you said this will never be.

So, you see, the origin of the Jew has everything to do with the physical and spiritual as you are the one using 'spiritual' as a way to define the Jews.
We are on topic. If you don't want to answer, then don't. But don't say we are not on topic because we are.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The yoke of (Gen. 27:40) is not the same yoke as (Is. 58:6). The yoke of (Gen. 27:40) pertains to Jacobs rule over Esau due to the birthright. This yoke Esau would revolt against. (2 Kings 8:22). (Is. 58:6) speaks to a yoke of sin and wickedness upon God's people Israel. See (58:1).

Stranger

Galatians 5:17-18 [17] For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. [18] But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

James 4:5-6
[5] Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? [6] But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

So what is this or who is this that lusteth to envy? You said Esau revolted under Jacob. Does not the flesh revolt under the submission of the spirit of man? Was I born with spirit and flesh? Could my spirit rule my flesh and make it submit to the will of God? Could Jacob rule flesh? Can Israel rule flesh? Do I now have resurrection spirit inside(the power of God) living inside of me that can bring the flesh into subjection to the commands and will of God? To not lust to have, to not covet, to not steal, to not lie, to not cheat...to not murder. So which is it, Stranger? Can flesh and bone inherit the kingdom of God or not? Because I can tell you there is life in me but there is still one that wars against that life.

1 Corinthians 5:5
[5] To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 John 3:15-16
[15] Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. [16] Hereby perceive we the love of God , because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 4:19-21
[19] We love him, because he first loved us. [20] If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? [21] And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is this or who is this that lusteth to envy? You said Esau revolted under Jacob. Does not the flesh revolt under the submission of the spirit of man? Was I born with spirit and flesh? Could my spirit rule my flesh and make it submit to the will of God? Could Jacob rule flesh? Can Israel rule flesh? Do I now have resurrection spirit inside(the power of God) living inside of me that can bring the flesh into subjection to the commands and will of God? To not lust to have, to not covet, to not steal, to not lie, to not cheat...to not murder. So which is it, Stranger? Can flesh and bone inherit the kingdom of God or not? Because I can tell you there is life in me but there is still one that wars against that life.

The flesh lusteth against the spirit. The flesh is what you were and are in Adam. Your spirit has been born-again but your flesh has not. Thus the constant war. Your flesh, whether it does good or bad is under condemnation. It is what you inherited from Adam.

Yes, you were born with a spirit, soul, and body. That part that connected you to God was dead. That is your spirit. It was dead in the sense that it was not alive to God. Not that it didn't live, but it was dead to God, separated from Him. Thus you, your soul, was separated from Him and so walked in accordance with desires of the body or the flesh.

Now, being born-again, your spirit is made alive to God. You now have the ability to walk with God, in the Spirit. Your flesh, or body has not been born-again, and is still under condemnation, which is why we die physically. When you are walking in the Spirit, your body or flesh, goes with you but is not agreeable. It always seeks ways to hinder to stop, to do any thing it can to fulfill it's desires instead of your born-again spirits desires.

The flesh here never changes. No matter how spiritual one may become. But likewise, your spirit which is born-again to God, never changes either, no matter how fleshly or worldly you may become. I have an example I would like to give but I fear I might be getting to lengthy and not answering your questions.

Yes, flesh and bone will inherit the kingdom of God because Jesus Christ is flesh and bone, and our glorified bodies will be flesh and bone, only not stained with the sin of Adam.

Stranger

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, flesh and bone will inherit the kingdom of God
Since both the body and the sin nature are called "flesh", some people cannot distinguish between them.

The old sin nature ("the flesh") will be eradicated when the saints are perfected. But the body ("the flesh") will be transformed into a glorious body.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See if this helps.

“And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” (1 Corinthians 15:45–55)
I don't think old stranger truly understands what is men by flesh and blood can not inherit the Kingdom of God.
One must be Born Again of the Holy Spirit, to be in the Kingdom of God and this is so because one can never enter unless you are. because one is not of the Kingdom of God, such would be vomited out if they could in fact.
Such don't enter because they do not belong and such who are not of the Kingdom of God can not go to Heaven.

There is no point in idolising a People who claim they are Jews, so what ! they are in fact lost, the true Jews who worshiped God became Christians 2000 years ago.

Any person who looks to the Jews nowadays is an Anti-Christ, because they surely do not know who Jesus Christ is in fact. or possessed by demons ? it is said that Great Delusions will come on the people in the days of the Anti-Christ powers.

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

Pay attention. Go back to page 4 and read the course of the argument. See especially post (#73) where you went on about Israel as a kingdom of priests, living stones, a kingdom who will reign on earth, and the millennial kingdom.

My response to you was that the Church was a priesthood, just not the same body as Israel. (#78) In (#80) I said believing Israel was Israel. She will be both physical and spiritual. Just like the Church. Only different bodies.

This brought your response in (#89) where you said this assumes a physical kingdom of God on earth. And you said this will never be.

So, you see, the origin of the Jew has everything to do with the physical and spiritual as you are the one using 'spiritual' as a way to define the Jews.
We are on topic. If you don't want to answer, then don't. But don't say we are not on topic because we are.

Stranger
Will you provide scripture supporting your view? Perhaps we are missing each other's points. A new thread based entirely on your views would keep this thread on topic, and everyone could then judge what you say for themselves.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no point in idolising a People who claim they are Jews, so what ! they are in fact lost, the true Jews who worshiped God became Christians 2000 years ago.
We need to be careful here. While many Jews did become Christians during the apostolic period, and even now there are many Jews who are believing on the Lord Jesus Christ, many are indeed lost, and want to have nothing to do with Christ. But it is not up to us to either idolize people or dismiss them as irrelevant, or irredeemable. The offer of salvation is to all mankind at the present time, and God is not making any distinctions between Jew and Gentile.

At the same time, after the *fulness of the Gentiles* has come into the Church (the Body of Christ), God and Christ will resume their dealings with Israel after the second coming of Christ. Many prophecies remain to be fulfilled. And God knows exactly who belongs to which tribe. So Christ will set up His millennial Kingdom on earth with a believing remnant of Jews and Israel will not be the same as what we see today. It will be a theocracy under Christ.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you provide scripture supporting your view? Perhaps we are missing each other's points. A new thread based entirely on your views would keep this thread on topic, and everyone could then judge what you say for themselves.

I have provided Scripture. See, post (#35, 36, 41, 107, 109, 115, 128, 147, 152, 156, 170).

The thread is on topic as I already explained. You are wanting to define the Jew by only 'spiritual' means. Not physical. Thus the importance of 'spiritual' and 'physical' in the discussions. It affects the 'kingdom' as you recognized as you brought it up saying there was no physical kingdom. All of which I already explained in post (# 187). Which takes us back to post (#171) and the questions you refuse to answer.

Stranger

D

Dave L

I have provided Scripture. See, post (#35, 36, 41, 107, 109, 115, 128, 147, 152, 156, 170).

The thread is on topic as I already explained. You are wanting to define the Jew by only 'spiritual' means. Not physical. Thus the importance of 'spiritual' and 'physical' in the discussions. It affects the 'kingdom' as you recognized as you brought it up saying there was no physical kingdom. All of which I already explained in post (# 187). Which takes us back to post (#171) and the questions you refuse to answer.

Stranger
It would help me and possibly others to understand your position if you would state it clearly with scripture references. If it doesn't relate directly to this thread (Jewish history), perhaps a new thread? All can then see your views and form their own opinions.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would help me and possibly others to understand your position if you would state it clearly with scripture references. If it doesn't relate directly to this thread (Jewish history), perhaps a new thread? All can then see your views and form their own opinions.

See post (#194).

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've been through this without resolve. Please state your doctrine with scripture support either in the millennial thread or in a new thread for all to see.

This is a forum. When you post a topic, it doesn't belong to you. You don't get to say who can post here and who cannot. If it has gone off topic, then the moderators can tell me it has gone off topic and to get back on topic. If you want to report it to them, be my guest. Anyone who reads it will see it is not off topic.

The fact remains that you cannot prove this assertion of yours that Jews are made not born, meaning they are spiritual not physical. You have come to an impasse.

Perhaps you should consider changing your doctrine.

Stranger

D

Dave L

This is a forum. When you post a topic, it doesn't belong to you. You don't get to say who can post here and who cannot. If it has gone off topic, then the moderators can tell me it has gone off topic and to get back on topic. If you want to report it to them, be my guest. Anyone who reads it will see it is not off topic.

The fact remains that you cannot prove this assertion of yours that Jews are made not born, meaning they are spiritual not physical. You have come to an impasse.

Perhaps you should consider changing your doctrine.

Stranger
Jews = religion, not race.

“And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;” (Acts 17:26)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews = religion, not race.

“And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;” (Acts 17:26)

The Jews are a specific people from Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the 12 sons of Jacob, hence the 12 tribes of Israel. If one is not from one of the 12 tribes of Israel, he is not an Israelite.

If you don't want to call them a race, it doesn't matter. These are a people from a distinct lineage that God has called His chosen.

I don't see how (Acts 17:26) proves anything you have said.

Stranger