Why Jews were Made, not Born

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, if you want to call me a racist because I believe what God says about Israel and the Jews, then go ahead. The Bible clearly teaches that God has chosen Israel and He will never forsake her, and that she will one day be the leading nation of the world from where Jesus Christ will rule and reign for 1000 years. If that is racism, blame God, not me.

Stranger

projecting....

So which is it? Jewish or patsy? :)

Atah medaber ivrit?

Ken o lo?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for answering my questions. It helps. I still have a few though.

hen you are walking in the Spirit, your body or flesh, goes with you but is not agreeable. It always seeks ways to hinder to stop, to do any thing it can to fulfill it's desires instead of your born-again spirits desires.

The flesh here never changes. No matter how spiritual one may become. But likewise, your spirit which is born-again to God, never changes either, no matter how fleshly or worldly you may become.
Does Grace reign?

Also, You never did answer who or what wars against the born again Spirit? the one that lust to envy? So, I will bluntly ask: Is the flesh as Cain an Esau's flesh before it is crucified? Against God? Jesus told the Pharisees they were children of the devil. Thus they were as Cain that brought no acceptable sacrifice. They coveted. They murdered (maybe in heart only but they did). Is this rule of flesh not as Cain and Esau which God hates and puts to death. As Paul told them to put one outside of the body for the destruction of the flesh that the spirit might be saved by resurrection life(born again). Do you think your flesh was ever as Cain? Do you think your flesh was ever as Esau? (1 John 2: 9) "He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even now." Does that not mean we all were once of the darkness and of that evil one? We are to overcome the wicked one. (1 John 2:14) "... the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one."

Isn't the wicked one of the world as Cain and Esau? (The way of Cain) a murderer and liar from the beginning. The world ..Which God hates and says we are not to be in a friendship with...But the same world He also sent His only begotten son, to save and not condemn. "And it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck." Jacob's yoke. A yoke is a yoke.: a heavy burden too heavy to carry.

Reactions: faithfulness

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for answering my questions. It helps. I still have a few though.

Does Grace reign?

Also, You never did answer who or what wars against the born again Spirit? the one that lust to envy? So, I will bluntly ask: Is the flesh as Cain an Esau's flesh before it is crucified? Against God? Jesus told the Pharisees they were children of the devil. Thus they were as Cain that brought no acceptable sacrifice. They coveted. They murdered (maybe in heart only but they did). Is this rule of flesh not as Cain and Esau which God hates and puts to death. As Paul told them to put one outside of the body for the destruction of the flesh that the spirit might be saved by resurrection life(born again). Do you think your flesh was ever as Cain? Do you think your flesh was ever as Esau? (1 John 2: 9) "He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even now." Does that not mean we all were once of the darkness and of that evil one? We are to overcome the wicked one. (1 John 2:14) "... the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one."

Isn't the wicked one of the world as Cain and Esau? (The way of Cain) a murderer and liar from the beginning. The world ..Which God hates and says we are not to be in a friendship with...But the same world He also sent His only begotten son, to save and not condemn. "And it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck." Jacob's yoke. A yoke is a yoke.: a heavy burden too heavy to carry.

The flesh wars against the Spirit. The flesh is as Cains, Esau's, Abraham's, David's, and all born of Adam.

No, being of darkness and walking in darkness is not the same. Being of darkness speaks to ones origin. Cain was of the wicked one, or of satan. (1 John 3:12). Walking in darkness speaks to where one can be at present. We who are Christians, always had our origin from God. We were always of God, never of satan. But until we came to place faith in Christ, we were walking in darkness.

The wicked one is satan. And he is prince over this present world system. And Cain was of him. I don't know what more I can add about the yokes than I have already said. A yoke is a yoke, yes. But two different burdens are spoken of.

Stranger

D

Dave L

Yes, you keep saying that.

It doesn't matter how many are circumcised outside of Israel. If they do it for the right reasons then they are proselytes to Israel's faith. If they don't, then they are just circumcised heathern. None of this discounts the physical distinction of the Jewish people. They are from the 12 tribes of Israel.

Yes, in Isaac is the seed called. Which means those that are born physically as Jews, from the 12 tribes, must also be a child of promise to make up the true Israel. This distinguishes the 'children of promise' and the 'children of the flesh'. (Rom. 9:8-9) Just because there are 'children of promise' doesn't discount the physical distinction of the Jewish people.

Jesus is not Israel. He was and is of Israel. He is the King of Israel. Of course there are many unbelieving Jews today. As there have been for a long time. That doesn't make Israel any less a chosen physical people from the 12 tribes of Jacob. The true Israel is both made up of Jews from the 12 tribes who are also children of promise.

Stranger
“Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.” (Romans 9:6–8)

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.” (Galatians 3:16)

“And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:29)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.” (Romans 9:6–8)

"That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." You are going to have trouble getting the flesh into the Kingdom, Stranger. what I am trying to draw attention to here is there are two resurrections: flesh and Spirit. Jacob is of that promise seed, born of Spirit. The old sin nature replaced by a new nature. But that old man is still being dragged along(flesh and all that opposes God) and the old man of flesh wars, he lusts, he envy's, he hates his brother. It will only be by the power and grace of God that this old man of flesh is put to death(crucified) and is resurrected under grace into life eternal. Did the flesh do anything to inherit the kingdom or is it the work of the Spirit? We of the Spirit(born again) are called and chosen to be living sacrifices of mercy to all flesh. Go ahead and believe this has no merit but you can not deny that when death and sin reigned (had dominion)over your life that this dominion of darkness had a purpose in bringing destruction to the flesh and therefore removing the yoke of heavy burden making it possible through death and resurrection: the flesh is glorified and can enter into the kingdom of God. (Isaiah 9:20) "And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm:" To deny mercy and the work of grace is the deny the right hand power of God. We received mercy, and so we should give it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.” (Galatians 3:16)

“And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” (Galatians 3:29)

You quote verses without explanation. I just gave you those same verses with explanation.

You have a habit of quoting verses as if that settles it, without explanation. But it doesn't. You must make a connection. For some reason you are used to people bowing to you when you give a Scripture. That ain't going to happen here. You must explain yourself. You must give Scripture and explain.

I don't think you know half of the verses you quote. You just quote them hoping the other individual explains them.

Stranger

D

Dave L

You quote verses without explanation. I just gave you those same verses with explanation.

You have a habit of quoting verses as if that settles it, without explanation. But it doesn't. You must make a connection. For some reason you are used to people bowing to you when you give a Scripture. That ain't going to happen here. You must explain yourself. You must give Scripture and explain.

I don't think you know half of the verses you quote. You just quote them hoping the other individual explains them.

Stranger
If verses speak for themselves, commentary only leads to argument and is redundant. You cannot argue with God.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If verses speak for themselves, commentary only leads to argument and is redundant. You cannot argue with God.

I am not arguing with God. I am arguing with you. Most verses you give are not even about what we are discussing. But you act like that should settle it. It doesn't.

Stranger

D

Dave L

I am not arguing with God. I am arguing with you. Most verses you give are not even about what we are discussing. But you act like that should settle it. It doesn't.

Stranger
If I do not comment but post only scripture, you are arguing with it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I do not comment but post only scripture, you are arguing with it.

No, I am arguing with you. Just because you post a Scripture doesn't mean anything unless you have interpreted it correctly. And like I said, many, many of the Scriptures you post have absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. You just throw them out there and everyone is supposed to fall back and be automatically persuaded to your view.

But, it doesn't happen that way here. Scripture with comment and explanation.

Stranger

D

Dave L

No, I am arguing with you. Just because you post a Scripture doesn't mean anything unless you have interpreted it correctly. And like I said, many, many of the Scriptures you post have absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed. You just throw them out there and everyone is supposed to fall back and be automatically persuaded to your view.

But, it doesn't happen that way here. Scripture with comment and explanation.

Stranger
How can you argue with me if I remain silent?

D

Dave L

Stranger
You cannot argue with me unless I say something. You are arguing against God's word on the matter.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot argue with me unless I say something. You are arguing against God's word on the matter.

No, I am arguing with you. You can throw a Scripture out there, it doesn't mean anything unless you are correct in understanding it. You want to assume everyone sees it as you do. Bad assumption.

Stranger

D

Dave L

No, I am arguing with you. You can throw a Scripture out there, it doesn't mean anything unless you are correct in understanding it. You want to assume everyone sees it as you do. Bad assumption.

Stranger
You are not arguing with me, but with scripture.