Why study the end times?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
I understand that there is tons of material in the Bible mentioning or concerning end times, but why such the obsession? Every day I hear a someone say "that's another sign" it's near etc. Honestly so what? I don't care when it comes b/c I'm saved through Christ so whether I get raptured up or have to go through years of this or that I know in the end I'll be with my Father and Christ. Can someone explain the what seems to me to be the almost unhealthy obsession with sings and such instead of more spreading the word of Christ

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple, Christ repeatedly tell us to.Revelation 1:3
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Mark 13:22-23
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
Stop and think about it for a second - loving Christ is a multi-faceted thing. You cannot just love him by name and throw out the letter that he's written to us all.Matthew 7:21-22
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
His sayings fully include prophecy. It's not just a matter of being a good Christian and saying Jesus aloud to everyone. We have a very real responsibility to know it all as far as his Word.If there is no rapture yet the church has taught it and you - by extension - have preached it, what happens when the fake shows up appearing as Christ? When Christ does return, and people begin to pray for those mountains to fall on them, what will we as Christians tell Christ when we followed the wrong one??For his response will be, "Behold, I told you all things." Did you listen?