Why the cross actually saves

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who says so?
It seems to me to be only logical. If they do not want to be in His presence for all of eternity when they are standing before Him, He is not going to force them to remain in His presence. He will cast them into outer darkness.

D

Dave L

It seems to me to be only logical. If they do not want to be in His presence for all of eternity when they are standing before Him, He is not going to force them to remain in His presence. He will cast them into outer darkness.
Nobody goes to heaven apart from Christ. You think flesh faith is the link. Scripture teaches the new birth is the link and faith the result when exposed to the gospel.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We enter into the new birth by placing our faith in Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross. We have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think flesh faith is the link.
Saving faith is certainly not a thing of the flesh.

However, if we offer up a fleshy faith, the Lord is certainly able to consecrate it by placing it on the altar, which is seven times sanctified by the blood so that whatever touches the altar is holy.

Mar 9:23, Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Mar 9:24, And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

D

Dave L

However, if we offer up a fleshy faith, the Lord is certainly able to consecrate it by placing it on the altar, which is seven times sanctified by the blood so that whatever touches the altar is holy.

Mar 9:23, Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
Mar 9:24, And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
You only have the flesh before being born again. You think flesh faith saves a person. It does not.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You only have the flesh before being born again. You think flesh faith saves a person. It does not.

D

Dave L

People believe car sales hypes and by based on flesh faith. This is not saving faith. Saving faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saving faith is a work of the Holy Spirit. Supernatural and/or continued faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.

D

Dave L

Saving faith is a work of the Holy Spirit. Supernatural and/or continued faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit.
You must already have the Holy Spirit before you can believe in any true manner. It appalls most to think they had nothing to do with their salvation, so they deny this and rob God of his glory instead, giving their sinful flesh this glory.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must already have the Holy Spirit before you can believe in any true manner.
If that is the case, then we have access by grace into this faith wherein we stand. But that is not the order that is declared by the holy scriptures (esp. Romans 5:2).

D

Dave L

If that is the case, then we have access by grace into this faith wherein we stand. But that is not the order that is declared by the holy scriptures.
You are reading into the passage something it does not say. Grace is a wide area we access through faith. God gives us faith placing us into that wide area that includes more than salvation.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” (Ephesians 2:8)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are reading into the passage something it does not say. Grace is a wide area we access through faith. God gives us faith placing us into that wide area that includes more than salvation.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” (Ephesians 2:8)

The fact is that grace does include salvation. And therefore the fact that we have access by faith into grace means that we have access by faith into salvation.

D

Dave L

The fact is that grace does include salvation. And therefore the fact that we have access by faith into grace means that we have access by faith into salvation.
But it's the whole thing, not just part of it that you make it out to be. "That not of yourselves" = faith too.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We receive the gift of God by exercising faith; how then is faith the gift?

Rom 12:3
3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. "

Reactions: Dave L

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rom 12:3
3 "For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. "
This is talking about Christians who have ALREADY exercised saving faith and received the gift of the Holy Spirit, along with His spiritual gifts, and are now to exercise faith while exercising their spiritual gifts.

ROMANS 12 (seven spiritual gifts mentioned)
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether [1] prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7 Or [2] ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on [3] teaching;
8 Or he that exhorteth, on [4] exhortation: [5] he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; [6] he that ruleth, with diligence; [7] he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

This has nothing to do with the faith that cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (the Gospel) (Rom 10:17) I wish people would read and study Romans chapter 10 in depth.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is talking about Christians who have ALREADY exercised saving faith and received the gift of the Holy Spirit, along with His spiritual gifts, and are now to exercise faith while exercising their spiritual gifts.

ROMANS 12 (seven spiritual gifts mentioned)
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether [1] prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7 Or [2] ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on [3] teaching;
8 Or he that exhorteth, on [4] exhortation: [5] he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; [6] he that ruleth, with diligence; [7] he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

This has nothing to do with the faith that cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (the Gospel) (Rom 10:17) I wish people would read and study Romans chapter 10 in depth.

Okay bossy britches.
I still believe God has given EVERYMAN the wherewithal , call it faith, conscience, expectation or whatever...
Everyone has the ability needed...

We ALL have a measure of faith anyway...even the great unwashed get out of bed in the morning and believe that somewhere the sun is in the sky and not going to fall on their heads...
Heb 11 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
None of us consciously hope that the sun stays in the sky...it is a expectation of faith.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of us consciously hope that the sun stays in the sky...it is a expectation of faith.
We believe that the sun will continue to shine because we have a promise from the word in Genesis 8:22 that nature is basically constant.

But for those without this promise, who may have read too many science fiction thrillers, they may not even have the faith for the sun rising tomorrow...after all, it could go supernova this very moment, from the perspective of those who do not know their Bibles (and amillenialists would also be subject to the same belief).