Why was th Sabbath day changed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
I've been trying to figure this one out for a while. I can't seem to find a single passage in the bible that supports changing the Sabbath to Sunday. Just from common knowledge, Saturday and Sunday are the weekend.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
There isnt any where in the bible where the sabbath was changed. Man changed it for what ever reasons. Saturday is the true Jewish sabbath. Certain christians still worship on SAturday, and most worship on Sundays.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
the catholics changed it as a recognition of there power on earth.people in there pride wish to keep it that way.i do not judge anyone on it i just know sunday is a divertion to the real sabbath(crooner;47374)
There isnt any where in the bible where the sabbath was changed. Man changed it for what ever reasons. Saturday is the true Jewish sabbath. Certain christians still worship on SAturday, and most worship on Sundays.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
The catholic have taken credit for it but there is no proof they did. Even most Adventist scholars agree on that. I think the christians did it to seperate themsels from Jews right or wrong. Thet certainly couldnt worship with thw Jews in synagogs.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The Sabbath was fulfilled in Christ not changed Christ came not to Change the Law but to fulfill it and bulfighter I said I would delete your post if you didnt stick to the subject of the thread and stop posting about your veiw of Sabbath on every single thread when its out of contextSo get your facts right please I never said you couldnt discuss Sabbath on a Sabbath thread

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Now Christ says he came to fulfill the Law ..Sabbath means Rest ...no where does the Bible teach that Sabbath was a Day of Worship, It was a Day of Rest Men used the rest Day to worship but God never told anyone to worship on the Sabbath the very Word means to RestNo one ever said we were not to remember the Sabbath We are, but as our Rest where are we to rest in the LORD JESUS CHRIST.This is what fulfiulled means I repeat never in the Old testament or New does God ever say Sabbath was for worshipit was for rest.We are told that we are not to judge anyone by the day of Sabbath they keepCol 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: Our REST (sabbath) is in Christ and we are never to forget it.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
not to be forgon by you and for you to teach these children of god ..you better get your facts right because this will be one of the most important things..remember jesus said may your flight be not on the sabbath making it a different issue.he did not say may your flight not be on me...you are leading people astray and jesus warns about that also....we are not under the law in judgment because of jesus but we are to up hold the law...or none of the law is of value...wakeup kriss..the sabbath is very important in these days of termoil(kriss;47404)
Now Christ says he came to fulfill the Law ..Sabbath means Rest ...no where does the Bible teach that Sabbath was a Day of Worship, It was a Day of Rest Men used the rest Day to worship but God never told anyone to worship on the Sabbath the very Word means to RestNo one ever said we were not to remember the Sabbath We are, but as our Rest where are we to rest in the LORD JESUS CHRIST.This is what fulfiulled means I repeat never in the Old testament or New does God ever say Sabbath was for worshipit was for rest.We are told that we are not to judge anyone by the day of Sabbath they keepCol 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath [days]: Our REST (sabbath) is in Christ and we are never to forget it.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
THE MOST BIG THING IS WHO CHANGED IT AND WHY(bullfighter;47405)
not to be forgon by you and for you to teach these children of god ..you better get your facts right because this will be one of the most important things..remember jesus said may your flight be not on the sabbath making it a different issue.he did not say may your flight not be on me...you are leading people astray and jesus warns about that also....we are not under the law in judgment because of jesus but we are to up hold the law...or none of the law is of value...wakeup kriss..the sabbath is very important in these days of termoil

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It was never changed it was fullfilled by Christ it is not a day of worship it never was Its a day of restwhy dont you show me scripture that says you are to worship on the Sabbath Day bullfighter? all you do is judge about a day of worship you do not have anything but an opinion. We are to remember our Sabbath=Rest =ChristGod does not care what day we worship him only that we do so and never forget himhe is our Sabbath. You are the one that needs to wake up God is about more than what day you go to church if thats what you think you are wrong

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
What I get from it is that Christ died on Friday, rested (was in his grave) Saturday (sabbath) and rose on Sunday. I yet to see/hear any justifiable reason why the Sabbath was changed since It's one of the commandants and not just one of the old laws.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Mat 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:All this verse means is we are to pray our flight is not in winter or on our day of Rest(sabbath) thats any day we are resting in Christ not any particular dayChrist himself broke Sabbth day laws and healed it is because it was never about a day of worship it is a Day of Rest ........Rest in Jesus Christ

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(walking4him;47409)
What I get from it is that Christ died on Friday, rested (was in his grave) Saturday (sabbath) and rose on Sunday. I yet to see/hear any justifiable reason why the Sabbath was changed since It's one of the commandants and not just one of the old laws.
its not a worship day God made it a Day of Rest but when he died on the cross he fulfilled this Law and became our rest he fulfilled all the Laws and ordinces and Statutes its why we no longer sacrafice animals he fulfilled this and became our sacrafice he also became our rest Thats why we are not to judge anyone on what Sabbath day (rest day) they observe16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

walking4him

Mar 31, 2008
(kriss;47411)
its not a worship day God made it a Day of Rest but when he died on the cross he fulfilled this Law and became our rest he fulfilled all the Laws and ordinces and Statutes its why we no longer sacrafice animals he fulfilled this and became our sacrafice he also became our rest Thats why we are not to judge anyone on what Sabbath day (rest day) they observe16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Oh I don't judge a soul about what day the worship rest etc I look to Roman 14 for most of my issues with divisions in denominations and Christian religions. I was looking for a historical/biblical explanation for it.

Reymus

Jan 30, 2008
Hi all.I'd like to comment that in Europe, Sunday is the 7th day of the week. They start the week on Monday, and end the week on Sunday.Only in North America have we changed the calendar to a Sunday-first week.Do any of you really think that God is so hung up on semantics that he cares whether you choose to have your Sabbath on Saturday or Sunday? I think He intended it that, at least every 7th day, we stop and rest, and reflect on our Creator.In the end, it doesn't matter, as picking the correct day for the Sabbath means nothing in terms of whether you'll be eventually sitting at God's side or not. The one and only thing that matters is whether you've accepted salvation through Christ.Please accept my apologies if I've offended anyone, but it bothers me to see people arguing about things, while the most important fact is ignored completely.RegardsReymus

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
how many wives can your husband have in the sight of god if all the law was fullfilled in the way you say...(kriss;47411)

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
but is most important,just like the war in irac is and why it is there and how you will pay for it at the pumps..(Reymus;47460)
Hi all.I'd like to comment that in Europe, Sunday is the 7th day of the week. They start the week on Monday, and end the week on Sunday.Only in North America have we changed the calendar to a Sunday-first week.Do any of you really think that God is so hung up on semantics that he cares whether you choose to have your Sabbath on Saturday or Sunday? I think He intended it that, at least every 7th day, we stop and rest, and reflect on our Creator.In the end, it doesn't matter, as picking the correct day for the Sabbath means nothing in terms of whether you'll be eventually sitting at God's side or not. The one and only thing that matters is whether you've accepted salvation through Christ.Please accept my apologies if I've offended anyone, but it bothers me to see people arguing about things, while the most important fact is ignored completely.RegardsReymus

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Bullfighter you are otta line you wanna think God is about a day go ahead but knock off your sitting in judgement of everyone that gets Sabbath was never about Day of worship its a day of rest we rest in Christ until you can show me bible verses that say we are to worship on Sabbath then your judgement is not needed

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(bullfighter;47482)
how many wives can your husband have in the sight of god if all the law was fullfilled in the way you say...
If I break a law I repent to Christ now I dont go sacrafice a lamb Because my lord fullfilled Gods laws and now I rest (sabbath) in him everydayand he forgives me for my sins.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
(kriss;47404)
It is true he fulfilled the law, but he didnt change it just like the other 9 comands he fufilled them but they are still here today. Thats the question here. There is no where in bible the law was changed. Kriss this is simple bible 101. I am not a sabbath keeper but I do under stand the fufillment of the law.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
KrissRemember the sabbath and keep it holy. What can you do to keep the sabbath holy????????????? Worship!!!!!!!!!