Why we should use the KJV Bible on the Internet.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yahweh accepts His name in English? How do you know? did you ask Him? Or are you just spitballing here.

The fact is it doesn't matter how many bibles translate it Jehovah. All we have is YHWH with no vowels and so most bibles carried the tradition of Lord. I hope you don't mind Riburt!
I think he has an agenda

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he has an agenda

Of course he does! He is trying to convert people so they will attend the kingdom o0f darkness halls! I will battle him everywhere until he leaves or accepts the Bible as written and not reinterpreted by the Watchtower or the rapture or death, whichever comes first!

Reactions: RLT63

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact is RL that every English version of the Bible that translates the Divine Name into English unaltered renders it Jehovah. You might note as well that the translators of the KJV of the Bible tried to remove it, but were unable to, how do you explain that? Jehovah accepts His name in English, and after His name was spread throughout the earth Ex 9:16 He did allow some versions to almost remove it, but they still overlooked it in a few places. Do you know of any version that was able to remove it completely?
"Jehovah" accepts His name in English? What is the basis for your saying that? Other names for YHWH are Yahweh, The Lord. Because it is all consonants in Hebrew and was never meant by the Jews to be spoken, there is no correct translation of the tetragrammaton into English.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Me thinks that the KJV is not a useful manual to use to understand the ponderings on the internet and how the internet works.

The law of garbage in garbage out is the law most dominates on the internet

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Adonai is not in the NKJV. It's in the DBY and the Vulgate.
What word do you think is translated Lord Rl? At any rate it is in the oldest copies from which the Bible was taken. I will admit, I am ignorant of the sources the NKJV was translated from, but for it to be called after King James, no doubt they would have had to use the same sources as the original authorized version. YHWH is rendered Jehovah in English, whereas Adonai is rendered Lord

hwhy Y@hovah (yeh-ho-vaw'); Proper Name, Strong #: 3068
Jehovah = "the existing One"
  1. the proper name of the one true God
    1. unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of 0136
KJV Word Usage and Count
LORD6510
GOD4
JEHOVAH4
variant1

!wda 'adown (aw-done'); Noun Masculine, Strong #: 113
  1. firm, strong, lord, master
    1. lord, master
      1. reference to men 1a
    2. superintendent of household,of affairs 1a
    3. master 1a
    4. king
      1. reference to God 1a
    5. the Lord God 1a
    6. Lord of the whole earth
    7. lords, kings
      1. reference to men 1b
    8. proprietor of hill of Samaria 1b
    9. master 1b
    10. husband 1b
    11. prophet 1b
    12. governor 1b
    13. prince 1b
    14. king
      1. reference to God 1b
    15. Lord of lords (probably = "thy husband, Yahweh")
    16. my lord, my master
      1. reference to men 1c
    17. master 1c
    18. husband 1c
    19. prophet 1c
    20. prince 1c
    21. king 1c
    22. father 1c
    23. Moses 1c
    24. priest 1c
    25. theophanic angel 1c
    26. captain 1c
    27. general recognition of superiority
      1. reference to God 1c
    28. my Lord,my Lord and my God 1c
    29. Adonai (parallel with Yahweh)
KJV Word Usage and Count
lord197
master(s)105
Lord31
owner1
sir1

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yahweh accepts His name in English? How do you know? did you ask Him? Or are you just spitballing here.

The fact is it doesn't matter how many bibles translate it Jehovah. All we have is YHWH with no vowels and so most bibles carried the tradition of Lord. I hope you don't mind Riburt!
How else can you explain the translators of the King James version being unable to leave it out sir? Note also that when God's name became well known throughout the earth, that many translations have been able to remove it, however not one that I am aware of can remove it fully even still. Do you know of any Ron?

Look at the people who bear His name sir, first of all it was prophesied Rom 10:13-15 and secondly look at how far they have advanced. Yes it is clear to me Jehovah accepts His name, even though it varies among languages. YHWH does not translate into Lord any way you slice it Ron, and of course no vowels are in the Hebrew language, so again I ask, do you argue about all words in the Bible translated into English from Hebrew, or just this one?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Jehovah" accepts His name in English? What is the basis for your saying that? Other names for YHWH are Yahweh, The Lord. Because it is all consonants in Hebrew and was never meant by the Jews to be spoken, there is no correct translation of the tetragrammaton into English.
Yahweh is the way God's name is pronounced in Hebrew Jim. It is perfectly acceptable, but is not English, Jehovah is the English rendering of God's name. The reason I say God accepts it is that the translators of the King James Version of the Bible were extremely intelligent. No doubt you realize it was their intent to change God's name to LORD in all places where it occurs in the Bible, however they seemingly overlooked it 4 times, does that make sense to you? Ex 9:16. In fact, as far as I know no one has been able to entirely remove it from their versions in it's shortened form Jah. Do you know of any version Jim that has been able to remove it sir?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How else can you explain the translators of the King James version being unable to leave it out sir? Note also that when God's name became well known throughout the earth, that many translations have been able to remove it, however not one that I am aware of can remove it fully even still. Do you know of any Ron?

Look at the people who bear His name sir, first of all it was prophesied Rom 10:13-15 and secondly look at how far they have advanced. Yes it is clear to me Jehovah accepts His name, even though it varies among languages. YHWH does not translate into Lord any way you slice it Ron, and of course no vowels are in the Hebrew language, so again I ask, do you argue about all words in the Bible translated into English from Hebrew, or just this one?

Once again you are assuming Jehovah is correct. It simply cannot be proven! It is accpeted, but not proven. Just like evolution- it is accepted but not proven.

I take Yahweh after many Jewish believers call the name of God from th eOT.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you are assuming Jehovah is correct. It simply cannot be proven! It is accpeted, but not proven. Just like evolution- it is accepted but not proven.

Yahweh is His name Ron, nothing wrong with that. Since I post, and speak in English, I use His name in English. In fact I have noticed that recently names are being stated in the original language more and more. Take Jorge for example.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yahweh is His name Ron, nothing wrong with that. Since I post, and speak in English, I use His name in English. In fact I have noticed that recently names are being stated in the original language more and more. Take Jorge for example.

So why do you all fuss and fume about you using Gods name as Jehovah? That is not the name in Hebrew, nor is it the trsansliterated name from Hebrew. Even Yahweh though more accurate may not be correct.

But Irregardless , the name Jesus is the name now that is above all names.

And seeing how you make a fuss over Lord substituting Yahweh in English bibles- why do you not recognize Phil. 2 as Jesus is Yahweh as it would appear in a Hebrew New Testament?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So why do you all fuss and fume about you using Gods name as Jehovah? That is not the name in Hebrew, nor is it the trsansliterated name from Hebrew. Even Yahweh though more accurate may not be correct.

But Irregardless , the name Jesus is the name now that is above all names.

And seeing how you make a fuss over Lord substituting Yahweh in English bibles- why do you not recognize Phil. 2 as Jesus is Yahweh as it would appear in a Hebrew New Testament?
Yahweh is fine Ron, but you might examine your motives sir, like I said, do you believe Hebrew should not be translated to English, or just that word sir? Rather obvious huh?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yahweh is fine Ron, but you might examine your motives sir, like I said, do you believe Hebrew should not be translated to English, or just that word sir? Rather obvious huh?

Well if you had bothered to pay attention to all my postings to you, you would know you have just made a very foolish implication.

I examne mine constantly. Maybe you should focus more on you than me.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See posts #6 and #7
Those posts are not telling much of the truth about the Codex Vaticanus and Sinaiticus which Wescott and Hort used to create their new 1880s Greek New Testament text.

The Vaticanus was DISCOVERED in the Vatican in 1475. There is NO EVIDENCE of its existence back to the 3rd century A.D. like you have said in your post #6.

The Sinaiticus was only discovered in 1859 by Tischendorf in a Greek monastery. He is the one that attempted to date it, which it has not been proven to be as old as existing Greek manuscripts that show oxidation. The Sinaiticus is a 'white' colored manuscripts, SHOWING LITTLE AGING. And one Greek scholar at that monastery, Simonedes, claimed he created Sinaiticus as it was to be a gift to the Czar. It had so many errors that it became unpresentable. That is why the manuscript was found going to waste in a corner.

EVIDENCE = Vaticanus and Sinaiticus are MODERN Greek texts, much NEWER than the Greek Majority texts which Erasmus used for the Textus Receptus.

So because of what you've been posting, kind of saying one thing out of one side of your mouth, and then something totally different out of the other side of your mouth, it shows you are pushing confusion about the corruptions of the Critical texts, trying to give them an air of authenticity, while DOWNPLAYING the history of the Traditional Majority Greek texts.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like the NKJV, the NASB95 and the Net Bible Full Notes Edition. The NET is available online for free. It has the most extensive notes I've ever seen.
Ha, those are my two (now three) most used bibles, NKJV and NASB, not sure NASB is the 95 though...and yes, I also have a paraphrase but rarely use that anymore. And yes, as you know I now have the NET full notes study bible an I love it...do not understand all the symbols and such yet but will soon.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those posts are not telling much of the truth about the Codex Vaticanus and Sinaiticus which Wescott and Hort used to create their new 1880s Greek New Testament text.

The Vaticanus was DISCOVERED in the Vatican in 1475. There is NO EVIDENCE of its existence back to the 3rd century A.D. like you have said in your post #6.

The Sinaiticus was only discovered in 1859 by Tischendorf in a Greek monastery. He is the one that attempted to date it, which it has not been proven to be as old as existing Greek manuscripts that show oxidation. The Sinaiticus is a 'white' colored manuscripts, SHOWING LITTLE AGING. And one Greek scholar at that monastery, Simonedes, claimed he created Sinaiticus as it was to be a gift to the Czar. It had so many errors that it became unpresentable. That is why the manuscript was found going to waste in a corner.

EVIDENCE = Vaticanus and Sinaiticus are MODERN Greek texts, much NEWER than the Greek Majority texts which Erasmus used for the Textus Receptus.

So because of what you've been posting, kind of saying one thing out of one side of your mouth, and then something totally different out of the other side of your mouth, it shows you are pushing confusion about the corruptions of the Critical texts, trying to give them an air of authenticity, while DOWNPLAYING the history of the Traditional Majority Greek texts.
I don’t defend Vaticanus or Sinaiticus at all. They are bad enough on their own you don’t have to make unsubstantiated claims to make them look worse they are both poor documents.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t defend Vaticanus or Sinaiticus at all. They are bad enough on their own you don’t have to make unsubstantiated claims to make them look worse they are both poor documents.
And now you are trying to COUNTER what I said about Vaticanus and Sinaiticus being NEWER MODERN Greek texts (meaning much newer than the Majority texts).

Vaticanus was DISCOVERED in the Vatican library in 1475. It has NO PRIOR HISTORY! Wow, you'd think a 3rd century Greek manuscript would have a prior history, duh! Doesn't take much common sense to know it is NOT a 3rd century manuscript.

Sinaiticus has an even more sordid discovery. Modern scholars have believed ONE MAN'S CLAIM that Sinaiticus is older than the Majority texts! Now that's real... scholarship, isn't it? Also, the manuscript is WHITE IN COLOR showing not hardly any oxidation like ALL the ancient Greek texts have with their bronze color! Sinaiticus is white because it is a MODERN TEXT. It was discovered in 1859, and has no prior documented history.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now you are trying to COUNTER what I said about Vaticanus and Sinaiticus being NEWER MODERN Greek texts (meaning much newer than the Majority texts).

Vaticanus was DISCOVERED in the Vatican library in 1475. It has NO PRIOR HISTORY! Wow, you'd think a 3rd century Greek manuscript would have a prior history, duh! Doesn't take much common sense to know it is NOT a 3rd century manuscript.

Sinaiticus has an even more sordid discovery. Modern scholars have believed ONE MAN'S CLAIM that Sinaiticus is older than the Majority texts! Now that's real... scholarship, isn't it? Also, the manuscript is WHITE IN COLOR showing not hardly any oxidation like ALL the ancient Greek texts have with their bronze color! Sinaiticus is white because it is a MODERN TEXT. It was discovered in 1859, and has no prior documented history.
Look I’m not going to defend those documents. I’ve already stated they are poor documents. I don’t know about some of your claims but I agree they are poor documents

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you had bothered to pay attention to all my postings to you, you would know you have just made a very foolish implication.

I examne mine constantly. Maybe you should focus more on you than me.
Really? How many other Hebrew words do you reject in English sir, I don't recall seeing that before?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha, those are my two (now three) most used bibles, NKJV and NASB, not sure NASB is the 95 though...and yes, I also have a paraphrase but rarely use that anymore. And yes, as you know I now have the NET full notes study bible an I love it...do not understand all the symbols and such yet but will soon.
We are on the same page!