Why would Jesus Christ purchase a harlot with His blood

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would Jesus Christ purchase a harlot with His blood and thereby, cleanse her of all her filth?

Woman was created and designed for relationship and intimacy with man. Same as mankind was created and designed for relationship and intimacy with an eternal God. Yet, mankind has a habit of turning God into profit. Yet mankind has a habit of turning God into a fantasy concocted in the mind, a more appealing version of God. We tear at God for selfish gain while proclaiming our own goodness. We grope at God. We consume God. We take from God. We demand of God. And we blame God.

By faith...the harlot Rahab perished not.

Jesus knows the harlot that has been consumed and devoured by man for man’s own wicked, selfish impulses. Jesus knows the woman by the well, excommunicated by others. Jesus knows the woman stoned. (Matthew 21: 31) "Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you."

This world calls the physical intimacy. This world calls sex intimacy. We know that sex does not always mean intimacy. God calls intimacy a relationship. God calls intimacy a commitment. God calls love a covenant sealed with blood. Consider the commitment Christ has made to His bride. It is not based off the physical, but something much more. Something much more deeper and real.

How often have we made other things a god or idol as a means of fulfillment? How many times have we wanted to consume what God has offered for the fulfillment of our fleshly desires, only to then walk away from the true intimacy part?

So, I ask: Why would Jesus Christ purchase a harlot with his blood and thereby, cleanse her of all her unrighteousness? Out of Love.

This world’s definition of a whore is different from God’s. We think of a whore as someone that wanders the streets. She is sparse in clothing, same as her diminishing value. She is a woman consumed by the lust of men. A target. Beaten. Oppressed. Abused. We consider the whore used- up. Lowly. Disease ridden. Fit for nothing more than for the fulfillment of the needs of others. She is a servant, but a servant of the wrong-kind. Fit for nothing more than the dunghill. Men turn the whore into profit. Men turn her into a fantasy concocted in the mind, a more appealing version. Men whisper they love her, but their action never supports it. Men tear at her for selfish gain while proclaiming their own goodness. Men rape her for selfish gain. Men grope at her. Men consume her. Men demand of her. And men blame her for their own selfish acts.

God’s definition of a whore is something entirely different:

The Whore

By outward appearance anyone would call her religious. She dresses the part, adorning her body with the finest the world offers. Purple and scarlet. Gold and precious stones. She possess great wealth. She disguises her true worldly nature underneath a clean garment that does not belong to her. A garment that belongs to another. She feigns righteousness since; a chase virgin is preferred.

“She saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.” (Revelation)

The whore speaks of love and forgiveness but houses only bitterness. She is a ruse. A broken cistern without water. A willing ear for the smoldering whispers of those filled with desire. Men are drawn to her by way of escape of their burdens. They come to her by night, in secret, giving themselves over to her fornication. Into the whores’ embrace, men fall. One by one. Into their lust, they fall headlong.

The whore has turned God into profit. She has turned God into a fantasy concocted in her mind. A more appealing version of God. She tears at God for selfish gain while manifesting herself as goodness and purity since; a chase virgin is preferred.

The whore preferers the darkness to shroud her filth.
Night after night she feeds the appetites of men and kings.
Enticing them against God... and away from God.​

(Revelation 18:3-7)

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow."

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why would Jesus Christ purchase a harlot with His blood and thereby, cleanse her of all her filth?

Woman was created and designed for relationship and intimacy with man. Same as mankind was created and designed for relationship and intimacy with an eternal God. Yet, mankind has a habit of turning God into profit. Yet mankind has a habit of turning God into a fantasy concocted in the mind, a more appealing version of God. We tear at God for selfish gain while proclaiming our own goodness. We grope at God. We consume God. We take from God. We demand of God. And we blame God.

By faith...the harlot Rahab perished not.

Jesus knows the harlot that has been consumed and devoured by man for man’s own wicked, selfish impulses. Jesus knows the woman by the well, excommunicated by others. Jesus knows the woman stoned. (Matthew 21: 31) "Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you."

This world calls the physical intimacy. This world calls sex intimacy. We know that sex does not always mean intimacy. God calls intimacy a relationship. God calls intimacy a commitment. God calls love a covenant sealed with blood. Consider the commitment Christ has made to His bride. It is not based off the physical, but something much more. Something much more deeper and real.

How often have we made other things a god or idol as a means of fulfillment? How many times have we wanted to consume what God has offered for the fulfillment of our fleshly desires, only to then walk away from the true intimacy part?

So, I ask: Why would Jesus Christ purchase a harlot with his blood and thereby, cleanse her of all her unrighteousness? Out of Love.

This world’s definition of a whore is different from God’s. We think of a whore as someone that wanders the streets. She is sparse in clothing, same as her diminishing value. She is a woman consumed by the lust of men. A target. Beaten. Oppressed. Abused. We consider the whore used- up. Lowly. Disease ridden. Fit for nothing more than for the fulfillment of the needs of others. She is a servant, but a servant of the wrong-kind. Fit for nothing more than the dunghill. Men turn the whore into profit. Men turn her into a fantasy concocted in the mind, a more appealing version. Men whisper they love her, but their action never supports it. Men tear at her for selfish gain while proclaiming their own goodness. Men rape her for selfish gain. Men grope at her. Men consume her. Men demand of her. And men blame her for their own selfish acts.

God’s definition of a whore is something entirely different:

The Whore

By outward appearance anyone would call her religious. She dresses the part, adorning her body with the finest the world offers. Purple and scarlet. Gold and precious stones. She possess great wealth. She disguises her true worldly nature underneath a clean garment that does not belong to her. A garment that belongs to another. She feigns righteousness since; a chase virgin is preferred.

“She saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.” (Revelation)

The whore speaks of love and forgiveness but houses only bitterness. She is a ruse. A broken cistern without water. A willing ear for the smoldering whispers of those filled with desire. Men are drawn to her by way of escape of their burdens. They come to her by night, in secret, giving themselves over to her fornication. Into the whores’ embrace, men fall. One by one. Into their lust, they fall headlong.

The whore has turned God into profit. She has turned God into a fantasy concocted in her mind. A more appealing version of God. She tears at God for selfish gain while manifesting herself as goodness and purity since; a chase virgin is preferred.

The whore preferers the darkness to shroud her filth.
Night after night she feeds the appetites of men and kings.
Enticing them against God... and away from God.​

(Revelation 18:3-7)

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow."

The answer is simple. Both the prostitute and I are sinners. Jesus died to cleanse ALL sinners from sin.

Oz

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus liad down his life to restore us to original created value. Because He loves us. God loves us and thought we are worth the blood so its a done deal. He died for Rahab becuase she was worth His blood, she was worth the pain, she was worth the suffering. Why dont we get how much He loves us.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We can equally say..."Why did ( the first) Adam choose the woman and eat of the forbidden fruit?"
He saw her fall, and because of love, he CHOSE also eat and shared her fate..he willing sinned by choice ....
The Last Adam not only willingly took part of the woman's shame and sin, by choice He took ALL her fate and sin, He redeemed His bride....Adam was a type of Christ. He chose his bride, just as Jesus chose His Bride and laid down His life for her life.

Reactions: Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And it is awsome in Gods site. Woohoo He loves me. Its like the petals thing young ones do. He loves me. and theres no He loves me not. Its just He loves me. He loves me. He loves me always haha. Jesus you are so beautifull I love You Jesus Thansk you You really Came Father God thank you, You saw value in us. Your amazing Father. Holy Ghost bless you. You are with me always. I stir you up with my tounges and we go heal the sick we lay down together. You are totally awsome I love you thanks you for dying for me Jesus.

Reactions: Helen