why would the Lord God, not be with you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is a very big word. The fact that after 15 posts you have yet to give your definition, like I said, I can't imagine that you have even a remote comprehension of what it is, or its depth.
...personally, it's like you often write these cryptic and ambiguous posts, just so that you can be difficult and correcting with all the responses that you receive?
it's not my definition that should be sot for. Truth of God is of God.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't love what you don't know is absolutely true, hence one must receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 

if you don't experience a thing or have received a revelation of a thing you don't know it, is correct. but to believe/trust also known as faith is to love it, and you can't love or place one's faith in something you don't know. if you would love to know the Truth then call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. He takes care of the rest. the Lord always honors the faithfulness to the truth of God.

Not one is righteous, not even one! Rom. 3:10.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
it's not my definition that should be sot for. Truth of God is of God.
You sound like a parakeet!
Are you ever willing to offer your definition of truth? ...yes, I'm scared to ask, in that I can anticipate what nonsense, or statement of the obvious (like you accused others), will ensue!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound like a parakeet!
Are you ever willing to offer your definition of truth? ...yes, I'm scared to ask, in that I can anticipate what nonsense, or statement of the obvious (like you accused others), will ensue!

hardy har har, oh boy you sure are clever.

no, its not man's job to define the Truth, it's the Lord God's prerogative to reveal the Truth to whom He please:

Exo_33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one is righteous, not even one! Rom. 3:10.

absolutely true, as Jesus said only God is good. and Paul teaches that Jesus is our righteousness and justifier. therefore we must receive the love of the Truth that the Father has for His Beloved Son who is the Truth.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't love what you don't know is absolutely true, hence one must receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:10  And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 

if you don't experience a thing or have received a revelation of a thing you don't know it, is correct. but to believe/trust also known as faith is to love it, and you can't love or place one's faith in something you don't know. if you would love to know the Truth then call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. He takes care of the rest. the Lord always honors the faithfulness to the truth of God.
That's pretty much Christianity 101. Truth is a person, not only a matter of believing the correct things. Ultimately, we trust in him, not in our goodness or how accurate our theology is

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hardy har har, oh boy you sure are clever.

no, its not man's job to define the Truth, it's the Lord God's prerogative to reveal the Truth to whom He please:

Exo_33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
Ok, if you cannot comply with your own OP, then I will.
Yes, your are right, but partially (having God with you, requires many things, not just one).

Love of the truth, is the beginning of wisdom and of being in accordance with God.
God has established what truth is, therefore, love of the truth, is love of both what God has ordained, and essentially, who He is.

And God's truth is that He has established before history began, that his pre-eminent Son would rule over his Father's entire created universe, and all that is contained therein.
And all who acknowledge that Christ is the first-born of all creation, and the first-born from the dead, king of Kings and Lord of Lords, will receive God's approbation. Even, in the world now (God is with those who abide), and in the world to come (all will be with God).

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's pretty much Christianity 101. Truth is a person, not only a matter of believing the correct things. Ultimately, we trust in him, not in our goodness or how accurate our theology is

well you asked a Christianity 101 question, therefore you get a 101 answer.

well belief and trust equals faith. and you can't believe and trust what you don't know nor would you believe and trust what you don't already have a love for, and in this case one must receive that love for because its not inherent in human nature. Love for the Truth is of God, hence in God's nature.

as far as theology, theology is of men, and correct thinking is the Lord's thinking, as Paul refers to "the mind of Christ" 1Co 2:16 which the born again have. if the son believes and trusts his father, then he will think as the father thinks. the Life received by the born again is the Life of Christ which is the Son of the Father who thinks as the Father thinks, of which the born again have the power to become sons of God.

theology and man's thinking doesn't really come into play there, and is basically irrelevant.

Last edited:

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well you asked a Christianity 101 question, therefore you get a 101 answer.

well belief and trust equals faith. and you can't believe and trust what you don't know nor would you believe and trust what you don't already have a love for, and in this case one must receive that love for because its not inherent in human nature. Love for the Truth is of God, hence in God's nature.

as far as theology, theology is of men, and correct thinking is the Lord's thinking, as Paul refers to "the mind of Christ" 1Co 2:16 which the born again have. if the son believes and trusts his father, then he will think as the father thinks. the Life received by the born again is the Life of Christ which is the Son of the Father who thinks as the Father thinks, of which the born again have the power to become sons of God.

theology and man's thinking doesn't really come into play there, and is basically irrelevant.

Since you brought it up, just curious!

What happened when you received the mind of Christ?
And what does it feel like to have it ?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you brought it up, just curious!

What happened when you received the mind of Christ?
And what does it feel like to have it ?

when born again one receives the new Life but all the garbage in the house or temple is yet to be removed. and when its removed it need be replaced with the knowledge and understanding that come from God, the Truth if you like. hence overcoming many lies issues and so on. that is a prosses that can take years. some have it hard within themselves.

but that "mind" if you like, is available accordingly, but it takes work some times to get there. simple, the Lord's Way of thinking is correct, ours is not.
James says it a certain way here:

Jas 1:2  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 
Jas 1:3  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 
Jas 1:4  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 
Jas 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 
Jas 1:6  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 
Jas 1:7  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 
Jas 1:8  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. 

one has to trust that the Lord God can bring one to the knowledge and understanding one needs, to over come. the Lord isn't interested in having foolish children.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when born again one receives the new Life but all the garbage in the house or temple is yet to be removed. and when its removed it need be replaced with the knowledge and understanding that come from God, the Truth if you like. hence overcoming many lies issues and so on. that is a prosses that can take years. some have it hard within themselves.

but that "mind" if you like, is available accordingly, but it takes work some times to get there. simple, the Lord's Way of thinking is correct, ours is not.
James says it a certain way here:

Jas 1:2  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 
Jas 1:3  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 
Jas 1:4  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 
Jas 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 
Jas 1:6  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 
Jas 1:7  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 
Jas 1:8  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. 

one has to trust that the Lord God can bring one to the knowledge and understanding one needs, to over come. the Lord isn't interested in having foolish children.

I hate to re ask the question, but I will one more time.

What happened when you received the " mind of Christ"?
And what does it feel like to live with it every day.

The reason I'm asking is the scriptures tell us what happens when we receive the Spirit of Christ. But it doesn't tell us what happens when we also receive the mind of Christ. We have to have the accual experience to know.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate to re ask the question, but I will one more time.

What happened when you received the " mind of Christ"?
And what does it feel like to live with it every day.

The reason I'm asking is the scriptures tell us what happens when we receive the Spirit of Christ. But it doesn't tell us what happens when we also receive the mind of Christ. We have to have the accual experience to know.

I just told you, and the Life of Christ received (Holy Spirit) would include the mind of Christ wouldn't it.

1Co 2:11  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 
1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 
1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 
1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 
1Co 2:15  But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 
1Co 2:16  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 

the life includes spirit the heart and the mind, in the future the body of which is to be received at resurrection, that is of Christ.

the law is written on their hearts, hence one's own heart set aside for the heart of Christ. one's own mind set aside for the mind of Christ.

you'd have to be born again (be there) to get it I guess.

Faither

Jul 28, 2019
Usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just told you, and the Life of Christ received (Holy Spirit) would include the mind of Christ wouldn't it.

1Co 2:11  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 
1Co 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 
1Co 2:13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 
1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 
1Co 2:15  But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 
1Co 2:16  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ. 

the life includes spirit the heart and the mind, in the future the body of which is to be received at resurrection, that is of Christ.

the law is written on their hearts, hence one's own heart set aside for the heart of Christ. one's own mind set aside for the mind of Christ.

you'd have to be born again (be there) to get it I guess.

Okay thanks.