Will the Jews build a Third Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only ones I know that embrace the Old Covenant are those that don't accept Jesus as the Son of God!

Stan, we can't embrace both the old and the new!
Rocky, The Old Covenant, as with all covenants, is an agreement between two groups. While the Jews are the Party of the 2nd Part on one side, while God is the Party of the First Part on the other. And when God says this Covenant is between God and Abraham, and his seed forever, I think it would be inappropriate for me to judge God for entering into this Covenant.

Notwithstanding, God says, "A New Covenant, He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." Hebrews 8:13

Will God EVER abandon his wife Israel?

"Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel because of all they have done," Jeremiah 31:37

“I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake,
And I will not remember your sins. Isaiah 43:25

So, “In the Lord ALL the offspring of Israel Will be justified and will glory.” Isaiah 45:25

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Rocky, The Old Covenant, as with all covenants, is an agreement between two groups. While the Jews are the Party of the 2nd Part on one side, while God is the Party of the First Part on the other. And when God says this Covenant is between God and Abraham, and his seed forever, I think it would be inappropriate for me to judge God for entering into this Covenant.

Notwithstanding, God says, "A New Covenant, He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear." Hebrews 8:13

Will God EVER abandon his wife Israel?

"Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel because of all they have done," Jeremiah 31:37

“I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake,
And I will not remember your sins. Isaiah 43:25

So, “In the Lord ALL the offspring of Israel Will be justified and will glory.” Isaiah 45:25

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

You see then that no one can have eternal life by the law. Jesus had to come for those that lived under law, as many of the scriptures of the old point to the new, but again we could not have be saved by the old. You and I are blessed to be living under grace since we could not have even been promised eternal life under the old, being gentiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You see then that no one can have eternal life by the law. Jesus had to come for those that lived under law, as many of the scriptures of the old point to the new, but again we could not have be saved by the old. You and I are blessed to be living under grace since we could not have even been promised eternal life under the old, being gentiles.

"For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so ** *ALL *** all Israel will be saved; just as it is written “This is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins. (Romans 11:25-27)

Are you suggesting that in His promise to the seed of Abraham, that God lied to them??!! Or that God is too stupid to figure out how to keep His promise to Israel?

While you may have chosen to follow some sort of apostate religion that declares that God is a liar, that religion has no part in my life! My foundation is upon the Rock, the Word of God.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
"For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so ** *ALL *** all Israel will be saved; just as it is written “This is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins. (Romans 11:25-27)

Are you suggesting that in His promise to the seed of Abraham, that God lied to them??!! Or that God is too stupid to figure out how to keep His promise to Israel?

While you may have chosen to follow some sort of apostate religion that declares that God is a liar, that religion has no part in my life! My foundation is upon the Rock, the Word of God.
No one, not one, including those of the tribe of Israel will be saved by law. They will come to the realization that they must accept Jesus as God and their savior.
They will have to become believers of Jesus or NONE, not a single one of them, can be saved.

No matter how many scriptures from the old you quote, they can not change the new.

Last edited:

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one, not one, including those of the tribe of Israel will be saved by law. They will come to the realization that they must accept Jesus as God and their savior.
They will have to become believers of Jesus or NONE, not a single one of them, can be saved.

No matter how many scriptures from the old you quote, they can not change the new.

Seems that you also reject the new, wherein Paul declares:

"For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so ALL all Israel will be saved; just as it is written “This is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins. (Romans 11:25-27)

It is obvious to me that you reject both the Old and the New!

I don't know what kind of Scripture-rejecting cult you belong to, but it is certainly not lead by a Holy spirit, but by a spirit of darkness.

Enjoy your fantasy. :-(

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one, not one, including those of the tribe of Israel will be saved by law.
What makes you think that anyone is suggesting that Israel will be saved by the Law after the Second Coming of Christ? They all will be saved by grace through faith, and those who are saved will be born again under the New Covenant. See the prophecy of Ezekiel.

Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What makes you think that anyone is suggesting that Israel will be saved by the Law after the Second Coming of Christ? They all will be saved by grace through faith, and those who are saved will be born again under the New Covenant. See the prophecy of Ezekiel.

I tend to think that it is somewhat beyond mere faith, as God reveals to them the reality of His love for them by sight:

"Then I will pour out on the house of David and on the residents of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and prayer, and they will look on Me, the One they have pierced. They will mourn for Him as one mourns an only child, and weep bitterly for Him as one grieves a firstborn son." Zechariah 12:10

I love this passage, revealing God's boundless love for His firstborn, His beloved: Israel.

Reactions: Enoch111

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Seems that you also reject the new, wherein Paul declares:

"For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; and so ALL all Israel will be saved; just as it is written “This is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins. (Romans 11:25-27)

It is obvious to me that you reject both the Old and the New!

I don't know what kind of Scripture-rejecting cult you belong to, but it is certainly not lead by a Holy spirit, but by a spirit of darkness.

Enjoy your fantasy. :-(
Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I would say that any so called Christine who peddles in the hope of any building of such, is one guilty of having a Works based religion.

Such must not be truly born again, as they are only religious.

I think that they have no faith in Jesus Christ.

Why does a dog go back to it's vomit ?

Oh they are looking forward to the Devil coming ? but but but but ? oh then after that in comes the Kingdom of God, but do they believe that they will be so called raptured up so the poor little darling will not reap what they sowed. this is what I have heard from such claiming, well demanding that they are saved and that they will not go through the Hellfire. Johnny the boy has it all in the bag ! but does he truly.

I don't think that one who is truly born again does abide in evil, so that good comes from it.

Reactions: Rocky Wiley

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While there are Jewish organizations preparing for the reinstatement of "temple" worship, including the identification of legitimate descendants of Aaron for the priesthood, it would be difficult for religious scholars to justify the rebuilding of the temple without possession of the ark of the covenant. (The temple was built to be a house for the ark and the presence of God manifested as the shekina appearing over the "mercy seat". Should the ark reappear (and it may be in the possession of Ethiopian Christians) there would then be justification to build a new temple to house it (though a tabernacle would do.)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Temple Mount where we think it is?

listen to it all before you make judgments, he uses scripture and historical records to prove his point, it blew me away, if this is true, they could start building the temple tomorrow and no one would say a word

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
I came across this:
"This second temple lasted until AD 70, when it was razed to the ground by Roman soldiers under Titus. Today, many orthodox Jews long to re-establish the temple and its ancient systems, including the sacrifices. Some even hope that the story of Cyrus will be repeated by a modern ruler.

These Jews took great encouragement when Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election in the United States because they remembered his promise to recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. They also note that Russian leader Vladimir Putin has expressed a desire for the temple to be restored. “We are poised to rebuild the Temple,” said Rabbi Hillel Weiss, spokesman for a group called the Nascent Sanhedrin"..The third temple prophecy

God does not want a temple of stone. Know ye not that we are the temple of God? He wants those who believe in Him to be his temple.
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Second Coming happens at the last trumpet, and after 3.5 years of time, from Seal 1 to the last thunder. The final harvest is Jesus with a sword in His mouth/the breadth of His mouth. This harvest will be all those lost who rejected God all the way through until the 7th Trumpet. If all have come to God at the 7th Trumpet, there will be no final harvest.

No one can come to God after the Second Coming. The battle of Armageddon, in the plain of Megiddo is it. This last purge on a Sunday, will usher in the Millennium Rule of Christ the Kingdom of this world is now under the rule of Christ. That Satan gets a second is not a good thing, but Satan will be destroyed at the end of the week, even if the last 3.5 days of the week get postponed for 3.5 years.

Satan's deception will be revealed in the 7th seal. Because all alive on earth will cry out in mercy, asking God not to pour out his wrath. That is why a church will not be present. They will be in their glorified bodies.

The church is not about the sheep and goats, wheat and tares. When the church leaves, all eyes will be turned on Jerusalem. Because that is where Jesus and his 144k disciples are going to work out of just like the first time. The rapture is not about escape or not being able to endure. It is Daniel's (A Jew) and the house of Jacob (All Jews) last week where Jesus is going to just address the Jews. Whereby a nation is born in a day. We are not told the Good that is going to happen. We are told that while Jesus and his 144K disciples are turning humanity to God, God is sending judgment at the same time. It is the dividing of the Jews from the tares. It is culling of the goats from the sheep.

All that Jesus taught in the 4 Gospels will happen again in the end. It is not the Law. It is the economy of a Tabernacle situation. It is going to be like calling God’s people one more time out of Egypt (the world). It will address the whole world though, through the eyes of those who say a Moses never lived. Genesis is not science, etc. No one will be an athiest. No one will have an excuse, stating God and Jesus are just mythology of the ancients.

Humans will still have free choice to accept God. It will not be by Faith. It will be by sight. People's works will show who they are for. Remain true to this world and Satan, or serve God on the throne.

People refuse by faith and declare the OT God as horrible. Now they can actually say to God, "You are horrible", and actually mean it. It will be outright defiance by some. Because they practice it now by faith, but then they can do it in the public square, and may even get others to agree with them.

I still cannot figure out why some think walking around in a bright light looking just like God on the throne is a thing to endure. It would make people more mad that someone they knew could have been a better witness, but was a hypocritic. Now showing off their glorified bodies around God’s throne will irritate them more. Sure, sounds kind of easy enduring with a glorified body, unless people think even those with glorified bodies can end up in hell.

Revelation 7:14-17
They have washed their robes and made them white with the blood of the Lamb.
15 That is why they are before God’s throne.
“Day and night they serve him in his Temple;
and the One who sits on the throne
will put his Sh’khinah upon them.
16 “They will never again be hungry,
they will never again be thirsty,
the sun will not beat down on them
nor will any burning heat.
17 “For the Lamb at the center of the throne
will shepherd them, will lead them
to springs of living water,
and God will wipe every tear from their eyes.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are somewhat confused about the timing of future events.
Believing a thing will not change it. I am not confused. You just do not believe what I say is the truth. It is reading Revelation, without hundreds of different opinions. John wrote the chapters in order and even told us to search out the mystery of a man's name and why that man required 666 on his forehead.

The problem is everyone is looking for antichrist, when the NT said, "Don't". Antichrist are just humans running around claiming to be Christ. Satan wants to be proclaimed but cannot, because God will not allow it. Thus looking for an Antichrist is the next best thing. We should be looking For Jesus Christ the Lamb, not anything else. It is Satan who started the Antichrist rumor, and messing with every one's timetable.

Reactions: Rocky Wiley

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Only a very small Jewish minority want a new Temple.
Most Israelis, especially the Haredi Jews, refuse to step onto the Temple Mount as they are scared to walk over the place where the holy of holies was. The rest know very well that to demolish the Dome of the Rock, or even to build alongside it, would start a war.

It will be men from far away who will build the new Temple. Zechariah 6:15
The new inhabitants of all the holy Land, all the faithful Christian peoples. John see them there soon after the Sixth Seal event has cleared and cleansed that entire area. Revelation 6:12-17, Revelation 7:1-14

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came across this:
"This second temple lasted until AD 70, when it was razed to the ground by Roman soldiers under Titus. Today, many orthodox Jews long to re-establish the temple and its ancient systems, including the sacrifices. Some even hope that the story of Cyrus will be repeated by a modern ruler.

These Jews took great encouragement when Donald Trump won the 2016 presidential election in the United States because they remembered his promise to recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. They also note that Russian leader Vladimir Putin has expressed a desire for the temple to be restored. “We are poised to rebuild the Temple,” said Rabbi Hillel Weiss, spokesman for a group called the Nascent Sanhedrin"..The third temple prophecy

Cornerstone has been cut for quite a number of years already. The orthodox Jews have tried to place it on the Temple Mount a couple of times already, but were stopped by the Israeli government. Temple artifacts have been made, and some of them are on display in Jerusalem.

The "abomination of desolation" prophecy from the Book of Daniel about the end requires a standing Jewish temple in Jerusalem for the endtime Antichrist to fulfill the prophecy. It's about the placing of an idol inside the temple in Jerusalem, and the false one exalting himself above God.

In 2 Thess.2, Paul said he will exalt himself AS God, and over all that is worshiped or that is called God. All that is worshiped? over all that is even called God? and the power to work miracles with that. That's very powerful stuff. No flesh born man has ever done that before, deceiving the whole world into believing he is God.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's about the placing of an idol inside the temple in Jerusalem, and the false one exalting himself above God.

Hello Davy,

I am curious as to why you think this is referring to that covenant that was finished at the destruction of the temple (and thus requires a new temple of stone to be built) and not to the new covenant and the Church?

Peace!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Jews will not build a new Temple, they are not the people prophesied to do it.
And PJ, the new Covenant does not preclude a new Temple; we have Church's, places to worship God, don't we?

Zechariah 8:7-9 The Lord says: I am soon to rescue My people from the countries in the East and the West, they will come to live in Jerusalem, [all of the holy Land] and be My faithful people and I will be their God. Romans 9:24-26, Ezekiel 34:11-16...My sheep; John 10:1-27, Matthew 15:24
….Take heart all you who now hear the Promise that the Temple is to be rebuilt, as the Prophets have said. Zechariah 6:15, Haggai 2:6-9