Will you be caught up in the rapture or left-behind??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "taking away" ~ sending away, of the ones on Jesus's left, the wicked ~ will occur at the final Judgment, as portrayed in Matthew 25:31-46, specifically verses 41-46. Too much is apparently being read into Matthew 24 by some posters here, or so it seems. In that specific passage, all we can really take from it is that Jesus's return will be unexpected and sudden, especially by unbelievers who only meet any word of Christ's return with scorn and dismissiveness and will thus be... surprised... and horrified. Such was the case in the days of Noah when the flood came, and such will be the case when Christ return.
You of course appear to be presenting man's false pre-trib rapture theory, if you think Lord Jesus was lying when He showed His future coming to gather His saints is AFTER the tribulation of those days...

Matt 24:29-31
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

Thus your attempt to misrepresent the timeline and SIGNS of the end which Jesus gave in Matthew 24 (and in the Mark 13 version), is actually a very pathetic attempt to push falseness against Christ's Own Words there.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Matthew 25 separation of Christ's sheep from the goats is very simple...

Matthew 25:31
31 When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory:

That is about the day of Christ's future return, to this earth, to sit upon the throne of His inheritance, David's throne, an earthly throne.

32 And before Him shall be gathered all nations: and He shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, "Come, ye blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:"

Christ's sheep mean His elect who remained "a chaste virgin" spiritually, waiting for His coming after the tribulation, and those previously who died in Christ, that will reign over the nations with Him. Everyone else will be assigned to those below...

Matt 25:41
41 Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"
KJV

These represent the UNSAVED nations, and the deceived, that Christ and His elect will reign over with a "rod of iron" for the "thousand years" of Rev.20. These will still be in a condition of 'liable to perish', with their souls still not having put on immortality through Faith on Christ Jesus. That is what the "second death" of Rev.20 is about.

It will be the job of Christ's elect to teach... those unsaved during that 1,000 years. Some of them will convert to Jesus during the 1,000 years, and be part of the "first resurrection" unto Christ, with their names found written in the book of life, when it is checked a final time at God's GWT Judgment (Rev.20).

That 1,000 years reign is not mentioned here by Lord Jesus, but instead here, He goes straight to the time after... God's Great White Throne Judgment at the end of the 1,000 years (per Rev.20). Just because the 1,000 years isn't mentioned here does not mean it won't take place first before the future "lake of fire" destruction.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see two possible interpretations of this passage.
1. the flood came and took away the wicked. [them all = the wicked]
or
2. the flood came and took away those who entered the arc. [them all = everyone in the arc]
No.2 as a choice is confusion. Jesus showed it was those outside... the ark, that were 'taken' away.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How 'bout John 3 then? are you familiar with that when Jesus was speaking with Nicodemus that one must be "born again"?

One's soul, even while still alive in the flesh walking upon this earth, is either "born again" in Jesus Christ by The Holy Spirit, or one is a non-believer and is 'spiritually dead' inside and assigned to perdition in the future "lake of fire". It's that simple.
Okay. I would define your statement as a matter of "status", describing the condition of a person. As such, it doesn't answer a locative interrogative. The question isn't "who" or "what". The question is "where." Born-again people can be located anywhere on Earth. The spiritually dead are not restricted to one location. Spiritual deadness is not an answer to "where."
Therefore, Pre-trib Rapture's theory about those in Christ being the 1st one TAKEN is a FALSEHOOD. Those in Christ DO NOT want to be the 1st 'taken', for that's about the dead "carcase", the spiritually dead, according to Lord Jesus.
By quick inspection of Luke 17, it is apparent who is the "taken." Jesus illustrates his point with the story of Lot and his family, wherein the two angels took Lot and his wife outside the city to an area of safety. By analogy then, the one in bed who is taken is being taken to safety.

The disciples want to know the location where safety can be found. Where is the place of safety? Where will they be taken?

His answer is another metaphor.

"And He said to them, “Where the body is, there also the vultures will be gathered.”

The answer to the question "where" is "wherever the body is, the eagles are gathered."

After additional consideration, I have decided that Jesus refers to "the body of Christ" and his answer as to "where" is "The body of Christ will be gathered where the eagles typically fly." In other words, high up in the air. This is just as Paul said. The body of Christ will be gathered to Jesus in the air. 1Thessalonians 4:17. The place of safety is up in the clouds.

This is the reason why one need not listen to those who give a ground location, "here" or "there." The Body will be gathered up where the eagles fly.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.2 is impossible and against the Scriptures about the flood of Noah's day, and for the end of this world.

God 'sealed' Noah and his family inside the ark. Have you not realized how that 'sealed' idea as used in Christ's Revelation, and is about Christ's protection away from temptation and deception at the end of this world?

Thus no.2 as a choice is impossible per God's Word. Christ Jesus now is our ARK of protection for the end time symbolic 'flood' by the "serpent" of Rev.12:15.
Of course, God sealed Noah and his family inside the ark. In that sense, he took them away from the flood's destructive force. The Ark was a place of safety.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.2 as a choice is confusion. Jesus showed it was those outside... the ark, that were 'taken' away.
I understand this is how you hear it.

Have you ever seen the picture of the hag? Some people see a hag, other people see a young woman. Both people are looking at the same picture.

Likewise, both of us are seeing the same verse. You see victims being taken away to drown. I see survivors being taken away to safety.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You of course appear to be presenting man's false pre-trib rapture theory
Absolutely not.

...if you think Lord Jesus was lying when He showed His future coming to gather His saints is AFTER the tribulation of those days...
Ha! No, I'm sure Jesus was not lying, nor was He mistaken. :)

Thus your attempt to misrepresent the timeline and SIGNS of the end....
...was a misperception on your part.

...actually a very pathetic attempt to push falseness against Christ's Own Words there.
Well, it would have been, if what you thought I was saying was actually what I was saying...

Grace and peace to you, Davy.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. I would define your statement as a matter of "status", describing the condition of a person. As such, it doesn't answer a locative interrogative. The question isn't "who" or "what". The question is "where." Born-again people can be located anywhere on Earth. The spiritually dead are not restricted to one location. Spiritual deadness is not an answer to "where."

It's obvious that you are still wanting to fight against the actual meaning by Lord Jesus about the dead "carcase" being those 1st ones 'taken'. He indeed used a metaphor in answer to His disciple's question about those taken with "Where, Lord", and His answer using that "carcase" metaphor and fowls isn't that hard to understand.

So why don't you own up to the fact that you reject... His answer there in Luke 17:37, because it conflicts with the false pre-trib rapture doctrine from men that you would rather believe on?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Them who? The flood took Noah and his family away in a different sense.

Consider Malachi 4. Here Malachi describes a single event, which will involve two groups of people: 1) those who fear the Lord and 2) The arrogant evil doers. And each group will experience the event differently. Right?

Terrible Day of the Lord
Group one: Evil doers.
Experience: burning and incineration.

Group two: Fear the Lord
Experience: the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings.

Same event, different experience.

Now consider the flood. Just as in Malachi 4, where two distinct groups experience the same event in two distinct ways; Noah's flood was also a single event experienced by two different groups of people, resulting in two distinct outcomes. Let me itemize this matrix.

A. Noah and his family rise above the flood on an arc Noah constructed.
B. The wicked were drowned in the flood, not having entered the arc.

Okay then. Let's plug these into the text in order to evaluate the two possible meanings;

But as the days of Noah: A.
But as the days of Noah: B

Did Jesus mean to say the first or the second?

Did he mean to say, "Noah and his family rose above the flood because they believed in God, made an arc, and entered the arc when the rain came and just as it was then, so it shall be when the son of man comes?"

Lesson: The wicked were not prepared.
Or

Did he mean to say, the wicked drowned in the flood, not having entered the arc, and just as it was in Noah's day, when the son of man comes some people will be taken away?

Lesson: The wicked were unrighteous.

These are the two options. The first one makes more sense to me, but I can see the other.
The answer is very easy = forget what you ever heard or learned from books, men, church, etc

Here it is again with ANSWER given by the Lord:

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Reactions: rwb

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely not.

Ha! No, I'm sure Jesus was not lying, nor was He mistaken. :)

...was a misperception on your part.

Well, it would have been, if what you thought I was saying was actually what I was saying...

Grace and peace to you, Davy.

Those who don't say what they mean, and don't mean what they say, aren't worth having an intelligent conversation with.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's obvious that you are still wanting to fight against the actual meaning by Lord Jesus about the dead "carcase" being those 1st ones 'taken'. He indeed used a metaphor in answer to His disciple's question about those taken with "Where, Lord", and His answer using that "carcase" metaphor and fowls isn't that hard to understand.

So why don't you own up to the fact that you reject... His answer there in Luke 17:37, because it conflicts with the false pre-trib rapture doctrine from men that you would rather believe on?
To be accurate, I am fighting YOUR interpretation, giving you facts to support my interpretation. Jesus doesn't use the English word "carcass" he uses the Greek word "soma" which can be translated as "carcass" or it can be translated "body" as in "the body of Christ."

What did I say that would lead you to believe that I held the pretribulation rapture doctrine? I don't. And I never did. If you are rejecting the notion that the rapture takes place before the tribulation then I also reject that notion.

Satisfied?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is very easy = forget what you ever heard or learned from books, men, church, etc
Why would I do that? Do you often tell people to forget what they learned in books? What use is a book then?
Here it is again with ANSWER given by the Lord:

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
I see it. The flood came and took Noah and his family away.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be accurate, I am fighting YOUR interpretation, giving you facts to support my interpretation. Jesus doesn't use the English word "carcass" he uses the Greek word "soma" which can be translated as "carcass" or it can be translated "body" as in "the body of Christ."

What did I say that would lead you to believe that I held the pretribulation rapture doctrine? I don't. And I never did. If you are rejecting the notion that the rapture takes place before the tribulation then I also reject that notion.

Satisfied?
I don't believe a word you say, you have shown that you will say anything, and are not to be trusted.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Matthew 25 separation of Christ's sheep from the goats is very simple...
It is, I agree.

Christ's sheep mean His elect...
Sure. Absolutely.

Matt 25:41
41 Then shall He say also unto them on the left hand, "Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"
KJV

These represent the UNSAVED nations...
Here's where we disagree. Except for the "unsaved" part... Taking this whole passage into account, you seem to be of the understanding that there are individuals (a whole lot of them) standing on Jesus's right, but "nations" standing on His left. Am I understanding you correctly? If so, why would He not be speaking to individuals ~ collectively ~ on His left (again, a whole lot of them), just as He did immediately before to the individuals ~ collectively ~ on His right?

...the deceived, that Christ and His elect will reign over with a "rod of iron" for the "thousand years" of Rev.20. These will still be in a condition of 'liable to perish', with their souls still not having put on immortality through Faith on Christ Jesus. That is what the "second death" of Rev.20 is about.
Disagree with this completely. Do you really think that believers will reign over unbelievers in any way for any length of time? Surely not. Unbelievers will suffer the second death ~ banishment from the new heaven and new earth and eternal condemnation ~ as a result of the Great White Throne Judgment of Revelation 20:11-15, which is also portrayed by Jesus, albeit in more personal detail, in Matthew 25;31-46. This is exactly what Jesus is referring to in John 5:28-29; many will be resurrected to eternal life, and others will be resurrected to judgment.

It will be the job of Christ's elect to teach... those unsaved during that 1,000 years. Some of them will convert to Jesus during the 1,000 years, and be part of the "first resurrection" unto Christ, with their names found written in the book of life, when it is checked a final time at God's GWT Judgment (Rev.20).
Disagree. The time of teaching and people being called to Christ ~ the millennium of Revelation 20:3 ~ will be over. This is what Paul is saying in Romans 11:25-26. At the time of Christ's return, the fullness of the Gentile elect will have been brought into God's Israel, and the partial hardening that is now upon Israel will have been removed, and thus all of Israel will have been saved. This is what is happening, progressively, all through the God's millennium, and will be complete at its close. And with regard to Revelation 20, this is what is described in Revelation 20:4-6.

That 1,000 years reign is not mentioned here by Lord Jesus, but instead here, He goes straight to the time after... God's Great White Throne Judgment at the end of the 1,000 years (per Rev.20).
See, I agree with what you say here, Davy. But I disagree that it's a literal 1,000 year period...

Just because the 1,000 years isn't mentioned here does not mean it won't take place first before the future "lake of fire" destruction.
Sure. The millennium will have ended. Sure.

Interesting.

Grace and peace to you.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who don't say what they mean, and don't mean what they say, aren't worth having an intelligent conversation with.
LOL! Yes, I agree, actually. Those would be the self-deceived, or liars, or both. So, while I agree with what you say, here, it's really non sequitur. To that, though, I would humbly submit that neither is any kind of conversation worth having with anyone who falsely puts words in others' mouths.

Grace and peace to you.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I do that? Do you often tell people to forget what they learned in books? What use is a book then?

I see it. The flood came and took Noah and his family away.
Noah never left the earth and he remained(8) to repopulate.

SEE = Noah knew the flood was coming

SEE = the world "did not know" and "they" were taken away = exact words from the LORD

SEE = forget what you learned from the religion and allow your mind to SEE

SEE = i was raised a Catholic and when the LORD called me i forsook all that contradicted His Word.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb and Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's where we disagree. Except for the "unsaved" part... Taking this whole passage into account, you seem to be of the understanding that there are individuals (a whole lot of them) standing on Jesus's right, but "nations" standing on His left. Am I understanding you correctly? If so, why would He not be speaking to individuals ~ collectively ~ on His left (again, a whole lot of them), just as He did immediately before to the individuals ~ collectively ~ on His right?
Oh come on, you know Lord Jesus is only using a metaphor about right-hand and left-hand separation to point to His gathering of His faithful saints while the wicked He says to get away from Him (Matthew 7). Do I really need to teach you Bible 101 about that?

Disagree with this completely. Unbelievers will suffer the second death ~ banishment from the new heaven and new earth and eternal condemnation ~ as a result of the Great White Throne Judgment of Revelation 20:11-15, which is also portrayed by Jesus, albeit in more personal detail, in Matthew 25;31-46. This is exactly what Jesus is referring to in John 5:28-29; many will be resurrected to eternal life, and others will be resurrected to judgment.
Like Rev.20 declares, immediately after Christ's future return and gathering of His elect, there will be a "thousand years" reign by Christ and His elect of the "first resurrection" over the nations with "a rod of iron". So you deny that Rev.20 Scripture about that?

You should read Ezekiel 44:23 also about that future Millennium reign by Christ and His elect. What do you think those saints of Rev.3:9 will be doing in that future time when those of the "synagogue of Satan" are made to come worship Jesus at their feet?

Disagree. The time of teaching and people being called to Christ ~ the millennium of Revelation 20:3 ~ will be over. This is what Paul is saying in Romans 11:25-26. At the time of Christ's return, the fullness of the Gentile elect will have been brought into God's Israel, and the partial hardening that is now upon Israel will have been removed, and thus all of Israel will have been saved. This is what is happening, progressively, all through the God's millennium, and will be complete at its close.
Looks like you have succumbed to men's false doctrines about Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Rev.20. Jesus returns to gather His Church and ends the "great tribulation", and locks the devil in his pit prison, and only then does Christ's "thousand years" reign begin, as written.

See, I agree with what you say here, Davy. But I disagree that it's a literal 1,000 years...

Sure. The millennium will have ended. Sure.

Interesting.

Grace and peace to you.
Sounds like you have succumbed to men's false doctrine of Amillennialism, a 2nd century doctrine that most likely was started by Gnostics that crept into the early Church. The 1st century Church fathers were all Pre-millennialists.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noah was not 'taken'.

Sure he was...taken in a safe voyage and to a new place to live the same as Lot which is the sister story. The first action is always the righteous taken to safety in one form or another, followed by the wicked being punished. These two examples are representations of the rapture.

Noah was preserved whereas the 'wicked' were taken away in the flood.

But first they were left or rejected (the meaning of the word in Greek), after that they were "taken" but that is a different Greek word than the word "taken" in the one taken one left examples.

Look at all the examples:

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Noah enters the Ark first, then the flood comes. The one taken or accepted is Noah, the only one left is the "one left" which means to be rejected in the Greek. That applies to all who were left outside of the Ark. This is the same in another gospel where Lot is mentioned. The same thing happens, Lot is taken to safety just like Noah was and those left behind suffered wrath. This same order of the good/righteous FIRST and the evil/unrighteous LAST is repeated:

Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Just like the plague of hail in the OT, the one taken from the field was saved, the one left in the field was not. This same order of the good/righteous FIRST and the evil/unrighteous LAST is repeated.

Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Here we have good vs. bad. This same order of the good/righteous FIRST and the evil/unrighteous LAST is repeated.

Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Here the good servant is rewarded, then the evil servant is dealt with. The good servant knew the lord was coming and worked but the evil servant did whatever he wanted because he didn't think the lord was coming soon. This same order of the good/righteous FIRST and the evil/unrighteous LAST is repeated.

Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

This one is obvious. The wise virgins were taken by the bridegroom, the unwise were left behind. This same order of the good/righteous FIRST and the evil/unrighteous LAST is repeated.

Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
Mat 25:16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
Mat 25:17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
Mat 25:18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
Mat 25:19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
Mat 25:20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
Mat 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
Mat 25:24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
Mat 25:25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
Mat 25:26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
Mat 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
Mat 25:28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
Mat 25:29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
Mat 25:30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This same order of the good/righteous FIRST and the evil/unrighteous LAST is repeated. The good are first, then the evil one is dealt with. Once you see this pattern, and study the Greek meaning of taken and left then who is who becomes very clear.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Yet again the same order. The good are rewarded first. They are accepted into the kingdom which is what paralambano¯ means. These are the one taken/accepted.

This same order of the good/righteous FIRST and the evil/unrighteous LAST is repeated.

Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Mat 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Mat 25:43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Mat 25:44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Mat 25:45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

These are the "one left" and they are even placed on the left hand which is the negative side in biblical examples.

This is the end of the examples Christ gave and they all have in common the good dealt with first and the evil dealt with last. The one taken and one left are exactly the same in this regard.

This same order of the good/righteous FIRST and the evil/unrighteous LAST is repeated.

Don't make the very common error of ignoring paralambano¯ and that it happens before the other is aphie¯mi which both means to be rejected and to leave to die. The one paralambano¯ survives because the word means to accept and bring someone near to you like a family member or a spouse. This matches what the rapture/harpazo accomplishes.

The one taken is taken into the safety of the Ark and ends up in a safe place, 8 family members accepted. That's what paralambano¯ means. The ones left/aphie¯mi were not worthy of being on the Ark...and that's what aphie¯mi means, to reject and divorce and leave to die...the opposite of what paralambano¯ means.

In all the examples Christ gives in the end of Matthew 24 and in 25, there is always two groups. The first are always the righteous who are saved, and the last group are the wicked who perish or suffer some negative fate. There is really no excuse to get it backwards in the one taken and one left. The order of events match all the other examples and the Greek definitions further prove that it is the one taken who is saved and the one left who is not.

Happens first ..................................................................Happens last

Good-Noah and family............................................................Bad-the rest/drowned
Good-Lot and his family......(Luke 17)...............................Bad-those left in the city
Good-the one taken/accepted...........................................Bad-the one left/rejected
Good-the goodman..................................................................Bad-the thief
Good-the wise servant..........................................................Bad-the evil servant
Good-the wise virgins...........................................................Bad-the foolish virgins
Good-servants that increased the talents..................Bad-the servant that did not have an increase
Good-the sheep.........................................................................Bad-the goats

The saved people............................................................The punished people

In these verses Christ will give multiple examples to teach the same exact thing. There is always a good one on one side and a bad one on the other. The good one is always shown in some type of action FIRST, and the bad one is always LAST.

All on the left side represent the same group of people that are good, wise, profitable, accepted etc.
All on the right side represent the same group of people that are bad, foolish, unprofitable, rejected etc.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok

According to scripture some sort of unearthly entities are supposed to remove certain humans from the earth. Those removed are the wicked. Those that do the taking are demons. (Some interpretations suggest that holy angles perform this gruesome task.) Those who are taken are destroyed like chaff and weeds from a farmer's field.

Those who are left, the meek, inherit the earth.

In other words, correct interpretation of scripture is the opposite of the popularized notion which is out of context with the rest of the Bible. God NEVER removes people from trouble. He ALWAYS sees them through it as for example Shadrach, Meshack and Abednego in the fiery furnace, Daniel in the lion's den and the entire nation of Israel when it was trapped in front of the Red Sea.

Those examples are danger from enemies and their means of torture/death. God protects them where they are in those cases BUT in the cases of God's wrath, he does remove his own away from the place of wrath such as Noah and Lot and the raptured saints. Noah left on a boat, Lot was taken away by an angel (sounds like the rapture a little??) and of course the rapture removes people before the vials of wrath pour.