Witnessing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. All Christians are called to do it.

What is the most effective way to witness?

How do you witness?

Describe a time when you witnessed well / poorly

Peace

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I think it important to somehow wiggle into the conversation something like - "By God's grace, I found
an honest mechanic, bla bla." This gets the ball rolling as to whether the person is going to roll their eyes bec
they are an atheist or something. It sure has happened to me - just by that simple givng credit to God .

When I know now they are agnostic and now they know I am a believer - I can proceed.
It will probably take months of them hanging with me to see I never worry, I'm always kind, I'm consistently happy,
I'm never 'on edge'...for them to see I'm different.
Not once have I ever shoved the Bible or my beliefs down their throats or tried to change them in any way - I have just accepted
them for who they are.

There is the occasional - "Oh, another miracle happened today . I love God so much. Oh, sorry, is it ok if I say that?"
They always say, "Sure, it's fine."

I have been told by these people I was the only Christian they'd ever met that they respect and is really how a Christian is suppose to be ---in their minds.

AND trust me - they know the Bible WAY better than me. They didn't need me to say anything about hell, salvation, dying on a cross...they knew
way more. (I knew this bec of heated discussions at parties that I walked away from...with other believers and these atheists.)

This consistent non-wavering confidence in God through some touchy situations has been a great witness ---once
they know you're a Christian, that is - bec we all know we are being watched.
If they don't know you are indeed a Christian - they think you are just a 'nice person' and you don't need that false impression!! Ha!

They have their own demons inside keeping their fear (ego) at a Defcon 4.
I want to surround them with an example of the peace of God and the lack of what they feel is out-there fanaticism.
:) Miss Hepburn

Reactions: gregg and aspen