Adam, Eve, and evolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From the scientific perspective in terms of space-time, God created the earth with evolutionary events, including dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc. embedded in it.

Neanderthals belong to the species of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis. Today's humans belong to Homo sapiens sapiens. Both groups are humans (Homo sapiens). Both have 46 chromosomes though there is some uncertainty about that. Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time, as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell.

From the biblical point of view, God created Adam and Eve in witnessed-time as described in Genesis. Acts 17:

26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.
In terms of first-order logic, both perspectives are true: witnessed-time and space-time.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the scientific perspective in terms of space-time, God created the earth with evolutionary events, including dinosaurs, Neanderthals, etc. embedded in it.

Neanderthals belong to the species of Homo sapiens neanderthalensis. Today's humans belong to Homo sapiens sapiens. Both groups are humans (Homo sapiens). Both have 46 chromosomes though there is some uncertainty about that. Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time, as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell.

From the biblical point of view, God created Adam and Eve in witnessed-time as described in Genesis. Acts 17:

In terms of first-order logic, both perspectives are true: witnessed-time and space-time.
But they mated with Homo sapiens sapiens.... FACT

Several years ago when I did my DNA testing through My Heritage and 23 and me, I did so becaue I was very hopeful that would have had either Jewish links, or Native American. But no... neither showed that.... what did turn up was I have Neanderthal.

In fact 23 and me noted that I had... at that time.... more Neanderthal gene stuff then 92% of those who had submitted their DNA to date.

Now we all know that if you have any African American DNA in your past you are called black.

So I guess I should call myself neanderthal????

And with that... am I disqualified from eternity anywhere?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neanderthals existed only in space-time and not in witnessed-time, as such, they never received a breath of God in their spirits. They would not be judged to go to heaven or hell.
Where does it say this anywhere in the Bible?
It doesn't.

You are starting to crack me up. You come up with propositions that are unproveable. So no one will win the bet. what are we supposed to do? Contemplate the bet and what it means to us, or figure out that you are just posting stuff to post stuff.
The only thing I can rely on is what it says in Genesis.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

God created everything "after its Kind".

This means, fully formed, fully matured, and complete.

Take Adam for example.
Not by Apes, no birth canal, No Evolution required.

"Science" will never catch up to the Bible, but, dont let that bother you.
Just Trust the word of God, and that is the final answer.

Last edited:

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where does it say this anywhere in the Bible?
It doesn't.

You are starting to crack me up. You come up with propositions that are unproveable. So no one will win the bet. what are we supposed to do? Contemplate the bet and what it means to us, or figure out that you are just posting stuff to post stuff.
The only thing I can rely on is what it says in Genesis.
That is what the betting is for. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability and betting. I thought you wanted to bet?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It wouldn't matter. the stuff you posted was your opinion.
When we opine, we think what is, with what is not.
It cannot be proven.
Right. That is what the betting is for. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability and betting. Did you not challenge me to bet and now you are chicken out?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. That is what the betting is for. See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability and betting. Did you not challenge me to bet and now you are chicken out?
I said it because you always say it. I was being a smart aleck, parroting you.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I never shut the door on Science. I don't want to burn Galileo--not even close.

I do see that God made Man--not Neanderthals, from the Dust, which sounds like a distinct creation, just like God created the species of fish, birds, and animals distinct from one another. One reason that people believe in evolution, lacking fossil evidence, is because there are so many similarities between various species not directly related to one another.

There is perhaps 98% genetic similarity between Man and Chimps, but there is also perhaps about 90% similarity between Man and Dogs/Cats. We need not assume that Man evolved from either Dogs/Cats or Chimps. ;) God had fun using the same building blocks of life, intensifying the complexity until He arrives at Man!

But the Bible doesn't really explain *how* God made Man from the dust, nor how He differentiated between the creatures that He created. I'm not really offended by the possibility that some evolution happened, depending on how that is defined.

I don't really see evidence of macro-evolution--I don't see transitional species embedded in the fossils. However, I'm certain there are some forms of "micro-evolution" that happens in the course of natural species development, or due to mutation.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never shut the door on Science. I don't want to burn Galileo--not even close.

I do see that God made Man--not Neanderthals, from the Dust, which sounds like a distinct creation, just like God created the species of fish, birds, and animals distinct from one another. One reason that people believe in evolution, lacking fossil evidence, is because there are so many similarities between various species not directly related to one another.
Ummm... When I had my DNA tested. Ancestry and 23 and me. They both had me with Neanderthal.... tipping_hat_smiley.gif... 23and me actually said at that time... about 5 or 6 years ago that I had 92% more Neanderthal variants then the rest of their subscribers.

But that was not from evolution that was from ancient ancestors
being too hot to trot I suspect.

And yes... I do seem to have a few issues that other people don't... which could be from that or being a natural redhead.
There is perhaps 98% genetic similarity between Man and Chimps, but there is also perhaps about 90% similarity between Man and Dogs/Cats. We need not assume that Man evolved from either Dogs/Cats or Chimps. ;) God had fun using the same building blocks of life, intensifying the complexity until He arrives at Man!

But the Bible doesn't really explain *how* God made Man from the dust, nor how He differentiated between the creatures that He created. I'm not really offended by the possibility that some evolution happened, depending on how that is defined.

I don't really see evidence of macro-evolution--I don't see transitional species embedded in the fossils. However, I'm certain there are some forms of "micro-evolution" that happens in the course of natural species development, or due to mutation.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm... When I had my DNA tested. Ancestry and 23 and me. They both had me with Neanderthal.... View attachment 40513... 23and me actually said at that time... about 5 or 6 years ago that I had 92% more Neanderthal variants then the rest of their subscribers.

But that was not from evolution that was from ancient ancestors
being too hot to trot I suspect.

And yes... I do seem to have a few issues that other people don't... which could be from that or being a natural redhead.
I just watched a YouTube video about a hypothesis that Neanderthals were carnivores, and their favorite food was humans (link).

I'll be keeping an eye out for any hungry looks from you. :p