Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The NT says that if you are born again, you are going to heaven.

Listen to Jesus...

"All that believe in me, i give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish".

Now, heretics, read "never Perish" and say...>"well, not really"., as if you dont DO DO DO THIS, and DO DO DO THAT, then you will lose your salvation. ( "Perish")
However, Jesus does not agree with Heretics, nor does Paul. Nor does the NT
@Behold Important verse quoted there indeed..........

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
If a born again believer sows to his flesh he shall not reap life everlasting:

What you said, apples to you.

So, are you saying that you are born again, and have never confessed a sin? As if you have, then you have "sown to your flesh".
So, you just wrote that you are not going to "reap life everlasting".

You really just need to think about what you are saying, and not just run to the forum to post a verse that you dont understand, again.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT says that if you are born again, you are going to heaven.

Not if you sow to the flesh:

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

Listen to Jesus...

Yes, listen to Jesus!

“…sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” (John 5:14)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you said, apples to you.

So it is impossible for you to sow to your flesh?

Be careful with that attitude:

“…Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.” (Romans 11:20-21)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold Important verse quoted there indeed..........

"the Joy of the Lord, is our Strength".

This is not just "my peace i give unto you, not as the world gives".

Its also this..... Its to KNOW that your Salvation is a Gift that God has given us, that is ETERNAL, and He will be faithful to complete this gift.
Philippians 1:6
Our Salvation is Christ in us, and this Salvation will last as long as God Lives.

Its the JOY of the LORD in our Hearts, to know that Eternal Life is God's Grace given as a GIFT.

And "the GIFTS of God are without Repentance'.

"without Repentance"... means....He will never stop it for any reason. = SALVATION is a "GIFT".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not if you sow to the flesh:

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

Yes, listen to Jesus!

“…sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.” (John 5:14)

Yes.

But that is talking about what happens to you on the EARTH.

And if you "sow to the Spirit", ... this means to have Believed in Jesus.....and that reaps Eternal Life, as soon as you do.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So it is impossible for you to sow to your flesh?

Quote me where i said that its impossible for me to sow to my Flesh.
Good luck., ive never said that..

In Fact, Paul teaches that you can have an "occasion to the Flesh", but because of Romans 4:8. 1 Corinthians 5:19
Because God does not charge you with your DEEDS, "sin"...>"works of the flesh"...all of this in eternity.... you still can't live in carnality on this earth as a born again believer, without consequences.
I have a Thread on this Topic.
I might bump it later.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You either reap CORRUPTION or LIFE EVERLASTING.

You "sow and reap" on earth..

After you die, its different.
As there is only one sin that is going to damn you, and that happens on earth, as its committed here, but its JUDGED in Eternity, by God.

So, all your lifetime of sinning, gets you some issues down here.
But the one sin that gets you damned now, and judged later, and sent to hell after you die, is ONLY this one...

John 3:36

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the one sin that gets you damned now, and judged later, and sent to hell after you die, is ONLY this one...

John 3:36

That’s what YOU teach.

“…Be not highminded, but fear: For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.” (Romans 11:20-21)

I’m not going to ignore warnings like these…

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I’m just following the logic of your reasonings. It was a question, not a statement.

Sometimes a person filters the theology of another, based on.......them believing that "License to Sin" is being preached.

I see this a lot.
This is a 'forum infection" worldwide.
Its a bane of Christianity.

Reader..

No real believer, ever teaches that you can sin or do a "work of the flesh", is the correct understanding, ... without consequence ever single time.

See.....There is a cult teaching, OSAS..... that teaches, = "they are saying they can do anything, and go to heaven".

So, where this runs into a never ending confusion, is .....like this.

= The born again, are going to heaven, not based on their behavior., but only based on what Jesus has provided for them so that they go to heaven if they possess what Jesus FINISHED ON THE CROSS. = SALVATION.

This cult, OSAS, does not accept that God keeps you saved.
So, because they can't believe this, then they can't ever accept that a born again believer is going to heaven, even if they are not a good person, or even if they are a horrible Christian.

The OSAS Cult, believes that God starts Salvation but you finish it.,= and that teaching DENIES the CROSS and rejects the Grace of God.
And until this OSAS Cult person understands this, then they can't understand anything that they could understand, if they had the first real knowledge of the Grace of God, as "the GIFT of Righteousness" and what it means to possess Eternal LIFE.

See, when a person like me Teaches Philippians 1:6,... then the OSAS cult member HEARS THIS as me saying..."you can live like the devil and go to heaven".
But i dont say that.....I said that God saves you Through Christ and Keeps you saved Through Christ.

>YET the OSAS cult member HEARS this as..>"he is teaching you can live like the devil and go to heaven"

And why do they worry about that? Its because their broken faith is based on HOW THEY LIVE, instead of having Faith in CHRIST to get them to heaven.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"the Joy of the Lord, is our Strength".

This is not just "my peace i give unto you, not as the world gives".

Its also this..... Its to KNOW that your Salvation is a Gift that God has given us, that is ETERNAL, and He will be faithful to complete this gift.
Philippians 1:6
Our Salvation is Christ in us, and this Salvation will last as long as God Lives.

Its the JOY of the LORD in our Hearts, to know that Eternal Life is God's Grace given as a GIFT.

And "the GIFTS of God are without Repentance'.

"without Repentance"... means....He will never stop it for any reason. = SALVATION is a "GIFT".
@Behold I do love that verse at Nehemiah 8.10.....

Reactions: Behold

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That’s what YOU teach.

I’m not going to ignore warnings like these…

John 3:36 says that God's wrath is ON everyone who is not born again.
To be born again, is to have BELIEVED on/in Christ, ....to have done this.= "all who call on the name of Jesus, shall be SAVED".

So, John 3:36 teaches that the UNPARDONABLE sin is to have never been born again, never to have believed.

Now, some have been water baptized, and try to "be like Christ" , and worry about commandments.
But that is not what God requires to give you "the Gift of Salvation".

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption

Easily relatable is “sow the flesh and reap the flesh (corruption).” I think I get what this looks like…a lot of failure.

but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting

but “he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting”? What does that look like? To you, I mean?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I love you enough to tell you the truth.

with all due respect that is what those carrying signs at the fair shouting homosexuals are going to burn in hell…say. Or the man with his ten year old son on the street corner shouting all whores are going to hell. “I’m just teaching my son what love is” “by telling them the truth”. Or even here on the board towards one another: I only mock, laugh, pick you apart, make fun of you (OSAS)or talk condensing towards you
And the stupidness you’ve succumbed to because I love you.

“Faithful are the wounds of a friend;

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

I seriously wonder…
are friends the ones inflicting the stripes
Or are friends the ones bearing them?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The verse of the day from my bible app is from Deuteronomy 7:6.

I get this is OT and might not fit being said to those whom the LORD brought out of the house of slavery, out of Egypt…but don’t we claim the same thing? Brought out from the house of slavery?

For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his own possession…

God has “Chosen you to be a people for his own possession”
To me “for His own possession” says as “a habitation for God” built upon the cornerstone which is Christ. the place growing up in all things, in Christ, for God’s habitation… “for His own possession”

out of all peoples —out of all nations and every tongue—who are on the face of the earth.

The LORD did not set His Love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other peoples, —He didn’t set His Love on you because you were stronger than any other people or because you were above them, because while you were yet without strength…still while you were (yet) in the house of slavery…He prepared Him a people. see how that isn’t many scholars, wise noble chiefs … a people yet without strength, while yet in the house of slavery(even while we were yet sinners) God chose, that He might declared His Strength and power though weakness. —for you were fewest of all peoples. But because God loved you and swore He would do it…He brought you out by a might hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery.

know therefore the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps His promises and His loving kindness to a thousand generation.

What I don’t understand is how if He has redeemed any from the house of slavery…God throws them back into that house of slavery. It doesn’t seem to say that in “God has not given us a spirit of fear unto bondage again
But the Spirit of love, of power, and a sound mind. Where does God give the spirit of fear unto bondage again? Isn’t God the One who gives the Spirit of love, of power, of a sound mind —to overcome “the spirit of fear unto bondage again”? Does the house of slavery win? When the last to be destroyed is death.

another question I have is: by the OT verse there in Deuteronomy. They kept saying God who brought them out to be a people for His possession…an habitation for Himself to inhabit…that He wasn’t Faithful to do what He said He would do. Isn’t that the point in “He who has begun a work in you will complete it”. it is like the parable who sets down to build and then says …wow, I started but now I can’t complete or finish it. If He spoke in parables to confound the wise…wasn’t the message against that which says God can not finish what He starts. Yet also … He told them over and over what He was going to do.

But that is just an opinion…in OT, it seems to me they were saying God couldn’t finish the journey …even after He brought them out of the house of slavery, out of Egypt…they still doubted Him and went on and on about …we kind of want to go back to Egypt because …I don’t think God knows where He is leading us…who is going to be over us? Who will feed us? Who will give us drink? We need to go back to Egypt so at least we have others over us …that will tell us what to do so we don’t die. Let us go back to the house of slavery that you brought us out from God, it was better there. Sorry… We don’t really trust or have faith in you and feel we are better off as slaves…

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
with all due respect that is what those carrying signs at the fair shouting homosexuals are going to burn in hell…say. Or the man with his ten year old son on the street corner shouting all whores are going to hell. “I’m just teaching my son what love is” “by telling them the truth”. Or even here on the board towards one another: I only mock, laugh, pick you apart, make fun of you (OSAS)or talk condensing towards you
And the stupidness you’ve succumbed to because I love you.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

I seriously wonder…
are friends the ones inflicting the stripes
Or are friends the ones bearing them?

I don’t agree with street preaching that comes across as hate only. Preaching the fear of God needs to be balanced with his love. But then there are those who wrongfully overstep God’s love to a point that it is abused to justify sin. That is what we are seeing in many churches today.

Take for example this post here.
Do you see this kind of post as the truth?
Or do you see it as turning God’s grace into a license to sin?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t agree with street preaching that comes across as hate only. Preaching the fear of God needs to be balanced with his love. But then there are those who wrongfully overstep God’s love to a point that it is abused to justify sin. That is what we are seeing in many churches today.

Take for example this post here.
Do you see this kind of post as the truth?
Or do you see it as turning God’s grace into a license to sin?

I do get what you are saying about using God as a license to sin. But to me that is why it is important to focus on the “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling” … and “examine yourselves” …which I often forget and need reminding.