Workers of the flesh will not inherit eternal life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is why we are called to the death of Jesus....to His cross. The POWER of the flesh is dealt with by the power of God so we can live by grace....in HIS life and walk.

New nature, born-again spirit, versus old nature, the flesh.

A lifetime struggle.

The flesh is not glorified until the rapture.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So your HOPE is in what you do. Mine is in the work that Jesus did on the cross where He paid for all my sins. His is a free gift of salvation to all if they just believe it.

That's not correct. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world as John says. Believing about Jesus and what He did doesn't do anything...we are called to have faith in God to do AS Jesus did.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not correct. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world as John says. Believing about Jesus and what He did doesn't do anything...we are called to have faith in God to do AS Jesus did.

Where does it say that the children of God are to do as Jesus did?

Ar you really saying the belief in what Jesus did on the cross will not save anyone?

Last edited:

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:14-23
14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.
16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;
21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:
23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
NKJV

If a person does not believe that Jesus' shed blood on the cross saves them then they are not saved. Believing in Jesus' shed blood on the cross is the only way it applies to a person.

1 Cor 15:1-11
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you — unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,
5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.
7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.
8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
NKJV

believing = Faith = trust = confidence. These words all mean this same thing. Believing the gospel of grace is the only thing that saves in this age of grace. There was a time when the Law of Moses was given to the Jews. Today there is a gospel of God's grace given to Paul for all of mankind. You can't mix law with grace. Law equals what man earns. Grace equals a free gift.

Today there is only one way to Heaven and that is through the sin offering made by Jesus' blood on the cross. All those that place their belief, faith, trust and confidence in what Jesus did are saved.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your HOPE is in what you do. Mine is in the work that Jesus did on the cross where He paid for all my sins. His is a free gift of salvation to all if they just believe it.
No. Our hope is in what Jesus did for us and does through us on this journey. False doctrine adherents rest on what Jesus did but refuse to yield to Him so that He can flow His righteousness and holiness through them; therefore, they remain vessels of dishonor. You wont make it to Heaven living by this doctrine of men.

Last edited:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible makes it quite clear while our spirits are clean sin nature our flesh is not. Thus the war of the old nature's, flesh versus spirit.

Sanctification is not an instant event, it is a lifetime struggle.

1 John 1:7-9
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

That's a misinterpretation of the Scriptures to support sin. John is not saying that we must continue in sin. Jesus either set you free from sin or you never yielded to Him, so you remain bound in sin. The person who willfully sins will die. Sin = death.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where does it say that the children of God are to do as Jesus did?

Ar you really saying the belief in what Jesus did on the cross will not save anyone?

John says that...we ought to walk as Jesus walked...IF we abide in Him.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Salvation is not about beliefs and opinions...but about the power over sin.

Reactions: 07-07-07

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a misinterpretation of the Scriptures to support sin. John is not saying that we must continue in sin. Jesus either set you free from sin or you never yielded to Him, so you remain bound in sin. The person who willfully sins will die. Sin = death.

I never said he said we must continue. He said we will continue because of our flesh.

Nor did I say anything about willfulness.

So you believe our flesh is glorified on this earth? You deny the Bible says there is a war within us between our spirit and flesh.

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

Reactions: H. Richard

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said he said we must continue. He said we will continue because of our flesh.

Nor did I say anything about willfulness.

So you believe our flesh is glorified on this earth? You deny the Bible says there is a war within us between our spirit and flesh.

We still are flesh and blood, but we live by the Spirit. The Spirit resists the temptation to sin. The Apostle Paul makes it clear:

Romans 8
[12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Reactions: Episkopos

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One has backslidden. Fallen from grace into disgrace. A vessel of honor into dishonor. Most likely, the person hasn't been fasting and spending time in the Scriptures. In other words, the old man is resurfacing. Question is: was the old man ever really crucified to being with?

It depends whether we believe what the devil tells us, that we can and must add to our salvation...or whether we believe that GOD said about us!

I'll go with God's view and opinion.

Bible_Gazer

Mar 7, 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (KJV)
23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly;
and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

They body got to be blameless also.
If the inner man is righteous, so will the body be righteous.
What comes from the heart defile the man, when his thoughts are wickedness his heart is just that. Matt 15:18-20
For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he Prov.23:7

Reactions: Helen

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Brother James has your answer.

James 1
[12] Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.[13] Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
As it's written in the Scripture of truth, one cannot engage in the works of the flesh and expect to inherit the Kingdom of God.

Galatians 5
[19] Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,[20] Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,[21] Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

You have clearly not studied Christian history.
A 19 th C preacher was conducting a 'crusade in Chicago and had preached a terrifying sermon on Hell. He dismiss the congregation with the encouraging words come back tomorrow and i'll tell you how to avoid Hell.
That night the great fire of Chicago destroyed much of that city.
That congregation never reassembled, many died that night.

That preacher never preached without ensuring that the gospel was in his message, so that situation could never happen to him again.

Why do i say this.

Well why do you post a message of doom and not point out what the good news is.

Reactions: Helen

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We still are flesh and blood, but we live by the Spirit. The Spirit resists the temptation to sin. The Apostle Paul makes it clear:

Romans 8
[12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.[13] For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.[14] For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

I know it is useless to respond to you so I will ask you this for others. What is Paul saying in Romans 7:25 last 7 words?

Rom 7:24-8:1
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

If there is now no condemnation to those who are """IN CHRIST""" then why do you say they have no sins.. The scripture does not say they are sinless in the flesh but just the opposite. It just says their sins are not counted against them.

Free from Indwelling Sin
8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
NKJV

Walking in the flesh is when a person is trying to be saved by his/her works of the flesh and not by the work Jesus accomplished on the cross

Last edited:

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John says that...we ought to walk as Jesus walked...IF we abide in Him.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Salvation is not about beliefs and opinions...but about the power over sin.

Jesus walked in Faith. According to the Law of Moses he broke that law.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus walked in Faith. According to the Law of Moses he broke that law.

According to the interpretation of fallen religious men...God will always appear as scandalous. The gospel message is an OFFENSE to the flesh. It says that everything we do and think is tainted by sin. It says we need a Saviour. So then we need the power of the cross of Christ to kill that sin tendency in us so we can walk in newness of life by the power of the grace of God.

We must embrace the cross that cuts us off from this world in order to live with Jesus Christ by the Spirit in victory over sin, the devil and this world.

In Christ there is abundant victory.

Reactions: 07-07-07

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have clearly not studied Christian history.
A 19 th C preacher was conducting a 'crusade in Chicago and had preached a terrifying sermon on Hell. He dismiss the congregation with the encouraging words come back tomorrow and i'll tell you how to avoid Hell.
That night the great fire of Chicago destroyed much of that city.
That congregation never reassembled, many died that night.

That preacher never preached without ensuring that the gospel was in his message, so that situation could never happen to him again.

Why do i say this.

Well why do you post a message of doom and not point out what the good news is.

Everybody has heard that Jesus loves them and died for their sins. What they don't hear nowadays is that the old man must die. Interestingly, those who preach and teach the truth of the requirement for righteousness and holiness are rebuked nowadays while sinners are comforted in the their sins. The departure of the faith is indeed in full swing in these last of the last days, just as it is written.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everybody has heard that Jesus loves them and died for their sins. What they don't hear nowadays is that the old man must die. Interestingly, those who preach and teach the truth of the requirement for righteousness and holiness are rebuked nowadays while sinners are comforted in the their sins. The departure of the faith is indeed in full swing in these last of the last days, just as it is written.

My bible reads- “For you ARE dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. “

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it is useless to respond to you so I will ask you this for others. What is Paul saying in Romans 7:25 last 7 words?

Rom 7:24-8:1
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God — through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

If there is now no condemnation to those who are """IN CHRIST""" then why do you say they have no sins.. The scripture does not say they are sinless in the flesh but just the opposite. It just says their sins are not counted against them.

Free from Indwelling Sin
8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
NKJV

Walking in the flesh is when a person is trying to be saved by his/her works of the flesh and not by the work Jesus accomplished on the cross

Your doctrine of denying the grace that Jesus flows to His believers to walk the narrow road is false. What's more, Romans 7 is a chapter that is greatly misinterpreted. Paul is describing his conundrum while living under the law when he was a Pharisee. He could not overcome sin through carnality. How did he get the victory? Romans 8 gives the answer.

Romans 8
[1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.