Worship is the Core Issue as we see in Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly!

The reforms love to us "original sin" as an excuse to keep sinning as they claim we can't help but sin every day in though word and deed because... they claim we were all born sinners!

Apparently, they think God made each new baby a sinner.
And also so they could say we have to 'baptized' them with a sprinkle.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Worship is the Core Issue as we see in Revelation​

Does it eclipse the subject? No.
Does it honour itself? No.
What/ who gets the glory....the worshippers or the subject which draws out the worship.

Worship for worship's sake is not what we see here.
Worship has a subject matter and it is the words one speaks and how one behaves in the process which reveals where the value is.

• Love
Reactions: Brakelite

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And also so they could say we have to 'baptized' them with a sprinkle.

Maybe some churches will start having drive thru services where
they squirt people with a water pistol and call it being baptized! laughing7.gif

They'll had online ads saying you can get baptized for $49.95, plus tax!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And does worship on any certain day of the week play a part in any of this? No. Not a word about Sundays or Saturdays is mentioned or implied in anything about worship of the beast or image or AC or anything.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree the issue in Revelation is worship, but I would qualify that worhsip is the issue in Revelation because worship was the issue at the Cross.

Fascinating, very fascinating.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And does worship on any certain day of the week play a part in any of this? No. Not a word about Sundays or Saturdays is mentioned or implied in anything about worship of the beast or image or AC or anything.

But some like to make the claim that going to church on Sunday is worshiping the beast

Even though there is nothing in scripture to support this, it doesn't stop the claim from being made.

Reactions: ewq1938

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does it eclipse the subject? No.
Does it honour itself? No.
What/ who gets the glory....the worshippers or the subject which draws out the worship.

Worship for worship's sake is not what we see here.
Worship has a subject matter and it is the words one speaks and how one behaves in the process which reveals where the value is.
True worship is what, not hard to figure out...

John 4:23
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 4:23
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

And the sabbatarians probably think Jesus forgot to add to this that His true followers have church services on Saturday! funny.gif

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's you sabbatarians claiming Jesus said "my peoples must have church on Saturday"
and then you conveniently cannot find any scriptures where Jesus says that View attachment 41165

It seems to me that both sides of this conflict are missing the point of worship. Our Worship of God is a lifestyle choice, where we deliberately chose to worship with every bit of our life all of the time. There is no time gap between when we offer up our worship of God.

It seems to me that we should be happy that people chose to worship God on one day of the week, whether it is a Saturday or a Sunday.

God inspects the worshippers' heart of the Saturday or Sunday practitioners before he accepts or rejects the worship offered.

For me, this conflict is not one of our core values that should determine whether or not we are one of God's Saints.

In Isaiah 58 God tells us that we are to keep His Sabbath "Day" for Mankind Holy as this Sabbath Day will last for all of the Seventh Age, for over 1,000 years.

This requires us to keep a short list of our failures before God, repenting frequently because of our sinning against God, even in the little things that are just as important to God and His measure of our righteousness.

God want us to be planted in His fertile field, and this is a 24 hour, 7 days a week and 52 weeks of each year that we draw breath.

Disagreeing on when we worship means that we have already taken our eyes of God to justify our selfish whims.

Shalom

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well you... seemed wrong

Some of us understand that worship is all the time as we abide IN Christ at all time being at REST by being in faith

If that is the case, why are you spending so much time in disagreement with the others rather than worshipping God?

I BELIEVE THAT WS THE POINT I WAS MAKING.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the case, why are you spending so much time in disagreement with the others rather than worshipping God?

I'm on the talkboard on the side ya know...

And, did you know one can worship God all thru out the day?

While they are at work, doing chores round the house, doing laundry, cookin vittles, ALL the time.
thumbsup6.gif

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm on the talkboard on the side ya know...

And, did you know one can worship God all thru out the day?

While they are at work, doing chores round the house, doing laundry, cookin vittles, ALL the time.
View attachment 41194

What the Big Bad Boy is being just so perfect? Who would have believed that?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do make up stories BBJ!

Have you not been paying attention?

All these Saturday sabbath threads are about the SDA peoples claiming New Testament believers are required to observe Saturday sabbath... you people been saying this all along in various different ways.

Then you conveniently cannot find any scriptures where Jesus or His Apostles teach this anywhere in the New Testament and you cannot show where it is taught that not keeping Saturday sabbath is a sin... so you folks got nuthin! disagree.gif

If you want to go to church on Saturday, fine. Just don't go ahead telling everyone that God teaches Christians are required to observe Saturday sabbath because that's false doctrine leading the unlearned to believe it's a sin when it's not even taught or warned against in the New Testament!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's you sabbatarians claiming Jesus said "my peoples must have church on Saturday"
and then you conveniently cannot find any scriptures where Jesus says that View attachment 41165

Exodus 20
“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” (Exodus 3:14)

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM. (John 8:58)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you not been paying attention?

All these Saturday sabbath threads are about the SDA peoples claiming New Testament believers are required to observe Saturday sabbath... you people been saying this all along in various different ways.

Then you conveniently cannot find any scriptures where Jesus or His Apostles teach this anywhere in the New Testament and you cannot show where it is taught that not keeping Saturday sabbath is a sin... so you folks got nuthin! View attachment 41200

If you want to go to church on Saturday, fine. Just don't go ahead telling everyone that God teaches Christians are required to observe Saturday sabbath because that's false doctrine leading the unlearned to believe it's a sin when it's not even taught or warned against in the New Testament!
Your wiring connectors have corrosion on them BBJ. Disconnection and lanolin are helpful!

Reactions: BarneyFife