Would YOU call this worship?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

LouderthanThunder

Jan 25, 2013
Hello and welcome. I am new here so I thought I might challenge some of the older people here. This is a song by a very powerful Metalcore band called Sleeping Giant. (Yes the band is openly Christian)

What did you think? Is it something that you could appreciate?

Extra for experts

This song you should all know, but possibly not as these guys do it. This Is How Great Though Art by a Christian Death Metal band called Becoming the Archtype.

How about that? Is it the same hymn or does this destroy the idea of the original? Or are you like me and do you get the sense of what this band is trying to portray by re hashing such a well known hymn?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi LtT,
Just to make you aware that new members cannot place a link into their posts without having made a minimum of 10x posts [as per forum rules] however, they can place links onto their signature...Please read the forum rules re: posting. These are found at the bottom right of the menu page, headed "Community Board Rules"

Thanks and Blessings! :)

This song you should all know, but possibly not as these guys do it.
This Is How Great Though Art by a Christian Death Metal band called
Becoming the Archtype.
How about that? Is it the same hymn or does this destroy the idea of
the original? Or are you like me and do you get the sense of what this
band is trying to portray by re hashing such a well known hymn?
BtW: this song has already been posted here http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17326-my-personal-fave-p-w-songs/#entry182142
post #6. BiggAndyy seems to like it ;)

Bless ya!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
LouderthanThunder said:
Hello and welcome. I am new here so I thought I might challenge some of the older people here. This is a song by a very powerful Metalcore band called Sleeping Giant. (Yes the band is openly Christian)

What did you think? Is it something that you could appreciate?

Extra for experts

This song you should all know, but possibly not as these guys do it. This Is How Great Though Art by a Christian Death Metal band called Becoming the Archtype.

How about that? Is it the same hymn or does this destroy the idea of the original? Or are you like me and do you get the sense of what this band is trying to portray by re hashing such a well known hymn?
hi thunder, i think what's more important than what i think of it is what God's word says about it.
it says make a joyfull noise unto the Lord. so if it's joyfull then go with it, if not then maybe it should be questioned.

Blessings

t.v.