WWJD with LGBTQ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no basis to accuse @Arthur81 nor myself of this.
You owe @Arthur81 an apology.

/
i owe the man no such thing . IF anything both YOU and HE OWE GOD an apology for trying to preach this dung .
KNEEL before GOD and pray if perhaps the thought of your evil heart may be forgiven you .
I owe no man an apology for exposing sin or error .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what a crock . i seen this before . its just men trying to get us to believe its okay for man to be with man
Ps , i seen this approach for years dude . mathew vines and company . All they are doing is the same as many men
before them have done . TRYING to JUSTIFY THIER OWN SIN and TO GET PEOPLE to approve of their sin .
AND it aint just the homosexual agenda , I SEEN this with many other doctrines too
Try not to become so emotional, stay calm and rational. I am not familiar with those you mention to rebut my post, but here are two sources I believe have standing in the conservative Christian community.

The Tyndale OT Commentary Series and Leviticsus is by Prof. R. L. Harrison -

"The regulations of Leviticus condemn certain aberrations found among the Egyptians and Canaanites, who went far towards deifying sexual activity, and assigned the title 'holy ones' to cultic prostitutes. Sacro-homosexual practices and female prostitution within the context of the cultus was probably well established throughout the ancient Near East long before the Israelites occupied Canaan. Homosexuality of a non-religious variety is poorly documented in Mesopotamian texts..." page 191

Dr. Harrison on page 192 comments about Sodom: "Interestingly enough, the Talmudic authorities placed little stress on a homosexual interpretation of Genesis 19:5, preferring instead to regard the Sodomites as having violated the normal canons of hospitality and justice (Sanhed. 19a; Bab. Bath. 12b, 59a)."

Apparentlyi Dr. Harrion got some harsh feedback on that, so on the last page of the commentary he writes:

"For a person to think of himself or herself as a 'Christian homosexual' or a 'Christian lesbian' is a complete contradiction in terms..."

Another source, the New Bible Dictionary by IVP, 3rd Ed., the article on homosexuality:

"The Bible says nothing specifically about the homosexual condition (despite the rather misleading RSV translation of 1 Cor. 6:9), but its condemnations of homosexual conduct are explicit. The scope of these strictures must, however, be carefully determined. Too often they have been used as tools of a homophobic polemic which has claimed too much."

Be careful, you may be considered as using this to support "a homophobic polemic which has claimed too much."

Get down into the nitty gritty of the Hebrew in this chapter and spend some time in study.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for weighing in on this. I always appreciate hearing your perspective on things.

I think I grew up in a similar cultural situation that you describe. Though I'm a bit younger and was in a suburban setting.
Calling boys "queer" was a way of questioning their masculinity. I remember being poked fun at for buying a cable for my electric guitar
that seemed a good match to the color of the instrument. I guess boys weren't supposed to do that. But then I ended up having
a career in graphic design and interior design. So... ??? (see the OP for this topic)

If you haven't seen it, this new topic is heading in that direction. (I hope) See the video in post #2.

Why don't we enforce the biblical prescriptives on hair length for men and women?

/
Steven, I believe we have some viewpoints in common on Christian doctrine. You've commented before on some of my posts, and I appreciate it. You mention looking at videos, but I do not even look at videos on my usual new web sites. I just prefer texts and I find it faster. I am not a consistent poster and take breaks quite often.

Reactions: St. SteVen

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try not to become so emotional, stay calm and rational. I am not familiar with those you mention to rebut my post, but here are two sources I believe have standing in the conservative Christian community.

"The regulations of Leviticus condemn certain aberrations found among the Egyptians and Canaanites, who went far towards deifying sexual activity, and assigned the title 'holy ones' to cultic prostitutes. Sacro-homosexual practices and female prostitution within the context of the cultus was probably well established throughout the ancient Near East long before the Israelites occupied Canaan. Homosexuality of a non-religious variety is poorly documented in Mesopotamian texts..." page 191

Dr. Harrison on page 192 comments about Sodom: "Interestingly enough, the Talmudic authorities placed little stress on a homosexual interpretation of Genesis 19:5, preferring instead to regard the Sodomites as having violated the normal canons of hospitality and justice (Sanhed. 19a; Bab. Bath. 12b, 59a)."

Apparentlyi Dr. Harrion got some harsh feedback on that, so on the last page of the commentary he writes:

"For a person to think of himself or herself as a 'Christian homosexual' or a 'Christian lesbian' is a complete contradiction in terms..."

Another source, the New Bible Dictionary by IVP, 3rd Ed., the article on homosexuality:

"The Bible says nothing specifically about the homosexual condition (despite the rather misleading RSV translation of 1 Cor. 6:9), but its condemnations of homosexual conduct are explicit. The scope of these strictures must, however, be carefully determined. Too often they have been used as tools of a homophobic polemic which has claimed too much."

Be careful, you may be considered as using this to support "a homophobic polemic which has claimed too much."

Get down into the nitty gritty of the Hebrew in this chapter and spend some time in study.
be careful indeed . be careful you are not heeding men and the flesh . TIME WE GOT DUG IN THE BIBLE FOR OURSELVES friend .
I SEEN THIS . ITS NOT NEW . they decieved you just as they did others .
as far as emotional . IF you think i am emotional , you should see how emotional PETER was towards simeon and his error .
YEA , I SAY ITS TIME WE GOT DUG IN THE BIBLE . cause , men are decieving folks big time .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Steven, I believe we have some viewpoints in common on Christian doctrine. You've commented before on some of my posts, and I appreciate it. You mention looking at videos, but I do not even look at videos on my usual new web sites. I just prefer texts and I find it faster. I am not a consistent poster and take breaks quite often.
I got something for us to look at . THE BIBLE . Lets get backin JUST that book for a long long while and see what happens .
And dont marvel or be suprised when after doing so for a time you realize , OH MY MY MY , WE BEEN DUPED BIG TIME by men
and their doctrines

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

homophobic. It aint me that fears them . ITS THOSE WHO SUPPORT them who fear them . DO remember that .
ITS this generation that fears them . wont say one word even in churches against that sin , rather they embrace their rainbow .
As for me , i have no fear of men . IF i feared i would have shut up and not warned and took the EASY ROAD
in life . not i who is homophobic. just a reminder .

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
be careful indeed . be careful you are not heeding men and the flesh . TIME WE GOT DUG IN THE BIBLE FOR OURSELVES friend .
I SEEN THIS . ITS NOT NEW . they decieved you just as they did others .
as far as emotional . IF you think i am emotional , you should see how emotional PETER was towards simeon and his error .
YEA , I SAY ITS TIME WE GOT DUG IN THE BIBLE . cause , men are decieving folks big time .
I am usually not picky over a person's grammar, or choice of words revealing their character; but with you I consider your posts not worth the time answering, more than I already have. There is such a thing as arrogance based on ignorance, and it is quite repugnant.

• Love
Reactions: Hillsage

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

fear accepts . IT take far more courage to go AGAINST the flow of society . DONT YA THINK .
its those who fear that will take the road of compromise . ITS THOSE WHO fear not that wont take that road
but rather have no fear to warn against such a road . DO TRY AND REMEMBER THAT

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am usually not picky over a person's grammar, or choice of words revealing their character; but with you I consider your posts not worth the time answering, more than I already have. There is such a thing as arrogance based on ignorance, and it is quite repugnant.
PIcky over grammer , OR is it cause you dont have the biblical doctrine to back up your claim . cause by grace I DO .
excuses are many and many often run fast from folks like me . BRING SOME BIBLE TO DEFEND YOUR STANCE
on the rainbow of darkness . but DONT bring all these DR and scholars . BRING REAL BONEFIED PURE BIBLICAL DOCTRINE
to make your point . As a near and dear sister of mine has said , DO I HEAR CRICKETS CHIRPING again .
Cause we both know you cannot prove me wrong through THE BIBLE . just a friendly reminder .

• Love

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to clear, the link I provided is for another topic (my topic) right here on this forum.
I'm not sending you somewhere else or posting a video link.
Although post #2 at the link is a video, but can be viewed in the post window.
If that helps.

Why don't we enforce the biblical prescriptives on hair length for men and women?

/

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God doesn't need to kill anybody.

There are some things that will get you killed.

Here is one.. "God is not Mocked".

Here is one.. "Those Who do not obey the Gospel", when 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 comes to town.

Now this "mockery", has a few moving parts..

Here are 3 of them.

"being a fake Christian, to try to harm other Christians, or take advantage of them".

"living in known sin, openly, as a Christian, and knowingly refusing to stop".

"blaspheming the Spirit" and that has some moving parts, that i'll not go into here.

Now, here is an example of something that will get you killed by God.

9 """ Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who just buried your husband for the SAME REASON...are at the door, and they will carry you out also.” = You are going to DIE for what you did.

And she did.

IN the OT< God killed 3000 Hebrews in one day.

Read about the "Golden Calf".

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: St. SteVen

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The definitive verse on this is Leviticus 20: 13 LXX

13 And whoever shall lie with a male as with a woman, they have both wrought abomination; let them die the death, they are guilty.

This says it like it is and there is no need to use a word like gay, homosexual, lesbian for this is as descriptive as it gets on what God condemns.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The definitive verse on this is Leviticus 20: 13 LXX

13 And whoever shall lie with a male as with a woman, they have both wrought abomination; let them die the death, they are guilty.

This says it like it is and there is no need to use a word like gay, homosexual, lesbian for this is as descriptive as it gets on what God condemns.

Yes.

Paul explains it the same way in the NT.. when He says that this sexual abomination, is... that men have "left the natural use of the woman" and now they "burn in lust , men wanting men" in that regard.

So, reader, what is the natural USE of the woman?

its Sexual Relations between a male and a female.. .as this is NATURAL, as GOD DESIGNED IT..

How do you know?
Its because He made Adam and EVE, not........ Adam and STEVE.

And what does natural SEX produce?

A.)BABIES

And Gay sex is UNNATURAL and cannot produce a baby.

See it?

So, HOMO - SEX, .. = Homosexual... is UNNATURAL, as its "Men with men" or "women with women"., and can't reproduce the species.

God hates it.
It caused Him to flood the world (one of the main reasons) was to get rid of it on one occasion, and he destroyed it a second time in SODOM... and Gomorrah.

Many countries have now legalized what God Hates and what is more, is that they allow this situation, to ADOPT Babies.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a lot about the mechanics or technology of this forum that I do not grasp. I can do the basics, posting and replying. :contemplate:
Brother, I am 74, and can so relate to 'our' dilemma with today's technology. My go to bible app on my phone, for 20+? years, won't update, or work the downloaded study modules anymore. And my desktop software program which I first started buying floppy disk modules for in the 80's shutdown 5+ years ago after the founder retired. It is now being left behind on my newer computers with newer system updates and I'm seeing glitches that never used to be there. I'm getting pretty disgusted, I have to admit.

Question; what Bible programs do you currently use on your phone or desktop/laptop?

Also, appreciate and agree with your calling out the EMOTION problem of a 'younger' one here. I agreed before you even posted. :hmhehm

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're still not distinguishing between holy LGBTQ and unholy LGBTQ.

There are unholy acts associated with LGBTQ, just as there are unholy acts associated with heterosexual marriage.

The point is, all men need to ensure they are pure before the Lord; even before marriage is an issue, men need to take their purity seriously.