WWJD with LGBTQ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

WWJD with LGBTQ?​

Ohhhh, and tax collectors and prostitutes and lepers and bleeding women and the general riff-raff that turned up and listened as he spoke to them of the Kingdom of God......and fed the crowd, probably upwards of 10,000, with bread and fish.....from a boy's lunch ......yes, what would he do with them? :contemplate:

Reactions: St. SteVen

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are some things that will get you killed.

Here is one.. "God is not Mocked".

Here is one.. "Those Who do not obey the Gospel", when 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9 comes to town.

Now this "mockery", has a few moving parts..

Here are 3 of them.

"being a fake Christian, to try to harm other Christians, or take advantage of them".

"living in known sin, openly, as a Christian, and knowingly refusing to stop".

"blaspheming the Spirit" and that has some moving parts, that i'll not go into here.

Now, here is an example of something that will get you killed by God.

9 """ Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who just buried your husband for the SAME REASON...are at the door, and they will carry you out also.” = You are going to DIE for what you did.

And she did.

IN the OT< God killed 3000 Hebrews in one day.

Read about the "Golden Calf".
I know you prefer a God who kills, Behold......all those pesky sinners, creatures bent out of shape because of who knows what influences and pressures they were subject to?
It is clear you have no heart for the wicked.....let alone die for them. :contemplate:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I know you prefer a God who kills, Behold...

"God is Love".

"For God so loved the WORLD (every person) that He Gave JESUS"....

Jesus said "if you've seen ME, you've SEEN the Father".

Yet....

God is HOLY.

God is a Jealous God, regarding Agape' Love, not Eros love.

= See : Genesis and the FLOOD which God caused to drown every living human being, other then Noah/family

= See: Sodom and Gomorrah, where God burned an entire city of sexual perverts, and you can come to Israel, and see the location and you will SEE the burned ash, in the Rock.

So, what i have, is a BALANCED understanding that the Love of God, is not without Righteousness/Holiness/Judgement

You dont have this understanding, yet.... @quietthinker .

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, I am 74, and can so relate to 'our' dilemma with today's technology. My go to bible app on my phone, for 20+? years, won't update, or work the downloaded study modules anymore. And my desktop software program which I first started buying floppy disk modules for in the 80's shutdown 5+ years ago after the founder retired. It is now being left behind on my newer computers with newer system updates and I'm seeing glitches that never used to be there. I'm getting pretty disgusted, I have to admit.

Question; what Bible programs do you currently use on your phone or desktop/laptop?

Also, appreciate and agree with your calling out the EMOTION problem of a 'younger' one here. I agreed before you even posted. :hmhehm
Hello Hillsage, thanks for the reply. My two study Bibles are on my computer and they are from: theWord.net and the other at e-sword.net They both are free, and have many free modules available. They look complicated at first, but take some time and slowly you learn all the great features on them. You have many commentary modules available for free. Among the many modules I have on the software are commentaries from two Baptists, two Presbyterians, two Methodists and a Lutheran. When I study, I like to get a full perspective. Even though I am labeled a "Calvinist", I love my two Methodist commentaries; Adam Clarke and Joseph Benson.

Reactions: Hillsage

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"God is Love".

Yet....

God is HOLY.

= See : Genesis and the FLOOD which God caused to drown every living human being, other then Noah/family

= See: Sodom and Gomorrah, where God burned an entire city of sexual perverts, and you can come to Israel, and see the location and you will SEE the burned ash, in the Rock.

So, what i have, is a BALANCED understanding that the Love of God, is not without Righteousness/Holiness/Judgement

"God is Love".

Yet....

God is HOLY.

Why do you think I make the statements I make, Behold?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WWJD with LGBTQ?​

Ohhhh, and tax collectors and prostitutes and lepers and bleeding women and the general riff-raff that turned up and listened as he spoke to them of the Kingdom of God......and fed the crowd, probably upwards of 10,000, with bread and fish.....from a boy's lunch ......yes, what would he do with them? :contemplate:
Were they all sexually active gays?

What do you all think you're doing?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Were they all sexually active gays?

What do you all think you're doing?
Who knows who and what they were? does it matter?
Humanity is just a big pool of disfunction....and that of all stripes.

Those who consider themselves unaffected by disfunction, whatever it is, live in a delusion.
I'm of the understanding that Jesus came into the World to save sinners; the Good News is for them....are you one of those? I certainly am! .....and further, throwing stones at lepers, gays or whoever one thinks is unacceptable has forgotten the debt forgiven. I recall Jesus telling a couple of stories to that effect.
Luke 7:36-50 and Matthew 18: 21-35

• Love

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who knows who and what they were? does it matter?
Humanity is just a big pool of disfunction....and that of all stripes.

Those who consider themselves unaffected by disfunction, whatever it is, live in a delusion.
I'm of the understanding that Jesus came into the World to save sinners; the Good News is for them....are you one of those? I certainly am! .....and further, throwing stones at lepers, gays or whoever one thinks is unacceptable has forgotten the debt forgiven. I recall Jesus telling a couple of stories to that effect.
Luke 7:36-50 and Matthew 18: 21-35
Feeding the multitudes has nothing to do with this topic that is the sin of homosexuality.

I recall Jesus saying this,
Mark 7:20-23
And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

It isn't casting stones to recognize sin is what God defines it as. It isn't casting stones to state sinners need repent and abstain from their sins.

And it isn't love to say otherwise.

God so loved the world so to save the world's sinners from sin. He didn't come to say He loves sinners to remain sinning.

Love is seeking to save sinners from their sin.

Insisting love says sinners are OK just as they are, is not love.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmmm,
Wow to those who call evil good and good evil .

They best beware, sin lies at the door and will be revealed !

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a living God whom is also a consuming
fire !

Reactions: BlessedPeace

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Feeding the multitudes has nothing to do with this topic that is the sin of homosexuality.

I recall Jesus saying this,
Mark 7:20-23
And he said, “What comes out of a person is what defiles him. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.”

It isn't casting stones to recognize sin is what God defines it as. It isn't casting stones to state sinners need repent and abstain from their sins.

And it isn't love to say otherwise.

God so loved the world so to save the world's sinners from sin. He didn't come to say He loves sinners to remain sinning.

Love is seeking to save sinners from their sin.

Insisting love says sinners are OK just as they are, is not love.
We can bark and belch about sinners and their sin till the desert freezes over. It wont change a thing. The Pharisees were experts at pointing out peoples sin. They thought that by pointing out the flaws of others, their own would be concealed. Did Jesus ever major on that?
It's the embracing of God's forgiveness which changes the heart, not the unrelenting accusations against those which are broken. People need to hear the Good News, not the bucket loads of advice dished out by well meaning others.

• Love

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can bark and belch about sinners and their sin till the desert freezes over. It wont change a thing. The Pharisees were experts at pointing out peoples sin. They thought that by pointing out the flaws of others, their own would be concealed. Did Jesus ever major on that?
It's the embracing of God's forgiveness which changes the heart, not the unrelenting accusations against those which are broken. People need to hear the Good News, not the bucket loads of advice dished out by well meaning others.
I don't think the Good News is the issue for those who insist sin,the one under discussion now in particular, is not an issue for Christians attention.

Denying sin,any one in particular, this one of Homosexuality, is an issue in and of itself, makes Salvation from it a moot point.

Like someone who has a broken leg. If someone insists the fractured bone isn't what defines a broken leg, then someone else who comes along and makes that observation
that a fractured bone makes normal healthy walking impossible, is overcome by that point of view that insists fractures aren't the real issue when we're talking about casts.

Jesus was the very God who condemned sexual immorality in both straights and gays.

The argument that proceeds as, Jesus didn't condemn gays,etc... is an argument that overlooks those facts. Those of God's condemning those sins,and his punishment of the sinners committing them.

Jesus was preaching to fellow Jews who knew the scriptures. He didn't have to repeat himself in order to reiterate the wages of sin. Or, keeping on topic here,the wages of homosexual sin.

The people knew.
How does an honest Christian spread God's Good News when they don't directly address the particular sin,and call it sin, of concern in a community that today insists they're OK being gay and or Transsexual?

We can't be convicted to spread the Good News when we don't have the courage to outright condemn any one sin so as to then offer the News of Salvation as its solution.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter and verse for his condemnation of gays, please. Thanks.

/
No.
If you do not know the scriptures, especially as often as those particular passages have been discussed, you cannot intelligently participate here. Because you are ignoring those passages. And that does not invalidate the sin.

Since you advocate the sin of homosexuality by denying it is a sin,the onus is actually on you to show where God said it was not a sin.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
If you do not know the scriptures, especially as often as those particular passages have been discussed, you cannot intelligently participate here. Because you are ignoring those passages. And that does not invalidate the sin.
There is no such passage where Jesus condemns homosexuality that I am aware of.
And you have failed to provide such.

AND you have no right to tell me where I can and cannot participate.

Since you advocate the sin of homosexuality by denying it is a sin,the onus is actually on you to show where God said it was not a sin.
I do not advocate for "the sin of homosexuality". I advocate for the church getting a handle on this issue.

/

Reactions: Hillsage

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such passage where Jesus condemns homosexuality that I am aware of.
And you have failed to provide such.

AND you have no right to tell me where I can and cannot participate.

I do not advocate for "the sin of homosexuality". I advocate for the church getting a handle on this issue.

/
The church has a handle on this issue. That you don't approve that handle is obvious.And immaterial to that fact.

You're upset the gay lifestyle is sin. And when you repeatedly wilfully choose to ignore passages that state that, ignore Jesus is God who condemned that particular sin,and then think Christians need repeat scripture you wilfully ignore to satisfy your expectation ,you are sorely mistaken.

We are fully entitled to tell you,as you demonstrate repeatedly,you cannot participate in this thread intelligently when you obstinately refuse,as is obvious, to fully recognize scripture that applies to the subject.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church has a handle on this issue.
What the church has done is an absolute train wreck. That is what this topic is about.

You're upset the gay lifestyle is sin.
I said no such thing.

We are fully entitled to tell you,as you demonstrate repeatedly,you cannot participate in this thread intelligently when you obstinately refuse,as is obvious, to fully recognize scripture that applies to the subject.
This is MY thread. I'm the originator. Did you bother to read the OP?

/

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the church has done is an absolute train wreck. That is what this topic is about.
It is not a trainwreck.
The train that's chugging along that is a danger to all people is the one being driven by the Tolerance engineers.

Christianity isn't tolerant of sin.

I said no such thing.
Outright? Of course not.
This is MY thread. I'm the originator. Did you bother to read the OP?
Sure did. Don't you remember that?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity isn't tolerant of sin.
--- PARODY ---

Church Greeter: Welcome to church!
Church Visitor: Thanks, my first time here.
Church Greeter: Great, we are glad you are here. One question...
Church Visitor: Uh, okay. What is it?
Church Greeter: Are you LGBTQIA+ ?
Church Visitor: Um... that's not one thing, that's at least seven things. ???
Church Greeter: We just ask that you leave that at the door when you enter this holy place.
Church Visitor: Seriously?
Church Greeter: Yes, the Bible tells us that those things are evil, we want no evil here.
Church Visitor: You do know that there is a HUGE difference between LGBQ and TIA, right?
Church Greeter: Nope, all one thing to us. Sinful, very sinful.
Church Visitor: You can argue that LGBQ is not genetic, but clearly TIA are genetic.
Church Greeter: Sorry, I'm not studied in these things.
Church Visitor: Obviously.
Church Greeter: Are you LGBTQIA+, or not?
Church Visitor: I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work. Goodbye.

Indeed. What's wrong with this picture?

/