WWJD with LGBTQ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said that verse is telling us to fear the devil who can destroy body and soul in hell. That would make the devil our Judge and King and the one we bow down to then. Pardon the pun, but hell no. Jesus has TRIUMPHED over the devil and was given the keys to life and death. It is He to whom is owed holy fear/ reverence/ worship/ obedience.....it was/is God who has power to destroy body/soul in hell if He so judges and He gave all that authority to Christ.
Yes, that's what I'm saying regarding fearing the Devil. He is the accuser. God does not accuse.
Consider the following verses:

Zechariah 3:1-5
3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan[a]standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 The Lordsaid to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?”

3 Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. 4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.”

Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.”

5 Then I said, “Put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the Lord stood by.

There are many things to say about this matter yet one thing is certain, the devil is the accuser who has painted God with his own attributes so that it is impossible to love God because one genuinely admires him. The devil has painted God as an exacting, petty judge who can never be pleased; a God who in the convolution of his own rationale plans and arranges his own beloved Son to be murdered because somehow in the labyrinth of that convoluted thinking he needs spilt blood to satisfy justice......ahhhh yes, 'justice' the euphemism men use for revenge.

The God of Jesus is not like this in the slightest. 1 John tells us that 'God is light and in him is no darkness at all'
We need to take this seriously and deduce all scriptures by this measure. If we don't we end up becoming the hypocrite the World at large sees those who take on the name of Christian as.....and rightly so.

Doing this of course raises many questions about the things we read, particularly in the OT, but also the NT.
Are we fearful to ask the real questions that are born from the understanding that God is light and in him is no darkness at all?

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, that's what I'm saying regarding fearing the Devil. He is the accuser. God does not accuse.
Consider the following verses:

Zechariah 3:1-5
3 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan[a]standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 The Lordsaid to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?”

3 Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. 4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.”

Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.”

5 Then I said, “Put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the Lord stood by.

There are many things to say about this matter yet one thing is certain, the devil is the accuser who has painted God with his own attributes so that it is impossible to love God because one genuinely admires him. The devil has painted God as an exacting, petty judge who can never be pleased; a God who in the convolution of his own rationale plans and arranges his own beloved Son to be murdered because somehow in the labyrinth of that convoluted thinking he needs spilt blood to satisfy justice......ahhhh yes, 'justice' the euphemism men use for revenge.

The God of Jesus is not like this in the slightest. 1 John tells us that 'God is light and in him is no darkness at all'
We need to take this seriously and deduce all scriptures by this measure. If we don't we end up becoming the hypocrite the World at large sees those who take on the name of Christian as.....and rightly so.

Doing this of course raises many questions about the things we read, particularly in the OT, but also the NT.
Are we fearful to ask the real questions that are born from the understanding that God is light and in him is no darkness at all?
It was JESUS who said we are to rather fear the one who can destroy body and soul in hell. He would never have told us to fear the devil. But to fear God....yes...that would be in line with what scripture teaches all over the bible about fearing God.

Be aware that there are two ditches on either side of the narrow path. Jesus said to beware both the leaven of the Pharisees as well as the leaven of Herod. Pushing back against the Pharisees too hard results in landing in the Herod ditch, and vice versa. Whereas the truth just kind of sails on imperturbed in the middle without looking to the right or the left. This generation of church-goers has adopted a reactionary push-back gospel in response to Pharisaic religiosity and in so doing have overshot the mark. We need to get back to the word of God and true gospel which is what it is, unchanging and marching on without respect to anything else that is going on at the sides of the road.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just the same old "You must sin as I sin, or you must not sin at all" schtick, or "glad-handing echo chamber," as you called it.

If you and I don't agree on how to interpret Scripture, then you're a virtual wine-bibber, and I'm supposed to write you off, shun you, and high-five the hypocrite standing next to me. Like your differing views are somehow going to undermine the great mission (whatever it is) of our little online church, as it were.

It's all very nauseating to me. It's like I'm supposed to just ignore the parts of the Bible that talk about leaving the 99, wrestling not against flesh and blood, the other sheep (not wolves) not of this fold, etc, and ad nauseum. Ugh.

I've noticed lately that even staff members seem to be less inclined to hang around, if the main page is any indication. I could be wrong but, if not, I can certainly understand why. We're becoming less of a community and more of an exercise in comparison.

Not that it matters, per your post, but we are done.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is occuring is the sifting . as we draw nearer and nearer to the final hour
the sifting increases . those who are of the all inclusive love are gonna only worsen in hatred against the BIBLICAL PATTERN
and the lambs are only gonna grow in boldness against the lies . THE TWO SIDES are not GONNA FIND COMMON GROUND barney .
THE ALL INCLUSIVE OVERLOOK SIN FIND COMMON GROUND SIDE is gonna DELIVER the true lambs over to the authorities
WHO WILL KILL MANY . Some have BIG TIME chosen the wrong side , the wrong love , the wrong unity
the lets get along and find common ground pile of DUNG DOO DOO that i TRIED to warn some was even within EVERY DENOMINATION
to some degree . I DID TRY barney , i did warn . always remember that . I did so cause i did love .
My soul weeps for so many now . so many . BUT IT WILL BE , AND MAY IT BE , AN ICE COLD SUB ZERO
day in a VERY HOT PLACE , LONG before i sell out to this fake sorry pile of dung love unity junk most are now buying into .
WE SHOULDA STUCK IN BIBLES Barns . that is all i can say .
My confidence in ppl is dwindling so fast in what glad handing I see on here.
You're right the all inclusive love is not what God requires.

Sin is still sin by God's standards. False teachers, their proponents & messages are still lies! Making sweet does not change God, nor his word per man's nor private interpertations !

Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not that it matters, per your post, but we are done.

To be honest, I didn't notice who it was that made the comment SS was replying to but if your message is that 'the universalists aren't worth saving' then WE never got started.

I'm a friend to all who will have me. I impose my will on no one and I won't have my own will coerced.

Those are my only terms of friendship. Sorry if that's too morally deficient for you.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Certainly.
One of the biggest problems I have noticed on Christian forums is that
everyone is selling and no one is buying. Essentially a failed economy.

No one cares what you have to say. They only care about what they have to say.
Tribalism.

These are BROAD generalizations of course.
If it wasn't for the few that make this place worthwhile,
I would find something better to do with my time.

/
Did God make you come here on February 6th, this year?
\

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
L. A. M. B. #467
I give zero unto Universalists, the promoters of love all, (accept their sin or you might hurt their widdle bitty feelings)
the ppl whom deny the deity of Christ, the followers of men's doctrine rejecting the word of God as He says it is to be.

All that follow their denoms apostles, prophets, prophetesses, teachers, preachers ect are in the hands of a just and merciful God in this life! However after death there is no longer a mercy to be gained but rather the all consuming fire of the living God, WHO SAID..............!

To be honest, I didn't notice who it was that made the comment SS was replying to but if your message is that 'the universalists aren't worth saving' then WE never got started.

I'm a friend to all who will have me. I impose my will on no one and I won't have my own will coerced.

Those are my only terms of friendship. Sorry if that's too morally deficient for you.

It might be you need to get your facts straight.
I never said they nor anybody else was not worth saving!
Further I have never tried to force anyone to accept what I believe, rather to have them see what the word says.
Since I cannot put you on ignore please do me the courtesy to put me there.

Good bye to you!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
L. A. M. B. #467
I give zero unto Universalists, the promoters of love all, (accept their sin or you might hurt their widdle bitty feelings)
the ppl whom deny the deity of Christ, the followers of men's doctrine rejecting the word of God as He says it is to be.

All that follow their denoms apostles, prophets, prophetesses, teachers, preachers ect are in the hands of a just and merciful God in this life! However after death there is no longer a mercy to be gained but rather the all consuming fire of the living God, WHO SAID..............!

Further I have never tried to force anyone to accept what I believe, rather to have them see what the word says.

Good bye to you!

My original comments were general—not personal. It might be that you need to get your emotions straight.

Last edited:
  • Love

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, what Lamb said is just true. A humanistic gospel and approach to the word of God doesn't forge soldiers of the cross, it just keeps babes remaining babes instead of growing and overcoming and increasing in strength. Perpetually fixing their eyes on their problems instead of learning to fix their gaze above and taking ground. The answer to our problems isn't to be found in a humanistic gospel. Jesus said to seek His kingdom and righteousness FIRST, then all these things that we need would be added unto us. So many are trying to do it in reverse order and it doesn't work.
This too is a GROSS misrepresentation.

/

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was JESUS who said we are to rather fear the one who can destroy body and soul in hell. He would never have told us to fear the devil. But to fear God....yes...that would be in line with what scripture teaches all over the bible about fearing God.
How is it supposed that Jesus is the destroyer when he plainly identifies the devil who is the one that destroys?
How is it supposed that Jesus is the accuser when he is the one who freely forgives 'even while we were dead in our sins' Ephesians 2:5

Any court room session requires an accuser, the accused, a defender and a judge. To whom do we apportion these roles as per the narrative of Jesus?....and the witness of the disciples?

I would suggest the popular narrative is a hijacked narrative. Satan has reversed the roles between the reality of himself and the reality of God in peoples understanding just as he reversed Eve's perception of God's blessing by presenting God as one who withholds good things, convincing her that his narrative promises greater insight and ultimately liberation from God's 'restrictions'.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it supposed that Jesus is the destroyer when he plainly identifies the devil who is the one that destroys?
How is it supposed that Jesus is the accuser when he is the one who freely forgives 'even while we were dead in our sins' Ephesians 2:5

Any court room session requires an accuser, the accused, a defender and a judge. To whom do we apportion these roles as per the narrative of Jesus?....and the witness of the disciples?

I would suggest the popular narrative is a hijacked narrative. Satan has reversed the roles between the reality of himself and the reality of God in peoples understanding just as he reversed Eve's perception of God's blessing by presenting God as one who withholds good things, convincing her that his narrative promises greater insight and ultimately liberation from God's 'restrictions'.
Wow. Smokin' hot response.
I thought the infamous earlier post was a bit tongue-in-cheek.
But this post frames your thoughts on this. An interesting and worthy view to consider.

Indeed, how is it that we would saddle Christ with these devilish attributes?

I'm back to lapping it up. - LOL

/

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
L. A. M. B. #467

Good bye to you!
We must remember that to speak the truth , to correct error is not imposing our will upon people .
If so paul , the apostels and Christ himself would have been in error .
Many are now using this new tatic to rather shut down and silence the voices that correct their error .
Folks in error love that saying . not to impose our will . because that also means their error wont get corrected .
This too is why the church has been so fast to adopt the mantra judge not , correct not .
See it dont matter to many that folks are in deadly error , what matters to most is that THEIR OWN ERROR be not corrected .
Many like the feeling of what is commonly termed a safe place . But have forgotten
that once leaven is in , IT WILL leaven the entire lump . Its a lot easier for most folks to just
go with the flow and not to rather expose errors within the church . These are very sad times indeed .
Do not let certain voices wear you down or out sister . All we can do is speak the truth and continue to do so .
Who so ever hears amen , who so ever rejects its on them . We must keep the original one and only biblical pattern
given us by Christ and the apostels . If not , that is exactly how the church falls . So stay encouraged sister
I know its hard , sad and tough to watch what is occuring . But onwards we must go and continue in the original
biblical doctrine . That pattern . IT WAS GOD INSPIRED . GOD Knows how to keep the church safe .
Many are going with the inclusive pattern men have , for years , instructed the churches to learn .
IT wont work , it will destroy and leaven them up to the full , till not only are they in total black
but they all unify as one under what they will believe is GOD , only IT AINT GOD .
YES the time is coming when it wont just be words like haters they will say but actions and laws
will do much more against the true lambs who conformed not to the all inclusive universal love
of what they think WAS GOD , but never was . Just dont let folks wear you down sister .

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That shouldn’t be a hard question to answer when we know it is the LORD who created both good and evil and who created the destroyer in the first place for the purpose of destroying.

Isa 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (such a blessing to read that whole chapter and see the Lord trying to tell us Who He is and how great He is!)

Isa 54:16

Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

1Ch 21:12

Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.

1Ch 21:15

And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Psa 78:49-52

He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

He made a way to his anger; he spared not their soul from death, but gave their life over to the pestilence;

And smote all the firstborn in Egypt; the chief of their strength in the tabernacles of Ham:

But made his own people to go forth like sheep, and guided them in the wilderness like a flock.

Do we still not know Who it is we are dealing with? Not a teddy bear, that’s for sure. Though teddy bears are for infants, that is true, but we need to grow out of infancy and start to really realize who our Father is…..a Great and Mighty King who has the power of life and death in His hands. He disciplines His children in order that we learn obedience, as well as pours out His wrath and judges the wicked. Thankfully He has carved out a cleft in the Rock for we who believe, that we be not consumed in the end when He comes and His glory is fully revealed. (No man can see God and live!)

Bible says, “I the Lord do not change.” He's the same God of the old testament. Good to His friends but severe upon His enemies and rightly so. Justly so. Not unrighteously. He has shown His great mercy through His Son for all who would receive Him, and even now is also longsuffering the sin and wickedness of this world in hopes that some will be saved, though He doesn't have to, but because He is merciful and being slow to anger.

Rom 9:18-23

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

Act 5:1-5

But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

A few scriptures to consider, on the topic of accusation:

Jhn 5:45

“Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you—Moses, in whom you trust.

(in other words – the words of God that Moses wrote down)

Mat 12:36-37

“But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Jhn 12:48

“He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.

Luk 12:56-59

Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?

When thou goest with thine adversary to the magistrate, as thou art in the way, give diligence that thou mayest be delivered from him; lest he hale thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and the officer cast thee into prison.

I tell thee, thou shalt not depart thence, till thou hast paid the very last mite. (in other words, pay for it with their life)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That shouldn’t be a hard question to answer when we know it is the LORD who created both good and evil and who created the destroyer in the first place for the purpose of destroying.

Isa 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (such a blessing to read that whole chapter and see the Lord trying to tell us Who He is and how great He is!)

Isa 54:16

Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

1Ch 21:12

Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me.

1Ch 21:15

And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Psa 78:49-52

He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.

He made a way to his anger; he spared not their soul from death, but gave their life over to the pestilence;

And smote all the firstborn in Egypt; the chief of their strength in the tabernacles of Ham:

But made his own people to go forth like sheep, and guided them in the wilderness like a flock.

Do we still not know Who it is we are dealing with? Not a teddy bear, that’s for sure. Though teddy bears are for infants, that is true, but we need to grow out of infancy and start to really realize who our Father is…..a Great and Mighty King who has the power of life and death in His hands. He disciplines His children in order that we learn obedience, as well as pours out His wrath and judges the wicked. Thankfully He has carved out a cleft in the Rock for we who believe, that we be not consumed in the end when He comes and His glory is fully revealed. (No man can see God and live!)

Bible says, “I the Lord do not change.” He's the same God of the old testament. Good to His friends but severe upon His enemies and rightly so. Justly so. Not unrighteously. He has shown His great mercy through His Son for all who would receive Him, and even now is also longsuffering the sin and wickedness of this world in hopes that some will be saved, though He doesn't have to, but because He is merciful and being slow to anger.

Rom 9:18-23

Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory

Act 5:1-5

But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.
Yes, that is the way the Hebrews saw God but their understanding was in error. Why do I say this? because Jesus corrected the view and John wrote,

1 John 1:5
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

Jesus is the definitive revelation of what God is like.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
Yes!
The darkness is something to fear. But in God there is no darkness at all. Therefore, nothing to fear at all.

/

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, that is the way the Hebrews saw God but their understanding was in error. Why do I say this? because Jesus corrected the view and John wrote,

Jesus is the definitive revelation of what God is like.

Hebrews 1:1-3
1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways,2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
What, THIS Jesus below? Yes. Are we forgetting that His wrath has yet to be revealed? Or at least the full brunt of it. We just haven't seen all of His "being" yet, fully revealed. I don't believe justice is darkness....it is just. So I think we should be careful we're not accusing Him of darkness when He chooses to be just. Remember too that HE has created the darkness. God has so graciously revealed His great mercy to us in His Son, that some souls might be saved and spared from His coming wrath, but He didn't HAVE to! Else mercy wouldn't be mercy. We shouldn't feel entitled, but grateful. Why do we think people NEED to be saved?

2Th 1:7-10

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Rom 1:16-22

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

Act 17:30-31

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

It says He will judge the world in RIGHTEOUSNESS….IE, JUSTLY, JUSTICE.....paying out the just wages of sin to those who have even refused His gracious offer of clemency. In the meantime the Lord is still willing to show His great unfathomable mercy to those who are willing to receive it, while there is still time.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What, THIS Jesus below? Yes. Are we forgetting that His wrath has yet to be revealed? Or at least the full brunt of it. We just haven't seen all of His "being" yet, fully revealed. I don't believe justice is darkness....it is just. So I think we should be careful we're not accusing Him of darkness when He chooses to be just. Remember too that HE has created the darkness. God has so graciously revealed His great mercy to us in His Son, that some souls might be saved and spared from His coming wrath, but He didn't HAVE to! Else mercy wouldn't be mercy. We shouldn't feel entitled, but grateful. Why do we think people NEED to be saved?

2Th 1:7-10

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,

In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Rom 1:16-22

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

Act 17:30-31

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

It says He will judge the world in RIGHTEOUSNESS….IE, JUSTLY, JUSTICE.....paying out the just wages of sin to those who have even refused His gracious offer of clemency. In the meantime the Lord is still willing to show His great unfathomable mercy to those who are willing to receive it, while there is still time.
Yes indeed dear sister . And again i see that pure and lovely reminder . the one that more and more
are now overlooking as they embrace this other love god .
The one which says Salvation to everyone who BELIEVETH . many are quickly forgetting the BELEIVE PART
as they more and more embrace the broad road love . Just a friendly reminder to all .