WWJD with LGBTQ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
WOW...very small god you have there.

Dominion does not require domination.
A parent doesn't completely control a newborn baby's movement because they don't need to. The baby is allowed to flail its arms and legs, squirm, and make faces...because it's harmless and expected.
There is no difference here between mankind's futile efforts versus God's Sovereignty. God doesn't have to dominate to have dominion.
John, hear what is being said rather than what you want it to say.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Commentary from Colby Martin on 1 Corinthians 6:9-11.

/
Wow! What a load of absolute garbage!
All sexual immorality is condemned in God’s word regardless of gender or orientation.

Sexual acts are sanctioned by God in a scriptural marriage between a man and a woman…..it’s the very reason why gender exists….to produce children as an act of love, between two committed people who are beginning a family of their own. In today’s world sex is for pleasure, and pregnancy is seen as a unwanted side effect for them. Good grief!

Homosexuals cannot marry in God’s eyes because their sexual attraction is unnatural. It is the greatest insult to God to place the sacred seed of life in a sewer, which is why male homosexuality gets the most attention. Sex has a noble purpose in a God sanctioned marriage, but aberrant sex is purely to satisfy the fallen flesh. It serves no noble purpose at all.

Women are not missing from Paul’s admonition…..
Romans 1:24-27….
”That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene.”

I don’t know about you, but that scripture seems pretty clear to me…..my lens isn’t fogged up by justification for what God clearly abhors.

Christians who find themselves with gender issues have some serious decisions to make.
Sex is a decision….whereas lust is a product of sinful flesh. We have to know the difference. God has clearly outlined in his word what is acceptable to him and what is not.
Those who love God more than they love themselves will do what he says and make the necessary sacrifices to obey him.

Reactions: Jethro2

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Wow! What a load of absolute garbage!
All sexual immorality is condemned in God’s word regardless of gender or orientation.

Sexual acts are sanctioned by God in a scriptural marriage between a man and a woman…..it’s the very reason why gender exists….to produce children as an act of love, between two committed people who are beginning a family of their own. In today’s world sex is for pleasure, and pregnancy is seen as a unwanted side effect for them. Good grief!

Homosexuals cannot marry in God’s eyes because their sexual attraction is unnatural. It is the greatest insult to God to place the sacred seed of life in a sewer, which is why male homosexuality gets the most attention. Sex has a noble purpose in a God sanctioned marriage, but aberrant sex is purely to satisfy the fallen flesh. It serves no noble purpose at all.

Women are not missing from Paul’s admonition…..
Romans 1:24-27….
”That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene.”

I don’t know about you, but that scripture seems pretty clear to me…..my lens isn’t fogged up by justification for what God clearly abhors.

Christians who find themselves with gender issues have some serious decisions to make.
Sex is a decision….whereas lust is a product of sinful flesh. We have to know the difference. God has clearly outlined in his word what is acceptable to him and what is not.
Those who love God more than they love themselves will do what he says and make the necessary sacrifices to obey him.
The whole world apart from Christ loves what is perverse and sinful and wicked, and not only encourages what is sinful, but makes it legal.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John, hear what is being said rather than what you want it to say.
Well explain the difference then of what I interpreted you to say versus what you said.

Feel free....we are waiting with baited breath.

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
And God is immutable....meaning God does not change. God views things from an eternity mindset....not as we do from a time driven and bound mindset. God's Children never die....they live forever. The rest of mankind dies...
Even after one third of men on earth have perished,
the remaining two thirds refuse to stop serving demons.
Not a good outlook for those who sin willfully and wantonly.

Reactions: JohnDB

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Well explain the difference then of what I interpreted you to say versus what you said.

Feel free....we are waiting with baited breath.
Some of us are not waiting at all.
The righteous continue to be becoming more righteous;
the wicked continue to be becoming more wicked.

As God Says, So It Is.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, He isn't playing sport with us.......but many are playing sport with their salvation. The cross is that narrow way........the way of the cross....which involves denying/crucifying our flesh and self-life. Why Christians were called people of the Way. Not everyone is willing to follow (ie, obey) Jesus and walk on that Way. We are to "sell" all that we have and are, in order to "buy" the field where the treasure is hidden. We are told to count the cost... it costs us to follow the Lord and not everyone is willing to pay the price.
There it is again. Salvation by works. (personal merit)

/

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
God the Creator made all things simple (true).

Dishonest men came up with many explanations/devices (sinful).

The internet and governments and religions of the world
greatly encourage and promote dishonesty and lies.
(and bribes)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still waiting for someone to show me where in scripture the lake of fire and final judgment of God isn't final. Last time I checked, the end means the end.
Here it is again. The end is redemption, not annihilation.

Anyone who has knees to bow and a tongue to speak, in heaven and on earth and under the earth (in the realm of the dead), will whole-heartedly, and without reservation, acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord. No one can say that “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit. If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” you will be saved. Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. (the reason for the bodily resurrection) Scriptural support below.

Philippians 2:10-11
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says,
“Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart
that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 14:9
For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that
he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

Note on "acknowledge" in Philippians 2:11 from Strong's Concordance
S1843 eksomologéō (from 1537 /ek, "wholly out from," intensifying 3670 /homologéō, "say the same thing about") – properly, fully agree and to acknowledge that agreement openly (whole-heartedly); hence, to confess ("openly declare"), without reservation (no holding back).

Further reading: Isaiah 45:23; Romans 14:11; Revelation 15:4

/

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
- There is a 40% suicide rate among gays, which is driven by societal rejection.
Or by controlling demons. Very common on earth as people worldwide refuse to give up serving demons even when none third of the population on earth dies.

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Christians tend to treat LGBTQ as if it is a singular thing. It's not.
It's a very complex subject that the church has, for the most part, swept under the rug.
It is a very singular thing called sin.
The true believers simply say to stop sinning. Repent in order to be saved.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There it is again. Salvation by works. (personal merit)

/
Nope....it's called salvation by grace THROUGH FAITH.... faith that actively demonstrates gratitude for the Salvation afforded to us. Not by wallowing and stubbornly refusing to give up obvious sins.

You are either grateful or not.

You can try to claim Salvation by saying "You owe me salvation and give me what's mine!" Or....you can live a life in gratitude in humility. "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble"

Huge difference once again.

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
I have known for some time that this is an issue that the church needs to come to grips with.
My own wake-up call came when I went back to college in my 50's to study interior design.
Among my classmates I discovered gay Christians. Say what? How could this be?
For this straight, white, married, Protestant, evangelical male, it was quite a shock.
And well it should have been and still be a shock to find that false teachers and false teachings are rampant and are promoting sin everywhere instead of salvation.

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble"
Yes and as seen God opposes the sin but the world promotes it. With a sinful support system set up to deceive everyone, some believers get deceived as well as the unbelievers have been. They apparently do not want grace but want and seek the approval of sinful men, instead of God's Approval, and God rejects them.

Reactions: JohnDB

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
Christian gays that come out are at risk of losing family, friends, church, employment, housing...
Well, they do not lose (not having to start with) salvation in Jesus. They might lose the opportunity if they never repent of their sin though.

Jethro2

Oct 28, 2023
jerusalem
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Israel
There are other factors as well. This is a place to discuss them.
A carnal worldly section of a forum in the world might be a place to discuss them.

The uncarnal, unworldly believers and followers of Jesus are told not to promote the darkness, but rather to expose it. Not to discuss it perse. Never to promote it.