WWJD with LGBTQ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL
What is the source of "mental illness"?

That's an interesting comparative. Cleft palates.

I'm imagining two teenagers looking at themselves in the mirror.
One with a cleft palate, and the other with gender dysphoria.
Both asking God why he made them that like that.
Seems like a legitimate question either way.

Agree/disagree?

/
God does not intervene in the world. That's why it pains me when I see bumper sticker Christians praying for a new car or to have God get rid of their cancer. Like Jesus demonstrated, pray to God for his glory, for our repentance, and to gird and strengthen your faith.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people feel like they were put in the wrong body.
Why did God make them that way?

/
God didn't.
It's an organic mental illness.A chemical imbalance.

There are other similar mental diseases.

Some people will one day arrive at the conclusion a body part is not their own. His is known as BID, Body Integrity Disorder. It's also known as Somatosgnosia.
Another symptomology similarly related is known as, or Asomatognosia.

Someone thinking their penis and scrotum are suppose to be a vagina and ovaries is suffering similarly.

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm familiar with that POV.
Do you discount gender dysphoria?
Even Christians struggle with same sex attraction.

/
Why did he make Hitler or Jeffrey Dahmer that way? It was worldly fate. If God intervened in the world, horrible things wouldn't happen to good people.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not intervene in the world. That's why it pains me when I see bumper sticker Christians praying for a new car or to have God get rid of their cancer. Like Jesus demonstrated, pray to God for his glory, for our repentance, and to gird and strengthen your faith.
What do you make of this?

1 Peter 5:7 NIV
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Mark 11:24 NIV
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

/

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you make of this?

1 Peter 5:7 NIV
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Mark 11:24 NIV
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

/
So, what do you think when millions of people are watching their TV and praying for God to not let the Trade Center buildings fall and kill 2900 people? Then, they fall anyway. Was God not listening? Was there not one person in those praying millions sincere enough or faithful enough in their prayer? If Mark 11:24 was directed at worldly things, you and I can have a new Lambo tomorrow. Delivered! Just ask for it in prayer. If that passage meant worldly issues, the nightly news would be filled with apparent miracle cures for cancer, heart disease, and other maladies. What happens when a couple of guys are playing chess and they both pray in earnest to win? People are always attributing some worldly positive outcome to God "answering their prayers", but are curiously silent on those times the prayers weren't answered. If I flip a coin and pray that it lands heads up, my prayer will be answered 50% of the time. Apparently.

Marcipa

Apr 13, 2024
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm...
There was nothing in the pamphlet about me not being allowed to pray for help finding a car. I do need one.

Anyway, back to topic: I try to love others at all times. I do however struggle with the whole gay Christian thing as I feel it goes against the word since Christ calls them an abomination. I read an article about the fact that there's no gay gene so people can't be born that way. Which means it's a choice. Many want to be Christian's but don't want to give up said lifestyle. I don't agree with the whole transgender thing either. You are born the way God intended you to be. I know one person so far that has had the surgery to become a female. I believe that part of why they take their own lives is maybe because they know it's wrong and they don't like being treated like the plague. It's all about choices. You either choose God or you don't. JMO

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmm...
There was nothing in the pamphlet about me not being allowed to pray for help finding a car. I do need one.

Anyway, back to topic: I try to love others at all times. I do however struggle with the whole gay Christian thing as I feel it goes against the word since Christ calls them an abomination. I read an article about the fact that there's no gay gene so people can't be born that way. Which means it's a choice. Many want to be Christian's but don't want to give up said lifestyle. I don't agree with the whole transgender thing either. You are born the way God intended you to be. I know one person so far that has had the surgery to become a female. I believe that part of why they take their own lives is maybe because they know it's wrong and they don't like being treated like the plague. It's all about choices. You either choose God or you don't. JMO
Homosexuality has many shades of grey. It is shortsighted to tar everyone with the same brush.

Dysfunction runs through humanity in all forms. People born with deformed limbs or co-joined, even being sexually mixed like hermaphrodites are all forms of physical dysfunction in the human make up.
There is also emotional dysfunction and psychological dysfunction which we would call mental illness.

I don't think it's a good idea to be in a hurry to make a judgement on any dysfunction. Downs syndrome people of Fetal alcohol children are in a condition no fault of their own. Do we judge them negatively? I hope not.

God loves all his children, particularly sick ones (sinners)....because that's what being a sinner is; it's being dysfunctional.

Marcipa

Apr 13, 2024
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Homosexuality has many shades of grey. It is shortsighted to tar everyone with the same brush.

Dysfunction runs through humanity in all forms. People born with deformed limbs or co-joined, even being sexually mixed like hermaphrodites are all forms of physical dysfunction in the human make up.
There is also emotional dysfunction and psychological dysfunction which we would call mental illness.

I don't think it's a good idea to be in a hurry to make a judgement on any dysfunction. Downs syndrome people of Fetal alcohol children are in a condition no fault of their own. Do we judge them negatively? I hope not.

God loves all his children, particularly sick ones (sinners)....because that's what being a sinner is; it's being dysfunctional.
Never thought of it that way. What kind of a disfunction do you see that as if it were one? Something of a mental health nature?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This somehow suggests that God individually created each of us as a separate project....what on earth would make anyone think that?

In the Bible only a handful of people were chosen before birth for a special reason....most humans are simply the product of two people who had sex. If God created us all individually then why are some poor women doomed to be childless, when they would make excellent mothers? Or why do bad mothers have lots of children that they don't even want and can't take proper care of them?
What of those who are the product of rape, or incest? How could God be involved in human reproduction? If he was, we would all be perfect.

God gave us the ability to reproduce our own kind......but that doesn't mean he created us all predestined to be what we turn out to be.
There are many factors that make us who we are. Even two children from the same parents can be like chalk and cheese.

Its a genetic lottery and sin makes for mistakes in the programming sometimes.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2) --- Making this eternal stuff

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma --- And bang! Back to plasma!
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, and a mind to study these things
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

Man turns to the sexual due to the void (nothing, absolute zero, darkness) inside. So the Lord would tell you...

This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

For this we say of the Holy Spirit...

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... With so many of societies issues...

1. Is it a physical problem?
2. Is it a mental problem?
3. Is it a spiritual problem?

What would Jesus say about it?

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God. - Isaiah 50:10

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Never thought of it that way. What kind of a disfunction do you see that as if it were one? Something of a mental health nature?
It would depend on how it manifests. It could be of a sexual nature, it could be of an emotional/ psychological nature or a physical nature.
If you were homosexual of some sorts which by the way I am not, I would not treat you any differently to any other person. I would definitely not condemn you as is the practice of some religious or even non religious folk.

• Love

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much today requires discernment...

*Is it of the flesh?
*Is it of God?
*Is it of the devil?

Here is a woman speaking truth...

The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. - Acts 16:17

What was wrong with that? It was the truth! Not promoting anything of the flesh or any issues... Yet Paul said...

But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. - Acts 16:18

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what do you think when millions of people are watching their TV and praying for God to not let the Trade Center buildings fall and kill 2900 people? Then, they fall anyway. Was God not listening? Was there not one person in those praying millions sincere enough or faithful enough in their prayer? If Mark 11:24 was directed at worldly things, you and I can have a new Lambo tomorrow. Delivered! Just ask for it in prayer. If that passage meant worldly issues, the nightly news would be filled with apparent miracle cures for cancer, heart disease, and other maladies. What happens when a couple of guys are playing chess and they both pray in earnest to win? People are always attributing some worldly positive outcome to God "answering their prayers", but are curiously silent on those times the prayers weren't answered. If I flip a coin and pray that it lands heads up, my prayer will be answered 50% of the time. Apparently.
Do you pray? It sounds like you don't have much faith in prayer, which implies lack of faith in God. ???
Christians pray and prayers are answered. Sometimes the answer is no or the answer is inbtheform tha you would not prefer. God holds the best interests of His sheep in His hands. Sometimes good is right there when evil strikes. Death is part of life, but it is not the end. Wars are ordained by God, evils ( disasters, calamities, troubles) allowed FOR A PURPOSE.. GOD IS SOVEREIGN. How many actually were on the fence about Jesus until they were in a fox hole getting shot at or in a burning, collapsing building? Maybe they died but moments before that they finally reached out to God. Did He answer their prayers? Yes, He gave them life eternal. He saved them, not from physical death - which everyone experiences. What is the purpose of life anyways? To be reconciled to God at some point.
Those millions of prayers for those people during times of disaster are answered, just not how you want them to be answered.
The Great Tribulation will soon come and billions will die. Can our prayers prevent what was ordained and written about? No. Our prayers for our well being and others are answered. People get saved, but we all don't get to live in this sinful world for 100 years - so what? People on those planes reached out to God and were saved. And those brave souls broke into the cockpit _ knowing death was imminent and steered the plane oof course. Those people in the Twin Towers, many of whom might have been lovers, godless souls may have had a divine appointment that day ... or not. Death came suddenly to many who did not have a chance to utter a word or prayer. From what I understand, those buildings if filled would have had 50,000 souls. So that 47,000 avoided death was an answer to prayers before they were even uttered.
Prayer is powerful, active and our connection and communication to God.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Admiring or desiring a specific occupation has nothing to do with gender, nor does playing with dolls. A boy who is more gentile, soft spoken with shy tendencies and not so interested in rough sports, climbing trees or rough play does not mean he is wanting to be a girl. Even dressing up like one is just pretending, play acting ilke Tootsie or Mrs. Doubtfire. Children are just all in a learning phase, noticing differences between boys and girls and developing an identity. Young boys could have been bullied by boys, made fun of and so didn't want to identify themselves as one of them, so shied away from the mucho group and leaned towards friendly and gentle girls. That does not change their sex - nothing does.
Thoughts and feelings don't change your sex, not even hormones and operations do. On a cellular level, each cell has that intial male or female DNA design that you were born with so really it is impossible to change your sex. You can cut off your penis and inject some boobs but you are really deceiving yourself. Psychiatrists had the diagnosis correct before 1974. It was called "mental disorder". You did not have your sexually in order with a natural and normal mindset about who you are.

>One needs to take seriously their God given gender, what He intended them to be.<

Judgment is coming for all LGBTQ ... but not only for them!

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, ...

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due...

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Rom. 1;18-20, 26-27, 28-32

Another phrase for a "debased mind" is mental disorder. Obviously a debased mind is not limited to sexual perversion only, but being filled ( consumed entirely) with any other evils on the long list above. After a certain point in life, God let's these people go to do what they want and in essence _ for them _ they have passed the point if no return, no chance of redemption, they are reprobates. We don't know when they line is drawn, so for us we continue to witness, minister, warn them of the path they are on. Satan is really capturing young children and the government is behind this evil, pushing this envelope.
Children are greatly impressionable and need to be taught the way they should go, as the bible rightly says. Even apes "socialize" their young to ensure survival of the species.....and it looks like the human race is de-volving now and becoming dumber than them. Society unfortunately has lost its way and is failing its children hugely. There is a devil who is seeking who he may devour and he's having a hay-day.........this is all part of God's judgment on a church which has gone astray and lost is way and which has consequently lost its sway over society.

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you pray? It sounds like you don't have much faith in prayer, which implies lack of faith in God. ???
Christians pray and prayers are answered. Sometimes the answer is no or the answer is inbtheform tha you would not prefer. God holds the best interests of His sheep in His hands. Sometimes good is right there when evil strikes. Death is part of life, but it is not the end. Wars are ordained by God, evils ( disasters, calamities, troubles) allowed FOR A PURPOSE.. GOD IS SOVEREIGN. How many actually were on the fence about Jesus until they were in a fox hole getting shot at or in a burning, collapsing building? Maybe they died but moments before that they finally reached out to God. Did He answer their prayers? Yes, He gave them life eternal. He saved them, not from physical death - which everyone experiences. What is the purpose of life anyways? To be reconciled to God at some point.
Those millions of prayers for those people during times of disaster are answered, just not how you want them to be answered.
The Great Tribulation will soon come and billions will die. Can our prayers prevent what was ordained and written about? No. Our prayers for our well being and others are answered. People get saved, but we all don't get to live in this sinful world for 100 years - so what? People on those planes reached out to God and were saved. And those brave souls broke into the cockpit _ knowing death was imminent and steered the plane oof course. Those people in the Twin Towers, many of whom might have been lovers, godless souls may have had a divine appointment that day ... or not. Death came suddenly to many who did not have a chance to utter a word or prayer. From what I understand, those buildings if filled would have had 50,000 souls. So that 47,000 avoided death was an answer to prayers before they were even uttered.
Prayer is powerful, active and our connection and communication to God.
Thanks. You actually made my point by totally missing it. I was not speaking about salvation at the moment of death. I pray, but not for God to help me get rid of the flu. I pray in the manner and focus that was instructed by Jesus. People should pray for their faith to be bolstered, that God's will be done, foregiveness, etc. Not for personal, earthly intervention. I agree with your points on those in the throe of death being saved through faith. That has nothing to do with my point. If God intervened to remove someone's cancer, we would also see my old Army buddies growing back their legs. Also, I don't need any opinions about foxholes. I could write a book about the mental gymnastics in a foxhole. Thanks for your insights

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I seem to remember discussing this with you in the past.
See if my response is as familiar to you as your question is to me. - LOL

Three options for answered prayer:
1) Yes.
2) No.
3) Wait.

Here's your Lambo. Good things come to those who wait. - LOL

1713095496879.jpeg

/

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could God be involved in human reproduction? If he was, we would all be perfect.

Hi, Aunty! :waves:

I'm just spitballing here, but it seems to me that if He weren't involved, we'd be extinct.

Perhaps I could be accused of engaging in semantics here, but I'm not sure it would be just or, at least, fair.

If God's creative power isn't "involved" (and I think this word is key), exactly what force is behind procreation?

Unless we're going to subscribe to some form of Deism here, aren't we going to have to at least agree on 'degrees of involvement' rather than a zero-sum equation arrangement?

Tendencies toward certain sins are linked to genetic mutations and although, at present, there doesn't seem to be any that are demonstrably linked directly to gender dysphoria (and I don't expect there ever will be), most sexually aberrant behavior is believed, by serious researchers, to be linked to the same genetic mutations that are the culprit (when left unchecked by medicine/lifestyle intervention—barring any especially miraculous, divine intervention, of course, which I'd never rule out) of other addictive behaviors that involve malfunctioning regulation of serotonin, dopamine, and other neurotransmitters that cause and temper us to, among other things, seek out food when we're hungry and procreate so we won't die out, without carrying things too far.

(And how's that for a run-on sentence? ;) )

Am I being unreasonable? :)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This somehow suggests that God individually created each of us as a separate project....what on earth would make anyone think that?

Its a genetic lottery and sin makes for mistakes in the programming sometimes.
This indicates to me a poor self-image on your part.
Were we not fearfully and wonderfully made?
What is the wonderful part?

A good father knows his children individually. They are MORE than a product of procreation.
Each one precious in his sight. Has Father God not shaped and formed each of us?

/

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This indicates to me a poor self-image on your part.
Were we not fearfully and wonderfully made?
What is the wonderful part?

A good father knows his children individually. They are MORE than a product of procreation.
Each one precious in his sight. Has Father God not shaped and formed each of us?

/

You've been avoiding me. I thought we were friends.

Or was it me avoiding you? :p

• Haha