Y do U believe what U believe, and do U have good reasons 4 those beliefs? - let's find out.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What commandments was Jesus referring to here?:

Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You are reading the Sermon on the Mount. Look how Jesus was making new commandments from the Old that went to the source of the problem. Not just our outward actions as the Father's, but now the inward parts to the heart and mind. Do the commandments of Jesus and you will never break one of the Father's commandments. "You have heard it said of old..., BUT I SAY ..."

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is a spirit.
Technically (since that is your argument) there is no "a" in the original language.

But...what is your point. Sounds like you just want to agree with yourself. Well, you can.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
For instance, I believe Jesus is returning very soon, yet I did not always used to believe that, or even think on it.
ha, thats interesting to me bc i always believed Jesus was returning very soon, and when i found that it could not be Quoted anywhere, it led me to where i am today, that very concept did. Ty Yah :)
If you might answer my questions, and we have a dialogue?
ha ya good luck with that here lol

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ Jesus, before He was crucified [Matthew 20:19, 23:34, 26:2, 27:22,23,26,31,35,38,44, 28:5; Mark 15:13,14,15,20,24,25,27,32, 16:6; Luke 23:21,23,33, 24:7, 24:20; John 19:6,10,15,16,18,20,23,32,41; Acts 2:23,36, 4:10; Romans 6:6; 1 Corinthians 1:13,23, 2:2,8; 2 Corinthians 13:4; Galatians 2:20, 3:1, 5:24, 6:14; Hebrews 6:6; Revelation 11:8 KJB], had a crown of thorns [Genesis 22:13; Matthew 27:29; Mark 15:17; John 19:2,5 KJB] placed onto His head, scarring Him, then afterward they later took Him to be nailed to the Cross of Calvary [Matthew 10:38, 16:24, 27:32,40,42; Mark 8:34, 10:21, 15:21,30,32; Luke 9:23, 14:27, 23:26; John 19:17,19,25,31; 1 Corinthians 1:17,18; Galatians 5:11, 6:12,14; Ephesians 2:16; Philippians 2:8, 3:18; Colossians 1:20, 2:14; Hebrews 12:2 KJB], being hung upon the tree [Acts 5:30, 10:39, 13:29; Galatians 3:13; 1 Peter 2:24 KJB], having therefore wounds placed in his hands, and his feet [Psalms 22:16 KJB]. Then in His death, a soldier pierced [Zechariah 12:10; Revelation 1:7 KJB] His side with a spear [John 19:34,37 KJB], opening up another.

Notice what John experienced:

Rev_1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Jesus ascended with a real glorified body, to a real place (3rd Heaven), to a real Person (that of the Father), and actually sat down with the glorified body upon the right hand of His Father upon the real physical throne of Heaven:

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Jesus will return in the glorified flesh, even with the eternal reminder of his wounds, which will be the only reminder of all this:

Hab_3:4 And his brightness was as the light; he had horns coming out of his hand: and there was the hiding of his power.

Habakkuk 3:3 reveals that it is speaking of His second coming, for in it “His glory covered the heavens” [see Matthew 16:27; Mark 8:38, etc KJB]. In the further context [v 5-6], it is justice, the wrath of god, even the “pestilence” goes before Him [even as the plagues are poured out before and at his coming], being laid unto the earth, and so on. It is borrowing language from previous events from Egypt and using them in an eschatological prophecy. Therefore, in vs 4, we see Jesus still having the light shine forth from His wounds, in his immortal humanity. For in His sacrifice, is His love shown and demonstrated to all the universe, therein is the power of God - of which we will always and ever have undeniable evidence of. Sin shall not arise a second time.

Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Act 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Act 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

To spiritualize God, to make him without body, is to vaporize the entire reward, heaven itself, the throne of God and His eternal Law in the fires of spiritualism. Yet in eternity, there are those who will still see those wounds and ask Him:

Zec 13:6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

Jesus, who asked Thomas to place his hand in His side, and finger in his hands, said:

Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

This was before he met with the Apostles. He ascends to his Father and comes back to His disciples, then stays around for 40 days and ascends from the Mt. Olivet 10 days before Pentecost, and even then in Revelation 5:6; Psalms 133:1-3; Acts 2:1-3,33, etc we still see Jesus as being represented as the one 'slain':

Luk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Luk 24:40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Joh 20:20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

Joh 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
Joh 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Psalms 68:17-18, cited by Paul in the NT (Ephesians 4), show that Christ Jesus ascended as the "Son of Man", just as Daniel shows and not as an aetheral essence or perfume that pervades the universe.
You cannot use the spiritual fact that God has created us in His image, and the multitude of manifest images of His body, to claim glory for the flesh that belongs to God alone, whom is spirit. The fact that you try, and that you use the scriptures for that unholy agenda, are acts against the Spirit. As long as you are looking up all these passages, look also and see what acts against the Spirit will get you.

Or repent, and worship God in spirit and in truth.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, this is what I DO believe, I just did not expound as I did not have scriptures handy and had to get off line...Yes...I do believe we will be in Heaven on Judgement day as we all have to stand before His throne? Not so sure but am leaning towards Heaven being where the wedding supper of The Lamb will take place. I have a question for you (if you don't mind) that was posed by another friend on here : Who are the guests at the Wedding Feast? I have heard and read differing opinions.
Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Hey sister, apologies for not getting back with you sooner. Things are rather 'busy' today. :)

No worries about having to go. I understand that part.

Sure, I do not mind such questions at all. The question you have asked is a good one.

However, before I respond, let me confirm the text I think you are referring to.

Are you referring specifically to Matthew 22 and the wedding there with its guests? If so, I can reply a little later (keep in mind that the Bible defines its own words, even line upon line).

May you also be blessed, and heart be filled with thanksgiving and praise for all God has given you.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I can't watch this anymore. It seems the older I become, the less meat I desire...AND, it is because of those videos you posted. I have seen such before and it breaks my heart to pieces. God never meant for people OR animals to eat meat :(
I no longer eat God's creatures; I no longer eat the flesh of animals, neither as much as is possible in this world of deceit, do I any longer eat animal 'products', byproducts (milk, cheese, dairy, eggs, whey and so on).

I know, that video is a very hard video to watch, especially for those who cannot easily look upon suffering, cruelty, and those things. I watched it the first time (a few months back), alone and in the dark, late at deep night, and it really had my attention and without distraction, though was difficult for me to stomach at that time, as I had already given up flesh for several years.

Maybe this video will help you, as the information and scripture therein was a blessing to me:

There is great information in this video. Feel free to ask questions about it also, as there is much more to consider in the word of God on it.

Reactions: Nancy

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, thats interesting to me bc i always believed Jesus was returning very soon, and when i found that it could not be Quoted anywhere, it led me to where i am today, that very concept did. Ty Yah :)

ha ya good luck with that here lol
Do you mean you cannot find a citation from scripture about Jesus' soon return?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Technically (since that is your argument) there is no "a" in the original language.

But...what is your point. Sounds like you just want to agree with yourself. Well, you can.
You have a misunderstanding of koine Greek. It doesn't need (require) an 'indefinite article'. The context determines the translation from koine Greek. Many such places if you look, and same also for definite article. The translators of the King James were excellent scholars in this area, and knew the languages. So-called 'modern' versions absolutely spiritualize away God, into nothingness. For instance, others have stated:

"... PERSONALITY OF GOD

MAN was made in the image of God. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness." "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him." Gen.i,26,27. See also chap.ix,6; 1Cor.xi,7. Those who deny the personality of God, say that "image" here does not mean physical form, but moral image, and they make this the grand starting point to prove the immortality of all men. The argument stands thus: First, man was made in God's moral image. Second, God is an immortal being. Third, therefore all men are immortal. But this mode of reasoning would also prove man omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, and thus clothe mortal man with all the attributes of the deity. Let us try it: First, man was made in God's moral image. Second, God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. Third, therefore, man is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. That which proves too much, proves nothing to the point, therefore the position that the image of God means his moral image, cannot be sustained. As proof that God is a person, read his own words to Moses: "And the Lord said, Behold there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock; and it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by. And I will take away mine hand and thou shalt see my [2] back parts; but my face shall not be seen." Ex.xxxiii,21-23. See also chap.xxiv,9-11. Here God tells Moses that he shall see his form. To say that God made it appear to Moses that he saw his form, when he has no form, is charging God with adding to falsehood a sort of juggling deception upon his servant Moses. {1861 JW, PERGO 1.1}

But the skeptic thinks he sees a contradiction between verse 11, which says that the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, and verse 20, which states that Moses could not see his face. But let Num.xii,5-8 remove the difficulty. "And the Lord came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam, and they both came forth. And he said, Hear now my words. If there be a prophet among you, I, the Lord, will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently." {1861 JW, PERGO 2.1}

The great and dreadful God came down, wrapped in a cloud of glory. This cloud could be seen, but not the face which possesses more dazzling brightness than a thousand suns. Under these circumstances Moses was permitted to draw near and converse with God face to face, or mouth to mouth, even apparently. {1861 JW, PERGO 2.2}

Says the prophet Daniel, "I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hairs of his head like the pure wool; his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire." Chap.vii,9. "I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him, and [3] there was given him dominion and glory and a kingdom." Verses 13, 14. {1861 JW, PERGO 2.3}

Here is a sublime description of the action of two personages; viz, God the Father, and his Son Jesus Christ. Deny their personality, and there is not a distinct idea in these quotations from Daniel. In connection with this quotation read the apostle's declaration that the Son was in the express image of his Father's person. "God, who at sundry times, and in divers manners, spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person." Heb.i,1-3. {1861 JW, PERGO 3.1}

We here add the testimony of Christ. "And the Father himself which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape." John v,37. See also Phil.ii,6. To say that the Father has not a personal shape, seems the most pointed contradiction of plain scripture terms.

OBJECTION. - "God is a Spirit." John iv,24. {1861 JW, PERGO 3.2}

ANSWER. - Angels are also spirits [Ps.civ,4], yet those that visited Abram and Lot, lay down, ate, and took hold of Lot's hand. They were spirit beings. So is God a Spirit being. {1861 JW, PERGO 3.3}

OBJ. - God is everywhere. Proof. Ps.cxxxix,1-8. He is as much in every place as in any one place. {1861 JW, PERGO 3.4}

ANS. - 1. God is everywhere by virtue of his omniscience, as will be seen by the very words of David referred to above. Verses 1-6. "O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my down-sitting and mine uprising; thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a [4] word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thy hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me. It is high; I cannot attain unto it." {1861 JW, PERGO 3.5}

2. God is everywhere by virtue of his Spirit, which is his representative, and is manifested wherever he pleases, as will be seen by the very words the objector claims, referred to above. Verses 7-10. "Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there; if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." {1861 JW, PERGO 4.1}

God is in heaven. This we are taught in the Lord's prayer. "Our Father which art in heaven." Matt.vi,9; Luke xi,2. But if God is as much in every place as he is in any one place, then heaven is also as much in every place as it is in any one place, and the idea of going to heaven is all a mistake. We are all in heaven; and the Lord's prayer, according to this foggy theology simply means, Our Father which art everywhere, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth, as it is everywhere. {1861 JW, PERGO 4.2}

Again, Bible readers have believed that Enoch and Elijah were really taken up to God in heaven. But if God and heaven be as much in every place as in any one place, this is all a mistake. They were not translated. And all that is said about the chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and the attending whirlwind to take Elijah up into heaven, was a useless parade. They only evaporated, and a misty vapor passed through the entire universe. This is all of Enoch and Elijah that the mind can possibly grasp, admitting that God and heaven are [5] no more in any one place than in every place. But it is said of Elijah that he "went up by a whirlwind into heaven." 2Kings ii,11. And of Enoch it is said that he "walked with God, and was not, for God took him." Gen.v,24. {1861 JW, PERGO 4.3}

Jesus is said to be on the right hand of the Majesty on high." Heb.i,3. "So, then, after the Lord had spoken unto them he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God." Mark xvi,19. But if heaven be everywhere, and God everywhere, then Christ's ascension up to heaven, at the Father's right hand, simply means that he went everywhere! He was only taken up where the cloud hid him from the gaze of his disciples, and then evaporated and went everywhere! So that instead of the lovely Jesus, so beautifully described in both Testaments, we have only a sort of essence dispersed through the entire universe. And in harmony with this rarified theology, Christ's second advent, or his return, would be the condensation of this essence to some locality, say the mount of Olivet! Christ arose from the dead with a physical form. "He is not here," said the angel, "for he is risen as he said." Matt.xxviii,6. {1861 JW, PERGO 5.1}

"And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail! And they came and held him by the feet, and they worshiped him." Verse 9. {1861 JW, PERGO 5.2}

"Behold my hands and my feet," said Jesus to those who stood in doubt of his resurrection, "that it is I myself. Handle me and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? And they gave him a piece of broiled fish, and of an honey-comb, and he took it and did eat before them." Luke xxiv,39-43. {1861 JW, PERGO 5.3} [6]

After Jesus addressed his disciples on the mount of Olivet, he was taken up from them, and a cloud received him out of their sight. "And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold two men stood by them in white apparel, which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." Acts i,9-11. J. W. {1861 JW, PERGO 6.1} ..."

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"... IMMATERIALITY

THIS is but another name for nonentity. It is the negative of all things and beings - of all existence. There is not one particle of proof to be advanced to establish its existence. It has no way to manifest itself to any intelligence in heaven or on earth. Neither God, angels, nor men could possibly conceive of such a substance, being, or thing. It possesses no property or power by which to make itself manifest to any intelligent being in the universe. Reason and analogy never scan it, or even conceive of it. Revelation never reveals it, nor do any of our senses witness its existence. It cannot be seen, felt, heard, tasted, or smelled, even by the strongest organs, or the most acute sensibilities. It is neither liquid nor solid, soft nor hard - it can neither extend nor contract. In short, it can exert no influence whatever - it can neither act nor be acted upon. And even if it does exist, it can be of no possible use. It possesses no one, desirable property, faculty, or use, yet, strange to say, immateriality is the modern Christian's God, his anticipated heaven, his immortal self - his all! {1861 JW, PERGO 6.2}

O sectarianism! O atheism!! O annihilation!!! [7]

who can perceive the nice shades of difference between the one and the other? They seem alike, all but in name. The atheist has no God. The sectarian has a God without body or parts. Who can define the difference? For our part we do not perceive a difference of a single hair; they both claim to be the negative of all things which exist - and both are equally powerless and unknown. {1861 JW, PERGO 6.3}

The atheist has no after life, or conscious existence beyond the grave. The sectarian has one, but it is immaterial, like his God; and without body or parts. Here again both are negative, and both arrive at the same point. Their faith and hope amount to the same; only it is expressed by different terms. {1861 JW, PERGO 7.1}

Again, the atheist has no heaven in eternity. The sectarian has one, but it is immaterial in all its properties, and is therefore the negative of all riches and substances. Here again they are equal, and arrive at the same point. {1861 JW, PERGO 7.2}

As we do not envy them the possession of all they claim, we will now leave them in the quiet and undisturbed enjoyment of the same, and proceed to examine the portion still left for the despised materialist to enjoy. {1861 JW, PERGO 7.3}

What is God? He is material, organized intelligence, possessing both body and parts. Man is in his image. {1861 JW, PERGO 7.4}

What is Jesus Christ? He is the Son of God, and is like his Father, being "the brightness of his Father's glory, and the express image of his person." He is a material intelligence, with body, parts, and passions; possessing immortal flesh and immortal bones. {1861 JW, PERGO 7.5}

What are men? They are the offspring of Adam. They are capable of receiving intelligence and exaltation to such a degree as to be raised from the dead with a body like that of Jesus Christ, [8] and to possess immortal flesh and bones. Thus perfected, they will possess the material universe, that is, the earth, as their "everlasting inheritance." With these hopes and prospects before us, we say to the Christian world who hold to immateriality, that they are welcome to their God - their life - their heaven, and their all. They claim nothing but that which we throw away; and we claim nothing but that which they throw away. Therefore, there is no ground for quarrel or contention between us. {1861 JW, PERGO 7.6}

We choose all substance - what remains
The mystical sectarian gains;
All that each claims, each shall possess,
Nor grudge each other's happiness.

An immaterial God they choose,
For such a God we have no use;
An immaterial heaven and hell,
In such a heaven we cannot dwell.

We claim the earth, the air, and sky,
And all the starry worlds on high;
Gold, silver, ore, and precious stones,
And bodies made of flesh and bones.

Such is our hope, our heaven, our all,
When once redeemed from Adam's fall;
All things are ours, and we shall be,
The Lord's to all eternity. {1861 JW, PERGO 8.1} ..." - Personality of God, by James Springer White, 1861, pages 1.1 - 8.1

Reactions: brakelite

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot use the spiritual fact that God has created us in His image,
You seem to overlook the two words used in Genesis, "image" and "likeness" and the two are not the same. If you would do a study on these two words throughout scripture, you will notice something about them, as I have so done. Please, take some time, and let me know what you find, and then I can share what I have found therein and we can compare.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Or repent, and worship God in spirit and in truth.
I have even already, which is why I share the scriptures I do, and believe what I now believe, and so worship the living God in heart (spirit) and in deed (truth).

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are reading the Sermon on the Mount. Look how Jesus was making new commandments from the Old that went to the source of the problem. Not just our outward actions as the Father's, but now the inward parts to the heart and mind. Do the commandments of Jesus and you will never break one of the Father's commandments. "You have heard it said of old..., BUT I SAY ..."
What I see in Matthew 5, is Jesus explaining the depths of the Ten Commandments in their order.

The 'You have heard it said', is not "It is written ...", but is a reference to Rabbis/scribes, etc expounding or reading from the text. Jesus is contrasting Himself and the true meaning, with the false meanings given by orators (rabbinism).

For instance, you will not find anywhere in scripture this citation:

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

It was Rabbinism/scribes, etc that took the scriptures, and made them say what they do not.

Others are distortions, or portions of text, taken from context by the Rabbins/scribes, etc :

Mat 5:38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

This was in the OT, but the context was being left out by those who were teaching (Rabbins) on it, and so on.

Look closely at Matthew 5, and you will see that Jesus teaches on each of the Ten Commandments, but really delves into the last 6, moreso than the first 4, and with reason.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Do you mean you cannot find a citation from scripture about Jesus' soon return?
ah, no; wadr i mean you cant
the orig term OT would be shuvu,
Zechariah 1:3 Lexicon: "Therefore say to them, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, "Return to Me," declares the LORD of hosts, "that I may return to you," says the LORD of hosts.

and NT would be strepho,
Luke 19:12 Lexicon: So He said, "A nobleman went to a distant country to receive a kingdom for himself, and then return.

trippy, i know. But note Jesus has already returned right

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You say "The Spirit":

1Jn_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

You say "love", so here is how the bible defines that:

1Jn_5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
2Jn_1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Why? Because the Law of God is His character (love) in written form:

Exo 33:12 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
Exo 33:13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
Exo 33:14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.

Mat_11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Exo 33:15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
Exo 33:16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
Exo 33:17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
Exo 33:18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
Exo 33:19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
Exo 33:20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
Exo 33:21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
Exo 33:22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
Exo 33:23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

Exo 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.
Exo 34:2 And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto mount Sinai, and present thyself there to me in the top of the mount.
Exo 34:3 And no man shall come up with thee, neither let any man be seen throughout all the mount; neither let the flocks nor herds feed before that mount.
Exo 34:4 And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone.
Exo 34:5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.
Exo 34:6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
Exo 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
Exo 34:8 And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.
Exo 34:9 And he said, If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us; for it is a stiffnecked people; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.

Exo 20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Exo 20:7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Exo 20:8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Exo 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exo 20:10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Exo 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
Exo 20:14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Exo 20:15 Thou shalt not steal.
Exo 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Exo 20:17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

You live in your mind and are looking for mind stimulations. But that is not the Spirit...it is a human soul looking for satisfaction...which you won't find.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You live in your mind and are looking for mind stimulations. But that is not the Spirit...it is a human soul looking for satisfaction...which you won't find.
yeh, guilty here too i guess

"if true knowledge was the key, the devil would be in."

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus returned to the Father, this is for certain, and yet He is coming back physically for us:

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Luke 19:12, is referring to OT text:

Luk 19:12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

Isa_13:5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

The Land (Kingdom) Jesus receives of His Father:

Isa 62:3 Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
Isa 62:4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
Isa 62:5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Jesus is the King and Husband, the Kingdom His bride.

Jesus will soon return (υποστρεψαι; see also the Greek uses - Kata Biblon Wiki Lexicon - ὑποστρέφω - to return (v.) ), physically.

Then Shall Psalms 24 be sung once again, in even greater triumphant strain:

Psa 24:1 A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Psa 24:2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
Psa 24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
Psa 24:4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
Psa 24:5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
Psa 24:6 This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
Psa 24:7 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
Psa 24:9 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:10 Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

These might help/assist (if not, I may present many scriptures if you desire that instead, let me know):

End-Time 13 - Armageddon & The 7 Last Plagues - Sister Helen

End-Time 14 - Hope For The Millennium & Revelation's Grand Finale - Sister Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
just finished about ten years of wandering, not really a part of US culture so "outlying" seemed apropos then. Glenwood Springs Colo now
Jesus returned to the Father, this is for certain, and yet He is coming back physically for us:
ya, prolly not.
and i already read the brochure ok, but ty. I know you mean well
if you ever find Jesus "returning" in the orig languages--not scribed up English iow--lemme know k

I will never leave you nor forsake you
so in Christ we who are many are one body
(
we are the body of Christ)
this is for certain
i hope you stick around and come to understand how that is understood, wadr
are you aware of what dunning-krueger effect" is?

he who says he knows does not yet know as he ought

satan's dialectic/naive dialectic

you can follow one of those if you like

Last edited: