Yahshua’s Resurrected Body – Physical, Spiritual or Both?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which option best describes Christ's resurrected body - chosen from the OP below?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 4 - Some other unlisted type of body

• Total voters

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a discussion of the resurrection of Christ that revolves around the question of what ‘body’ did he possess after his resurrection. I believe most Christians have overlooked and have not really pondered on this subject seriously.

There are really only three options for what Christ’s body became after his resurrection:

1. Christ retained his old physical body and spirit, same soul, just like Lazarus. And the only major change was that his Father healed him of his mortal wounds to live again. What would it mean or what is the significance to us to say that the risen Yahshua only repossessed his old healed physical body?

2. His previous mortal body was enhanced and much improved with his same spirit. He became a newer healed version of his old soul. Again, what would it mean or what is the significance to us to say that the risen Yahshua only repossessed a new improved healed physical mortal body?

3. He was truly an immortal spirit body (with his same spirit in a new body designed for a spirit – as the same for any creature in the heavenly realm), designed for living in another invisible dimension or realm, although could materialize and appear at will, in this dimension or world, as a new physical immortal body; it could also function as a mortal human body.

This is what scripture says:

1. Christ appeared to Mary Magdalene outside and near his tomb and she thought he was the gardener as she did not recognize him until he introduced himself to her (John 20:14-16)

2.The risen Christ instantly appeared in a locked room (John 20:19).

3. The risen Christ instantly appeared to the apostles again a week later and Thomas was present, who saw the nail holes/scars on his body (John 20: 26-27).

4. He walked with two of his followers for a couple of hours and was never recognized – and when he was finally recognized, he vanished (Luke 24:16).

5. He appeared in both Jerusalem (In Luke and John) and Galilee (In Matthew and John).

6. He appeared to Stephen in his dying moments after been stoned (Acts 7:55).

7. He appears to Paul in or near Damascus as a brilliant light (Acts 9:3).

8. He appeared to John of Revelation on an island off the coast of Asia Minor (Rev. 1).

9. Christ said he would ‘raise’ the Temple of his ‘new’ body again in three days (John 2: 19-22)

10. Christ ascended in his visible human (immortal) form in front of the apostles and then became invisible as he went 'up' from this world and dimension into the other dimension of the heavenly realm (Acts 1:9-10)

So how can the risen and living Christ be all around us and with us, present everywhere, if his spirit still only inhabited a human mortal body? He is immortal is he not?!

I vote for option 3 above.

What say yea?

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More applicable scripture:

(Luk 24:25) Then Jesus asked the two disciples, "Why can't you understand? How can you be so slow to believe all that the prophets said?
(Luk 24:26) Didn't you know that the Messiah would have to suffer before he was given his glory?" (CEV)

Yahshua was saying to these disciples he was given glory, that he was given a resurrected immortal body, not a fleshly natural human body as them. He was now a super-human being that could still function in their world as a natural human, although his appearance was different. I suspect it would show a light-energy field covering his 'skin,' as a distinctive glow.

Now some folks, not aligned with MS churches are accused of heresy when it comes to their understanding and belief in how they define Christ's resurrected body. Some of these do not go far enough, imo.

And then there are the MS Churchianitists, who many think his new resurrected body is a mystery like their Trinity, and do not dare attempt to know the condition of his glorious body for fear they may violate their common belief that Jesus = God. It gets a bit messy for them.

These folks taught in the buildings of Churchianity just repeat the phrase that he was resurrected 'bodily,' without any further discussion.

I think because his previous bloodied body that laid in his tomb suddenly vanished, and disintegrated into thin air at some point. And then his disembodied spirit quickly made a home in a new immortal body, out of sight or view of people, this all might upset many people and it's just too much to absorb.

This topic is another key to knowing that Christ CANNOT be God almighty. His body is NEVER going to be as God Almighty. We will also have a similar glorious body as Yahshua in the future. We have to come to grips with the fact and face the raw truth of the matter sometime, that we will be like Yahshua, and neither of us will be as God Almighty.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus appeared to his disciples after his resurrection he had a physical body. We know that because he told Thomas to put his hand in his side.

A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” John 20:26-27

After which Thomas recognised him for who he truly is.

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”
And your conclusion then according to this OP text? So which option do your relate to in the OP Pearl? An immortal body that can transform its self into a type of mortal 'physical' body on earth?

Remember that the temple of Christ's body he said he would raise before his resurrection was his spirit, not his flesh. The Pharisees did succeed in destroying his temple of/attached to his physical body. They separated his spirit(temple) from his body = > physical death. Although his spirit(temple) now possessed a new body suited for immortality upon his resurrection. His flesh body once housed his temple. If his original flesh body did not disappear or become destroyed, his spirit or temple would have to reoccupy his old body and his sacrifice was never thus completed and thus his purpose of being the ultimate blood sacrifice was in vain. He would never have been resurrected in glory.

John 2:19-21
“Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20 The Jews therefore said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.”

Thanks.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That after his resurrection he had a physical body - that is my conclusion. I don't do clever.
There is no cleverness here, only further study, research and prayer for wisdom.

So they I can conclude for you that you do not want to venture beyond saying he was resurrected with the SAME old mortal physical body as he wore before his physical death then?

Ans so you then must conclude you vote for option 1, as a Lazarus-type resurrected body with his same previous soul intact.

Thanks Pearl for your input

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you were asking a simple question so I gave a simple answer. Please don't draw me any further into this. Like I said I don't do clever. Keep your cleverness for those who can respond with equal cleverness. I don't want to. I will delete my simple answer if I can.
So I see you had to go to the trouble of deleting your posts. How sad. I'm sorry this subject may have caused you some frustration, really.
I really thought you responses forced me to the conclusion I made.

(1Co 15:35) Some of you have asked, "How will the dead be raised to life? What kind of bodies will they have?"
(1Co 15:36) Don't be foolish. A seed must die before it can sprout from the ground.

(1Co 15:42) That's how it will be when our bodies are raised to life. These bodies will die, but the bodies that are raised will live forever.
(1Co 15:43) These ugly and weak bodies will become beautiful and strong.
(1Co 15:44) As surely as there are physical bodies, there are spiritual bodies. And our physical bodies will be changed into spiritual bodies.(CEV)

Scripture does make it much clearer that we cannot keep the kernel of our former weak and ugly shell of a body; as what happened occurred to Christ in his resurrection process to new life. Physical death must reveal the spiritual body within that is associated with it, in all its glorify. It is definitely a real process of transformation from mortality to immortality.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I see you had to go to the trouble of deleting your posts. How sad. I'm sorry this subject may have caused you some frustration, really.
I have not been frustrated I made the mistake of getting drawn in to what I thought was a simple thread. I was wrong. PLEASE LEAVE ME OUT OF IT IF YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN. You are on your own.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not been frustrated I made the mistake of getting drawn in to what I thought was a simple thread. I was wrong. PLEASE LEAVE ME OUT OF IT IF YOU ARE A GENTLEMAN. You are on your own.

Look, let me make this crystal clear, there is is nothing 'simple' about this thread and subject. Bye for now then...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Mat 27:52) Graves opened, and many of God's people were raised to life.
(Mat 27:53) Then after Jesus had risen to life, they came out of their graves and went into the holy city, where they were seen by many people.(CEV)

When Christ's spirit inhabited his new glorious body as he was resurrected to new life, believers in Christ who were also dead at that time were then raised in the same way.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Php 3:20) But we are citizens of heaven and are eagerly waiting for our Savior to come from there. Our Lord Jesus Christ
(Php 3:21) has power over everything, and he will make these poor bodies of ours like his own glorious body.

Today we are citizens of the Kingdom and we wait for our mortal weak bodies to become as Christ's living body, in immortality. In the Kingdom there are no bodies designed for this earth, made of of flesh and blood. They are made of light and waters of immortal and constant energy. We shall shine as the stars. Amen.