YES, Lord Jesus Christ DID Claim To Be GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, "I and the FATHER are One."

Ponder carefully, He did not say the FATHER and I are one, but rather putting Himself first claiming equality with GOD.

That is why more the more, the rage stirred up with the leaders of Israel, plainly due to blasphemy.

In the beginning itself, they wanted to throw Jesus off a cliff.

But just because His time has not yet come, they couldn't do anything to Him.

They even quoted furthermore in the Gospel, 'You, being a man, make yourself GOD.'

The Jews themselves that day were the firsthand eye witnesses to have heard, Jesus claiming to be God.

Only the blind of this generation we witness, are blindly denying and disputing the claim.

When Lord Jesus used the Sacred Title of The "I AM" for Himself, when speaking to the Jews at the end of John 8, Jesus was saying that He is part of the 3 Persons of The GODHEAD, God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit.

By what you say above, it appears you might still be a little confused about the 3 Persons of The Godhead written in The Bible. Even Jesus' Name "Immanuel" means 'God with us', as written in Matthew 1:23, so don't you believe that?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ponder carefully, He did not say the FATHER and I are one, but rather putting Himself first claiming equality with GOD.

That is why more the more, the rage stirred up with the leaders of Israel, plainly due to blasphemy.

They even quoted furthermore in the Gospel, 'You, being a man, make yourself GOD.'

The Jews themselves that day were the firsthand eye witnesses to have heard, Jesus claiming to be God.

Only the blind of this generation we witness, are blindly denying and disputing the claim.
Jesus was God.

The OT prophesied that very future arrival.
And Jesus repeatedly stated he was the Father. Besides other scripture in the NT that speaks of that was well.

The Pharisees saw a man when they looked to Jesus. They did not have the eyes to see.
Jesus knew this because they were of their father, the adversary, the Devil.

Their teaching means nothing to Christians today.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
By what you say above, it appears you might still be a little confused about the 3 Persons of The Godhead written in The Bible. Even Jesus' Name "Immanuel" means 'God with us', as written in Matthew 1:23, so don't you believe that?
Am not confused, but you are plainly confused and not get it, about who am i and my witnessing, or you're just being a little 'cocky'.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

What???? Where do you get that idea?
John 17:20-23...
Jesus said...
“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, 21 so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. 23 I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me.”

Are all of Christ’s disciples also in this ‘godhead’? A word that is nowhere found in scripture, but that was invented by the apostate church that created it.
Do you people never read what the scriptures as a whole, say about things that are outside of Christendom’s cherry picked verses that underpin their false doctrines?

Not true. If you read the passage in Greek you will see exactly what the Jews said to Jesus and what his reply was.....
John 10:31-36...
“Once again the Jews picked up stones to stone him. 32 Jesus replied to them: “I displayed to you many fine works from the Father. For which of those works are you stoning me?” 33 The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy; for you, although being a man, make yourself [theos] a god.” 34 Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are [theos] gods”’? 35 If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of [ho theos] God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified— 36 do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am the son of [ho theos] God’?”

Read it carefully because in the Greek, the definite article is used selectively....meaning that the word “theos” doesn’t only mean “God”... it also pertains to those who are authorised by God to act in his behalf... “a god-like or divine one”. The use of the definite article “ho” identified God in that verse and as Jesus indicates, it also denotes the judges in Israel whom God himself called “gods”......Jesus is saying that he can rightly be called “the son of ho theos” because he is his Father’s divine representative.

Read the way it was written, we see that the “blind” are the ones making the claim that Jesus said he was God.....he never did. The Jews were trying to pin a charge of blasphemy on him for merely claiming to be “the son of God”....a “divine” personage, sent by his God to save the very ones who were trying to get rid of him. Was calling God his own Father, claiming to be God?

John 5:18...
“This is why the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath but he was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God.”

The Jews were seeking to kill him! They were lying about what he claimed to be. They wanted him silenced the way they had silenced God ‘s prophets in the past. (Matt 23:37)

Study scripture instead of theology and the truth becomes evident.....false doctrines then also become evident, with no solid scripture to back them up. Weak arguments persist because of pure indoctrination not because of solid biblical truth.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enlighten us with the scripture quote to what you've witnessed, tq ?
Isaiah 45:21 Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.

Jude 1:25 To the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please do not reply to me. I am not interested in anything you have to say, speaking from past experience with you.
If the Lord be willing. If I reply to you then you know it was the will of the Lord.
And you can take it up with Him.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Isaiah 45:21 Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me.

Jude 1:25 To the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
So, you're witnessing, Jesus is GOD the FATHER HIMSELF ?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you're witnessing, Jesus is GOD the FATHER HIMSELF ?
I'm saying God's word tells us he is,was, God.

Immanuel,God with us, is a major clue as far as the angel that informed Mary of her being chosen to bear the Savior to life.

Look, it's scripture. It can be debated yet,not if one side insists it isn't true. Because the truth is of God and his will to bring his good news here. And he did.

Reactions: Truthnightmare

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Am not confused, but you are plainly confused and not get it, about who am i and my witnessing, or you're just being a little 'cocky'.
No, I asked you a serious question, whether or not you believe that Jesus is "Emmanuel" which means "God with us" per the Matthew 1:23 NEW TESTAMENT Bible Scripture...

Matt 1:21-23
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

"Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel", which being interpreted is, God with us.
KJV

It should not have been difficult for a believer on Jesus Christ to admit the above Scripture that shows one of Jesus' Names is Immanuel, which means God with us, and thusly, is a proof that Jesus is God.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoever refuses to CONFESS that Jesus of Nazareth is The Christ come in the flesh, is an antichrist. That is what Apostle John said (see further below).

When Apostle John said, "the Christ", he was pointing to GOD The Son, one of the 3 Persons in The Godhead. We today are so used to hearing that word "Christ" associated with Jesus of Nazareth, as 'Jesus Christ' that some forget that Christ Title is in reality a HEAVENLY OFFICE TITLE in The GODHEAD, and not simply a Name that comes from this flesh world.

1 John 2:22-23
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is
the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
KJV

1 John 4:2-3
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God:
Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
KJV

2 John 7
7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus
Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
KJV

Mark 8:27-29
27 And Jesus went out, and His disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way He asked His disciples, saying unto them, "Whom do men say that I am?"

28 And they answered, John the Baptist: but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.

29 And He saith unto them, "But whom say ye that I am?" And Peter answereth and saith unto Him,
Thou art the Christ.
KJV

When Peter said "Thou art the Christ" in answering Jesus, Peter was actually saying Jesus is GOD.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I'm saying God's word tells us he is,was, God.

Immanuel,God with us, is a major clue as far as the angel that informed Mary of her being chosen to bear the Savior to life.

Look, it's scripture. It can be debated yet,not if one side insists it isn't true. Because the truth is of God and his will to bring his good news here. And he did.
Jesus is indeed God the Son, but alone subjected to another, GOD the FATHER.

It is like a KING of a powerful Kingdom and who is heir to all things made that was made within. And, the Son the Prince who made all of them with His hands, is coheir with the FATHER.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
No, I asked you a serious question, whether or not you believe that Jesus is "Emmanuel" which means "God with us" per the Matthew 1:23 NEW TESTAMENT Bible Scripture...
Fair enough, thank you, but which GOD are you referring to, GOD the FATHER or God the Son, was with the Israelites ?

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Jesus was God.

The OT prophesied that very future arrival.
And Jesus repeatedly stated he was the Father. Besides other scripture in the NT that speaks of that was well.
Also repeatedly He stated, He is the Son, and claiming equality with the only true GOD.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough, thank you, but which GOD are you referring to, GOD the FATHER or God the Son, was with the Israelites ?

You don't fool me. You don't believe Jesus is co-equal with GOD The Father, as your statements obviously reveal it with the above.

Your statement above is designed to mock any idea other than a One-Person GODHEAD which the deceived Jews only recognize, as they wholly reject any idea that Jesus of Nazareth, Who was born in the flesh, could be co-equal with GOD The Father.

Your false belief places you in the category of an Orthodox Jew, and NOT a Christian.

Status
Not open for further replies.