YES, Lord Jesus Christ DID Claim To Be GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are not reading what is in Isaiah 43:11.
God is not a savior, as those described in your post.

God is the Savior.
Does scripture contradict itself…or is it that interpretation contradicts other interpretation?
Isa 43:11…Complete Jewish Bible….

“I, I am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.” יאאָֽנֹכִ֥י אָֽנֹכִ֖י יְהֹוָ֑ה וְאֵ֥ין מִבַּלְעָדַ֖י מוֹשִֽׁיעַ:

“The Lord” here is Yahweh as we can see the tetragrammaton in the Hebrew characters.
So it is Yahweh who is the Savior of his people….yet that salvation comes “through” the savior he “sent” as Jude 1:24-25 states……(NASB)

“Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before alltime and now and forever. Amen.”

It says, “the only God” who is our savior “through “Jesus Christ”….so this is not a one man show…..there are two separate individuals here who are both spoken about as “saviors”…..but others in the scriptures too are called “saviors”…….why do you ignore the rest of scripture to promote something that it never taught in the first place?
Getting hung up on words is what Christendom is renowned for.…..reading a false meaning into the chosen words, and then flogging the false idea as if it’s the only truth.

It is to God AND his Christ to whom we owe salvation….God is the primary savior who “sent” the secondary savior to redeem the now fallen human race.…..like the one who calls the ambulance is just as much a part of saving a patient’s life as the paramedics and doctors who treat him.

Broaden out in your understanding of what the scriptures actually teach and you will see that nothing is as it appears in a world ruled by the devil….the one who masquerades as “an angle of light”.…and a teller of truth.

Do you know what redemption is and what it meant to Jesus’ Jewish audience? If not then nothing will fit into place without a lot of gaps.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the NWT clearly teaches that Jesus is God! Several times!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does scripture contradict itself…or is it that interpretation contradicts other interpretation?
Isa 43:11…Complete Jewish Bible….

“I, I am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”יאאָֽנֹכִ֥י אָֽנֹכִ֖י יְהֹוָ֑ה וְאֵ֥ין מִבַּלְעָדַ֖י מוֹשִֽׁיעַ:

“The Lord” here is Yahweh as we can see the tetragrammaton in the Hebrew characters.
So it is Yahweh who is the Savior of his people….yet that salvation comes “through” the savior he “sent” as Jude 1:24-25 states……(NASB)

“Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before alltime and now and forever. Amen.”

It says, “the only God” who is our savior “through “Jesus Christ”….so this is not a one man show…..there are two separate individuals here who are both spoken about as “saviors”…..but others in the scriptures too are called “saviors”…….why do you ignore the rest of scripture to promote something that it never taught in the first place?
Getting hung up on words is what Christendom is renowned for.…..reading a false meaning into the chosen words, and then flogging the false idea as if it’s the only truth.

It is to God AND his Christ to whom we owe salvation….God is the primary savior who “sent” the secondary savior to redeem the now fallen human race.…..like the one who calls the ambulance is just as much a part of saving a patient’s life as the paramedics and doctors who treat him.

Broaden out in your understanding of what the scriptures actually teach and you will see that nothing is as it appears in a world ruled by the devil….the one who masquerades as “an angle of light”.…and a teller of truth.

Do you know what redemption is and what it meant to Jesus’ Jewish audience? If not then nothing will fit into place without a lot of gaps.
Emmanuel means, God with us. That message of the angel to Mary was informing her of the Savior,not a savior, coming to earth.

The Savior is not just another person labeled a Savior. We know this because none of the savior's Saved souls with the Good News of a New Covenant that only God could bring and seal with his blood.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Emmanuel means, God with us. That message of the angel to Mary was informing her of the Savior,not a savior, coming to earth.
Immanuel means that God was “with” his people by means of the one he sent to sacrifice his life for us.
How was God “with” his nation of Israel? It was by means of his prophet Moses.....and one that was a “prophet like Moses” was to come later. His people were told to “listen to him”. Jesus was that prophet.
The Savior is not just another person labeled a Savior.
Who said he was? This was the one prophesied to come into the world by God himself.....did he ever say that he was coming personally to be born as a human child....so that he could die to save mankind? He said that he “sent” his son, so why would he need to come himself? The scriptures tell us that this son is a “servant” of his God and Father.....(Acts 4:27) He is also called an “apostle” and “High Priest”, both positions of service to God.....is God his own servant? Can he be his own High Priest?

We know this because none of the savior's Saved souls with the Good News of a New Covenant that only God could bring and seal with his blood.
God is a spirit...he therefore has no blood. Nor could an immortal God pay for the sins of a mortal human.
Why was Jesus called “the last Adam”? (1 Cor 15:45) Do you know?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NWT John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my GOD"!

See, the WatchTower couldn't hide the FACT that Jesus is God!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immanuel means that God was “with” his people by means of the one he sent to sacrifice his life for us.
How was God “with” his nation of Israel? It was by means of his prophet Moses.....and one that was a “prophet like Moses” was to come later. His people were told to “listen to him”. Jesus was that prophet.

Who said he was? This was the one prophesied to come into the world by God himself.....did he ever say that he was coming personally to be born as a human child....so that he could die to save mankind? He said that he “sent” his son, so why would he need to come himself? The scriptures tell us that this son is a “servant” of his God and Father.....(Acts 4:27) He is also called an “apostle” and “High Priest”, both positions of service to God.....is God his own servant? Can he be his own High Priest?

God is a spirit...he therefore has no blood. Nor could an immortal God pay for the sins of a mortal human.
Why was Jesus called “the last Adam”? (1 Cor 15:45) Do you know?

We're done. You're Jehovah Witness.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right off hand, I can't think of anything in the Christian Bible that JW's believe. They don't even believe their own NWT bible.
It's astonishing how lost they are. :( Yet,so self assured.

We can never hope to reach them.

When someone responds to a citing of the scriptures with, "says who?", it's over. Because they're telling you,they have no idea.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We're done. You're Jehovah Witness.

I’m sure that the apostles heard the same kind of comments from the Jews........I was lost once and I used to believe all the stuff you do, but how good it was to remove the shackles of my ignorant upbringing and enjoy the freedom that the truth brings with it.....Jesus said ‘the truth would set us free’.....free from the false religious lies that Christendom has built over many centuries; ingrained thinking that cannot be overturned .....there is no three headed god who tortures people forever in a fiery hell.....no immortal souls flitting off to who knows where after they die.....no wondering about all the things in the Bible that make no sense.....until you know what it actually teaches.....and who God really is.....then a new picture emerges that was there all along, but people are blinded, as Paul said. (2 Cor 4:3-4)

It’s astonishing to me how lost I once was.....I am not anymore......your lack of defence is telling me that you “have no idea” what the scriptures really teach. But that is your choice.

There is a reason why “few” are on the ‘cramped and narrow road to life’. (Matt 7:13-14) The majority are travelling the wrong road.....but they have lots of company.

It is sad to me that you cannot see how lost you are yourselves.....time will tell though because we will all stand before the same judge....and soon I believe.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NWT Heb 1:6 Let all God's angels WORSHIP him.

See, even the JW bible says Jesus is God!!!

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NWT Heb 1:6 Let all God's angels WORSHIP him.

See, even the JW bible says Jesus is God!!!
Pitty the original disciples that were actually taught by Jesus himself didn't know that. Guess they must be lost.

Reactions: Jack

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please do not reply to me. I am not interested in anything you have to say, speaking from past experience with you.
I’m thankful to know that we are both human beings. Praise God.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And one of us is a Bible believing Christian.
Really, How about looking at the opening statements at the start of all the letters (Epistols ) and tell me there is not a distinction made between God and Jesus. In any of them.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, How about looking at the opening statements at the start of all the letters (Epistols ) and tell me there is not a distinction made between God and Jesus. In any of them.
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created. Jesus is God.

Reactions: Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is called the king of Kings and the Lord of Lords. That is political authority. He rules over creation because his Father God placed him in that position, But God retains the position of the Judge over creation. When satan stands to accuse the saints Satan is making the accusation to God so that God will rule in the favor of Satan. It is Jesus who is our advocate that counters those charges by being the one that took our punishment in our place.

Because Jesus is our King we are able to operate in his name using his authority. But it is still God that remains as the final Judge over all. If you do not have a solid understanding of this concept then you are going to have a powerless walk in your spiritual life.
I see you'd been fed the same false line some others here have.

All the below verses are about Christ Jesus...

Rev 19:10-11
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
11 And I saw heaven opened,
and behold a white horse; and He That sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war.
KJV

Even in the below verse Jesus Christ The Savior is included...

Isa 45:21
21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD?
and there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside Me.
KJV

Jer 23:5
5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and
shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
KJV

2 Cor 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
KJV

It's like the Book of Hebrews says, Jesus is the "express image" of The Father, and Isaiah said this about Christ Jesus...

Isa 9:6-7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
KJV

So wherever you guys are getting the 'junk' ideas that Jesus of Nazareth is not God come in the flesh, you need to read your Bible more carefully instead of listening to those charlatans telling you different. Even the name 'Jesus' all the way back to the Hebrew includes The Father's Name YeHoVaH.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't fool me either, did i say Jesus is not co-equal with the FATHER ?

Nevertheless, the Son is subjected to the FATHER, the second in-line.

Since, you're witnessing about the name, 'Emmanuel', meaning 'GOD with us'.

My question i repeat in other words again, 'GOD with us', did GOD the Son or GOD the FATHER, was with the Israelites that day ?

Merely, you misunderstand and are confused about my witnssing.

My, you just belittled your 'self', with that folly judgement.
Sorry, but your witness, which isn't your own but by those you heed, is false.

Jesus Christ has always, eternally, existed with The Father, like He said, He and The Father are ONE.

SDA and Jehovah Witness have a false teaching that Jesus only existed and was created for His birth through Mary to die on the cross. That is how far out your false witness sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.