You can have "ALL" God wants you to have!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, I've heard that heresy before. God is bound by His own word to do for you what you can "claim" from Him. In other words, God's bound *to you!*

1 John 1:2 is not heretical in its application.

YES!! God God's bound *to His Word!* God cannot lie!!

Amen. Hebrews 6:18, Titus 1:2.

Not according to the fruit.

I haven't examined JD's fruit and so I don't know if any of it is bad. He does seem to have joy, however. Whether this is because of his obscene wealth or the result of a relationship with God remains to be seen (on the day of judgment).

Reactions: Helen

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:2 is not heretical in its application.

To equate 1 John 1:2 w/ Faith Teaching is laughable.

Amen. Hebrews 6:18, Titus 1:2.

Faith Teachers teach that God is bound to what *they think* is His promise to do things for them, when in reality God's word does not do that. They make a set of promises that God has made to individuals or groups at one time or another and then try to bind God to do that for them at any time! You are confusing this matter!

Nobody would disagree with you that God has to be consistent with who He is! But God has *not* promised, in His word, to do all the things that Faith Teachers are "claiming." We cannot claim healing for all sickness (Exo 4.11). We cannot claim prosperity in all situations. We cannot claim to be perfect, sinless, and free of all physical imperfections. We cannot cast Satan and all demons out of the world. We cannot "claim" the Kingdom of God immediately on earth.

All these things are promised to us in God's word. But the key matter is the Faith Teachers try to apply some things that only come when the Kingdom of God comes. They try to apply it in today's world, *before* the Kingdom has come.

There are certainly some elements of the heavenly Kingdom that can impact us in today's world. But these things are limited. I try in vain to get Faith Teachers to explain the limits on what they believe they can claim. I never see them answer this. They may have answered it somewhere. But in all the years I've been hearing them blah, blah, blah, they spend more time selling than checking their product! ;)

I haven't examined JD's fruit and so I don't know if any of it is bad. He does seem to have joy, however. Whether this is because of his obscene wealth or the result of a relationship with God remains to be seen (on the day of judgment).

I don't resent Jesse's wealth. Some people are called to wealth, or have been legitimately given that opportunity by God. David was wealthy, Abraham was wealthy, Job was wealthy. Solomon was fabulously wealthy.

My concern is with ministers who may use gifts from the ministry to built their wealth, or even give the impression that this is okay. Gifts given to the ministry should be for "ministry," and not for someone's personal wealth. If they can't write a book on a subject other than on the Bible, they should not try to get wealthy.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To equate 1 John 1:2 w/ Faith Teaching is laughable.

Sorry, I meant 3 John 1:2.

We cannot claim to be perfect, sinless,

We cannot claim it, that is certain (for such would be boasting in violation of Ephesians 2:8-9). However, this does not preclude that it is never the case. See Hebrews 10:14. And by sinless I do not mean without sin. I mean that sin is rendered dead within you.

Gifts given to the ministry should be for "ministry," and not for someone's personal wealth.

I do not see any reason why a minister cannot enjoy personal wealth coming from his salary. Ought we to muzzle the ox that treadeth out the grain?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says He hates a false witness against His people. Jesse gives to the ministry he does not use gifts from the ministry to build his wealth === do some research before you slander God's family!!!
If you did the research you would find that way back in 2009 Jesse was thanking God that God was helping and blessing Jesse's stock and land investments plus all the books he writes!!

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesse and I are sons of God and joint-heirs with Jesus!! Who are you??
These kinds of " ministrys" distort the gospel. They take spiritual truths about our riches in Christ, and apply them to finances. They change " take up your cross and follow me" to "Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz."

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These kinds of " ministrys" distort the gospel. They take spiritual truths about our riches in Christ, and apply them to finances. They change " take up your cross and follow me" to "Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz."
Have you never heard it said that we cannot out-give God?

Sometimes the reality of giving and receiving is dependent on the person giving in order that they might receive (Luke 6:38).

We ought not to teach people to give financial wealth in order to get financial wealth; for God may test the person who gives by not returning to them in a financial manner what they have given out.

God may return it to them in terms of spiritual wealth as defined in Ephesians 1:3.

Reactions: Renniks

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! God uses pure gold to pave His city streets ==What would God give His family??

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very hard to help the poor and sick if you are poor and sick!!! Think

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6

The man had hoped for money but received something better. Peter gave what he had. Do any of us have what Peter had?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!! God uses pure gold to pave His city streets ==What would God give His family??
And if someone in this family is poor and struggling just to get by? Would you claim it was because thier faith is weak? If someone in God's family is still sick in spite of asking for healing, would you consider them a weak brother or sister? God does not always answer the way we would like. God's blessings are often not wealth. Poverty can be a blessing too.

Reactions: Waiting on him

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if someone in this family is poor and struggling just to get by? Would you claim it was because thier faith is weak? If someone in God's family is still sick in spite of asking for healing, would you consider them a weak brother or sister? God does not always answer the way we would like. God's blessings are often not wealth. Poverty can be a blessing too.
Often, the poverty of fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord provides opportunity for those who have wealth to be able to give to them and thus secure a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life (1 Timothy 6:19).

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Word says poverty is a curse==== many people miss their blessings because they perish for lack of knowledge that is why Iam here trying to help!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the foundational truths we must assimilate into our minds if we are to prosper is that poverty is a curse. Proverbs 10.15 says the destruction of the poor is their poverty. Poverty is a destroyer.
Look at Deut. 28.1-14 and you will find a list of blessings: having overflow, having more than enough, having choices you can make in life about what to wear and what to eat.

This is how you can know that Jesus Christ wants you wealthy: Galatians 3.13 says that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law. Do you realize this: God, in Jesus Christ, has completely redeemed you from poverty, from hunger, from thirst, from nakedness. You are blessed. You are able to live a great life. You need to start thinking this way.
Walking in Wealth: Poverty Is A Curse

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A rich man's wealth is his strong city.

Unfortunately, such a city of defense is not the same defense as faith in the living God: which is a greater defense even without wealth.

There is scripture on this in Proverbs, but I do not recall its exact location.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the foundational truths we must assimilate into our minds if we are to prosper is that poverty is a curse. Proverbs 10.15 says the destruction of the poor is their poverty. Poverty is a destroyer.
Look at Deut. 28.1-14 and you will find a list of blessings: having overflow, having more than enough, having choices you can make in life about what to wear and what to eat.

This is how you can know that Jesus Christ wants you wealthy: Galatians 3.13 says that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law. Do you realize this: God, in Jesus Christ, has completely redeemed you from poverty, from hunger, from thirst, from nakedness. You are blessed. You are able to live a great life. You need to start thinking this way.
Walking in Wealth: Poverty Is A Curse
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24

Why would I want to be rich if it makes it harder to enter God's kingdom?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
being redeemed from the law has nothing to do with money. How did you get from being no longer under the law to finances?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
being redeemed from the law has nothing to do with money. How did you get from being no longer under the law to finances?
I think he is talking about the curse of the law in Deuteronomy 28 that falls on those who are disobedient; which includes poverty.