You do nothing Good

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first thought that came to mind was the seed sown on good ground.

Mat 13:23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Luk 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

The seed is the word of God, where did the good ground come from?

Interesting questions..
Thank You
Hugs
Thank you too.
I would say the good ground, and all terrain in the parable, are as God says in his word. Prepared by him.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Reactions: Ziggy and MatthewG

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Human beings can do what is considered good things in the worldly sense. However, in our natural state even doing good things for others can lead to having a prideful overture against others who you would deem not good or fitting for ones criteria.

That is why is necessary for when it comes to believers that one understands that they do nothing good because we can not compare ourselves to the goodness of God.

So through the believer God is working in them through the spirit for them to have and produce love by abiding in the Lord Jesus Christ who is the vine.

Here are some scriptures in case you did not see them about how it is God working in and through a person; who is abiding in Christ by faith.

“for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:13-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭3:5‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:20-21‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Here are more scriptures pertaining how it is God working in and through us my brother and sisters in Christ.
I find it fascinating what we are told about ourselves, as Godwilled us to be from the beginning.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience to what Robert? I agree with you, that life depends on obedience, but we aren't justified by it. We are justified by faith. Yet obedience is essential to life... Obedience to what?

Obedience to the laws of the new covenant. I guess the best way to understand that works are necessary for salvation is to meditate on Mat 7:21. These men had faith, in fact it was an extraordinary faith, however it was rather obvious the works they did for God was not according to His will. We see many doing great things, think of all the faiths that feed others physically, and supplying medical care is a big one, but how does that play in to God's will? Our assignment was to feed others spiritually, to teach all the things Jesus commanded, thereby making disciples. That assignment was actually given to those who would be chosen to be Kings and Priests in God's Kingdom, anointed by holy spirit. The rest of us are judged on how we personally support them in their assignment. Mat 25:40