You have to walk perfect in heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I studied the bible and found a Karma principle that I see. That your sins come back and kill you. So that we must after being forgiven and resurrected walk perfect in heaven.

Ideas?

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I studied the bible and found a Karma principle that I see. That your sins come back and kill you. So that we must after being forgiven and resurrected walk perfect in heaven.

Ideas?

Can we get the scripture from you? The one about the Karma principle.
I know it's correct because, it is written... we do reap what we sow. (I just dont know your line of thinking about it that led you to realize this!)

Expound on it some!

Reactions: Debp and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we get the scripture from you? The one about the Karma principle.
I know it's correct because, it is written... we do reap what we sow. (I just dont know your line of thinking about it that led you to realize this!)

Expound on it some!
I think this relates: Matthew 5:48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Reactions: MA2444

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this relates: Matthew 5:48 Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Is that a normative command to "be perfect", or a prophesy that we will "be perfect"?

Grammatically, it's a Future Indicative, but traditionally, the Ten Commandments (which are most definitely normative) were translated into the Future Indicative case in the LXX, and retain the same in English. "You shall not kill". "You shall not commit adultery". "You shall not have any gods before me".

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that a normative command to "be perfect", or a prophesy that we will "be perfect"?

Grammatically, it's a Future Indicative, but traditionally, the Ten Commandments (which are most definitely normative) were translated into the Future Indicative case in the LXX, and retain the same in English. "You shall not kill". "You shall not commit adultery". "You shall not have any gods before me".
Not sure. I think the atonement will cover us in heave as well though as we are not created perfect? Adam and Eve were OK till they fell.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure. I think the atonement will cover us in heave as well though as we are not created perfect? Adam and Eve were OK till they fell.
I think the promise of 1 John 3:2 is that we WILL be like Jesus (i.e. perfect) when He comes back.

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

I guess that the Atonement covers us until whatever it is happens to us to make us "like Him". Resurrection? Rebirth?

Reactions: MA2444

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the promise of 1 John 3:2 is that we WILL be like Jesus (i.e. perfect) when He comes back.

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

I guess that the Atonement covers us until whatever it is happens to us to make us "like Him". Resurrection? Rebirth?
Yes we will be changed. I imagined sort of this orbit for eternal energy and life. Like we are orbiting instead of being supplied eternal energy. That way any action might come back around to us. Although perhaps this is just one of my crazy thoughts.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard the word perfect in this case actually means complete.

Dev, please remember as a child of God through your faith in Christ, you have the imputed righteousness of Christ. (Christ took your sins and gave you His righteousness.)

Therefore, God sees you as being perfect! Isn't that good news?

Maybe some others can help with your question, too. @Nancy @Stumpmaster @Wayne222 @Starise

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes we will be changed. I imagined sort of this orbit for eternal energy and life. Like we are orbiting instead of being supplied eternal energy. That way any action might come back around to us. Although perhaps this is just one of my crazy thoughts.

What goes around comes around!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dev, please remember as a child of God through your faith in Christ, you have the imputed righteousness of Christ. (Christ took your sins and gave you His righteousness.)

Therefore, God sees you as being perfect! Isn't that good news?

I agree with that. When the Lord looks at us, He looks at us in Spirit and in truth. IOW, He sees us as perfect (in spirit) but He knows that we are in possession of a damaged soul that is not perfect and a flesh body which is not perfect either...and we have a race to run! So while He says be ye perfect, He knows that we will fail. He doesnt expect perfection, He expects effort. Try. Try. Try.

The wife says, did you have any success at work today honey?
He said yes I learned 200 more ways that it wont work! So it's like King David is a man after God's own heart. Not because he committed murder or adultery. Because he repented in fear unto the Lord. He got down on his knees to the Lord and said Lord. please forgive me...(Psalm 51). So God did. Once you are forgiven and clean again, the Lord does not remember your sin any more.

So we're really only perfect in our spirit right now cuz we are incomplete. Our body and soul have not yet been perfected. (This is largely our responsibility-The Bride has made herself ready? Remember?)

I can see it now. The Lord looks upon you and sees His Bride! Oh, He has plans for you! He can see the future. But all of a sudden splash! Your super clean wedding dress has a splotch on it. You stained it because you slipped and fornicated, or did drugs again, or something else worldly. So you stained your pristine dress with sin. He knew you would do that too. :(
Now he wants to see if you run from Him and hide, like Adam & Eve did! (Like we All have). But not David, he said Lord please forgive me I made a terrible mistake and ended up as a man to be called one after God's own heart.

Now Jesus is a totally compassionate and longsuffering type of guy. I don't see Him booting that Bride out for a small spot in an innocuous place on the dress, after all He loves her so much! But does anyone really think that Jesus is going to wed a Bride who has a filthy wedding dress. (The Bride has made herself ready?) No she didnt. She layed around drunk and got her dress all filthy. I guess she doesnt care enough or even really want to marry Him? So please show this one out jeeves. Oh, she is still saved, but was not of the Bride, that's all.

That's huge to me! Hide from the Lord? Not when we have just messed up! Instead , run to Him. Lord forgive me I repent! Like David did. He will help you. But, Stay Clean. Time is short.

Reactions: dev553344

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard the word perfect in this case actually means complete.
It means completed, mature, consumate, like that.

Matthew 5:43-48 KJV
43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46) For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47) And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

People tend to treat those whom they prefer better than those whom they do not. God gives His blessing to all in the sunshine and rain that supply us with food to eat. We are to be the same.

This passage is not telling us to be of the same overall moral excellence as our Heavenly Father, it's telling us to not show partiality based on our likes and dislikes.

Much love!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It not that hard to stay clean most times. How long can you go without sinning? I don't do lots of things that I used to. I have no sin to speak of. No victimes, lol. I think that our deeds in the flesh which are done here on earth during our lifetime have profound effects in the spiritual realm. We can do more fast here on earth (in Christ) than we can do in heaven right now if we died and went to work there.

Especially good things. Good deeds! I bet one good deed cancels out 10 negatives or something like that. I bet we will all wish we had done more good while we had the chance to on earth once we get to heaven.

So be ye perfect, and sell all thou hast and give it to the poor. Then you will have treasure in heaven...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see this as different. For instance, I do not believe God can tolerate the least degree of sin. And the atonement of Christ allows us to be together with God again.

But I was really referring to kinetics of physics.
Perhaps it is third heaven where God tolerates no sin at all. Where was it that Satan supposedly led a rebellion against God? Perhaps it was in 1st or 2nd heaven... Consider in which heavens Jesus had dwelt according to this verse:
Joh 3:13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Even when Jesus was the Son of man, he was IN heaven. Perhaps that is the lowest of heavens, the place in man first may find himself when he repents?

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man is in court for whatever and the punishment will be either a $500 fine or 30 days in jail and the man dont have $500...it's confirmed, he's going to jail then, guilty. Before he answers the Judge, an Innocent Bystander stands up and says I'll pay the $500 Fine for him. And the man is set free...

The Innocent bystander did not have to touch uncleaness or crime. Neither did He condone it. He just price for the crime. Because He is a nice guy and He loves you! He forgives your sin and forgets about it. (What a GREAT God we have!)

• Love
Reactions: Debp and marks

Wayne222

Oct 21, 2023
Belton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi dev Yes Christ justified us by his blood. We are under no condemnation. We will never be held accountable for any sins we committed because of Christ blood.

Reactions: Debp

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ideas?

We don't work to be saved or stay saved but, once we arrive in Heaven we have to work to stay there?

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't work to be saved or stay saved but, once we arrive in Heaven we have to work to stay there?
Works are for rewards in heaven. I was talking about sins. Works are more like helping others. They are closely connected. But I was referring to something more like falling from innocence, similar to Adam and Eve.

Christ restores us to be with God, if we faulter in heaven we are damned. Something the second book of Enoch describes.

It's just an idea I thought of although I'm not putting a lot of emphasis on it. Just wanted to discuss.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works are for rewards in heaven. I was talking about sins. Works are more like helping others. They are closely connected. But I was referring to something more like falling from innocence, similar to Adam and Eve.

Christ restores us to be with God, if we faulter in heaven we are damned. Something the second book of Enoch describes.

It's just an idea I thought of although I'm not putting a lot of emphasis on it. Just wanted to discuss.
Satan sinned while in Heaven. That's how sin later entered this world. Because sin pre-existed Eden in Heaven.

Interesting notion you have going here. :)

If Christ restores us to be with God in Heaven how could we possess any capacity for faultering?

Reactions: dev553344