You Know You're Getting Old When...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've often wondered about the age span going from hundreds of years old to the below verse. It had to be the Spirit of God and His presence because, they all seem to have lived onto the hundreds of years
"The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away." Psalm 90:10

Long natural life was a blessing.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Long natural life was a blessing.

God Bless,
Taken

Yes, maybe back then it was a blessing but...not for allot now a days. Can't tell you how many patients in my job just begged God to take them. Long life can be a blessing for people of God but, it can also be a curse...IMHO ♥ Too many find out too late that not taking care of their bodies as God intended will have negative consequences down the road :(

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, maybe back then it was a blessing but...not for allot now a days. Can't tell you how many patients in my job just begged God to take them. Long life can be a blessing for people of God but, it can also be a curse...IMHO ♥ Too many find out too late that not taking care of their bodies as God intended will have negative consequences down the road :(

I believe corruption and disease and decay was always part of Gods PLAN for His Natural Creation. Since NOTHING can transform from Natural to Spiritual without First Dying.

1 Cor 15 [36] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Men are masters at speeding up the dying process with the introduction of invented diseases and pretense of "cures" with chemical compounds.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe corruption and disease and decay was always part of Gods PLAN for His Natural Creation. Since NOTHING can transform from Natural to Spiritual without First Dying.

1 Cor 15 [36] Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Men are masters at speeding up the dying process with the introduction of invented diseases and pretense of "cures" with chemical compounds.

God Bless,
Taken

"Men are masters at speeding up the dying process with the introduction of invented diseases and pretense of "cures" with chemical compounds." You got that right! ♥

Reactions: Taken

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember so long ago,,,, I am 83,,,,,, when I was a child, a doctor coming to the house.
It just seemed to be the way it was back then.....

Reactions: Nancy and Acolyte

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember so long ago,,,, I am 83,,,,,, when I was a child, a doctor coming to the house.
It just seemed to be the way it was back then.....

I agree..Yes, the days when we just "asked the doctor to come" for sick kids or whatever.
I had both my children at home with a midwife...and the doctor just came by to check that everything was okay with the baby.

I still remember the war days...I remember the sirens and the "all clear".
I remember when ambulances and fire engines had a man ringing a real bell!!
We still had ration books for everything.
I remember that both the milk , the bread , and for even longer the coal...came in horse drawn carts. ( hated that, because our mum would make us kids take turns in picking up the hot horse droppings in a bucket for the garden... :( )

All this and more, was obviously back in England in the 40's.

Reactions: Acolyte and Dave L

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree..Yes, the days when we just "asked the doctor to come" for sick kids or whatever.
I had both my children at home with a midwife...and the doctor just came by to check that everything was okay with the baby.

I remember that both the milk , the bread , and for even longer the coal...came in horse drawn carts. ( hated that, because our mum would make us kids take turns in picking up the hot horse droppings in a bucket for the garden... :( )

Wow Helen, I for got all of that .......... Memory's wow.......
Yes, the horse and carts........ that sure was a long time ago.....
It was so nice to see the horses !!!!! Those were the good old day's.!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Helen and Acolyte
D

Dave L

I knew a Londoner who as a kid lived through what you described too. He said they took the kids to the country and the subways (undergrounds) became bomb shelters. I remember seeing a bombed out Church somewhere in London standing today as a memorial.

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow Helen, I for got all of that .......... Memory's wow.......
Yes, the horse and carts........ that sure was a long time ago.....
It was so nice to see the horses !!!!! Those were the good old day's.!!!!!!!!

I don't have memory of the Doctor making house-calls.
But do have memory of us kids horsing around getting hurt (like the time my brother's finger was cut off, hanging by only the skin) and we (the kids) hitched a ride to the local Doctor's Office, and without a phone call or stack of papers, or parents "permission" the DR. reattached and dressed his finger, and said have your folks stop in when they get a chance.

Also have Detailed letters, diaries and news articles of my GGGG+ Grandmother, a college grad MD, hitching her buggy and making house-calls at all hours.

Glory to God,
Taken