You must be born again through water baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Through repentance and Baptism. As St. Peter tells the crowd who ask what they must do to be saved his answer was "repent and be baptized"

John was foreshadowing Christ in these things: teaching them the knowledge of salvation by the remission of their sins. Being baptized into Christ, is to put off the old man with his sins and put on the new man: and there in is the Spirit of God that can save from death.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He that is rich answers roughly: go learn what that means if you can.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matt 5:3

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." Prov 15:1

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

"Woe unto you, ye blind guides"

"Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The spirit that is in you is the same spirit that murdered Christ: which is the spirit of man.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Woe unto you, ye blind guides"

"Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?"
Do you ever recognize any brothers or sisters in Christ? Do you always immediately attack others without cause? Do you ever read the posts of others before dismissing them as in error or as your enemies?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
th

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you ever recognize any brothers or sisters in Christ? Do always immediately attack others without cause? Do you ever read the posts of others before dismissing them as in error or as your enemies?

I know who I am dealing with.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit that is in you is the same spirit that murdered Christ: which is the spirit of man.
What do you know of me? I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost before you were born to your natural mother.

There is an old man being killed by the new man being nourished by the Word and the Holy Spirit. Why do you continue to attack without cause?

"Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of." Luke 9:55

Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you know of me? I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost before you were born to your natural mother.

There is an old man being killed by the new man being nourished by the Word and the Holy Spirit. Why do you continue to attack without cause?

"Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of." Luke 9:55

I know you have not seen the Spirit of God and neither have you heard his voice.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@TheWind
I guess you are really not interested in having a discussion. I will leave you to your own foolish purposes.
Isaiah 54:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness(WORK) is of me, saith the Lord.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Be careful....very careful...your self-love is getting in the way of God's commands to love others...and even esteem others as higher than yourself. As long as you are protecting yourself...even a legitimate part of yourself which is the inner man, you will be causing offense to others in the Body...like a cancer cell.

Self-love is self-centered even as it seeks to protect an intimate knowledge of God. So it is the opposite of perfect love...where we lay down our lives for others. It is not Christ-like at all. Agape love is sacrificial...not defensive of self. So you have fallen into a trap.

You are immature in the greatest way....because you don't yet know yourself.

Change your attitude. Look beyond your self-love.

This may take you a long time to realize because of pride.

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Be careful....very careful...your self-love is getting in the way of God's commands to love others...and even esteem others as higher than yourself. As long as you are protecting yourself...even a legitimate part of yourself which is the inner man, you will be causing offense to others in the Body...like a cancer cell.

Self-love is self-centered even as it seeks to protect an intimate knowledge of God. So it is the opposite of perfect love...where we lay down our lives for others. It is not Christ-like at all. Agape love is sacrificial...not defensive of self. So you have fallen into a trap.

You are immature in the greatest way....because you don't yet know yourself.

Change your attitude. Look beyond your self-love.

This may take you a long time to realize because of pride.
It is a small thing with me to be judged by a man.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You were given an opportunity to gracefully admit that you were wrong, but you turned around and accused me of pride and blindness. So now we know for a fact that you are here to promote false teachings clothed in religious garb. That is is how the ministers of Satan appear.

Enoch, you don't realize just how much you are like our divisive new friend. Just how much pride and self-love you also exhibit...albeit a lot more concealed.

This happens when you don't know that you are speaking, not from the weak and graceful inner man...but from the strength and head knowledge of the outer man. So you are trying to protect something of God with something God does NOT approve of. Like our Wind-ful friend is doing likewise in ignorance. How quickly the Spirit becomes just wind. And also how quickly our knowledge puffs us up to not realize that what we are doing is not pleasing to God.

We are each responsible before God to be humble, teachable and retain the fear of the Lord. There can be no equivocating on these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new birth happens through baptism.

Galatians 3:26-27 King James Version (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For(BECAUSE) as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ(THE SON OF GOD).

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead: Which is to say, through the faith of the Resurrection, which is the operation(work) of God.

And so being raised with him through baptism the scripture below is applied, that is the day they were begotten of God: Children of the Resurrection: born from the dead.

Acts 13:33 King James Version (KJV)
33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

As it is written:

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: BECAUSE no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the SPIRIT of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of THE WOMB and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the SPIRIT of God.

That which is born of A WOMAN is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit: YOU CANNOT TELL THAT THEY ARE FROM HEAVEN AND THAT THEY ARE GOING TO HEAVEN.

I was baptized three times with water and still wasn't born again. But then when I was around 30 I saw I was powerless to not sin and truly repented of my sinful nature, and Jesus baptized me with the Holy Spirit. The new birth is becoming Spirit filled receiving power from on high.

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

TheWind

Aug 3, 2019
ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was baptized three times with water and still wasn't born again. But then when I was around 30 I saw I was powerless to not sin and truly repented of my sinful nature, and Jesus baptized me with the Holy Spirit. The new birth is becoming Spirit filled receiving power from on high.

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.
Friend, the falling away happened a long time ago. You were baptized three times by a man without the Spirit of God: all three baptism's were void.