You Probably Believe This Lie

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point does not hinge on earning ones salvation but verses like Hebrews 10:26 if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins. If OSAS were true, such verses would not exist.

A common misunderstanding on display here....you are taking the verse out of context....There are NINE chapters before you get to Chapter 10....The ONLY SIN being discussed is the Sin Of Unbelief...The Jews being addressed in these Chapters now had a choice after the Cross —- Stick with the now obsolete Old ways of dealing with sins( putting your Faith in animal sacrifices to atone for them) or putting your Faith in the Blood Of Jesus to take care of your sins.....the “ willful sin” being discussed is going back to Temple Worship—— Trusting in the Blood Of animals and thereby “ trampling” on the All Sufficient Blood Of Jesus....hope this explanation helps you and many others out there to understand....

Reactions: Scott Downey

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A common misunderstanding on display here....you are taking the verse out of context....There are NINE chapters before you get to Chapter 10....The ONLY SIN being discussed is the Sin Of Unbelief...The Jews being addressed in these Chapters now had a choice after the Cross —- Stick with the now obsolete Old ways of dealing with sins( putting your Faith in animal sacrifices to atone for them) or putting your Faith in the Blood Of Jesus to take care of your sins.....the “ willful sin” being discussed is going back to Temple Worship—— Trusting in the Blood Of animals and thereby “ trampling” on the All Sufficient Blood Of Jesus....hope this explanation helps you and many others out there to understand....

That is why context is so important.

Reactions: Keturah

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
In order to believe the Lie that you can lose your Salvation , you must first believe the additional Lie that you Earned your Salvation....

Comments?
Great thoughts. The sower is a very powerful parable which I believe indicates that there are some who receive the gospel that brings salvation with joy but this does not necessarily bring them to the place of eternal life.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this were true, universalism would be correct doctrine.

Jesus did everything necessary for Salvation at the Cross .....not everybody will get the benefit of it .....Sinners are obligated to “ Cash-In” to what was already Done * FOR* them.....How does one “ Cash-In?” God made it very easy......simply BELIEVE the Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great thoughts. The sower is a very powerful parable which I believe indicates that there are some who receive the gospel that brings salvation with joy but this does not necessarily bring them to the place of eternal life.

It is recorded in the Book Of Acts , the story of “ Lydia , the seller of purple”, that God “ opened her heart “ to receive the Gospel......” Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw them” .....
It would appear that the initiative for Salvation belongs to God....If He opened Lydia’s Heart to receive the Gospel, I don't see why it would be different for anybody else....we need to pray for all of our Unsaved friends to become “ Lydias”......

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I
Might wanna let the pope and this all inclusive movment know that . They think one has the SPIRIT
even if they DONT believe in JESUS .
I don’t doubt you a bit, but I would love to see this on the record from some sermon or speech....I don’t want to be in error when I accuse this Devil of Blasphemy ...is he REALLY that deceived?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just say the Lord rebuke you.

“But even Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, did not dare accuse the devil of blasphemy, but simply said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (This took place when Michael was arguing with the devil about Moses’ body.)”
‭‭Jude‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Pretty interesting note here though this is said from another book which Jude must have read.

Still it’s amazing people will accuse others but… in this case it’s the Lord rebuke you.

Between archangel Michael and Satan.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sometimes people are choked by the world and distracted, putting faith in doing the things of the world than putting faith in Christ, or God.
The people in that day in age wanted to keep their sacrifices is an example of this.

The sower parable is a very eye opening one and give a person something to think about for sure Angelina.

Of course some people just may not care and love to be in darkness rather than hear anything about God.

Reactions: Angelina

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just say the Lord rebuke you.

“But even Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, did not dare accuse the devil of blasphemy, but simply said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (This took place when Michael was arguing with the devil about Moses’ body.)”
‭‭Jude‬ ‭1‬:‭9‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Pretty interesting note here though this is said from another book which Jude must have read.

Still it’s amazing people will accuse others but… in this case it’s the Lord rebuke you.

Between archangel Michael and Satan.
Good reminder there , but let’s not forget that Paul said to “ rebuke” those that are in error.....this severely deluded ‘ Leader” that could possibly be sending millions to Hell is in Extreme error.....it would be a mistake to keep quiet about this deceiver in the clown outfit...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The sower is a very powerful parable which I believe indicates that there are some who receive the gospel that brings salvation with joy but this does not necessarily bring them to the place of eternal life.
How is it possible to have salvation but not have eternal life? Salvation takes place when a sinner receives the GIFT of eternal life. It cannot be earned or merited, and that is why it is purely a gift of God's grace.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good reminder there , but let’s not forget that Paul said to “ rebuke” those that are in error.....this severely deluded ‘ Leader” that could possibly be sending millions to Hell is in Extreme error.....it would be a mistake to keep quiet about this deceiver in the clown outfit...

Today I got to share with a friend proverbs 26:18-19. He was surprised by what it said, cause he likes to joke with people at work. I told him that is not good thing. Gotta keep praying for all your family, friends, and enemies.

Sharing in love and truth; by the spirit which is always from God and is good.

One the note of the pope. People been talking about all that and to beware for … years anyway. Some people just don’t care though sometimes. It’s just culture, don’t you think friend?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it possible to have salvation but not have eternal life? Salvation takes place when a sinner receives the GIFT of eternal life. It cannot be earned or merited, and that is why it is purely a gift of God's grace.
She is talking about the parable of the sower Enoch and she is saying to be mindful of how “some people can be choked out” to fall away to an unbelieving heart.

At least that is what I got out of it, just wanted to share.

Reactions: Keturah

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A common misunderstanding on display here....
Projecting. The sin with impunity crowd is gravely misunderstanding.
you are taking the verse out of context....There are NINE chapters before you get to Chapter 10....The ONLY SIN being discussed is the Sin Of Unbelief...
Nonsense. The verse does not qualify sinning to ONLY the sin of disbelief.

Implied in your response is that God is unable to communicate effectively to us; when he writes ‘sinning’ he actually meant only the sin of disbelief.

I take Scripture as it reads WITHOUT imposing OSAS doctrine onto it.

There are other verses that say as much. Salt losing it flavor has to be thrown away. Branches that don’t produce fruit put in the fire and on and on and on.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Projecting. The sin with impunity crowd is gravely misunderstanding.

Nonsense. The verse does not qualify sinning to ONLY the sin of disbelief.

Implied in your response is that God is unable to communicate effectively to us; when he writes ‘sinning’ he actually meant only the sin of disbelief.

I take Scripture as it reads WITHOUT imposing OSAS doctrine onto it.

There are other verses that say as much. Salt losing it flavor has to be thrown away. Branches that don’t produce fruit put in the fire and on and on and on.

We disagree.....People here have seen both sides now....they can believe what they want....

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. I believe Scripture over man-made doctrine.

Not sure what motivates people to violate Mark 7:13, going beyond the word but there we have it.

Not really sure from this post who you are accusing of going by the Traditions Of man

Here is what I Teach for Salvation....1Cor15:1-4 ....Paul said that if we believe that Scripture we are Saved....I believe it and teach it....if you think that is a “Tradition” That “ Goes Beyond The Word”, please explain how....thanks....

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really sure from this post who you are accusing of going by the Traditions Of man

Here is what I Teach for Salvation....1Cor15:1-4 ....Paul said that if we believe that Scripture we are Saved....I believe it and teach it....if you think that is a “Tradition” That “ Goes Beyond The Word”, please explain how....thanks....

The point does not hinge on earning ones salvation but verses like Hebrews 10:26 if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins. If OSAS were true, such verses would not exist.
I already explained.

1Cor15:1-4 has nothing to do with the point and I expressed this already. Being saved is not the proper perspective of OSAS. 1Cor15:1-4 only applies to those who hold fast to God’s grace because it does not address those who chose to sin after.

Otherwise, Hebrews 10:26 and many other verses would not be in Scripture, which clarifies the point.

I agree that nothing external to us can separate us from God. The foolish OSAS man-made doctrine is not to bound God’s grace by his other attributes, including justice AS EXPRESSED by Hebrews 10:26. That our internal choice to separate our own selves from God is clear from Hebrews 10:26 et al, and therefore properly bounds Romans 8:35-39 (and 1Cor15:1-4).

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already explained.

1Cor15:1-4 has nothing to do with the point and I expressed this already. Being saved is not the proper perspective of OSAS. 1Cor15:1-4 only applies to those who hold fast to God’s grace because it does not address those who chose to sin after.

Otherwise, Hebrews 10:26 and many other verses would not be in Scripture, which clarifies the point.

I agree that nothing external to us can separate us from God. The foolish OSAS man-made doctrine is not to bound God’s grace by his other attributes, including justice AS EXPRESSED by Hebrews 10:26. That our internal choice to separate our own selves from God is clear from Hebrews 10:26 et al, and therefore properly bounds Romans 8:35-39 (and 1Cor15:1-4).

Wow. It’s amazing to me how one Bible verse that is inexcusably misunderstood can force one to let the entirety of the Bible be Twisted and revolve around that misunderstanding..... anybody interested in a Scripture - Based and an intelligent explanation of these “ scary “ verses about the “ willful” sins that make up 99% of our sins( are you Sinning “ by Accident?” Yeah....sure....)
When properly explained IN CONTEXT it is immediately believable and so easily explainable, a Ten - Year Old could “ get it”...... it’s tough I suppose if one is “ Stiff- Necked”....

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. 1Cor15:1-4 only applies to those who hold fast to God’s grace because it does not address those who chose to sin after.

Strange.....Paul said one would be Saved by simply Believing this and this alone ....he even Warned about adding to it.... it’s how you get “ Severed from Christ” and ‘ Fall From Grace”......

Shame on Paul for being so Derelict in his duty to get people Saved....He only got people that sought Salvation “ Half-way Home” according to the Legalists ....

Many in here that insist on ADDING to Paul’s simple Gospel Of Grace better pray that “ Falling from Grace” is not tantamount to Damnation,,..some say that it is